Bowie: Bowie Memorial Hospital
Bowie: Amon Carter Lake
Bowie: Bowie, Texas Post Office
Bowie: picture downtown bowie texas at intersection of mason and highway 81
Bowie: Bowie Water Towers (Hot & Cold?)
Bowie: picture of downtown bowie texas - antique shops
Bowie: Bowie, Texas Water Towers (Hot & Cold)
Bowie: picture downtown bowie texas on mason street
Bowie: Bowie Public Library
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||35.9 years|
|Texas median age:||34.4 years|
Zip codes: 76230.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,094 (it was $14,950 in 2000)
Bowie city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $101,818 (it was $54,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $159,825; Detached houses: $175,315; Townhouses or other attached units: $61,118; Mobile homes: $81,190; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $164,887
Median gross rent in 2015: $823.
Races in Bowie, TX (2010)
- 4,48185.9%White alone
- 541.0%Two or more races
- 340.7%American Indian alone
- 340.7%Asian alone
- 80.2%Black alone
- 30.06%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|How Do You Pronounce the Following -- Texas and Bowie? (76 replies)|
|Bowie HS vs Westlake vs St Stephens vs St. Michaels ? -- Opinons Wanted (7 replies)|
|New HS in South Austin (258 replies)|
|Bowie, Brentfield, Mohawk, Prairie Creek, Canyon Creek [RISD/Pearce elementary schools] (9 replies)|
|ES -> MS -> Bowie HS (2 replies)|
|Recommendations on where to live for $500-600k (44 replies)|
Latest news from Bowie, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (30.8%), English (8.4%), Irish (6.3%), Scotch-Irish (5.4%), German (4.4%), Dutch (2.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1124 feet
Land area: 3.79 square miles.
Population density: 1,361 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Bowie:
- High school or higher: 83.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 5.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bowie city:
- Never married: 21.2%
- Now married: 51.7%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 11.6%
- Divorced: 14.0%
148 residents are foreign born (2.2% Latin America, 0.4% Europe).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 29 registered sex offenders living in Bowie, Texas as of November 20, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Bowie to the number of sex offenders is 179 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,475 (1.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,738 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Wichita Falls, TX (45.1 miles , pop. 104,197).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northeast Tarrant, TX (60.8 miles , pop. 402,130).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (80.7 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Sunset, TX (2.9 miles ), Montague, TX (3.2 miles ), Bellevue, TX (3.3 miles ), Montague-Forestburg, TX (3.5 miles ), Alvord, TX (4.0 miles ), Bellevue-Joy, TX (4.1 miles ), Nocona, TX (4.1 miles ), Chico, TX (4.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2012: 9 buildings, average cost: $80,800
- 2013: 4 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2014: 11 buildings, average cost: $97,800
Latitude: 33.56 N, Longitude: 97.84 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +702 (+13.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,076 (47.1%)
Area code: 940
|Crime rates in Bowie by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||323.6||286.1||377.8||408.0||527.7||413.5||357.0||295.2||307.6||306.2||314.4||311.9||383.3||467.9||392.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Bowie detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.92|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +140 (+2.8%).
- Retail trade (22%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (21%)
- Construction (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (27%)
- Retail trade (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (23%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Management occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (23%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (12%)
- Health technologists and technicians (9%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Bowie, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bowie-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 115% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1964, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 42.3 miles away from the Bowie city center killed 7 people and injured 111 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/2/1958, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.0 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Bowie-area historical earthquake activity is near Texas state average. It is 75% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 172.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 110.9 miles away from Bowie center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 85.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 90.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 395.6 miles away from Bowie center
On 11/15/1990 at 11:44:41, a magnitude 3.9 (3.6 LG, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 84.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Montague County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 6, Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Hurricanes: 3, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: James Allred - Lawyer and politician, Lil Stoner - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Bowie:
- BOWIE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 705 EAST GREENWOOD AV)
- BOWIE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL HOME HEALTH (1001 ROCK STREET)
- ADVANCED REHABILITATION AND HEALTHCARE OF BOWIE (700 W HIGHWAY 287 S)
- BELLMIRE HOME (1101 ROCK ST)
- BOWIE NURSING CENTER (905 CENTRAL AVE)
airports located in Bowie:
- Bowie Municipal Airport (0F2) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 50, Itinerant Ops: 3,400, Local Ops: 10,200, Military Ops: 50)
- Sky Acres Airport (1XA1) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bowie:
- North Central Texas College (about 40 miles; Gainesville, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,550)
- Midwestern State University (about 45 miles; Wichita Falls, TX; FT enrollment: 4,901)
- University of North Texas (about 47 miles; Denton, TX; FT enrollment: 31,694)
- Texas Woman's University (about 48 miles; Denton, TX; FT enrollment: 11,837)
- Weatherford College (about 57 miles; Weatherford, TX; FT enrollment: 4,080)
- Tarrant County College District (about 64 miles; Fort Worth, TX; FT enrollment: 33,775)
- DeVry University-Texas (about 65 miles; Irving, TX; FT enrollment: 4,098)
Public high schools in Bowie:
Public elementary/middle schools in Bowie:
Notable locations in Bowie: Bowie Fire Department Emergency Medical Service (A), Bowie Rural Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Bowie include: Seventh Day Adventist Church (A), Truth Tabernacle United Pentecostal Church (B), Saint Jerome Catholic Church (C), Union Hill Missionary Baptist Church (D), Hispanic Baptist Mission Church (E), First Baptist Church (F), East Side Baptist Church (G), Central Baptist Church (H), Bowie Baptist Mission Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Elmwood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: Mose Johnson Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Bowie include: Pelham Park (1), Meyers Park (2), Jackrabbit Stadium (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Deuback Skating Rink (1302 North Lamb Street).
Hotel: Budget Inn (1408 E Wise St).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2006 was 110. This is significantly worse than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2006 was 39.3. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 23.0 miles away from the city center.
(10.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 54.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 53.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
196 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Bowie (2011 data):
- Legend Bank, N.A.: at 101 West Tarrant, branch established on 1890/03/01. Info updated 2007/11/26: Bank assets: $586.1 mil, Deposits: $512.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Legend Bancorp, Inc.
- Citibank, National Association: 101 Pecan Branch at 101 Pecan, branch established on 1927/01/01. Info updated 2012/01/10: Bank assets: $1,288,658.0 mil, Deposits: $882,541.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, International Specialization, 1048 total offices, Holding Company: Citigroup Inc.
- The Jacksboro National Bank: Bowie Branch at 200 West Walnut Street, branch established on 1998/02/27. Info updated 2010/07/12: Bank assets: $186.0 mil, Deposits: $162.5 mil, headquarters in Jacksboro, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Jacksboro National Bancshares, Inc.
- The Ozona National Bank: Ozona National Bank at 1301 Highway 59 North, branch established on 2007/08/06. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $213.2 mil, Deposits: $189.9 mil, headquarters in Ozona, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Onb Bancshares, Inc.
- Sanger Bank: -Bowie Branch at 1308 Hwy 59 N., branch established on 2004/04/19. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $105.1 mil, Deposits: $92.7 mil, headquarters in Sanger, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Sanger Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bowie city (based on Montague County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Montague County:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montague County:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montague County:||3.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Bowie, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$15,666||$62,664||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||2||$6,551||$39,306||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||14||$49,660||$42,566||1||$175|
|Police - Other||5||$15,841||$38,018||1||$1,776|
|Streets and Highways||7||$17,958||$30,785||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||8||$23,962||$35,943||1||$565|
|Other and Unallocable||5||$13,720||$32,928||2||$2,248|
|Totals for Government||90||$290,336||$38,711||31||$11,451|
Bowie government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $76,000 ($14.75)
Sewerage: $58,000 ($11.26)
Water Utilities: $11,000 ($2.13)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $4,680,000 ($908.21)
Water Utilities: $1,074,000 ($208.42)
Police Protection: $942,000 ($182.81)
Local Fire Protection: $830,000 ($161.07)
Sewerage: $764,000 ($148.26)
Solid Waste Management: $503,000 ($97.61)
Parks and Recreation: $434,000 ($84.22)
Central Staff Services: $419,000 ($81.31)
Housing and Community Development: $398,000 ($77.24)
Regular Highways: $387,000 ($75.10)
Financial Administration: $346,000 ($67.15)
Libraries: $164,000 ($31.83)
Air Transportation: $106,000 ($20.57)
Judicial and Legal Services: $84,000 ($16.30)
General - Other: $76,000 ($14.75)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $56,000 ($10.87)
Public Welfare, Vendor Payments for Other Purposes: $2,000 ($0.39)
- General - Interest on Debt: $82,000 ($15.91)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $65,000 ($12.61)
Local Fire Protection: $64,000 ($12.42)
Sewerage: $48,000 ($9.31)
Parks and Recreation: $46,000 ($8.93)
Regular Highways: $35,000 ($6.79)
Water Utilities: $15,000 ($2.91)
Judicial and Legal Services: $6,000 ($1.16)
Electric Utilities: $4,000 ($0.78)
Central Staff Services: $2,000 ($0.39)
General - Other: $1,000 ($0.19)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $3,459,000 ($671.26)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $292,000 ($56.67)
Bowie government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $726,000 ($140.89)
Solid Waste Management: $542,000 ($105.18)
Air Transportation: $66,000 ($12.81)
Parks and Recreation: $56,000 ($10.87)
Parking Facilities: $17,000 ($3.30)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $17,000 ($3.30)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Health and Hospitals: $137,000 ($26.59)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $304,000 ($58.99)
Health and Hospitals: $18,000 ($3.49)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $138,000 ($26.78)
Royalties: $134,000 ($26.00)
Fines and Forfeits: $104,000 ($20.18)
General Revenue, NEC: $8,000 ($1.55)
Donations From Private Sources: $6,000 ($1.16)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $6,411,000 ($1244.13)
Water Utilities: $1,889,000 ($366.58)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $398,000 ($77.24)
Public Welfare: $12,000 ($2.33)
- Tax - Public Utilities Sales: $693,000 ($134.48)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $677,000 ($131.38)
Property: $638,000 ($123.81)
Other Selective Sales: $34,000 ($6.60)
Occupation and Business License, NEC: $24,000 ($4.66)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $2,000 ($0.39)
Bowie government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $9,890,000 ($1919.27)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $8,875,000 ($1722.30)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,015,000 ($196.97)
Bowie government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $2,732,000 ($530.18)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $1,331,000 ($258.30)
6.65% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,195 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wise County, TX||0.73% ($36,313 average AGI)|
|from Cooke County, TX||0.57% ($33,553)|
|from Denton County, TX||0.54% ($36,056)|
6.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,692 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bowie:
- KNTX (1410 AM; 1 kW; BOWIE, TX; Owner: HENDERSON BROADCASTING COMPANY, L.P.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- KCAF (990 AM; 10 kW; FARMERSVILLE, TX; Owner: RENAISSANCE RADIO, INC.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KTNO (1440 AM; 12 kW; DENTON, TX; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KHVN (970 AM; 10 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bowie:
- KWRD-FM (100.7 FM; HIGHLAND VILLAGE, TX; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA OF TEXAS, L.L.C.)
- KRNB (105.7 FM; DECATUR, TX; Owner: SERVICE BROADCASTING I, LTD.)
- KDKR (91.3 FM; DECATUR, TX; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- KMEO (96.7 FM; FLOWER MOUND, TX; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KKDL (106.7 FM; MUENSTER, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KZMP-FM (101.7 FM; AZLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KHCK-FM (99.1 FM; DENTON, TX; Owner: KHCK-FM LICENSE CORP.)
- KNOR (93.7 FM; HEALDTON, OK; Owner: AM & PM BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KESN (103.3 FM; ALLEN, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KSOC (94.5 FM; GAINESVILLE, TX; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KTCY (104.9 FM; PILOT POINT, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTPW (89.7 FM; SANGER, TX; Owner: RESEARCH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 44m144ftTotal length
- 44,510Total average daily traffic
- 8,526Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 131 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Bowie, TX)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 69 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Bowie)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 25 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Bowie)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bowie and their reported violations in the past:AMON G CARTER LAKE WSC (Population served: 744, Purch surface water):
Past monitoring violations:STAR TRAVEL CENTER (Population served: 175, Groundwater):
- Lead Consumer Notice - In DEC-30-2013, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 12 routine major monitoring violations
- 2 minor monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 180
- Hazardous Condition: 32
- Service Call: 7
- Good Intent Call: 11
Incident types - Bowie
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Bowie, Texas:
- Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites, 900 W Us Hwy 287 S, Bowie, Texas 76230 , Phone: (940) 872-9595, Fax: (940) 872-9596
- Americas Best Value Inn, 2436 Us Hwy 287 S, Bowie, Texas 76230 , Phone: (940) 872-5426
|Most common first names in Bowie, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Bowie, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (63%)
- Electricity (32%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Bowie, TX|
|Best Western||1||Pizza Hut||1|
Bowie compared to Texas state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Bowie on our top lists:
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the smallest percentage of likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households) (population 5,000+)"
- #60 on the list of "Top 100 high-educated but low-earning cities (pop. 5,000+)"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Construction and extraction occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #75 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (population 5,000+)"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Romney (Republican) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
Total of 8 patent applications in 2008-2017.