|Median resident age:||46.3 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54853.
Bone Lake town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $169,535 (it was $105,900 in 2000)
- White alone - 687 (95.8%)
- American Indian alone - 14 (2.0%)
- Two or more races - 6 (0.8%)
- Black alone - 5 (0.7%)
- Hispanic - 4 (0.6%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.1%)
Ancestries: German (35.1%), Norwegian (17.6%), Swedish (13.5%), English (10.7%), Danish (9.7%), Irish (6.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 33.6 square miles.
Population density: 21 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Bone Lake:
- High school or higher: 86.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.3%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 34.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bone Lake town:
- Never married: 13.4%
- Now married: 73.9%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 3.7%
- Divorced: 7.7%
7 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Bone Lake town:||1.3% ($1,403)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Coon Rapids, MN (54.8 miles , pop. 61,607).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (57.4 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (348.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Georgetown, WI (2.2 miles ), Luck, WI (2.6 miles ), Clam Falls, WI (2.8 miles ), Frederic, WI (2.9 miles ), Milltown, WI (3.0 miles ), Lorain, WI (3.1 miles ), Lewis, WI (3.1 miles) , Apple River, WI (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 45.58 N, Longitude: 92.34 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Construction (10%)
- Truck transportation (9%)
- Wood products (8%)
- Health care (6%)
- Apparel (4%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Personal and laundry services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (7%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Personal appearance workers (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Secondary school teachers (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
Bone Lake-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Wisconsin state average. It is 9% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/21/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 25.6 miles away from the Bone Lake town center injured 2 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/23/1952, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.5 miles away from the town center killed 2 people and injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Bone Lake-area historical earthquake activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 179.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 191.3 miles away from Bone Lake center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 358.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 219.0 miles away from the city center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 135.5 miles away from Bone Lake center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 333.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Polk County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Bone Lake:
- FREDERIC NUR REHAB COM (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; FREDERIC, WI)
- CENTURIA NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; CENTURIA, WI)
- CAPESIDE COVE GOOD SAMARITAN (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; SIREN, WI)
- CUMBERLAND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 16 miles away; CUMBERLAND, WI)
- CUMBERLAND MEM HSPTL ECU (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CUMBERLAND, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bone Lake:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 24 miles; Shell Lake, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,414)
- Century College (about 49 miles; White Bear Lake, MN; FT enrollment: 7,393)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 52 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (about 53 miles; River Falls, WI; FT enrollment: 5,868)
- Bethel University (about 54 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 4,061)
- University of Northwestern-St Paul (about 56 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 2,680)
- Metropolitan State University (about 56 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 6,159)
Churches in Bone Lake include: Zion Church (A), Saint Paul Church (B), Bone Lake Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Mullins Lake (A), Pickerel Lake (B), Pine Lake (C), Rhinstad Lake (D), Tula Lake (E), Ward Lake (F), Dahl Lake (G), Depot Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Bone Lake: Tula Lake State Natural Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Bone Lake compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (57%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (18%)
- Wood (16%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Utility gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bone Lake town (based on Polk County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 57.81%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Catholic Church||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church|
|Name||Christian and Missionary Alliance||Baptist General Conference||Evangelical Free Church of America||United Church of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Polk County:||2.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Polk County:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Polk County:||5.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.90% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($39,011 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from St. Croix County, WI||0.85% ($36,228 average AGI)|
|from Barron County, WI||0.51% ($27,404)|
|from Washington County, MN||0.32% ($42,200)|
5.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,285 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bone Lake:
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WXCE (1260 AM; 5 kW; AMERY, WI; Owner: LAKE COUNTRY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- WAQE (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCSW (940 AM; daytime; 1 kW; SHELL LAKE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WIXK (1590 AM; daytime; 5 kW; NEW RICHMOND, WI; Owner: WIXK-AM, LLC)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bone Lake:
- WLMX-FM (104.9 FM; BALSAM LAKE, WI; Owner: QUARNSTROM MEDIA GROUP, LLC)
- WGMO (95.3 FM; SHELL LAKE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXPT (104.1 FM; ST. LOUIS PARK, MN; Owner: THE AUDIO HOUSE, INC.)
- WHWC (88.3 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WJMC-FM (96.1 FM; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WXCX (105.7 FM; SIREN, WI; Owner: QUARNSTROM MEDIA GROUP, LLC)
- WKFX (97.7 FM; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WAQE-FM (97.7 FM; BARRON, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Bone Lake:
- KMSP-TV (Channel 9; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- KARE (Channel 11; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: MULTIMEDIA HOLDINGS CORPORATION)
- KSTP-TV (Channel 5; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W24CL (Channel 24; GRANTSBURG, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WHWC-TV (Channel 28; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WCCO-TV (Channel 4; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
Total length: 0 meters
Total average daily traffic: 320
Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic: 320