We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||34.9 years|
|Arizona median age:||34.2 years|
Zip code: 85643
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $16,937 (it was $12,068 in 2000)
Bonita-Klondyke CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $126,579 (it was $75,000 in 2000)
Races in Bonita-Klondyke, AZ (2000)
- 1,15549.3%White alone
- 24310.4%Black alone
- 1506.4%American Indian alone
- 492.1%Asian alone
- 110.5%Other race alone
- 110.5%Two or more races
Current Local Time: MST (no DST) time zone
Land area: 1191.6 square miles.
Population density: 2.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Bonita-Klondyke:
- High school or higher: 69.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.9%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bonita-Klondyke CCD:
- Never married: 3.7%
- Now married: 67.0%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 16.9%
- Divorced: 12.4%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Bonita-Klondyke CCD:||0.5% ($353)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Catalina Foothills, AZ (53.7 miles , pop. 53,794).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Tucson, AZ (57.9 miles , pop. 486,699).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (133.6 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Swift Trail Junction, AZ (4.6 miles ), Cactus Flats, AZ (4.6 miles ), Thatcher, AZ (4.7 miles ), Pima, AZ (4.8 miles ), Central, AZ (4.8 miles ), Safford, AZ (4.9 miles ), Bryce, AZ (5.0 miles) , Willcox, AZ (5.3 miles ).
Latitude: 32.61 N, Longitude: 110.05 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 928
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (35%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (19%)
- Construction (13%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (9%)
- Utilities (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (5%)
- Health care (23%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Public administration (15%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (8%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (6%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (23%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (12%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (10%)
- Health technologists and technicians (9%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (8%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
Average climate in Bonita-Klondyke, Arizona
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Bonita-Klondyke-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Arizona state average. It is 285% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 389.9 miles away from the city center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 5/19/1940 at 04:36:40, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 330.8 miles away from Bonita-Klondyke center, causing $33,000,000 total damage
On 10/16/1999 at 09:46:44, a magnitude 7.4 (6.3 MB, 7.4 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.3 ML) earthquake occurred 390.9 miles away from the city center
On 12/31/1934 at 18:45:56, a magnitude 7.1 (7.1 UK) earthquake occurred 332.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/15/1979 at 23:16:54, a magnitude 7.0 (5.7 MB, 6.9 MS, 7.0 ML, 6.4 MW) earthquake occurred 325.7 miles away from Bonita-Klondyke center
On 1/4/2006 at 08:32:32, a magnitude 6.7 (6.1 MB, 6.7 MS, 6.6 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 331.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Graham County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 7, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bonita-Klondyke:
- Eastern Arizona College (about 23 miles; Thatcher, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 3,810)
- Pima Community College (about 57 miles; Tucson, AZ; FT enrollment: 18,794)
- Pima Medical Institute-Tucson (about 57 miles; Tucson, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,357)
- University of Arizona (about 60 miles; Tucson, AZ; FT enrollment: 36,324)
- Cochise College (about 89 miles; Douglas, AZ; FT enrollment: 8,597)
- Central Arizona College (about 97 miles; Coolidge, AZ; FT enrollment: 4,893)
- Western New Mexico University (about 104 miles; Silver City, NM; FT enrollment: 2,456)
Notable locations in Bonita-Klondyke: Froelich Ranch (A), P Ranch (B), Paddy Lynch Windmill (C), Gilman Ranch (D), Angle Orchard (E), Gold Gulch Corral (F), Hanks Corral (G), McGee Windmill (H), Wear Ranch (I), Webb Corral (J), Powers Garden (K), High Lonesome Windmill (L), Birdcage Windmill (M), Hooker Cabin (N), Horse Camp Corral (O), Red Corral (P), Wilson Windmill (Q), River Colderan Ranch (R), Jackson Cabin (S), Y L E Ranch (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Kennedy Cemetery (1), Johns Cemetery (2), Salazar Cemetery (3), Whalen Cemetery (4), Lindsey Grave (5), Klondyke Cemetery (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Deer Tank (A), Devil Tank (B), Dial Tank (C), Dry Lake Stock Tank (D), Eureka Tank (E), Fourmile Tank (F), Gibbs Tank (G), Goat Tank (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Deer Creek (A), Sheep Wash (B), Sheep Camp Wash (C), Grapevine Canyon Wash (D), Grant Creek (E), Goudy Canyon Wash (F), Sand Wash (G), Gillespie Wash (H), Moonshine Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Bonita-Klondyke include: Soldier Creek Recreation Area (1), Snow Flat Boy Scout Camp (2), Riggs Flat Recreation Area (3), Treasure Park (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2007 was 26.6. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 22.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.4 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
People in group quarters in Bonita-Klondyke in 2010:
- 1,286 people in federal prisons
- 911 people in state prisons
- 6 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
People in group quarters in Bonita-Klondyke in 2000:
- 908 people in federal prisons and detention centers
- 728 people in state prisons
- 9 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bonita-Klondyke CCD (based on Graham County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Graham County:||1.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||1.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Graham County:||0.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Graham County:||3.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.21 / 10,000 pop.|
6.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,887 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Maricopa County, AZ||1.13% ($31,870 average AGI)|
|from Greenlee County, AZ||0.62% ($43,164)|
|from Pima County, AZ||0.61% ($38,167)|
6.79% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($37,602 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bonita-Klondyke:
- KFLT (830 AM; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FAMILY LIFE B/CING SYSTEM, INC.)
- KUAZ (1550 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS)
- KHIL (1250 AM; 5 kW; WILLCOX, AZ; Owner: LAKESHORE MEDIA, LLC)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTKT (990 AM; 10 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA LOTUS CORP.)
- KEVT (1030 AM; 10 kW; CORTARO, AZ; Owner: ONE MART CORP.)
- KFNX (1100 AM; 50 kW; CAVE CREEK, AZ; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KMIK (1580 AM; 50 kW; TEMPE, AZ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KQTL (1210 AM; 10 kW; SAHUARITA, AZ; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF TUCSON LICENSE CORP.)
- KPXQ (1360 AM; 50 kW; GLENDALE, AZ; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KNST (790 AM; 5 kW; TUCSON, AZ)
- KATO (1230 AM; 1 kW; SAFFORD, AZ; Owner: MCMURRAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSAZ (580 AM; 5 kW; MARANA, AZ; Owner: OWL BROADCASTING & DEVELOPMENT, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bonita-Klondyke:
- KXKQ (94.1 FM; SAFFORD, AZ; Owner: MCMURRAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KGMG (106.3 FM; ORACLE, AZ; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- K255AC (98.9 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: MARICOPA COUNTY COMMUN. COLLEGE DIST)
- K263AA (100.5 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZLZ-FM2 (105.3 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K208BT (89.5 FM; SAFFORD, AZ; Owner: AZ BD OF REGENTS/UNIV. OF ARIZONA)
- KWCX-FM (104.9 FM; WILLCOX, AZ; Owner: LAKESHORE MEDIA, LLC)
- KUAT-FM (90.5 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS)
- K292CM (106.3 FM; SUMMERHAVEN, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA LOTUS CORPORATION)
- KZLZ-FM1 (105.3 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KCDX (103.1 FM; FLORENCE, AZ; Owner: DESERT WEST AIR RANCHERS CORPORATION)
- KXCI (91.3 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FOUNDATION FOR CREATIVE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KJIK (100.7 FM; DUNCAN, AZ; Owner: WILLIAM S. KONOPNICKI)
- K204CE (88.7 FM; CLIFTON, AZ; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- KFMM (99.1 FM; THATCHER, AZ; Owner: WICK COMMUNICATIONS CO.)
- KVJC (91.9 FM; GLOBE, AZ; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- KMRR (100.3 FM; GLOBE, AZ; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KRXS-FM (97.3 FM; GLOBE, AZ; Owner: LINDA C. POTYKA)
- KWRQ (102.3 FM; CLIFTON, AZ; Owner: MCMURRAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLPX (96.1 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA LOTUS CORPORATION)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (43%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (29%)
- Electricity (18%)
- Wood (10%)
Bonita-Klondyke compared to Arizona state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Bonita-Klondyke on our top lists:
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in federal prisons and detention centers (population 1,000+)"
- #15 on the list of "Top 100 cities with the largest percentage of males"
- #70 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in state prisons (population 1,000+)"