Bragg City, Missouri
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||38.1 years|
|Missouri median age:||38.4 years|
Zip code: 63827
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,438 (it was $12,214 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $39,406 (it was $23,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $37,372; Detached houses: $41,537; Mobile homes: $13,868
Races in Bragg City, MO (2010)
- 13087.2%White alone
- 64.0%Black alone
- 53.4%Asian alone
- 42.7%Two or more races
- 32.0%American Indian alone
Latest news from Bragg City, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (29.0%), Dutch (9.7%), Irish (6.5%), English (3.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1919
Elevation: 263 feet
Land area: 0.20 square miles.
Population density: 708 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Bragg City:
- High school or higher: 59.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 8.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bragg City town:
- Never married: 34.6%
- Now married: 37.1%
- Separated: 6.4%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 12.4%
16 residents are foreign born (5.8% Asia, 2.6% Latin America).
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Bragg City, Missouri as of September 19, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Bragg City to the number of sex offenders is 49 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $453 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $321 (1.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jonesboro, AR (53.3 miles , pop. 55,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (79.7 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (403.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Pascola, MO (2.2 miles) , Homestown, MO (2.6 miles) , Wardell, MO (2.8 miles ), Kennett, MO (2.8 miles ), North Wardell, MO (2.9 miles) , Hayti Heights, MO (2.9 miles ), Hayti, MO (3.1 miles ), Nimmons, AR (3.3 miles) .
Latitude: 36.27 N, Longitude: 89.91 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 573
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (44%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (19%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Wholesale trade (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (3%)
- Educational services (3%)
- Transportation and warehousing (40%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Health care and social assistance (20%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (20%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Production occupations (47%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (14%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (11%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (3%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (3%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (60%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (20%)
- Sales and related occupations (20%)
- Management occupations (0%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (0%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (0%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (0%)
Average climate in Bragg City, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bragg City-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Missouri state average. It is 103% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/21/1952, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 16.0 miles away from the Bragg City town center killed 17 people and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/1/1997, a category F4 tornado 24.5 miles away from the town center caused $30,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Bragg City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Missouri state average. It is 72% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 21.0 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 49.5 miles away from Bragg City center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 65.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 19.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 187.6 miles away from Bragg City center
On 9/29/1987 at 00:04:56, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 59.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pemiscot County (17) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Tornadoes: 10, Winter Storms: 4, Winds: 3, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Bragg City:
- LEGACY HOSPICE, INC (Hospital, about 8 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- RENAL CARE GROUP - KENNETT (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- NHC HEALTHCARE, KENNETT (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- HERITAGE NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- HERITAGE NURSING CENTER-SKILLED NURS BY AMERICARE (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; KENNETT, MO)
- PEMISCOT COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; HAYTI, MO)
- RIVER OAKS CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; STEELE, MO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bragg City:
- Dyersburg State Community College (about 33 miles; Dyersburg, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,211)
- Three Rivers Community College (about 46 miles; Poplar Bluff, MO; FT enrollment: 3,360)
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus (about 53 miles; Jonesboro, AR; FT enrollment: 12,323)
- The University of Tennessee-Martin (about 59 miles; Martin, TN; FT enrollment: 7,013)
- Union University (about 72 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 4,051)
- Southeast Missouri State University (about 76 miles; Cape Girardeau, MO; FT enrollment: 9,678)
- Jackson State Community College (about 77 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 2,958)
Notable location: Bragg City Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 71.0. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 14.8. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 23.5 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bragg City town (based on Pemiscot County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pemiscot County:||4.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pemiscot County:||1.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pemiscot County:||4.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Bragg City, MO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||1||$306|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||1||$306|
5.84% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,530 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dunklin County, MO||0.84% ($24,958 average AGI)|
|from Mississippi County, AR||0.72% ($39,195)|
|from New Madrid County, MO||0.42% ($31,417)|
6.50% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($24,035 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bragg City:
- KOTC (830 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KBOA (1540 AM; 1 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KLCN (910 AM; 5 kW; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- KCRV (1370 AM; 1 kW; CARUTHERSVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KWOC (930 AM; 5 kW; POPLAR BLUFF, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- KMIS (1050 AM; daytime; 1 kW; PORTAGEVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KRHW (1520 AM; 5 kW; SIKESTON, MO)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bragg City:
- WJZN (98.9 FM; MUNFORD, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS III LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KXOQ (104.3 FM; KENNETT, MO; Owner: P.M. BROADCASTING, INC)
- KTMO (106.5 FM; NEW MADRID, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KCRV-FM (105.1 FM; CARUTHERSVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KBOA-FM (105.5 FM; PIGGOTT, AR; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KFEB (107.5 FM; CAMPBELL, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KLSC (92.9 FM; MALDEN, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC.)
- WKNQ (90.7 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: MID-SOUTH PUBLIC COMMS. FOUNDATION)
- WASL (100.1 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: DR PEPPER PEPSI-COLA BOTTLING CO.)
- KAMJ (93.9 FM; GOSNELL, AR; Owner: PHOENIX BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- KAUF (89.9 FM; KENNETT, MO; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KHLS (96.3 FM; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- W205BN (88.9 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- K201DK (88.1 FM; PIGGOTT, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Bragg City:
- K62DA (Channel 62; MALDEN, MO; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WDYR-CA (Channel 33; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KC0CRH, Licensee ID: L01358280, Grant Date: 01/12/2008, Expiration Date: 02/02/2018, Registrant: Marcus H Blankenship, 7935 State Hwy. A, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: WA0OCI, Grant Date: 01/17/1996, Expiration Date: 01/17/2006, Cancellation Date: 01/18/2008, Registrant: Clyde T Taylor, Rfd 1, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: WA0OQS, Licensee ID: L00266989, Grant Date: 07/20/2010, Expiration Date: 09/04/2020, Registrant: Stoney A Taylor, 2025 W State Hwy 84, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: KC0LMB, Licensee ID: L00406658, Grant Date: 10/03/2001, Expiration Date: 10/03/2011, Cancellation Date: 12/20/2001, Certifier: Jack L Davis Jr, Registrant: Jack L Davis Jr, 2746 W St Hwy 84, Bragg City, MO 63827
- Call Sign: AB0TE, Previous Call Sign: KC0LMB, Licensee ID: L00406658, Grant Date: 07/12/2011, Expiration Date: 10/03/2021, Certifier: Jack L Davis Jr, Registrant: Jack L Davis Jr, 2746 W St Hwy 84, Bragg City, MO 63827
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (70%)
- Electricity (19%)
- Wood (9%)
Bragg City compared to Missouri state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.