We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||40.5 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05345.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $26,445 (it was $18,082 in 2000)
Brookline town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $201,142 (it was $105,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $269,727; Detached houses: $287,548; Townhouses or other attached units: $214,455; In 2-unit structures: $281,048; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $160,900; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $133,395; Mobile homes: $98,897
Races in Brookline, VT (2010)
- 51997.9%White alone
- 40.8%Asian alone
- 40.8%Two or more races
- 20.4%American Indian alone
|Best Southern VT Town for Raising Kids (7 replies)|
|We're moving to burlington? Vermont? (30 replies)|
|Southern moving to NE, needing guidance (18 replies)|
|The state of our education system (13 replies)|
|My husband got a job in vernon, vt (36 replies)|
Latest news from Brookline, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (20.6%), German (15.6%), French (12.6%), Irish (12.6%), Italian (7.5%), French Canadian (7.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 612 feet
Land area: 12.9 square miles.
Population density: 41 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Brookline:
- High school or higher: 88.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Brookline town:
- Never married: 17.8%
- Now married: 63.8%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 9.0%
4 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Brookline, Vermont as of December 11, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Brookline to the number of sex offenders is 265 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Brookline town:||1.8% ($1,947)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (58.4 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (91.1 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (164.1 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Newfane, VT (1.9 miles) , Townshend, VT (2.1 miles ), Putney, VT (2.2 miles ), Athens, VT (2.5 miles ), Dummerston, VT (2.7 miles ), Westminster, VT (2.9 miles ), Saxtons River, VT (3.0 miles ), Westmoreland, NH (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 43.02 N, Longitude: 72.61 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (25%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Paper (4%)
- Health care (19%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Social assistance (7%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Construction (4%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (4%)
- Carpenters (12%)
- Painters and paperhangers (8%)
- Woodworkers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Waiters and waitresses (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
Average climate in Brookline, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Brookline-area historical tornado activity is significantly above Vermont state average. It is 34% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/20/1968, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.2 miles away from the Brookline town center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 44.2 miles away from the town center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Brookline-area historical earthquake activity is near Vermont state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 108.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 115.5 miles away from Brookline center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 60.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 108.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 115.0 miles away from Brookline center
On 4/20/2000 at 08:46:55, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 LG, 3.8 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 104.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Windham County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 9, Tropical Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Brookline:
- CHESHIRE COUNTY HOME (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; WESTMORELAND, NH)
- MCGIRR NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; BELLOWS FALLS, VT)
- LINDEN LODGE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
- SOUTHERN VERMONT HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
- THOMPSON HOUSE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
- BRATTLEBORO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 13 miles away; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
- PINE HEIGHTS AT BRATTLEBORO CENTER FOR NURSING AND R (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
Heliports located in Brookline:
Amtrak stations near Brookline:
- 12 miles: BELLOWS FALLS (DEPOT ST.) . Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 14 miles: BRATTLEBORO (VERNON RD.) . Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
Operable nuclear power plant near Brookline:
- 19 miles: Vermont Yankee in Vernon, VT.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Brookline:
- Keene State College (about 18 miles; Keene, NH; Full-time enrollment: 5,098)
- Franklin Pierce University (about 33 miles; Rindge, NH; FT enrollment: 2,139)
- Williams College (about 38 miles; Williamstown, MA; FT enrollment: 2,141)
- Mount Wachusett Community College (about 44 miles; Gardner, MA; FT enrollment: 3,143)
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst (about 45 miles; Amherst, MA; FT enrollment: 26,583)
- Smith College (about 49 miles; Northampton, MA; FT enrollment: 3,549)
- Dartmouth College (about 50 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
Cemeteries: Ezequelle Cemetery (1), Cole-Brown Cemetery (2), Riverside Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 82.5. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2003 was 3.66. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 16.2 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 24.8. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 11.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 14.0. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 9.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.41. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.0 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Brookline town (based on Windham County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Windham County:||4.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Windham County:||1.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Windham County:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||18.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
5.66% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,769 average adjusted gross income)
0.10% of residents moved from foreign countries ($168 average AGI)
Windham County: 0.10% Vermont average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Cheshire County, NH||0.65% ($30,754 average AGI)|
|from Windsor County, VT||0.47% ($25,261)|
|from Franklin County, MA||0.22% ($38,415)|
6.42% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,600 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved to foreign countries ($193 average AGI)
Windham County: 0.08% Vermont average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Brookline:
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKBK (1290 AM; 5 kW; KEENE, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNBX (1480 AM; 5 kW; SPRINGFIELD, VT)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WIZZ (1520 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GREENFIELD, MA; Owner: P. & M. RADIO, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Brookline:
- WCMK (91.9 FM; PUTNEY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WKNE (103.7 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WEVN (90.7 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WCFR-FM (96.3 FM; WALPOLE, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, LLC)
- WKVT-FM (92.7 FM; BRATTLEBORO, VT; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WRSY (101.5 FM; MARLBORO, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WAMC-FM (90.3 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- W293AB (106.5 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WOQL (98.7 FM; WINCHESTER, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, LLC)
- WYRY (104.9 FM; HINSDALE, NH; Owner: TRI-VALLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Brookline:
- WEKW-TV (Channel 52; KEENE, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- $448,000Total costs
- 850Total average daily traffic
- 25Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,275Total future (year 2028) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: N1SAY, Licensee ID: L00726309, Grant Date: 04/22/2014, Expiration Date: 06/14/2024, Registrant: Jason R Butterfield, 301 Grassy Brook Road, Brookline, VT 05345
Drinking water stations with addresses in Brookline and their reported violations in the past:HARMONYVILLE STORE (Address: 27 SUNNY LANE , Population served: 50, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUN-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Tech Assistance Visit (JUN-24-2011), St Formal NOV issued (JUN-24-2011), St Public Notif requested (JUN-24-2011), St Boil Water Order (JUN-24-2011), St Compliance achieved (FEB-01-2012)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
- Hazardous Condition: 3
- Service Call: 3
- Good Intent Call: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (56%)
- Wood (26%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Coal or coke (2%)
- Other fuel (2%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Brookline compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.