Humboldt County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bode and their reported violations in the past:
BODE MUNICIPAL WATER SUPPLY (Population served: 327, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting Stage 1 - Between JUL-2005 and AUG-2005, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (NOV-07-2005), St Public Notif requested (NOV-07-2005), St Public Notif received (JUN-20-2006)
- Monitoring and Reporting Stage 1 - Between JAN-2004 and MAR-2004, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (MAR-10-2005), St Public Notif requested (MAR-10-2005), St Compliance achieved (MAY-02-2005)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- 47 regular monitoring violations
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 35.3%
(37.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 4.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 30.8% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.3 people|
|Iowa: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 63.8%|
|Whole state: || 66.4%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 8.1%|
|Whole state: || 4.9%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Bode, IA
Bode compared to Iowa state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Bode (2011 data):
- West Iowa Bank: Bode Branch at 104 Humboldt Avenue, branch established on 1947/09/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $94.7 mil, Deposits: $81.4 mil, headquarters in West Bend, IA, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: West Bend Bancorp.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (49%)
- Electricity (29%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (15%)
- Wood (3%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Humboldt County Iowa:
Religion statistics for Bode (based on Humboldt County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 85.19%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Humboldt County:||2.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Humboldt County:||8.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||7.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Iowa:||7.8%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||27.3%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Totals for Government
Bode government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $23,000 ($76.16)
Sewerage: $14,000 ($46.36)
All Other: $8,000 ($26.49)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $41,000 ($135.76)
Water Utilities: $26,000 ($86.09)
Solid Waste Management: $24,000 ($79.47)
Libraries: $21,000 ($69.54)
Fire Protection: $18,000 ($59.60)
Sewerage: $18,000 ($59.60)
Financial Administration: $14,000 ($46.36)
Parks & Recreation: $6,000 ($19.87)
Central Staff Services: $4,000 ($13.25)
General Public Buildings: $3,000 ($9.93)
Police Protection: $3,000 ($9.93)
Welfare - Other: $1,000 ($3.31)
General - Other: $1,000 ($3.31)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $28,000 ($92.72)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $8,000 ($26.49)
Rents: $3,000 ($9.93)
Property Sale Other: $1,000 ($3.31)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $25,000 ($82.78)
Regular Highways: $5,000 ($16.56)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $40,000 ($132.45)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $22,000 ($72.85)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - End of Fiscal Year: $156,000 ($516.56)
Beginning: $75,000 ($248.34)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $27,000 ($89.40)
General Support: $7,000 ($23.18)
All Other: $1,000 ($3.31)
- Tax - Property: $60,000 ($198.68)
Total General Sales: $4,000 ($13.25)
Public Utilities: $2,000 ($6.62)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $51,000 ($168.87)
5.10% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($33,186 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.42% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($27,461 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bode:
- KLGA (1600 AM; 5 kW; ALGONA, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KWMT (540 AM; 5 kW; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WOI (640 AM; 5 kW; AMES, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIV., OF SCIENCE & TECH.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KKOJ (1190 AM; 5 kW; JACKSON, MN; Owner: KLEVEN BROADCASTING CO. OF MINN.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bode:
- KTPR (91.1 FM; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)
- KIAQ (96.9 FM; CLARION, IA; Owner: THREE EAGLES OF FT. DODGE, INC.)
- KLGA-FM (92.7 FM; ALGONA, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KHBT (97.7 FM; HUMBOLDT, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KKEZ (94.5 FM; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KJYL (100.7 FM; EAGLE GROVE, IA; Owner: MINN-IOWA CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING,INC)
TV broadcast stations around Bode:
- KTIN (Channel 21; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- 305 2nd St (Lat: 42.866639 Lon: -94.283306), Call Sign: KFM462, Licensee ID: L00029384
Assigned Frequencies: 154.280 MHz, 154.430 MHz
Grant Date: 03/24/1999, Expiration Date: 02/28/2004, Cancellation Date: 05/02/2004
Registrant: City Of Bode, Bode, IA 50519, Phone: (515) 379-1486
- Bode Cooperative 12 Humboldt Ave (Lat: 42.868028 Lon: -94.284417), Structure height: 8 m, Call Sign: WNVG804
Assigned Frequencies: 469.250 MHz
Grant Date: 12/21/2000, Expiration Date: 01/29/2011, Certifier: Dennis Knight
Registrant: National License Corp., 9050 Briraclift Rd, Indpls, IN 46256, Phone: (317) 849-5866, Fax: (800) 841-0516
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KC0IFK, Licensee ID: L00256147
Grant Date: 06/09/2000, Expiration Date: 06/09/2010, Certifier: Kevin P Marso
Registrant: Kevin P Marso, 709 110 St, Bode, IA 50519
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Bode, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Bode, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Social scientists and related workers"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Legal support workers"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Cooks and food preparation workers"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Education, training, and library occupations:"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Food preparation and serving related occupations:"
- #10 (50519) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Luxemburger first ancestries"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"