We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||47.1 years|
|Alabama median age:||39.0 years|
Zip codes: 36426.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $22,790 (it was $18,185 in 2000)
Brewton city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $103,236 (it was $72,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $580.
Races in Brewton, AL (2010)
- 2,88153.3%White alone
- 2,30042.5%Black alone
- 440.8%Two or more races
- 380.7%American Indian alone
- 190.4%Asian alone
- 50.09%Other race alone
- 40.07%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Retiring this summer to Al. (15 replies)|
|Places to live in Alabama? (18 replies)|
|Mobile compared to BHam (34 replies)|
|Need South Alabama Information (11 replies)|
|New WalMarts popping up all over now (17 replies)|
|Possible relocating to Opp, Alabama (10 replies)|
Latest news from Brewton, AL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (10.7%), English (5.6%), Irish (3.1%), Italian (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 82 feet
Land area: 11.3 square miles.
Population density: 476 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Brewton:
- High school or higher: 85.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.3%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Brewton city:
- Never married: 30.3%
- Now married: 44.8%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 13.4%
- Divorced: 9.0%
14 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 54 registered sex offenders living in Brewton, Alabama as of July 18, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Brewton to the number of sex offenders is 101 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $593 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $383 (0.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Gulf Breeze-Harold, FL (44.7 miles , pop. 54,412).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Montgomery, AL (97.8 miles , pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (504.3 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: East Brewton, AL (1.4 miles ), Riverview, AL (2.0 miles) , East Escambia, AL (2.9 miles ), Pollard, AL (2.9 miles) , Dixonville, FL (3.0 miles) , Mount Carmel, FL (3.1 miles ), Jay, FL (3.5 miles ), Castleberry, AL (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 13 buildings, average cost: $125,700
- 1998: 15 buildings, average cost: $111,200
- 1999: 19 buildings, average cost: $81,900
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $152,100
- 2001: 8 buildings, average cost: $433,800
- 2002: 9 buildings, average cost: $77,400
- 2003: 10 buildings, average cost: $90,500
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $103,600
- 2005: 8 buildings, average cost: $135,800
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $73,300
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $137,700
- 2008: 7 buildings, average cost: $296,600
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $370,000
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $131,200
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $125,000
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $225,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 31.12 N, Longitude: 87.07 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,445 (+44.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,322 (68.9%)
Area code: 251
|Crime rates in Brewton by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 276.5)||534.0||740.6||760.2||858.6||654.0||562.1||626.8||534.6||486.4||377.8||428.8||469.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Brewton detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -329 (-5.6%).
- Manufacturing (25%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (22%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Finance and insurance (12%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Management occupations (16%)
- Production occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (10%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Brewton, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Brewton-area historical tornado activity is below Alabama state average. It is 34% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/3/1968, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.2 miles away from the Brewton city center injured 18 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 12/10/1961, a category F3 tornado 1.3 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Brewton-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 11.9 miles away from the city center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 337.7 miles away from Brewton center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 158.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 117.4 miles away from the city center
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 295.8 miles away from Brewton center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 248.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Escambia County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Hurricanes: 8, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 6, Winds: 3, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Davern Williams - 2005 NFL player (New York Giants, born: Feb 13, 1980), Fred Snowden - Collegiate basketball coach and businessman, Kevin Sumlin - College football player, William W. Seay - Army Medal of Honor recipient, Alan Baker (politician) - Politician, Anthony Redmon - Football player, Johnnie Byrd - Politician, Kristi DuBose - Federal judge.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Brewton: William W. Seay.
Hospitals and medical centers in Brewton:
- COMFORT CARE HOSPICE OF BREWTON (722 DOUGLAS AVENUE)
- COMMUNITY HOSPICE OF ESCAMBIA COUNTY (1023 DOUGLAS AVENUE SUITE 106)
- D W MCMILLAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 1301 BELLEVILLE AVENUE)
- WEST GATE VILLAGE (100 PINEVIEW AND THIRD P.O. BOX 49)
- DIALYSIS AFFILIATES OF SOUTH ALABAMA (1205 BELLEVILLE AVE.)
- AMEDISYS HOME HEALTH OF BREWTON (109 ST JOSEPH AVENUE SUITE 2000)
- D W MCMILLAN HOME HEALTH (114 W JACKSON STREET)
Airports and heliports located in Brewton:
- Brewton Municipal Airport (12J) (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 1,500, Itinerant Ops: 7,000, Local Ops: 7,000, Military Ops: 150,000)
- D W Mcmillian Memorial Hospital Heliport (0AL6)
College/University in Brewton:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Brewton:
- The University of West Florida (about 41 miles; Pensacola, FL; Full-time enrollment: 10,240)
- Pensacola State College (about 45 miles; Pensacola, FL; FT enrollment: 8,740)
- James H Faulkner State Community College (about 46 miles; Bay Minette, AL; FT enrollment: 3,703)
- Northwest Florida State College (about 54 miles; Niceville, FL; FT enrollment: 5,052)
- Columbia Southern University (about 65 miles; Orange Beach, AL; FT enrollment: 14,996)
- Bishop State Community College (about 66 miles; Mobile, AL; FT enrollment: 2,822)
- University of South Alabama (about 73 miles; Mobile, AL; FT enrollment: 13,228)
Public high schools in Brewton:
- TR MILLER HIGH SCH (Students: 406, Location: 1835 DOUGLAS AVE, Grades: 9-12)
- ESCAMBIA-BREWTON AREA VOC SCH (Location: 2824 PEA RIDGE RD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Brewton:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- You need to add St. Maurice Catholic Church to your list of churches in the neighborhood.
- The web site address of Jeffererson Davis Community College shown on this site is incorrect. The correct web address is www.jdcc.edu
Notable locations in Brewton: Brewton Country Club (A), Dogwood Hills Golf Resort (B), Brewton Industrial Park (C), Escambia County Courthouse (D), Brewton Fire and Rescue (E), West Gate Village Nursing Home (F), The Meadows of Brewton Nursing Home (G), Escambia County Health Department (H), Thomas E McMillan Museum (I), Brewton Public Library (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Brewton Heights Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Brewton include: Zion Fountain African Methodist Episcopal Church (A), Church of Christ (B), Alco United Methodist Church (C), Baptist Hill Baptist Church (D), Universalist Church (E), Second Saint Siloam Missionary Baptist Church (F), First Presbyterian Church (G), First Baptist Church (H), Triumph the Church and Kingdom of God in Christ (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Pilgrims Rest Cemetery (1), Baptist Hill Cemetery (2), Union Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Brewton Sewage Lagoon (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: King Branch (A), Cobb Branch (B), Burnt Corn Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Brewton include: Brewton Historic Commercial District (1), Lakeview Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Ron & Rustys Entertainment Services (Arcades & Amusements; 9485 Travis Road) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Hotels: Colonial Manor Motel (643 South Boulevard) (1), Brewton Motor Inn (1115 Douglas Avenue) (2), Days Inn of Brewton (611 South Boulevard) (3), Brewton-Days Inn (217 Highway 31 South) (4). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
Courts: Escambia County - District Court Judge (Courthouse) (1), Escambia County - Circuit Court- Clerk (Courthouse) (2). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
(17.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 42.6% for Black residents, 50.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Brewton in 2010:
- 163 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 113 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 12 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Brewton in 2000:
- 135 people in nursing homes
- 101 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 25 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 25 people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill
- 10 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 9 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Banks with branches in Brewton (2011 data):
- Bank of Brewton: Bank Of Brewton at 102 Belleville Avenue, branch established on 1889/08/01; North Brewton Branch at 2329 Douglas Avenue, branch established on 1967/06/29. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $53.6 mil, Deposits: $41.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Repton Supply Company, Inc.
- BankTrust: Northside Branch at 1201 Douglas Street, branch established on 1968/02/12; Banktrust Of Brewton/Branch at 227 Belleville Avenue, branch established on 1912/02/05. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $2,083.8 mil, Deposits: $1,812.7 mil, headquarters in Mobile, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 50 total offices, Holding Company: Banctrust Financial Group, Inc.
- First Progressive Bank: at St. Nichols Avenue And Sowell Street, branch established on 1977/11/10. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $30.0 mil, Deposits: $22.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 1 total offices
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Brewton Branch at 405 Douglas Avenue, branch established on 1991/04/11. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- Regions Bank: Brewton Branch at 1116 Douglas Avenue, branch established on 1934/07/01. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Woodforest National Bank: Brewton Branch at 2578 Douglas Avenue, branch established on 2008/10/29. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
- Farmers Exchange Bank: First Exchange Bank - A Division Of at 226 St. Joseph Avenue, branch established on 2008/03/24. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $188.8 mil, Deposits: $174.3 mil, headquarters in Louisville, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Feb Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Brewton city (based on Escambia County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Escambia County:||2.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Escambia County:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Escambia County:||7.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Brewton, AL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||1||$959|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$7,294||$29,176||3||$11,000|
|Police Protection - Officers||25||$83,924||$40,284||0||$0|
|Police - Other||7||$9,000||$15,429||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||10||$33,892||$40,670||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$5,300||$31,800||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$13,414||$32,194||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||8||$18,908||$28,362||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||96||$284,590||$35,574||19||$19,679|
4.93% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,858 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Escambia County, FL||0.83% ($29,082 average AGI)|
|from Baldwin County, AL||0.57% ($26,582)|
|from Conecuh County, AL||0.41% ($23,917)|
5.45% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,573 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Brewton:
- WEBJ (1240 AM; 1 kW; BREWTON, AL; Owner: CANDY CASHMAN SMITH, INDIVIDUAL)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WEBY (1330 AM; 25 kW; MILTON, FL; Owner: SPINNAKER LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNVY (1090 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CANTONMENT, FL; Owner: 1090-AM INC.)
- WYNI (930 AM; 5 kW; MONROEVILLE, AL; Owner: MCKISSICK ENTERPRISES)
- WBCA (1110 AM; daytime; 10 kW; BAY MINETTE, AL; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WDLT (660 AM; 10 kW; FAIRHOPE, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WJSB (1050 AM; 5 kW; CRESTVIEW, FL; Owner: CRESTVIEW BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WNTM (710 AM; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBHY (840 AM; daytime; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: GOFORTH MEDIA, INC.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Brewton:
- WKNU (106.3 FM; BREWTON, AL; Owner: ELLINGTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGCX (95.7 FM; NAVARRE, FL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WELJ (90.9 FM; BREWTON, AL; Owner: GATEWAY PUBLIC RADIO)
- WTKE (98.1 FM; HOLT, FL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPGG (93.3 FM; EVERGREEN, AL; Owner: GULF COAST BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC)
- WXBM-FM (102.7 FM; MILTON, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WTKX-FM (101.5 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WYCL (107.3 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WKSJ-FM (94.9 FM; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WZNS (96.5 FM; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WJLQ (100.7 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBLX-FM (92.9 FM; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WYOK (104.1 FM; ATMORE, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WMXC (99.9 FM; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKH (96.1 FM; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPFL (105.1 FM; CENTURY, FL; Owner: TRI-COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPCS (89.5 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC)
- WABB-FM (97.5 FM; MOBILE, AL; Owner: WABB-FM, INC.)
- WMEZ (94.1 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WFNU (101.1 FM; REPTON, AL; Owner: BRANTLEY BROADCAST ASSOCIATES)
TV broadcast stations around Brewton:
- WEAR-TV (Channel 3; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: WEAR LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKRG-TV (Channel 5; MOBILE, AL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SOUTH CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WJTC (Channel 44; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSRE (Channel 23; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: DST .BD. OF TRUSTEES PENSACOLA JR. COLLEGE)
- WMPV-TV (Channel 21; MOBILE, AL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPMI (Channel 15; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHBR (Channel 33; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CHRISTIAN TELEVISION OF PENSACOLA/MOBILE, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 10Number of bridges
- 73m240ftTotal length
- $33,983,000Total costs
- 59,459Total average daily traffic
- 3,734Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 163 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Brewton, AL)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 51 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Brewton)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 32 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Brewton)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Brewton and their reported violations in the past:BREWTON WATER WORKS (Population served: 9,756, Groundwater):
Past health violations:MCCALL WATER SYSTEM INC (Address: 4035 Old Highway 31 , Population served: 7,311, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In FEB-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (SEP-10-2007)
Past monitoring violations:RIDGE ROAD WATER AUTHORITY (Population served: 1,737, Groundwater):
- Lead Consumer Notice - In JAN-01-2012, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (APR-04-2012), St Compliance achieved (APR-17-2012)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-11-2005, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-11-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-11-2006), St Compliance achieved (OCT-20-2006)
- One routine major monitoring violation
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-11-2008, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-01-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-01-2008), St Public Notif received (OCT-16-2009), St Compliance achieved (DEC-10-2009)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 109
- Hazardous Condition: 92
- Service Call: 2
Incident types - Brewton
|Most common first names in Brewton, AL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Brewton, AL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (70%)
- Utility gas (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- No fuel used (0%)
|Businesses in Brewton, AL|
|Ace Hardware||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|Church's Chicken||1||True Value||1|
Brewton compared to Alabama state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Brewton on our top lists:
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #18 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people driving a car to work alone (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of police officers per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of English-only speaking households, population 5,000+"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #90 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill (population 1,000+)"
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2018.