|Median resident age:||58.5 years|
|Idaho median age:||43.6 years|
Zip code: 83213
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $22,560 (it was $38,200 in 2000)
- White alone - 58 (78.4%)
- Hispanic - 10 (13.5%)
- American Indian alone - 3 (4.1%)
- Black alone - 2 (2.7%)
- Two or more races - 1 (1.4%)
Latest news from Butte City, ID collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (16.5%), United States (12.7%), Swedish (8.9%), English (7.6%), Scottish (5.1%), Welsh (5.1%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 5315 feet
Land area: 0.20 square miles.
Population density: 339 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Butte City:
- High school or higher: 75.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 0.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 31.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Butte City city:
- Never married: 0.0%
- Now married: 86.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 10.6%
- Divorced: 3.4%
9 residents are foreign born (2.9% Asia).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $199 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $275 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Idaho Falls, ID (61.3 miles , pop. 50,730).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northwest Clackamas, OR (478.4 miles , pop. 224,220).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (700.0 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Arco, ID (1.8 miles ), Moore, ID (3.3 miles) , Howe, ID (4.0 miles ), Lost River, ID (4.1 miles) , Atomic City, ID (5.0 miles) , Mackay, ID (5.3 miles ), Carey, ID (6.4 miles ), Mud Lake, ID (6.4 miles ).
Latitude: 43.61 N, Longitude: 113.25 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 208
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (38%)
- Finance and insurance (31%)
- Public administration (19%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Manufacturing (0%)
- Construction (33%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (22%)
- Health care and social assistance (22%)
- Accommodation and food services (22%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Manufacturing (0%)
Average climate in Butte City, Idaho
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Butte City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Idaho state average. It is 274% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 144.7 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 42.7 miles away from Butte City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 306.5 miles away from the city center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 117.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/28/1983 at 19:51:24, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 43.1 miles away from Butte City center
On 10/29/1983 at 23:29:11, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.0 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 62.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Butte County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Earthquake: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Butte City:
- Idaho State University (about 66 miles; Pocatello, ID; Full-time enrollment: 10,350)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 75 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- College of Southern Idaho (about 95 miles; Twin Falls, ID; FT enrollment: 5,051)
- Boise State University (about 149 miles; Boise, ID; FT enrollment: 16,774)
- Utah State University (about 149 miles; Logan, UT; FT enrollment: 21,131)
- College of Western Idaho (about 164 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 6,300)
- Northwest Nazarene University (about 167 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 2,290)
(8.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 88.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||1.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Butte City compared to Idaho state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (42%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (24%)
- Wood (18%)
- Utility gas (11%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Butte City city (based on Butte County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 57.12%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Catholic Church||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Butte County:||3.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Butte County:||18.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||2||$781|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||2||$781|
6.35% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,776 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
8.36% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,551 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
|to Bonneville County, ID||1.61% ($28,133 average AGI)|
Strongest AM radio stations in Butte City:
- KZNR (690 AM; 10 kW; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBLI (1620 AM; 10 kW; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KID (590 AM; 5 kW; IDAHO FALLS, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSEI (930 AM; 5 kW; POCATELLO, ID; Owner: PACIFIC EMPIRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KUPI (980 AM; 5 kW; AMMON, ID; Owner: RAY GROTH OIL COMPANY, INC.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KZNI (1260 AM; 5 kW; IDAHO FALLS, ID)
- KBSU (730 AM; 15 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Butte City:
- KCVI (101.5 FM; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLCE (97.3 FM; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KID-FM (96.1 FM; IDAHO FALLS, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KISY (100.7 FM; GOODING, ID; Owner: AGM-IDAHO BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KYZK (107.5 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: ALPINE BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- KECH-FM (95.3 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: ALPINE BROADCASTING LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- KIKX (104.7 FM; KETCHUM, ID; Owner: AGM-IDAHO BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KSKI-FM (103.7 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: ALPINE BROADCASTING LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- K216CY (91.1 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: BOISE ST. UNIV., ID ST BD OF EDUCA.)
- KWRV (91.9 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Butte City:
- K13VK (Channel 13; ARCO, ID; Owner: OREGON TRAIL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K59BV (Channel 59; LAVA HOT SPRINGS, ID; Owner: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION (IEPBS))