Cambridge City, Indiana
Cambridge City: cambridge city public library
Cambridge City: Cambridge City Mural
Cambridge City: Cambridge City Public Library
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.9 years|
|Indiana median age:||37.3 years|
Zip codes: 47327.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,465 (it was $17,691 in 2000)
Cambridge City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $81,548 (it was $77,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $120,592; Detached houses: $119,715; Townhouses or other attached units: $121,427; In 2-unit structures: $72,193; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $122,308; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $88,419; Mobile homes: $100,520
Median gross rent in 2013: $580.
Races in Cambridge City, IN (2010)
- 1,83097.9%White alone
- 90.5%Two or more races
- 50.3%American Indian alone
- 50.3%Asian alone
- 40.2%Black alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Higher-educated people are more likely to have a second job Jun 23
- Who wants to legalize marijuana in the United States? Jun 21
- From rich to super-rich: do you pay lower taxes? Jun 19
- Well-educated parents are more likely to stay together Jun 17
- Leisure time: do Americans spend it differently this decade? Jun 15
|Looking for the Perfect Small Town (78 replies)|
|Relocation To Cambridge City (1 reply)|
|Indiana bank ratings (7 replies)|
|Connersville HOH!!! (39 replies)|
|Laurel-Indianas best kept secret?? (18 replies)|
|Can anyone tell me about Lewisville (5 replies)|
Latest news from Cambridge City, IN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (32.5%), Irish (17.5%), United States (16.6%), English (9.3%), Swiss (2.4%), Dutch (2.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 937 feet
Land area: 1.04 square miles.
Population density: 1,729 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Cambridge City:
- High school or higher: 82.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cambridge City town:
- Never married: 21.7%
- Now married: 47.6%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 13.9%
- Divorced: 16.4%
18 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Indiana and other state lists there were 8 registered sex offenders living in Cambridge City, Indiana as of June 24, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Cambridge City to the number of sex offenders is 230 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $573 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $845 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Muncie, IN (28.7 miles , pop. 67,430).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Indianapolis, IN (51.9 miles , pop. 781,870).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (192.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Mount Auburn, IN (1.1 miles) , East Germantown, IN (1.3 miles ), Dublin, IN (1.4 miles ), Milton, IN (1.4 miles ), Straughn, IN (2.5 miles ), Hagerstown, IN (2.6 miles ), Greens Fork, IN (3.0 miles ), Centerville, IN (3.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $81,300
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $131,700
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $117,000
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $102,400
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $120,000
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $175,000
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $85,000
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $130,900
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $65,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 39.81 N, Longitude: 85.17 W
Area code: 765
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.45|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (36%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Construction (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Production occupations (26%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (26%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Cambridge City, Indiana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cambridge City-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Indiana state average. It is 113% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.2 miles away from the Cambridge City town center killed one person and injured 12 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 18.8 miles away from the town center injured 17 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Cambridge City-area historical earthquake activity is near Indiana state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 129.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 173.4 miles away from Cambridge City center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 160.6 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 65.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 188.9 miles away from Cambridge City center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 170.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wayne County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Cambridge City:
- AMBASSADOR HEALTHCARE (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; CENTERVILLE, IN)
- CONNERSVILLE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; CONNERSVILLE, IN)
- HICKORY CREEK AT CONNERSVILLE (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; CONNERSVILLE, IN)
- CAROLETON MANOR (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; CONNERSVILLE, IN)
- CAROLETON MANOR (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; CONNERSVILLE, IN)
- FAYETTE REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 11 miles away; CONNERSVILLE, IN)
- FAYETTE REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM Acute Care Hospitals (about 12 miles away; CONNERSVILLE, IN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cambridge City:
- Indiana University-East (about 16 miles; Richmond, IN; Full-time enrollment: 2,867)
- Ball State University (about 30 miles; Muncie, IN; FT enrollment: 20,254)
- Miami University-Oxford (about 32 miles; Oxford, OH; FT enrollment: 17,670)
- Anderson University (about 34 miles; Anderson, IN; FT enrollment: 2,378)
- Miami University-Hamilton (about 45 miles; Hamilton, OH; FT enrollment: 2,906)
- Taylor University (about 48 miles; Upland, IN; FT enrollment: 2,272)
- Sinclair Community College (about 52 miles; Dayton, OH; FT enrollment: 13,779)
Public high school in Cambridge City:
- LINCOLN SR HIGH SCH (Students: 366, Location: 215 E PARKWAY DR, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Cambridge City:
- WESTERN WAYNE ELEM SCH (Students: 544, Location: 801 E DELAWARE, Grades: PK-5)
- LINCOLN MIDDLE SCHOOL (Location: 205 PARKWAY DR, Grades: 6-8)
Notable location: Cambridge City Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Capitol Hill Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Crietz Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Cambridge City: Criotz Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Court: Indiana State - Bureau Of Motor Vehicles- Cambridge City (26 West Church Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 62.1. This is better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2013 was 0.167. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 24.0 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.836. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 12.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 28.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 18.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.55. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.1 miles away from the city center.
(13.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Banks with branches in Cambridge City (2011 data):
- Wayne Bank and Trust Co.: Wayne Bank And Trust Co. at 145 West Main Street, branch established on 1882/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $149.5 mil, Deposits: $117.0 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Waytru Bancorp
- U.S. Bank National Association: Cambridge City Branch at 100 West Main Street, branch established on 1983/06/27. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
- MainSource Bank: Cambridge City Branch at 200 West Main Street, branch established on 1937/12/06. Info updated 2009/12/09: Bank assets: $2,729.1 mil, Deposits: $2,167.0 mil, headquarters in Greensburg, IN, positive income, 86 total offices, Holding Company: Mainsource Financial Group, Inc.
- First Bank Richmond, National Association: Cambridge City Branch at 138 West Main Street, branch established on 1887/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $521.4 mil, Deposits: $375.1 mil, headquarters in Richmond, IN, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: First Mutual Of Richmond, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cambridge City town (based on Wayne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wayne County:||2.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Indiana:||1.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||1.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Indiana:||0.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||4.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.78 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Cambridge City, IN Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$5,434||$32,604||5||$687|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$15,190||$36,456||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||4||$13,117||$39,351||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||11||$33,741||$36,808||29||$2,062|
Cambridge City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - General - Other: $743,000 ($411.41)
Water Utilities: $205,000 ($113.51)
Regular Highways: $92,000 ($50.94)
Sewerage: $73,000 ($40.42)
Police Protection: $1,000 ($0.55)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $96,000 ($53.16)
Regular Highways: $81,000 ($44.85)
Police Protection: $1,000 ($0.55)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $346,000 ($191.58)
Cambridge City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $331,000 ($183.28)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $75,000 ($41.53)
Highways: $35,000 ($19.38)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $14,000 ($7.75)
General Revenue, NEC: $10,000 ($5.54)
Property Sale Other: $3,000 ($1.66)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $247,000 ($136.77)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $95,000 ($52.60)
Highways: $61,000 ($33.78)
All Other: $15,000 ($8.31)
- Tax - Property: $366,000 ($202.66)
Individual Income: $38,000 ($21.04)
Public Utilities: $15,000 ($8.31)
NEC: $2,000 ($1.11)
Cambridge City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $560,000 ($310.08)
4.01% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,456 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Randolph County, IN||0.32% ($26,398 average AGI)|
|from Preble County, OH||0.29% ($30,184)|
|from Fayette County, IN||0.28% ($27,233)|
4.91% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,036 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($312 average AGI)
Wayne County: 0.06% Indiana average: 0.03%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cambridge City:
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKBV (1490 AM; 1 kW; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: RODGERS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WHON (930 AM; 1 kW; CENTERVILLE, IN; Owner: BREWER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WKRC (550 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNDE (1260 AM; 5 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WONE (980 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cambridge City:
- WFMG (101.3 FM; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: RODGERS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WIFE (100.3 FM; CONNERSVILLE, IN; Owner: RODGERS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WQLK (96.1 FM; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: BREWER BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WKWH-FM (94.3 FM; RUSHVILLE, IN; Owner: RSE BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBSH (91.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, IN; Owner: BALL STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WMDH-FM (102.5 FM; NEW CASTLE, IN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNOU (93.1 FM; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFMS (95.5 FM; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: WFMS LICO, INC)
- WYXB (105.7 FM; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WMUB (88.5 FM; OXFORD, OH; Owner: THE PRES.& TRUSTEES OF MIAMI UNIV.)
- WLBC-FM (104.1 FM; MUNCIE, IN; Owner: MUNCIE SABRECOM, INC.)
- WZZY (98.3 FM; WINCHESTER, IN; Owner: RODGERS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WECI (91.5 FM; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: EARLHAM COLLEGE)
- W237AT (95.3 FM; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Cambridge City:
- WPTO (Channel 14; OXFORD, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WKOI (Channel 43; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF INDIANA, INC.)
- WIPB (Channel 49; MUNCIE, IN; Owner: BALL STATE UNIVERSITY)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 10Number of bridges
- 20m66ftTotal length
- $1,440,000Total costs
- 22,864Total average daily traffic
- 1,850Total average daily truck traffic
- 35,274Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Drinking water stations with addresses in Cambridge City that have no violations reported:
- CAMBRIDGE CITY MUNICIPAL WATER WORKS (Population served: 2,200, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 9
|Most common first names in Cambridge City, IN among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Cambridge City, IN among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (60%)
- Electricity (29%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- Wood (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
|Businesses in Cambridge City, IN|
|Alco Stores||1||H&R Block||1|
Cambridge City compared to Indiana state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2016.