Bowling Green, Florida
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||27.1 years|
|Florida median age:||41.5 years|
Zip codes: 33834.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $10,082 (it was $9,978 in 2000)
Bowling Green city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $80,478 (it was $45,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $613.
Races in Bowling Green, FL (2010)
- 86229.4%White alone
- 2899.9%Black alone
- 411.4%Two or more races
- 150.5%Asian alone
- 120.4%American Indian alone
- 10.03%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Reasons why I didn't like Miami and went back to NYC (407 replies)|
|Tampa FL or Bowling Green KY.... which is a better place to live? (16 replies)|
|Looking at moving to Ocala...does it rain everyday, all day, in summer? (15 replies)|
|Sanford "murder" (668 replies)|
|i want to move out of Florida (20 replies)|
|Best route to Orlando (Disney) from Naples? (90 replies)|
Latest news from Bowling Green, FL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (8.3%), English (3.1%), German (2.7%), Irish (1.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 117 feet
Land area: 1.42 square miles.
Population density: 2,058 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Bowling Green:
- High school or higher: 49.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.7%
- Unemployed: 7.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bowling Green city:
- Never married: 35.1%
- Now married: 51.2%
- Separated: 3.4%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 5.8%
791 residents are foreign born (26.3% Latin America).
According to our research of Florida and other state lists there were 8 registered sex offenders living in Bowling Green, Florida as of October 13, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Bowling Green to the number of sex offenders is 364 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $837 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $857 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lakeland, FL (29.1 miles , pop. 78,452).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Tampa, FL (45.4 miles , pop. 303,447).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (835.0 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Wauchula, FL (2.5 miles ), Fort Green, FL (2.7 miles) , Fort Green Springs, FL (2.8 miles ), Fort Meade, FL (2.8 miles ), Zolfo Springs, FL (3.2 miles ), Lemon Grove, FL (3.3 miles ), Ona, FL (3.5 miles ), Brewster, FL (3.5 miles) .
Latitude: 27.64 N, Longitude: 81.83 W
Area code: 863
|Crime rates in Bowling Green by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||281.4||431.6||337.8||297.9||306.9||240.6||280.2||175.8||267.1||269.1||333.3||197.6||158.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Bowling Green detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (58%)
- Construction (10%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Educational services (3%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (2%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (23%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (12%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (47%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Material moving occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Management occupations (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (3%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (28%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (24%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (13%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Personal care and service occupations (4%)
- Sales and related occupations (4%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (4%)
Average climate in Bowling Green, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bowling Green-area historical tornado activity is above Florida state average. It is 51% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/18/1951, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 7.9 miles away from the Bowling Green city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/6/1969, a category F2 tornado 14.7 miles away from the city center .
Earthquake activity:Bowling Green-area historical earthquake activity is near Florida state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 311.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 407.2 miles away from Bowling Green center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 377.5 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 348.5 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 433.0 miles away from Bowling Green center
On 3/31/1992 at 14:59:39, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 MB, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 265.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hardee County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 7, Fires: 4, Tropical Storms: 4, Flood: 1, Storm: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bowling Green:
- Southeastern University (about 28 miles; Lakeland, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,407)
- Polk State College (about 29 miles; Winter Haven, FL; FT enrollment: 7,935)
- Florida Southern College (about 29 miles; Lakeland, FL; FT enrollment: 2,460)
- Everest University-Brandon (about 40 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 7,702)
- Hillsborough Community College (about 44 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 19,838)
- The University of Tampa (about 45 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 7,216)
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (about 47 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 35,920)
Private high school in Bowling Green:
Notable locations in Bowling Green: Hardee County Fire Rescue Department Station 3 (A), Bowling Green Police Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Bowling Green: Church of the Living God (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Best Western Heritage Inn & Suites (2727 USHighway 17 North), Best Western Heritage Inn (2727 Highway 17 North), Best Western (2727 USHighway 17 North).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2011 was 37.8. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2006 was 30.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2011 was 17.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.2 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bowling Green and their reported violations in the past:BOWLING GREEN, CITY OF (Population served: 3,000, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:STATON'S VIDEO AND GAMES (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2013 and SEP-2013, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (NOV-27-2013)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2013 and SEP-2013, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (NOV-27-2013)
- Failure Submit IDSE/Subpart V Plan Rpt - In JUL-02-2010, Contaminant: DBP STAGE 2. Follow-up actions: Fed FAO issued (OCT-01-2010), Fed Intentional no-action (JUL-01-2012)
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:MIDULLA GENERATING STATION (Population served: 25, Purch groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
- 2 minor monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bowling Green that have no violations reported:
- INDIAN LAKE TRAVEL RESORT (Serves MI, Population served: 75, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- HARDEE POWER PARTNERS (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- KING FRIES / FT. GREEN SNACK SHACK (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(23.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 26.0% for Black residents, 36.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 56.7% for other race residents, 33.5% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||3.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
People in group quarters in Bowling Green in 2010:
- 28 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 11 people in group homes intended for adults
- 10 people in residential treatment centers for adults
People in group quarters in Bowling Green in 2000:
- 29 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
- 28 people in agriculture workers' dormitories on farms
- 21 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 6 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 6 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Bowling Green compared to Florida state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Bowling Green (2011 data):
- Wauchula State Bank: Bowling Green Branch at 200 North Oak Avenue, branch established on 1977/09/22. Info updated 2010/06/02: Bank assets: $576.7 mil, Deposits: $507.4 mil, headquarters in Wauchula, FL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Crews Banking Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (94%)
- No fuel used (2%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bowling Green city (based on Hardee County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hardee County:||2.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florida:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hardee County:||3.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florida:||1.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hardee County:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$800||$1,920||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||7||$22,466||$38,513||0||$0|
|Police - Other||0||$0||3||$600|
|Solid Waste Management||5||$8,888||$21,331||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$3,676||$22,056||1||$300|
|Totals for Government||27||$57,849||$25,711||4||$900|
6.91% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,306 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Polk County, FL||1.27% ($26,714 average AGI)|
|from Highlands County, FL||0.78% ($27,817)|
|from Hillsborough County, FL||0.58% ($19,356)|
7.50% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,060 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bowling Green:
- WAUC (1310 AM; 5 kW; WAUCHULA, FL; Owner: MARVINA ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WQYK (1010 AM; 50 kW; SEFFNER, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TAMPA)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMGG (820 AM; 50 kW; LARGO, FL; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ST. PETERSBURG LICENSEE)
- WDYZ (990 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WHOO (1080 AM; daytime; 35 kW; KISSIMMEE, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS I, INC.)
- WFLA (970 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLCC (760 AM; 10 kW; BRANDON, FL; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TAMPA LICENSEE)
- WJCM (1050 AM; 5 kW; SEBRING, FL; Owner: COHAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WHNZ (1250 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WONQ (1030 AM; 45 kW; OVIEDO, FL; Owner: FLORIDA BROADCASTERS)
- WWBF (1130 AM; 3 kW; BARTOW, FL; Owner: THOMAS N. THORNBURG, THORNBURG COMM.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bowling Green:
- WWRZ (98.3 FM; FORT MEADE, FL; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WSJT (94.1 FM; LAKELAND, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WWRM (94.9 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WHPT (102.5 FM; SARASOTA, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WPOI (101.5 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WFLZ-FM (93.3 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMTX (100.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQYK-FM (99.5 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF FLORIDA)
- WTBT (103.5 FM; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WPCV (97.5 FM; WINTER HAVEN, FL; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBVM (90.5 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: BISHOP OF THE DIOCESE/ST. PETERSBURG)
- WUSF (89.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF S. FLORIDA)
- WRBQ-FM (104.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WWOJ (99.1 FM; AVON PARK, FL; Owner: COHAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WZZS (106.9 FM; ZOLFO SPRINGS, FL; Owner: HEARTLAND BROADCASTING CORP)
- WMNF (88.5 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: NATHAN B. STUBBLEFIELD FOUNDATION)
- WYFO (91.9 FM; LAKELAND, FL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W291AG (106.1 FM; HIGHLAND CITY, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- W207AY (89.3 FM; SEBRING, FL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Bowling Green:
- WMOR-TV (Channel 32; LAKELAND, FL; Owner: WMOR-TV COMPANY)
- WEDU (Channel 3; TAMPA, FL; Owner: FLORIDA WEST COAST PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WXPX (Channel 66; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATION LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WTOG (Channel 44; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.)
- WTVT (Channel 13; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TVT LICENSE, INC.)
- WFLA-TV (Channel 8; TAMPA, FL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFTS-TV (Channel 28; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TAMPA BAY TELEVISION, INC.)
- WUSF-TV (Channel 16; TAMPA, FL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA)
- WTTA (Channel 38; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: BAY TELEVISION, INC.)
- WFTT (Channel 50; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TELEFUTURA TAMPA LLC)
- WCLF (Channel 22; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CHRISTIAN TELEVISION CORPORATION, INC.)
- WTAM-LP (Channel 6; TAMPA, FL; Owner: U.S. INTERACTIVE, L.L.C.)
- WVEA-TV (Channel 62; VENICE, FL; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WOPX (Channel 56; MELBOURNE, FL; Owner: PAXSON ORLANDO LICENSE, INC.)
- WWSB (Channel 40; SARASOTA, FL; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCAST CORPORATION OF SARASOTA)
- W56EB (Channel 56; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WLWA-LP (Channel 14; LAKELAND, FL; Owner: TRI-MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Bowling Green)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- 104 E. Main St. (Lat: 27.643083 Lon: -81.824250), Type: Tower, Structure height: 35 m, Overall height: 38 m, Call Sign: WPVP266, Licensee ID: L00435865
Assigned Frequencies: 155.250 MHz
Grant Date: 07/24/2002, Expiration Date: 01/24/2003, Cancellation Date: 04/27/2003, Certifier: David L Elbertson
Registrant: City Of Bowling Green, 104 E. Main St., Bowling Green, FL 33834-0608, Phone: (863) 375-2255, Fax: (863) 375-3362, Email:
- Lat: 27.624778 Lon: -81.830278, Call Sign: WQCI645
Assigned Frequencies: 463.212 MHz
Grant Date: 03/14/2005, Expiration Date: 03/14/2015, Certifier: Michael Hamilton
Registrant: Hodge Technical Services, Inc., 27 West Broadway Street, Fort Meade, FL 33841, Phone: (863) 285-6111, Fax: (863) 285-2329, Email:
- GS305R BOWLING GREEN, 4360 Alderman Rd (Lat: 27.610306 Lon: -81.937556), Type: Building, Structure height: 4 m, Call Sign: WQMK519, Licensee ID: L00474514
Assigned Frequencies: 158.160 MHz
Grant Date: 09/02/2010, Expiration Date: 09/02/2020, Certifier: Daniel Griffiths
Registrant: Gulfstream Natural Gas System LLC, Houston, TX 77251, Phone: (713) 215-2744, Fax: (713) 215-2266, Email:
- Lat: 27.682500 Lon: -81.939722, Call Sign: WQNS844
Assigned Frequencies: 451.562 MHz, 456.562 MHz, 451.637 MHz, 456.637 MHz
Grant Date: 05/12/2011, Expiration Date: 05/12/2021, Certifier: Rusty Mercer
Registrant: Cara Enterprises Inc, Las Vegas, NV 89140-0124, Phone: (702) 838-9728, Fax: (702) 363-4607, Email:
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1
- 14707 Taylor Rd (Lat: 27.673361 Lon: -82.109528), Type: Tower, Structure height: 137 m, Call Sign: KPM711, Licensee ID: L00009435
Assigned Frequencies: 450.020 MHz
Grant Date: 03/06/1996, Expiration Date: 02/01/2020, Certifier: William L Watson
Registrant: Cbs Radio Stations Inc., Ste 920 1800 K St Nw, Washington, DC 20006, Phone: (202) 457-4505
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Bowling Green)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 13219 , Serial Number: 17262584, Year manufactured: 1973, Airworthiness Date: 12/16/1955
Registrant (Individual): Alton E Albritton, 4259 Alderman Rd, Bowling Green, FL 33834
- Aircraft: GURAL WILLIAM HUMMER-B (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 42430 , Serial Number: 0041 B
Registrant (Individual): William A Gural, Rr 2 Box 93b, Bowling Green, FL 33834
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 08/11/1981
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-140 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 4555R , Serial Number: 28-21294, Year manufactured: 1965, Airworthiness Date: 12/07/1965
Registrant (Individual): Robert J Luckhurst, 2829 Us Highway 17 N, Bowling Green, FL 33834
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182Q (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 112 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 735KX , Serial Number: 18265495, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 03/11/1977
Registrant (Individual): Joseph Smith, 3205 County Road 554, Bowling Green, FL 33834
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3
|Most common first names in Bowling Green, FL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Bowling Green, FL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Bowling Green, FL
- Best Western: 1
- U-Haul: 1
Bowling Green on our top lists:
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Waiters and waitresses"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest ratio of rapes to murders between 2001 and 2006"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in agriculture workers' dormitories on farms"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most Other race residents"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Waiters and waitresses"
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"