We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||34.9 years|
|Texas median age:||34.4 years|
Zip codes: 79007.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $23,508 (it was $16,869 in 2000)
Borger city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $72,871 (it was $39,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $724.
Races in Borger, TX (2015)
- 8,22060.9%White alone
- 5173.8%Black alone
- 3292.4%Two or more races
- 1200.9%American Indian alone
- 1020.8%Asian alone
- 150.1%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 140.1%Other race alone
|Borger, Big Spring or Odessa? - Potential Film Locations (40 replies)|
|changes on south congress. (132 replies)|
|Amarillo - Is it safe? How's the climate? (24 replies)|
|Commuting from Pampa to Borger? (1 reply)|
|Temporary housing in/around Borger (1 reply)|
|Moving to Borger, TX? (13 replies)|
Latest news from Borger, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (17.4%), German (8.3%), English (5.8%), Irish (4.0%), Scottish (1.5%), European (1.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 8.73 square miles.
Population density: 1,486 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Borger:
- High school or higher: 81.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Borger city:
- Never married: 29.2%
- Now married: 47.1%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 15.5%
1,216 residents are foreign born (8.1% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 24 registered sex offenders living in Borger, Texas as of July 20, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Borger to the number of sex offenders is 545 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,587 (1.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $986 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Amarillo, TX (40.7 miles , pop. 173,627).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Oklahoma City, OK (217.9 miles , pop. 506,132).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (329.9 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Sanford, TX (2.8 miles ), Lake Meredith Estates, TX (3.4 miles ), Fritch, TX (3.4 miles ), Stinnett, TX (3.4 miles ), Skellytown, TX (3.8 miles ), White Deer, TX (4.5 miles ), Panhandle, TX (4.7 miles ), Pampa, TX (5.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $104,800
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $180,000
- 1999: 6 buildings, average cost: $216,700
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $380,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $110,000
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $185,000
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $443,600
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $358,800
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $197,300
- 2008: 10 buildings, average cost: $248,000
- 2009: 3 buildings, average cost: $248,300
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $180,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 35.66 N, Longitude: 101.40 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,226 (+9.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 4,449 (74.8%)
Area code: 806
|Crime rates in Borger by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||407.5||391.5||401.2||430.2||486.8||497.0||557.5||584.1||709.0||633.2||405.7||487.0||412.1||417.5||478.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Borger detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.31|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -1,344 (-8.6%).
- Construction (21%)
- Manufacturing (17%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (4%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (25%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (25%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (6%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
Average climate in Borger, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Borger-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 71% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/27/1992, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.2 miles away from the Borger city center injured 7 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/8/1995, a category F4 tornado 24.2 miles away from the city center injured 7 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Borger-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Texas state average. It is 24% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 185.7 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 70.2 miles away from Borger center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 206.8 miles away from the city center
On 12/16/2000 at 22:08:54, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 28.9 miles away from the city center
On 8/17/2000 at 01:08:05, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 29.9 miles away from Borger center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 249.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hutchinson County (9) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 4, Hurricanes: 3, Storms: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Flood: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Mike Conaway - Politician, Donny Anderson - Player of football, Bill Bishop (American football) - Football player, Darlene Cates - Film actor, Gerald Myers - Basketball player-coach, John LaGrone - Judge, Rik Bonness - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Borger:
airports located in Borger:
- Hutchinson County Airport (BGD) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 2,500, Local Ops: 7,500, Military Ops: 10)
College/University in Borger:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Borger:
- Amarillo College (about 42 miles; Amarillo, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,622)
- West Texas A & M University (about 56 miles; Canyon, TX; FT enrollment: 6,820)
- Wayland Baptist University (about 104 miles; Plainview, TX; FT enrollment: 5,526)
- Western Oklahoma State College (about 136 miles; Altus, OK; FT enrollment: 2,054)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (about 146 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 3,269)
- Texas Tech University (about 147 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 29,251)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Main Campus (about 151 miles; Portales, NM; FT enrollment: 4,263)
Public high school in Borger:
- BORGER H S (Students: 770, Location: 600 W 1ST ST, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Borger:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- There is also a 1st Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Boarger, Texas.
Notable locations in Borger: Hutchinson County Museum (A), Borger Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Borger include: Trinity Lutheran Church (A), Saint Peters Episcopal Church (B), First Church of the Nazarene (C), Church of God (D), Church of Christ - Borger (E), Church of Christ (F), Primitive Baptist Church of Borger (G), Gateway Baptist Church (H), Central Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Highland Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Borger include: Rock Creek Park (1), Johnson Park (2), Huber Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Borger Independent School District - Schools- Borger Middle School Lib (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 1200 South Florida Street), Bouldin Amusement CO (Amusement & Theme Parks; 713 South Main Street), Circle Roller Rink (Amusement & Theme Parks; Circle & N Main), D & D Amusement (1320 South Florida Street).
Hotels: Budget Inn (500 Circle Dr), Best Western Borger Inn (206 South Cedar Street), Brierwood Apartments (102 Brierwood Street Apt 104).
Courts: Borger-City - Animal Control Shelter- Recreation Municipal Court Animal Control- Animal She (1300 West 3rd), Borger-City - Director Judge- Recreation Municipal Court Animal Control- Municipal Court J (600 North Main Street).
(16.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 54.5% for Black residents, 26.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 27.5% for American Indian residents, 29.1% for other race residents, 28.7% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Borger in 2010:
- 37 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 28 people in college/university student housing
- 3 people in group homes intended for adults
- 2 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Borger in 2000:
- 122 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 80 people in nursing homes
- 6 people in other group homes
- 6 people in other nonhousehold living situations
Banks with branches in Borger (2011 data):
- Amarillo National Bank: Borger Branch at 301 West Sixth, branch established on 1936/03/24. Info updated 2010/07/13: Bank assets: $3,157.1 mil, Deposits: $2,561.6 mil, headquarters in Amarillo, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 16 total offices, Holding Company: Amarillo National Bancorp, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Borger Branch at 503 Deahl Street, branch established on 1986/06/19. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Happy State Bank: Borger Branch at 1331 West Wilson, branch established on 2008/04/14. Info updated 2011/07/12: Bank assets: $1,840.0 mil, Deposits: $1,625.4 mil, headquarters in Happy, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 29 total offices, Holding Company: Happy Bancshares, Inc.
- InterBank: Borger Branch at 531 Deahl Street, branch established on 2010/12/31. Info updated 2011/08/30: Bank assets: $1,842.7 mil, Deposits: $1,589.2 mil, headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 33 total offices, Holding Company: Olney Bancshares Of Texas, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Borger city (based on Hutchinson County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hutchinson County:||1.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hutchinson County:||7.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Borger, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||8||$37,955||$56,933||1||$996|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$8,453||$33,812||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||28||$115,569||$49,530||0||$0|
|Police - Other||12||$33,248||$33,248||2||$1,204|
|Streets and Highways||11||$35,276||$38,483||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||13||$37,882||$34,968||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||10||$27,626||$33,151||2||$3,033|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||1||$3,058||$36,696||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$10,745||$42,980||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||156||$542,218||$41,709||7||$8,109|
Borger government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $2,307,000 ($177.76)
Police Protection: $1,491,000 ($114.89)
General - Other: $1,292,000 ($99.55)
Local Fire Protection: $1,140,000 ($87.84)
Solid Waste Management: $1,121,000 ($86.38)
Sewerage: $1,116,000 ($85.99)
Parks and Recreation: $491,000 ($37.83)
Central Staff Services: $440,000 ($33.90)
Regular Highways: $369,000 ($28.43)
Judicial and Legal Services: $271,000 ($20.88)
Health - Other: $159,000 ($12.25)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $81,000 ($6.24)
General Public Buildings: $65,000 ($5.01)
Financial Administration: $23,000 ($1.77)
- General - Interest on Debt: $50,000 ($3.85)
- Other Capital Outlay - Solid Waste Management: $225,000 ($17.34)
Police Protection: $174,000 ($13.41)
Water Utilities: $126,000 ($9.71)
Sewerage: $125,000 ($9.63)
Parks and Recreation: $80,000 ($6.16)
Regular Highways: $72,000 ($5.55)
Local Fire Protection: $52,000 ($4.01)
Financial Administration: $22,000 ($1.70)
General - Other: $20,000 ($1.54)
Health - Other: $1,000 ($0.08)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $3,116,000 ($240.10)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $233,000 ($17.95)
Borger government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $1,412,000 ($108.80)
Sewerage: $1,386,000 ($106.80)
All Other: $133,000 ($10.25)
Parks and Recreation: $55,000 ($4.24)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $20,000 ($1.54)
Housing and Community Development: $5,000 ($0.39)
- Miscellaneous - Fines and Forfeits: $412,000 ($31.75)
Special Assessments: $399,000 ($30.74)
Donations From Private Sources: $151,000 ($11.64)
General Revenue, NEC: $141,000 ($10.86)
Interest Earnings: $95,000 ($7.32)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $3,139,000 ($241.87)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $66,000 ($5.09)
- Tax - General Sales and Gross Receipts: $2,641,000 ($203.50)
Property: $1,727,000 ($133.07)
Public Utilities Sales: $603,000 ($46.46)
Other Selective Sales: $121,000 ($9.32)
Other License: $27,000 ($2.08)
Alcoholic Beverage License: $4,000 ($0.31)
Borger government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $6,572,000 ($506.40)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $6,302,000 ($485.59)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $770,000 ($59.33)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $500,000 ($38.53)
Borger government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $4,422,000 ($340.73)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $63,000 ($4.85)
5.63% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,678 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Randall County, TX||0.74% ($33,500 average AGI)|
|from Potter County, TX||0.67% ($28,216)|
|from Gray County, TX||0.26% ($27,400)|
6.84% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($41,712 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Borger:
- KQTY (1490 AM; 1 kW; BORGER, TX; Owner: ZIA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KGNC (710 AM; 10 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KTNZ (1010 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KIXZ (940 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KPUR (1440 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KGRO (1230 AM; 1 kW; PAMPA, TX; Owner: PAMPA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
Strongest FM radio stations in Borger:
- KAVO (91.5 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KASV (88.7 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: TOP O' TEXAS ED. BROADCASTING FNDN)
- KQTY-FM (106.7 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: ZIA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K218BO (91.5 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KQFX (104.3 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KZRK-FM (107.9 FM; CANYON, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KGNC-FM (97.9 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KMXJ-FM (94.1 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KACV-FM (89.9 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMARILLO JUNIOR COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KXGL (100.9 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: FEUER/MCCORD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KATP (101.9 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KTOT (89.5 FM; SPEARMAN, TX; Owner: KANZA SOCIETY, INC.)
- KAXH (90.9 FM; PAMPA, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KRDF-FM (98.3 FM; SPEARMAN, TX; Owner: SPEARHEAD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KQIZ-FM (93.1 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- K201AY (88.1 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: TOP O' TEXAS ED B/CASTING FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Borger:
- KACV-TV (Channel 2; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMARILLO JUNIOR COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KVII-TV (Channel 7; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: NVG-AMARILLO, LLC)
- KCIT (Channel 14; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING OF AMARILLO LICENSE, INC.)
- KAMR-TV (Channel 4; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: QUORUM OF AMARILLO LICENSE, LLC)
- KFDA-TV (Channel 10; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: PANHANDLE TELECASTING CO.)
- KCPN-LP (Channel 33; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING OF AMARILLO LICENSE, INC.)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 15Number of bridges
- 66m217ftTotal length
- 124,590Total average daily traffic
- 15,459Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 109 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Borger, TX)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 44 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 58 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Borger)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 15 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Borger)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Borger that have no violations reported:
- BORGER MUNICIPAL WATER SYSTEM (Population served: 14,203, Primary Water Source Type: Purch surface water)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 153
- Hazardous Condition: 122
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 3
Incident types - Borger
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Borger, Texas:
- Best Western Borger Inn, 206 South Cedar St, Borger, Texas 79008 , Phone: (806) 274-7050, Fax: (806) 274-7377
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites, 1351 W Wilson, Borger, Texas 79007 , Phone: (806) 274-3333, Fax: (806) 274-3334
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 1415 W Wilson St, Borger, Texas 79007 , Phone: (806) 273-2494, Fax: (806) 273-2559
- Americinn Lodge & Suites, 900 E Third, Borger, Texas 79007 , Phone: (806) 273-6000, Fax: (806) 273-6001
|Most common first names in Borger, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Borger, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (64%)
- Electricity (34%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Borger, TX|
|Best Western||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Holiday Inn||1||True Value||1|
|Long John Silver's||1||Walmart||1|
Borger compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
Borger on our top lists:
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest cost per building permit(population 5,000+)"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #93 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Romney (Republican) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest surface withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
Total of 11 patent applications in 2008-2017.