Kit Carson County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Click to draw/clear city borders
Notable locations in Burlington: Kit Carson County Courthouse (A), Burlington Public Library (B), Kit Carson County Ambulance Service (C), Burlington Volunteer Fire Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Burlington include: Burlington Christian Church (A), Burlington United Methodist Church (B), Church of Christ (C), Evangelical Free Church (D), First Baptist Church (E), First Christian Church (F), Saint Catherine Catholic Church (G), Trinity Lutheran Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Fairview Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Burlington: Outback Territory Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Old Town Museum (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 420 South 14th Street), Fire Protection District (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 321 14th Street), Clerk (Recreation Areas; 251 16th Street), Burlington Chamber of Commerce (415 15th Street), Colorado Welcome Center (48265 Interstate 70).
Hotels: Hi-Lo Motel (870 Rose Avenue), Four Seasons Photography (430 14th Street), Chaparral Budget Host (405 South Lincoln Street), Comfort Inn Burlington (282 South Lincoln), Beechley Jim (870 Rose Avenue), Burlington Inn (450 South Lincoln Street).
Courts: Kit Carson - Combined Court Clerk (251 16th Street), Fire Protection District - Municipal Court (415 15th), Burlington - Municipal Court (415 15th Street), Burlington City Government - Municipal Court (415 15th Street).
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 27.2. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2010 was 0.375. This is about average. There were 39 monitors within city limits.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2004 was 2.59. This is better than average. There were 32 monitors within city limits.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 8.32. This is about average. There were 28 monitors within city limits.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 8.98. This is about average. There were 21 monitors within city limits.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 12.0. This is significantly better than average. There were 28 monitors within city limits.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Burlington and their reported violations in the past:
BURLINGTON CITY OF (Population served: 3625, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One minor monitoring violation
- 99 regular monitoring violations
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 11.8%
(7.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 31.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 46.9% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.4 people|
|Colorado: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 62.3%|
|Whole state: || 64.0%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 4.6%|
|Whole state: || 5.5%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Burlington, CO
People in group quarters in Burlington:
- 449 people in other types of correctional institutions
- 42 people in nursing homes
- 12 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Burlington compared to Colorado state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Burlington (2011 data):
- Frontier Bank: Burlington Branch at 107 South 14th Street, branch established on 1901/01/01. Info updated 2011/01/20: Bank assets: $209.0 mil, Deposits: $179.8 mil, headquarters in Lamar, CO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Whitcorp Financial Company
- Bank of the West: Burlington Branch at 502 14th Street, branch established on 1963/10/07. Info updated 2009/11/16: Bank assets: $62,408.3 mil, Deposits: $43,995.2 mil, headquarters in San Francisco, CA, positive income, 647 total offices, Holding Company: Bnp Paribas
- Kit Carson State Bank: Burlington Branch at 2121 Rose Ave, branch established on 2000/09/05. Info updated 2006/07/20: Bank assets: $72.4 mil, Deposits: $64.3 mil, headquarters in Kit Carson, CO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Harker Investments, Lllp
- Equitable Savings and Loan Association: 14th And Lowell Branch at 1420 Lowell Avenue, branch established on 1921/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $181.0 mil, Deposits: $141.8 mil, headquarters in Sterling, CO, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 10 total offices
- The Bank of Burlington: The Bank Of Burlington at 410 14th Street, branch established on 1931/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $61.9 mil, Deposits: $56.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Burlington Bancshares, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Burlington, Colorado:
All 2 fire-safe hotels and motels in Burlington, Colorado
- Burlington Comfort Inn, 282 S Lincoln St, Burlington, CO 80807 , Phone: (719) 346-7676, Fax: (719) 346-7780
- Super 8 Motel, 2100 Fay St, Burlington, CO 80807 , Phone: (719) 346-5627
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (84%)
- Electricity (9%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Solar energy (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Kit Carson County Colorado:
Religion statistics for Burlington (based on Kit Carson County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 70.55%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Lutheran Church||Southern Baptist Convention|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Conservative Congregational Christian Conference||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Kit Carson County:||8.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Kit Carson County:||5.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||8.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Kit Carson County:||6.3%|
|Colorado:||5.3%|Adult obesity rate:
|Kit Carson County:||24.0%|
|State:||18.4%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Judicial and Legal
|Police Protection - Officers
|Police - Other
|Streets and Highways
|Parks and Recreation
|Housing and Community Development(Local)
|Other and Unallocable
|Totals for Government
Burlington government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Air Transportation: $133,000 ($31.46)
- Charges - All Other: $419,000 ($99.10)
Sewerage: $230,000 ($54.40)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $2,196,000 ($519.39)
Police Protection: $611,000 ($144.51)
General - Other: $520,000 ($122.99)
Parks & Recreation: $505,000 ($119.44)
Regular Highways: $493,000 ($116.60)
Water Utilities: $376,000 ($88.93)
Financial Administration: $348,000 ($82.31)
Solid Waste Management: $240,000 ($56.76)
Sewerage: $195,000 ($46.12)
Air Transportation: $155,000 ($36.66)
Libraries: $98,000 ($23.18)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $9,000 ($2.13)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $115,000 ($27.20)
Interest Earnings: $95,000 ($22.47)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,224,000 ($526.02)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $2,524,000 ($596.97)
Water Utilities: $449,000 ($106.20)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $243,000 ($57.47)
General Support: $237,000 ($56.05)
Gas Utilities: $88,000 ($20.81)
Water Utilities: $74,000 ($17.50)
All Other: $58,000 ($13.72)
Housing & Community Development: $48,000 ($11.35)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $796,000 ($188.27)
Property: $231,000 ($54.64)
Other Selective Sales: $49,000 ($11.59)
Motor Vehicle License: $16,000 ($3.78)
NEC: $7,000 ($1.66)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,345,000 ($318.12)
6.05% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($29,070 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
8.10% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($32,953 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Burlington:
- KNAB (1140 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: KNAB, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSIR (1010 AM; 25 kW; BRUSH, CO; Owner: JMS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KLOE (730 AM; 1 kW; GOODLAND, KS; Owner: MELIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KXXX (790 AM; 5 kW; COLBY, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KRDZ (1440 AM; 5 kW; WRAY, CO; Owner: MEDIA LOGIC, LLC.)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Burlington:
- K208CH (89.5 FM; BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOUNDATION, INC.)
- KNAB-FM (104.1 FM; BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: KNAB, INC.)
- K201FK (88.1 FM; BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KKCI (102.5 FM; GOODLAND, KS; Owner: MELIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Burlington:
- KBSL-TV (Channel 10; GOODLAND, KS; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- K53AD (Channel 53; BETHUNE,BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: KIT CARSON COUNTY)
- K55AX (Channel 55; BETHUNE,BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: KIT CARSON COUNTY)
- K57AM (Channel 57; BETHUNE,BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: KIT CARSON COUNTY)
- K59AP (Channel 59; BETHUNE,BURLINGTON, CO; Owner: KIT CARSON COUNTY)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2009 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 3
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 3
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 3
- Fatalities: 3
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 5
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 140
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 217
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 64
- Fatalities: 151
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 374
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 24
Burlington fatal accident list:
Jul 31, 1995 11:48 AM, Cherry, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
May 4, 1991 01:00 AM, 7th St, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 4
Total length: 15 meters (49ft)
Total average daily traffic: 16,300
Total average daily truck traffic: 3,050
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
Incident types - Burlington
See full 2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System statistics for Burlington, CO
|Most common first names in Burlington, CO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Burlington, CO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Browse common businesses in Burlington, CO
|Businesses in Burlington, CO|
|Ace Hardware||1||Pizza Hut||1|
Burlington on our top lists:
- #18 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest ratio of rapes to murders between 2001 and 2006"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Secondary school teachers"