|Median resident age:||37.8 years|
|Illinois median age:||39.6 years|
Zip codes: 62320.
Camp Point village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $101,195 (it was $55,000 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $428.
- White alone - 1,104 (97.5%)
- Two or more races - 12 (1.1%)
- Hispanic - 10 (0.9%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.2%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.2%)
Latest news from Camp Point, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (44.0%), Irish (11.3%), United States (11.2%), English (7.5%), Scotch-Irish (2.9%), Dutch (1.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 05/05/1874
Elevation: 743 feet
Land area: 0.95 square miles.
Population density: 1,188 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Camp Point:
- High school or higher: 91.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Camp Point village:
- Never married: 21.6%
- Now married: 59.7%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 10.1%
25 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Camp Point, Illinois as of March 04, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Camp Point to the number of sex offenders is 282 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,445 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,404 (1.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Springfield, IL (77.2 miles , pop. 111,454).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (107.2 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (216.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Coatsburg, IL (2.2 miles ), Golden, IL (2.3 miles ), Columbus, IL (2.4 miles) , Clayton, IL (2.4 miles ), La Prairie, IL (2.8 miles) , Mound Station, IL (3.2 miles) , Loraine, IL (3.4 miles ), Liberty, IL (3.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $122,900
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $122,900
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $138,100
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $149,000
- 2007: 4 buildings, average cost: $149,000
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $149,000
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $125,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $125,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $125,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $125,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.04 N, Longitude: 91.07 W
Area code: 217
|Crime rates in Camp Point by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 313.1)||56.1||147.3||68.6||70.2||34.4||300.0||41.9||108.2||66.2||38.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Camp Point detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.76|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Other services, except public administration (13%)
- Construction (12%)
- Transportation and warehousing (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Wholesale trade (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Information (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (14%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (14%)
- Health technologists and technicians (11%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
Average climate in Camp Point, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Camp Point-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Illinois state average. It is 41% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/30/1973, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.9 miles away from the Camp Point village center .
On 4/24/1961, a category F3 tornado 24.1 miles away from the village center injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Camp Point-area historical earthquake activity is near Illinois state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 202.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 189.7 miles away from Camp Point center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 215.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 226.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 203.5 miles away from Camp Point center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 188.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Adams County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 3, Snows: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Pinch Thomas - Major League Baseball catcher.
Hospitals and medical centers in Camp Point:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Camp Point:
- Western Illinois University (about 36 miles; Macomb, IL; Full-time enrollment: 10,755)
- Southeastern Community College (about 54 miles; West Burlington, IA; FT enrollment: 2,251)
- University of Illinois at Springfield (about 80 miles; Springfield, IL; FT enrollment: 3,748)
- Lincoln Land Community College (about 81 miles; Springfield, IL; FT enrollment: 5,460)
- Truman State University (about 81 miles; Kirksville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,553)
- Moberly Area Community College (about 86 miles; Moberly, MO; FT enrollment: 3,977)
- Lewis and Clark Community College (about 89 miles; Godfrey, IL; FT enrollment: 4,189)
Public high school in Camp Point:
- Central High School (Location: 2110 Hwy 94N; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Camp Point:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Current Home of: Dusty and Lacey Petersen
Notable locations in Camp Point: Adams County Ambulance Emergency Medical Services (A), Camp Point Fire Protection District (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Camp Point include: Camp Point United Methodist Church (A), First Christian Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Evergreen Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 67.6. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2006 was 1.40. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 18.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 31.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.25. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.8 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Camp Point and their reported violations in the past:CAMP POINT (Address: 111 E. Wood Street , Population served: 1,132, Purch groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In OCT-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-15-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-15-2011), St Public Notif received (NOV-29-2011), St Compliance achieved (DEC-07-2011)
- One minor monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Camp Point that have no violations reported:
- CLAYTON-CAMP-POINT WATER COMMISSION (Population served: 2,197, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(13.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This village:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
77 people in nursing homes in 2000
Camp Point compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Camp Point (2011 data):
- Farmers State Bank of Camp Point: Farmers State Bank Of Camp Point at 206 East Wood, branch established on 1921/09/30. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $51.6 mil, Deposits: $43.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Illini Corporation
- North Adams State Bank: Camp Point Branch at 213 West Wood, branch established on 1994/07/25. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $32.2 mil, Deposits: $28.1 mil, headquarters in Ursa, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: North Adams Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (62%)
- Electricity (31%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Wood (2%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Camp Point village (based on Adams County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 59.56%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||United Church of Christ||Lutheran Church|
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Salvation Army||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Adams County:||1.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Adams County:||3.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$2,874||$34,488||11||$1,620|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$11,000||$26,400||9||$2,421|
|Streets and Highways||0||$0||4||$7,502|
|Totals for Government||6||$13,874||$27,748||35||$19,100|
Camp Point government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $138,000 ($122.56)
Regular Highways: $131,000 ($116.34)
Water Utilities: $77,000 ($68.38)
General - Other: $59,000 ($52.40)
Police Protection: $43,000 ($38.19)
Sewerage: $38,000 ($33.75)
Parks & Recreation: $13,000 ($11.55)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $3,000 ($2.66)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $24,000 ($21.31)
Central Staff: $14,000 ($12.43)
Parks & Recreation: $9,000 ($7.99)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $155,000 ($137.66)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $19,000 ($16.87)
Camp Point government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $101,000 ($89.70)
Parks & Recreation: $22,000 ($19.54)
All Other: $8,000 ($7.10)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $19,000 ($16.87)
General Revenue, NEC: $15,000 ($13.32)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $150,000 ($133.21)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $216,000 ($191.83)
Highways: $35,000 ($31.08)
- Tax - Property: $105,000 ($93.25)
Public Utilities: $38,000 ($33.75)
NEC: $3,000 ($2.66)
Camp Point government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $270,000 ($239.79)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $240,000 ($213.14)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $30,000 ($26.64)
Camp Point government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $665,000 ($590.59)
3.47% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,862 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($562 average AGI)
Adams County: 0.04% Illinois average: 0.03%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Marion County, MO||0.27% ($23,548 average AGI)|
|from Lewis County, MO||0.18% ($25,447)|
|from Hancock County, IL||0.15% ($66,268)|
3.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($50,866 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Camp Point:
- WGEM (1440 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTAD (930 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KHMO (1070 AM; 5 kW; HANNIBAL, MO)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WCAZ (990 AM; 1 kW; CARTHAGE, IL; Owner: RALLA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Camp Point:
- WPWQ (106.7 FM; MOUNT STERLING, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGEM-FM (105.1 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY NEWSPAPERS, INC.)
- WQUB (90.3 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY UNIVERSITY CORPORATION)
- KGRC (92.9 FM; HANNIBAL, MO; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- WQCY (103.9 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- WGCA-FM (88.5 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: GREAT COMMISSION BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCOY (99.5 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- KRRY (100.9 FM; CANTON, MO; Owner: BICK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KOKX-FM (95.3 FM; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- KRNQ (96.3 FM; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: DAVID M. LISTER)
- WQKQ (92.1 FM; CARTHAGE, IL; Owner: PRITCHARD BROADCASTING CO.)
- KICK-FM (97.9 FM; PALMYRA, MO; Owner: BICK BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KZZK (105.9 FM; NEW LONDON, MO; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- WIUW (89.5 FM; WARSAW, IL; Owner: WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- KJIR (91.7 FM; HANNIBAL, MO; Owner: BELIEVERS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIPA (89.3 FM; PITTSFIELD, IL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF IL AT SPRINGFIELD)
- WKXQ (92.5 FM; RUSHVILLE, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Camp Point:
- W49BS (Channel 49; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W53BP (Channel 53; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KHQA-TV (Channel 7; HANNIBAL, MO; Owner: CHELSEY BROADCASTING COMPANY OF QUINCY, LLC)
- WTJR (Channel 16; QUINCY, IL; Owner: BELIEVER'S BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W36BS (Channel 36; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W61CO (Channel 61; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W18CJ (Channel 18; QUINCY, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W69DF (Channel 69; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WGEM-TV (Channel 10; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY BROADCASTING CO.)
- WQEC (Channel 27; QUINCY, IL; Owner: W. CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUC. TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- K40GO (Channel 40; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KTVO (Channel 3; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: KTVO LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- W67DR (Channel 67; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W65CZ (Channel 65; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W45BM (Channel 45; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WMEC (Channel 22; MACOMB, IL; Owner: W. CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUC. TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Camp Point fatal accident list:
Oct 18, 1999 01:10 PM, Us-24, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Dec 10, 1984 05:07 PM, 24, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Camp Point)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Camp Point, IL)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- Camp Point, Cnr Cr2400e & 1750n 1.8mi S Of (Lat: 40.012833 Lon: -91.048194), Type: Tower, Structure height: 89.9 m, Overall height: 96 m, Call Sign: WNEX526
Assigned Frequencies: 6755.00 MHz, 6795.00 MHz
Grant Date: 02/18/2009, Expiration Date: 04/28/2019
Registrant: Bnsf Railway Co., 4515 Kansas Ave, Kansas City, KS 66106, Phone: (913) 551-4958, Fax: (913) 551-4053, Email:
- CAMP POINT, 200 Ft Se On Rt 24 & 250 Ft N (Lat: 40.040306 Lon: -91.056222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 80 m, Call Sign: WNTQ632
Assigned Frequencies: 952.568 MHz, 928.568 MHz, 932.406 MHz, 941.406 MHz
Grant Date: 12/14/2007, Expiration Date: 02/05/2018
Registrant: Adams Electric Cooperative, 700 East Wood St, Camp Point, IL 62320, Phone: (217) 593-7701
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Camp Point)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: STINSON 108-1 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 84 mph), Engine: FRANKLIN 6A4150 SERIES (150 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 97015 , Serial Number: 108-1015, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 09/10/1955
Registrant (Individual): Scott R Phillips, 2016 E 2000th St, Camp Point, IL 62320
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 23
- Hazardous Condition: 6
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Camp Point
|Most common first names in Camp Point, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Camp Point, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Camp Point, IL
- MasterBrand Cabinets: 4
Camp Point on our top lists:
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Transportation equipment"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Primary, secondary, and special education school teachers:"
- #97 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of arson incidents in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest increase in the number of infant deaths per 1000 residents 1990-1999 to 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"