|Median resident age:||35.8 years|
|Missouri median age:||33.9 years|
Zip code: 63827
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $31,994 (it was $23,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 130 (87.2%)
- Black alone - 6 (4.0%)
- Asian alone - 5 (3.4%)
- Two or more races - 4 (2.7%)
- American Indian alone - 3 (2.0%)
- Hispanic - 1 (0.7%)
Latest news from Bragg City, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (20.8%), English (15.6%), United States (7.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1919
Elevation: 263 feet
Land area: 0.20 square miles.
Population density: 713 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Bragg City:
- High school or higher: 68.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 3.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.4%
- Unemployed: 8.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bragg City town:
- Never married: 20.7%
- Now married: 38.0%
- Separated: 15.4%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 18.1%
7 residents are foreign born (4.1% Asia, 3.0% Latin America).
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Bragg City, Missouri as of May 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Bragg City to the number of sex offenders is 148 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $516 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $438 (1.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jonesboro, AR (53.3 miles , pop. 55,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (79.7 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (403.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Pascola, MO (2.2 miles) , Homestown, MO (2.6 miles) , Wardell, MO (2.8 miles ), Kennett, MO (2.8 miles ), North Wardell, MO (2.9 miles) , Hayti Heights, MO (2.9 miles ), Hayti, MO (3.1 miles ), Nimmons, AR (3.3 miles) .
Latitude: 36.27 N, Longitude: 89.91 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 573
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (47%)
- Construction (23%)
- Wholesale trade (8%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (3%)
- Retail trade (90%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (3%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Manufacturing (0%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (20%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (15%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (13%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (10%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (15%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (9%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (9%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (9%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
Average climate in Bragg City, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bragg City-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Missouri state average. It is 103% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/21/1952, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 16.0 miles away from the Bragg City town center killed 17 people and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/1/1997, a category F4 tornado 24.5 miles away from the town center caused $30,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Bragg City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Missouri state average. It is 72% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 21.0 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 49.5 miles away from Bragg City center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 65.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 19.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 187.6 miles away from Bragg City center
On 9/29/1987 at 00:04:56, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 59.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pemiscot County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 6, Winter Storms: 4, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Bragg City:
- LEGACY HOSPICE, INC (Hospital, about 8 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- RENAL CARE GROUP - KENNETT (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- NHC HEALTHCARE, KENNETT (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- HERITAGE NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- HERITAGE NURSING CENTER-SKILLED NURS BY AMERICARE (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- PEMISCOT COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; HAYTI, MO)
- RIVER OAKS CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; STEELE, MO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bragg City:
- Dyersburg State Community College (about 33 miles; Dyersburg, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,211)
- Three Rivers Community College (about 46 miles; Poplar Bluff, MO; FT enrollment: 3,360)
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus (about 53 miles; Jonesboro, AR; FT enrollment: 12,323)
- The University of Tennessee-Martin (about 59 miles; Martin, TN; FT enrollment: 7,013)
- Union University (about 72 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 4,051)
- Southeast Missouri State University (about 76 miles; Cape Girardeau, MO; FT enrollment: 9,678)
- Jackson State Community College (about 77 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 2,958)
Notable location: Bragg City Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 71.0. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 14.8. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 23.5 miles away from the city center.
(10.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This town:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Bragg City compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (53%)
- Electricity (40%)
- Wood (6%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bragg City town (based on Pemiscot County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 61.69%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Presbyterian Church (USA)||The Wesleyan Church|
|Name||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||International Pentecostal Holiness Church||Assemblies of God||Catholic Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pemiscot County:||4.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pemiscot County:||1.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pemiscot County:||4.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||1||$306|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||1||$306|
5.84% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,530 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dunklin County, MO||0.84% ($24,958 average AGI)|
|from Mississippi County, AR||0.72% ($39,195)|
|from New Madrid County, MO||0.42% ($31,417)|
6.50% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($24,035 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bragg City:
- KOTC (830 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KBOA (1540 AM; 1 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KLCN (910 AM; 5 kW; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- KCRV (1370 AM; 1 kW; CARUTHERSVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KWOC (930 AM; 5 kW; POPLAR BLUFF, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- KMIS (1050 AM; daytime; 1 kW; PORTAGEVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KRHW (1520 AM; 5 kW; SIKESTON, MO)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bragg City:
- WJZN (98.9 FM; MUNFORD, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS III LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KXOQ (104.3 FM; KENNETT, MO; Owner: P.M. BROADCASTING, INC)
- KTMO (106.5 FM; NEW MADRID, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KCRV-FM (105.1 FM; CARUTHERSVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KBOA-FM (105.5 FM; PIGGOTT, AR; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KFEB (107.5 FM; CAMPBELL, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KLSC (92.9 FM; MALDEN, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC.)
- WKNQ (90.7 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: MID-SOUTH PUBLIC COMMS. FOUNDATION)
- WASL (100.1 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: DR PEPPER PEPSI-COLA BOTTLING CO.)
- KAMJ (93.9 FM; GOSNELL, AR; Owner: PHOENIX BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- KAUF (89.9 FM; KENNETT, MO; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KHLS (96.3 FM; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- W205BN (88.9 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- K201DK (88.1 FM; PIGGOTT, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Bragg City:
- K62DA (Channel 62; MALDEN, MO; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WDYR-CA (Channel 33; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KC0CRH, Licensee ID: L01358280
Grant Date: 01/12/2008, Expiration Date: 02/02/2018
Registrant: Marcus H Blankenship, 7935 State Hwy. A, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: WA0OCI
Grant Date: 01/17/1996, Expiration Date: 01/17/2006, Cancellation Date: 01/18/2008
Registrant: Clyde T Taylor, Rfd 1, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: WA0OQS, Licensee ID: L00266989
Grant Date: 07/20/2010, Expiration Date: 09/04/2020
Registrant: Stoney A Taylor, 2025 W State Hwy 84, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: KC0LMB, Licensee ID: L00406658
Grant Date: 10/03/2001, Expiration Date: 10/03/2011, Cancellation Date: 12/20/2001, Certifier: Jack L Davis Jr
Registrant: Jack L Davis Jr, 2746 W St Hwy 84, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: AB0TE, Previous Call Sign: KC0LMB, Licensee ID: L00406658
Grant Date: 07/12/2011, Expiration Date: 10/03/2021, Certifier: Jack L Davis Jr
Registrant: Jack L Davis Jr, 2746 W St Hwy 84, Bragg City, MO 63827
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2