|Median resident age:||39.1 years|
|Illinois median age:||39.6 years|
Zip codes: 61520.
Canton city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $75,822 (it was $60,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $598.
- White alone - 12,797 (86.7%)
- Black alone - 1,142 (7.7%)
- Hispanic - 476 (3.2%)
- Two or more races - 201 (1.4%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 14 (0.09%)
- Asian alone - 11 (0.07%)
- American Indian alone - 6 (0.04%)
|moving to Canton, IL (8 replies)|
|Canton, IL (1 reply)|
|My saga to get a teaching job in chicago (77 replies)|
|Where is Lanford, Illinois? (Town from Roseanne) (47 replies)|
|Many Chicagoans have an unhealthy obsession with berating surrounding states. (235 replies)|
|Moving to Peoria for Caterpillar, where to rent? (15 replies)|
Latest news from Canton, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (19.5%), United States (15.7%), English (11.9%), Irish (9.8%), French (2.7%), Swedish (2.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 04/11/1892
Elevation: 660 feet
Land area: 7.85 square miles.
Population density: 1,839 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Canton:
- High school or higher: 82.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 8.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Canton city:
- Never married: 35.5%
- Now married: 41.5%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 6.5%
- Divorced: 14.9%
476 residents are foreign born (1.0% Europe).
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 52 registered sex offenders living in Canton, Illinois as of April 25, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Canton to the number of sex offenders is 279 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,640 (1.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,653 (2.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Peoria, IL (25.0 miles , pop. 112,936).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (134.0 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (151.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Dunfermline, IL (2.1 miles ), St. David, IL (2.2 miles ), Norris, IL (2.2 miles) , Bryant, IL (2.7 miles ), Banner, IL (2.7 miles) , Fairview, IL (3.0 miles ), Cuba, IL (3.1 miles ), Farmington, IL (3.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 12 buildings, average cost: $56,600
- 1998: 16 buildings, average cost: $97,700
- 1999: 10 buildings, average cost: $105,300
- 2000: 10 buildings, average cost: $93,900
- 2001: 14 buildings, average cost: $128,800
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $103,100
- 2003: 15 buildings, average cost: $94,800
- 2004: 8 buildings, average cost: $144,700
- 2005: 10 buildings, average cost: $102,700
- 2006: 7 buildings, average cost: $170,200
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $17,100
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $108,300
- 2009: 3 buildings, average cost: $96,700
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2012: 4 buildings, average cost: $150,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.56 N, Longitude: 90.03 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -660 (-4.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,638 (48.6%)
Area code: 309
|Crime rates in Canton by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.1)||266.5||223.0||259.8||263.9||273.2||209.2||231.3||262.4||192.0||208.5||282.1||226.3||231.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Canton detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.64|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +1,234 (+8.8%).
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Construction (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (32%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Registered nurses (4%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Canton, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Canton-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 82% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/13/1995, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.5 miles away from the Canton city center injured 45 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/29/1976, a category F4 tornado 22.4 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Canton-area historical earthquake activity is near Illinois state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 185.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 165.9 miles away from Canton center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 214.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 185.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 170.8 miles away from Canton center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 236.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Fulton County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 10, Floods: 9, Tornadoes: 3, Snows: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Boomer Grigsby - 2005 NFL player (Kansas City Chiefs, born: Nov 15, 1981), Ian Wolfe - Actor, Phil Johns - Martial artist, Steven Nagel - (born 1946), astronaut, Elizabeth A. Kovachevich - Judge, Harry Jacobs - Football player, Jack Fisk - Art director, Michael K. Smith (Illinois politician) - Politician, Charles Duryea - (1861-1938), automobile pioneer, Mike Grzanich - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Canton:
- EMERALD ESTATES ("1577 EAST MYRTLE, P.O. BOX 232")
- GRAHAM HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency services, 210 WEST WALNUT STREET)
- FMC - OF SPOON RIVER (210 W WALNUT ST)
- GRAHAM HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (410 EAST ELM STREET)
- HEARTLAND OF CANTON (2081 NORTH MAIN STREET)
- RENAISSANCE CARE CENTER (1675 EAST ASH STREET)
- SUNSET REHABILITATION AND HEALTH CARE (129 SOUTH 1ST AVENUE)
Airports and heliports located in Canton:See details about airports and heliports located in Canton, IL
Colleges/Universities in Canton:
- Spoon River College (Full-time enrollment: 1,118; Location: 23235 North County 22; Public; Website: www.src.edu)
- Graham Hospital School of Nursing (FT enrollment: 57; Location: 210 W Walnut St; Private, not-for-profit; Website: grahamschoolofnursing.org)
- Innovations Design Academy (FT enrollment: 30; Location: 125 E Locust St; Private, for-profit; Website: www.innovationsdesignacademy.com)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Canton:
- Bradley University (about 25 miles; Peoria, IL; Full-time enrollment: 5,152)
- Illinois Central College (about 29 miles; East Peoria, IL; FT enrollment: 7,158)
- Western Illinois University (about 35 miles; Macomb, IL; FT enrollment: 10,755)
- Heartland Community College (about 54 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 3,958)
- Illinois State University (about 55 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 18,804)
- Illinois Wesleyan University (about 56 miles; Bloomington, IL; FT enrollment: 2,323)
- University of Illinois at Springfield (about 62 miles; Springfield, IL; FT enrollment: 3,748)
Public high schools in Canton:
Private high school in Canton:
Public elementary/middle schools in Canton:
Library in Canton:
Notable locations in Canton: Canton Industrial Park (A), West Side Sewage Treatment Plant (B), Canton Country Club (C), Parlin Ingersoll Library (D), Ingersoll Gymnasium (E), Illinois River State Correctional Center (F), Fulton County Emergency Medical Association (G), Canton Fire Department (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Lake Drive Shopping Center (1), North Main Shopping Center (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Canton include: Agape Believers Fellowship Church (A), Berean Missionary Baptist Church (B), Canton Assembly of God Church (C), Canton Church of Christ (D), Christian Life Center (E), Church of the Brethren (F), Church of God of Prophecy (G), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (H), Eastside Church of the Nazarene (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Saint Josephs Cemetery (1), Saint Marys Cemetery (2), Greenwood Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Bond Lake (A), Fitch Lake (B), Veterans Lake (C), Strode Lake (D), Rainbow Lake (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Canton include: Big Creek Park (1), South Park (2), Memorial Stadium (3), McCall Park (4), Lakeland Park (5), Kellogg Park (6), Dean Park (7), Anderson Park (8), Wallace Park (9). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Canton Friendship Festival (Tours & Charters; 890 East Oak).
Hotels: Canton Inn (665 West Locust Street), Heritage Grand Inn (1150 East Linn Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 52.8. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 1.76. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 24.4. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 24.2 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Canton and their reported violations in the past:MCDUCKS (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between APR-2006 and JUN-2006, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUN-02-2006), St Compliance achieved (JUN-19-2007)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JAN-2006 and MAR-2006, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-05-2006), St Compliance achieved (FEB-15-2006)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between OCT-2005 and DEC-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (DEC-27-2005)
- One regular monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Canton that have no violations reported:
- CANTON (Population served: 13,932, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater under infl of surface water)
- SPOON RIVER SPEEDWAY (Population served: 500, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- THE GOOSE PIT (Population served: 30, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(19.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 85.6% for Black residents, 67.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 28.1% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Canton in 2010:
- 2,069 people in state prisons
- 261 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 21 people in group homes intended for adults
- 17 people in in-patient hospice facilities
- 6 people in hospitals with patients who have no usual home elsewhere
People in group quarters in Canton in 2000:
- 1,947 people in state prisons
- 282 people in nursing homes
- 25 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 20 people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped
- 16 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 4 people in institutions for the blind
Canton compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Banks with branches in Canton (2011 data):
- MidAmerica National Bank: Midamerica National Bank at 100 West Elm Street, branch established on 1933/11/22; Hy-Vee Branch at 825 North Main Street, branch established on 1882/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $320.9 mil, Deposits: $265.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Midamerica National Bancshares, Inc.
- THE National Bank: Messenger Service #2 Branch at 801 North Main Street, branch established on 2004/10/25; Canton Branch at 801 North Main Street, branch established on 1912/01/01. Info updated 2009/01/28: Bank assets: $1,088.2 mil, Deposits: $914.5 mil, headquarters in Moline, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 29 total offices, Holding Company: National Bancshares, Inc.
- Bank of Farmington: Bank Of Farmington At Canton Branch at 2115 N Main St, branch established on 2007/09/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $112.8 mil, Deposits: $97.1 mil, headquarters in Farmington, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Farmington Bancorp, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Canton Branch at 245 North Main Street, branch established on 1949/07/30. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Ipava State Bank: Canton Branch at 74 East Pine Street, branch established on 2004/07/26. Info updated 2006/05/16: Bank assets: $92.1 mil, Deposits: $81.8 mil, headquarters in Ipava, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Isb Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (79%)
- Electricity (20%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Canton city (based on Fulton County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 39.12%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Church of the Nazarene|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||American Baptist Churches in the USA||United Church of Christ||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Fulton County:||1.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fulton County:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fulton County:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$12,649||$50,596||9||$4,141|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$7,179||$86,148||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||24||$117,512||$58,756||0||$0|
|Police - Other||10||$28,099||$33,719||5||$1,674|
|Fire - Other||1||$2,759||$33,108||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||4||$16,607||$49,821||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||4||$12,489||$37,467||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$7,165||$42,990||2||$3,255|
|Totals for Government||107||$458,125||$51,379||27||$17,831|
Canton government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $378,000 ($26.18)
Housing & Community Development: $61,000 ($4.23)
General: $9,000 ($0.62)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $1,840,000 ($127.45)
Fire Protection: $1,114,000 ($77.16)
Sewerage: $1,050,000 ($72.73)
Water Utilities: $992,000 ($68.71)
Regular Highways: $983,000 ($68.09)
General - Other: $511,000 ($35.40)
Financial Administration: $497,000 ($34.43)
Central Staff Services: $387,000 ($26.81)
Solid Waste Management: $322,000 ($22.30)
General Public Buildings: $151,000 ($10.46)
Parks & Recreation: $23,000 ($1.59)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $3,575,000 ($247.63)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $831,000 ($57.56)
Benefit Payments: $552,000 ($38.24)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $60,000 ($4.16)
- General - Interest on Debt: $88,000 ($6.10)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $81,000 ($5.61)
- Other Capital Outlay - Central Staff: $704,000 ($48.76)
Water Utilities: $657,000 ($45.51)
Regular Highways: $115,000 ($7.97)
Housing & Community Development: $109,000 ($7.55)
Police Protection: $104,000 ($7.20)
General - Other: $54,000 ($3.74)
Fire Protection: $23,000 ($1.59)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $3,740,000 ($259.06)
Canton government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $882,000 ($61.09)
Solid Waste Management: $280,000 ($19.39)
All Other: $73,000 ($5.06)
Parks & Recreation: $16,000 ($1.11)
Parking Facilities: $4,000 ($0.28)
- Employee Retirement - From Local Government: $225,000 ($15.58)
Local Employee Contribution: $117,000 ($8.10)
Interest Revenue: $56,000 ($3.88)
From Other Government: $26,000 ($1.80)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $78,000 ($5.40)
Housing & Community Development: $70,000 ($4.85)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $371,000 ($25.70)
Interest Earnings: $82,000 ($5.68)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,752,000 ($121.35)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $2,982,000 ($206.55)
Highways: $437,000 ($30.27)
Housing & Community Development: $27,000 ($1.87)
All Other: $16,000 ($1.11)
- Tax - Property: $1,159,000 ($80.28)
Public Utilities: $678,000 ($46.96)
NEC: $68,000 ($4.71)
Canton government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,260,000 ($87.28)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $1,150,000 ($79.66)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $110,000 ($7.62)
Canton government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $37,000 ($2.56)
- Employee Retirement - Total Other Securities: $1,413,000 ($97.87)
Total Federal Securities: $832,000 ($57.63)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $3,562,000 ($246.73)
4.27% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,248 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Peoria County, IL||0.86% ($29,107 average AGI)|
|from Tazewell County, IL||0.48% ($27,000)|
|from McDonough County, IL||0.39% ($28,636)|
4.55% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,958 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Canton:
- WBYS (1560 AM; daytime; 0 kW; CANTON, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVEL (1140 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PEKIN, IL)
- WWFS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WMBD (1470 AM; 5 kW; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAIK (1590 AM; 5 kW; GALESBURG, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Canton:
- WBYS-FM (107.9 FM; CANTON, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWCT (96.5 FM; FARMINGTON, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WPPY (101.1 FM; GLASFORD, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WCBU (89.9 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: BRADLEY UNIVERSITY)
- WIXO (99.9 FM; BARTONVILLE, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WGLO (95.5 FM; PEKIN, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WZPW (92.3 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: B&G BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WXMP (105.7 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WBNH (88.5 FM; PEKIN, IL; Owner: CENTRAL ILLINOIS RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WCIC (91.5 FM; PEKIN, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WPBG (93.3 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WFYR (97.3 FM; ELMWOOD, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WLMD (104.7 FM; BUSHNELL, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSWT (106.9 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WAAG (94.9 FM; GALESBURG, IL; Owner: GALESBURG BROADCASTING CO.)
TV broadcast stations around Canton:
- WHOI (Channel 19; PEORIA, IL; Owner: CHELSEY BROADCASTING COMPANY OF PEORIA, LLC)
- WTVP (Channel 47; PEORIA, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS VALLEY PUB TELECOMM CORP)
- WEEK-TV (Channel 25; PEORIA, IL; Owner: WEEK-TV LICENSE, INC.)
- WMBD-TV (Channel 31; PEORIA, IL; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, L.L.C.)
- WAOE (Channel 59; PEORIA, IL; Owner: FOUR SEASONS PEORIA, LLC)
- W41BO (Channel 41; PEORIA, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
Total length: 14 meters (46ft)
Total average daily traffic: 11,925
Total average daily truck traffic: 719
Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic: 12,019
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 37 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 21 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Canton, IL)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 87 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Canton)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 20 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Canton)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 52
- Hazardous Condition: 29
- Service Call: 46
- Good Intent Call: 13
Incident types - Canton
|Most common first names in Canton, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Canton, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Canton, IL|
|CVS||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||SAS Shoes||1|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
Canton on our top lists:
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Occupational and physical therapist assistants and aides (population 5,000+)"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Machinery (population 5,000+)"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Child care workers (population 5,000+)"
- #76 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest wind speed differences during a year (population 5,000+)"
- #77 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in state prisons"
- #77 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Gasoline stations (population 5,000+)"
- #78 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Computer specialists (population 5,000+)"
- #87 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #27 (61520) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Croatian first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 17 patent applications in 2008-2015.