Bluefield: Over looking Bluefield Virginia November 2005
Bluefield: South of Bluefield Virginia
Bluefield: In town from a Sam's parking lot in Bluefield VA.
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||39.7 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.8 years|
Zip codes: 24605.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $30,764 (it was $21,755 in 2000)
Bluefield town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $105,856 (it was $73,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $530.
Races in Bluefield, VA (2010)
- 4,85189.1%White alone
- 3346.1%Black alone
- 1041.9%Asian alone
- 791.5%Two or more races
- 60.1%Other race alone
- 20.04%American Indian alone
|Bluefield, Virginia...should we move there?? (2 replies)|
|Bluefield Virginia (4 replies)|
|Can Anyone Give us Information About Bluefield, VA? (12 replies)|
|Would you support a George Mason University Football Team? (31 replies)|
|RVA Culture... (44 replies)|
|Help relocation to VA (commutable to Bluefield VW) (2 replies)|
Latest news from Bluefield, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (37.2%), Italian (8.9%), German (6.1%), English (4.0%), Lebanese (3.2%), Irish (2.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 2389 feet
Land area: 7.58 square miles.
Population density: 699 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Bluefield:
- High school or higher: 84.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.6%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bluefield town:
- Never married: 25.0%
- Now married: 55.5%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 8.1%
- Divorced: 8.5%
216 residents are foreign born (1.9% Asia, 1.7% Latin America).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 26 registered sex offenders living in Bluefield, Virginia as of October 16, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Bluefield to the number of sex offenders is 206 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $948 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $648 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Roanoke, VA (72.7 miles , pop. 94,911).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Greensboro, NC (114.0 miles , pop. 223,891).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (382.0 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Brush Fork, WV (1.7 miles ), Bluefield, WV (1.8 miles ), Bluewell, WV (2.2 miles ), Pocahontas, VA (2.3 miles ), Bramwell, WV (2.4 miles ), Montcalm, WV (2.8 miles ), Springville, VA (2.8 miles ), Maybeury, WV (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $215,000
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $278,500
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $305,700
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $196,400
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $340,600
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $626,500
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $442,300
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $183,400
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $191,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $30,700
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $305,300
- 2012: 3 buildings, average cost: $62,700
- 2013: 7 buildings, average cost: $214,600
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $70,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.24 N, Longitude: 81.27 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,082 (+19.9%)
Workers who live and work in this town: 905 (37.0%)
Area code: 276
|Crime rates in Bluefield by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 293.9)||173.6||203.8||178.1||205.5||197.5||190.5||199.3||200.5||254.8||316.4||186.4||247.9||279.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Bluefield detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.23|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -301 (-5.6%).
- Retail trade (25%)
- Transportation and warehousing (11%)
- Information (10%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Management occupations (20%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (5%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (28%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
Average climate in Bluefield, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bluefield-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Virginia state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/4/1974, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 29.5 miles away from the Bluefield town center injured 12 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/4/1974, a category F3 tornado 37.2 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 4 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Bluefield-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Virginia state average. It is 81% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 160.4 miles away from the city center
On 11/2/2006 at 17:53:02, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, Depth: 0.6 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 35.7 miles away from Bluefield center
On 11/23/2006 at 10:42:57, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 39.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/29/1996 at 19:30:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 37.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 155.4 miles away from Bluefield center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 179.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Tazewell County (17) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 8, Floods: 7, Winter Storms: 5, Hurricanes: 2, Snowstorms: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Bluefield:
College/University in Bluefield:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bluefield:
- Concord University (about 20 miles; Athens, WV; Full-time enrollment: 2,698)
- Wytheville Community College (about 23 miles; Wytheville, VA; FT enrollment: 2,193)
- New River Community College (about 34 miles; Dublin, VA; FT enrollment: 3,007)
- New River Community and Technical College (about 39 miles; Beckley, WV; FT enrollment: 2,234)
- Radford University (about 41 miles; Radford, VA; FT enrollment: 9,426)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (about 47 miles; Blacksburg, VA; FT enrollment: 30,984)
- King University (about 67 miles; Bristol, TN; FT enrollment: 2,472)
Public high school in Bluefield:
- GRAHAM HIGH (Students: 513, Location: 210 VALLEYDALE, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Bluefield:
Notable locations in Bluefield: Richwood Golf Club (A), Fincastle Country Club (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Westgate Shopping Center (1), Twin City Shopping Center (2), College Plaza Shopping Center (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Bluefield include: Gospel Hall (A), Parkview Church (B), Bethel United Methodist Church (C), Church of God (D), First Methodist Church (E), Graham Christian Church (F), Graham Presbyterian Church (G), Holiness Gospel Tabernacle (H), Memorial Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Maple Hill Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: Wrights Valley Creek (A), Beaverpond Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Bluefield include: Bowen Field (1), Bluefield City Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Graham Historical Society (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; Sanders Lane), Historic Pocahontas Inc (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 124 East Water St).
Hotels: Comfort Inn (Us 19-460 W.), Comfort Inn Bluefield (38769 Governor G C Peery Highway).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 52.7. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 28.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2000 was 22.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 2.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 14.5. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 2.7 miles away from the city center.
(8.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 19.4% for Black residents, 5.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 44.7% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
74 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Bluefield in 2000:
- 200 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 94 people in nursing homes
- 24 people in other group homes
Banks with branches in Bluefield (2011 data):
- The National Bank of Blacksburg: Bluefield Branch at 511 Virginia Avenue, branch established on 1964/07/01; Westgate Branch at 2070 Leatherwood Lane, branch established on 1964/07/20. Info updated 2006/06/01: Bank assets: $1,063.8 mil, Deposits: $919.4 mil, headquarters in Blacksburg, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 25 total offices, Holding Company: National Bankshares, Inc.
- First Community Bank: Ridgeview Plaza Branch at 101 Sanders Lane, branch established on 2002/11/07; at 29 College Drive, branch established on 1920/01/07. Info updated 2011/07/12: Bank assets: $2,144.1 mil, Deposits: $1,561.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 58 total offices, Holding Company: First Community Bancshares, Inc.
- New Peoples Bank, Inc.: Bluefield Office Branch at 514 Commerce Drive, branch established on 2005/05/19. Info updated 2007/08/21: Bank assets: $781.6 mil, Deposits: $709.1 mil, headquarters in Honaker, VA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 28 total offices, Holding Company: New Peoples Bankshares, Inc.
- First Sentinel Bank: Bluefield Branch at 801 S. College Ave., Ste. 5, branch established on 2007/04/30. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $167.5 mil, Deposits: $149.9 mil, headquarters in Richlands, VA, positive income, Consumer Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: First Region Bancshares, Inc.
- Woodforest National Bank: Bluefield Wal-Mart Branch at 4001 College Ave, branch established on 2006/04/26. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Bluefield Branch at 502 Commerce Drive, branch established on 1992/09/21. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- First Century Bank, Inc.: Virginia Avenue Branch at 108 Spruce Street, branch established on 1987/06/30. Info updated 2012/01/26: Bank assets: $417.5 mil, Deposits: $353.1 mil, headquarters in Bluefield, WV, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices, Holding Company: First Century Bankshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bluefield town (based on Tazewell County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Tazewell County:||2.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tazewell County:||0.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tazewell County:||9.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Bluefield, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$14,891||$44,673||13||$3,250|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$3,288||$39,456||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||16||$46,135||$34,601||0||$0|
|Police - Other||5||$8,868||$21,283||1||$1,169|
|Streets and Highways||8||$22,351||$33,527||2||$1,541|
|Solid Waste Management||6||$9,526||$19,052||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||3||$9,236||$36,944||1||$117|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||2||$4,865||$29,190||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||8||$16,023||$24,035||1||$469|
|Totals for Government||75||$174,978||$27,996||40||$23,167|
Bluefield government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $8,000 ($1.51)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $812,000 ($153.15)
Police Protection: $802,000 ($151.26)
Water Utilities: $554,000 ($104.49)
Central Staff Services: $357,000 ($67.33)
General - Other: $323,000 ($60.92)
Housing & Community Development: $260,000 ($49.04)
Sewerage: $237,000 ($44.70)
Financial Administration: $196,000 ($36.97)
Parks & Recreation: $186,000 ($35.08)
Solid Waste Management: $145,000 ($27.35)
Fire Protection: $129,000 ($24.33)
General Public Buildings: $54,000 ($10.18)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $32,000 ($6.04)
Judicial and Legal Services: $30,000 ($5.66)
- General - Interest on Debt: $71,000 ($13.39)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $106,000 ($19.99)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,295,000 ($244.25)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $68,000 ($12.83)
Bluefield government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $324,000 ($61.11)
Solid Waste Management: $278,000 ($52.43)
All Other: $47,000 ($8.86)
Parks & Recreation: $43,000 ($8.11)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $111,000 ($20.94)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $114,000 ($21.50)
Rents: $37,000 ($6.98)
Interest Earnings: $25,000 ($4.72)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $758,000 ($142.96)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $467,000 ($88.08)
All Other: $219,000 ($41.31)
General Support: $125,000 ($23.58)
- Tax - Property: $920,000 ($173.52)
NEC: $388,000 ($73.18)
Total General Sales: $238,000 ($44.89)
Public Utilities: $144,000 ($27.16)
Tobacco Sales: $58,000 ($10.94)
Motor Vehicle License: $44,000 ($8.30)
Bluefield government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,388,000 ($261.79)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $903,000 ($170.31)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $1,313,000 ($247.64)
Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $859,000 ($162.01)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $75,000 ($14.15)
Other, NEC: $44,000 ($8.30)
Bluefield government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,509,000 ($284.61)
4.43% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,406 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Mercer County, WV||0.82% ($27,810 average AGI)|
|from Buchanan County, VA||0.60% ($37,341)|
|from Russell County, VA||0.43% ($36,951)|
4.85% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,211 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bluefield:
- WBDY (1190 AM; daytime; 10 kW; BLUEFIELD, VA; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WHIS (1440 AM; 5 kW; BLUEFIELD, WV; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WKEZ (1240 AM; 1 kW; BLUEFIELD, WV; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WAMN (1050 AM; 1 kW; GREEN VALLEY, WV; Owner: WAMN, INC.)
- WTZE (1470 AM; daytime; 5 kW; TAZEWELL, VA; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WELC (1150 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELCH, WV; Owner: POCAHONTAS BROADCASTING CO.)
- WKNV (890 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FAIRLAWN, VA; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WIWS (1070 AM; daytime; 10 kW; BECKLEY, WV; Owner: SOUTHERN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WYRV (770 AM; daytime; 5 kW; CEDAR BLUFF, VA; Owner: FAITH CHRISTIAN MUSIC BROADCASTING MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WTRU (830 AM; 50 kW; KERNERSVILLE, NC; Owner: TRUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJLS (560 AM; 5 kW; BECKLEY, WV; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WNRV (990 AM; 5 kW; NARROWS-PEARISBURG, VA; Owner: PERCEPTION MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WWNR (620 AM; 5 kW; BECKLEY, WV; Owner: DYNASTAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bluefield:
- WHAJ (104.5 FM; BLUEFIELD, WV; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WHKX (106.3 FM; BLUEFIELD, VA; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WKOY-FM (100.9 FM; PRINCETON, WV; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WPIB (91.1 FM; BLUEFIELD, WV; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC.)
- WSTG (95.9 FM; PRINCETON, WV; Owner: PRINCETON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMEV-FM (93.9 FM; MARION, VA; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHQX (107.7 FM; CEDAR BLUFF, VA; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WOLD-FM (102.5 FM; MARION, VA; Owner: EMERALD SOUND, INC.)
- WJLS-FM (99.5 FM; BECKLEY, WV; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WVTR (91.9 FM; MARION, VA; Owner: VIRGINIA TECH FOUNDATION INC)
- KHPR (88.1 FM; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO)
- WPIN-FM (91.5 FM; DUBLIN, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC.)
- WPSK-FM (107.1 FM; PULASKI, VA; Owner: NEW RIVER VALLEY RADIO PARTNERS, LLC)
- WMTD-FM (102.3 FM; HINTON, WV; Owner: SOUTHERN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WGTH-FM (105.5 FM; RICHLANDS, VA; Owner: HIGH KNOB BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WBRF (98.1 FM; GALAX, VA; Owner: BLUE RIDGE RADIO, INC.)
- WXLK (92.3 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: MEL WHEELER, INC.)
- WCIR-FM (103.7 FM; BECKLEY, WV; Owner: SOUTHERN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WSLQ (99.1 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: MEL WHEELER, INC.)
- WSLC-FM (94.9 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: MEL WHEELER, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Bluefield:
- WLFB (Channel 40; BLUEFIELD, WV; Owner: LIVING FAITH MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WVVA (Channel 6; BLUEFIELD, WV; Owner: WVVA TELEVISON, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Bluefield fatal accident list:
May 14, 1993 02:58 AM, Rt460, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Sep 26, 1992 07:35 PM, Rt19bypass, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Jul 17, 1989 11:13 AM, Rt460, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Nov 10, 1989 02:30 AM, Rt460, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jul 26, 1988 00:25 AM, Rt19/460w, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Apr 22, 1983 01:51 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 33Number of bridges
- 118m387ftTotal length
- $2,964,000Total costs
- 219,456Total average daily traffic
- 18,252Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:54 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Bluefield)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Bluefield, VA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:80 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Bluefield)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: BEECH F33A (Category: Land, Seats: 5, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 138 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO 520 SERIES (285 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 555DB , Serial Number: CE-803, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 08/07/1978
Registrant (Co-Owned): James T Jr Welch, 861 Slade Rd, Bluefield, VA 24605, Other Owners: Kristina Welch
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bluefield and their reported violations in the past:BLUEFIELD, TOWN OF (Population served: 6,138, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between APR-2010 and JUN-2010, Contaminant: CARBON, TOTAL. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-15-2010), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-15-2010), St Compliance achieved (AUG-02-2010)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bluefield that have no violations reported:
- BARKAY ESTATES (Population served: 85, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 44
- Hazardous Condition: 40
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 8
Incident types - Bluefield
|Most common first names in Bluefield, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Bluefield, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (61%)
- Utility gas (28%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Wood (3%)
|Businesses in Bluefield, VA|
|Burger King||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
|Comfort Inn||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||Ryan's Grill||1|
Bluefield compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
Bluefield on our top lists:
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Information (population 5,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of robberies per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2017.