Carthage: Carthage Mississppi-The Breezeway on Court Square
Carthage: Courthouse Square
Carthage: Carthage Mississppi-The Breezeway on Court Square
Carthage: Town square
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||29.6 years|
|Mississippi median age:||36.6 years|
Zip codes: 39051.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $14,211 (it was $12,986 in 2000)
Carthage city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $96,426 (it was $67,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $100,828; Detached houses: $110,848; Mobile homes: $8,999
Median gross rent in 2013: $601.
Races in Carthage, MS (2010)
- 2,37846.9%Black alone
- 1,89737.4%White alone
- 1162.3%American Indian alone
- 480.9%Two or more races
- 100.2%Asian alone
- 20.04%Other race alone
|Is Mississippi the last of Deep South culture? (62 replies)|
|Why I don't like Mississippi (576 replies)|
|Senatobia. (40 replies)|
|Most beautiful backroads (6 replies)|
|Is open racism still common in Mississippi? (374 replies)|
|Mississippi (15 replies)|
Latest news from Carthage, MS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (9.2%), United States (8.1%), German (5.2%), English (5.2%), Subsaharan African (3.5%), Scottish (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 9.35 square miles.
Population density: 530 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Carthage:
- High school or higher: 73.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 8.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Carthage city:
- Never married: 41.7%
- Now married: 32.1%
- Separated: 3.8%
- Widowed: 9.3%
- Divorced: 13.1%
55 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Mississippi and other state lists there were 45 registered sex offenders living in Carthage, Mississippi as of December 07, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Carthage to the number of sex offenders is 112 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $708 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $656 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jackson, MS (48.7 miles , pop. 184,256).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (166.2 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (402.4 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Redwater, MS (1.6 miles ), Standing Pine, MS (2.6 miles ), Walnut Grove, MS (3.3 miles ), Lena, MS (3.3 miles) , Sebastopol, MS (4.1 miles ), Pearl River, MS (4.2 miles ), Hillsboro, MS (4.4 miles ), Kosciusko, MS (4.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 5 buildings, average cost: $114,900
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $114,900
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $89,100
- 2000: 8 buildings, average cost: $73,800
- 2001: 17 buildings, average cost: $127,000
- 2002: 9 buildings, average cost: $95,800
- 2003: 10 buildings, average cost: $108,800
- 2004: 12 buildings, average cost: $105,500
- 2005: 13 buildings, average cost: $105,500
- 2006: 12 buildings, average cost: $105,500
- 2007: 11 buildings, average cost: $149,400
- 2008: 57 buildings, average cost: $63,600
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $300,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $210,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 32.74 N, Longitude: 89.54 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,542 (+30.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 712 (42.7%)
Area code: 601
|Crime rates in Carthage by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 266.0)||149.5||130.3||126.4||100.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Carthage detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.79|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +675 (+17.0%).
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (12%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Construction (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Manufacturing (25%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Other services, except public administration (13%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Management occupations (14%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (16%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
Average climate in Carthage, Mississippi
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Carthage-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Mississippi state average. It is 138% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/2/1967, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.7 miles away from the Carthage city center killed 2 people and injured 10 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 3/29/1976, a category F4 tornado 19.5 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 177 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Carthage-area historical earthquake activity is near Mississippi state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 139.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 173.7 miles away from Carthage center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 205.3 miles away from the city center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 93.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 119.1 miles away from Carthage center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 264.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Leake County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 7, Floods: 6, Tornadoes: 6, Freezes: 2, Hurricanes: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Earl Williamson - Mayor, Marcus Mann (basketball) - Basketball player, Winson Hudson - Civil rights activist, John Johnson (basketball) - Basketball player, O'Neal Wilder - Sprinter.
Hospitals and medical centers in Carthage:
- BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER-LEAKE (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 310 ELLIS STREET)
- HOSPICE IN HIS HANDS (242 THAGGARD ROAD)
- INFINITY HOSPICE, LLC (206 NORTH VAN BUREN STREET)
- LEAKE COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (provides emergency services, 310 ELLIS STREET)
- BAPTIST LEAKE EXTENDED CARE FACILITY (310 ELLIS STREET)
- GOLDEN LIVING CENTER-CARTHAGE (1101 EAST FRANKLIN STREET)
- DSI CARTHAGE (312 ELLIS STREET)
- STA HOME HHA OF CARTHAGE INC (P. O. BOX 366)
airports located in Carthage:
- Carthage-Leake County Airport (08M) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,800, Local Ops: 2,800)
College/University in Carthage:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Carthage:
- Holmes Community College (about 28 miles; Goodman, MS; Full-time enrollment: 5,352)
- East Central Community College (about 33 miles; Decatur, MS; FT enrollment: 2,380)
- Belhaven University (about 48 miles; Jackson, MS; FT enrollment: 3,147)
- Jackson State University (about 50 miles; Jackson, MS; FT enrollment: 7,485)
- Meridian Community College (about 54 miles; Meridian, MS; FT enrollment: 2,750)
- Mississippi College (about 55 miles; Clinton, MS; FT enrollment: 3,919)
- Hinds Community College (about 62 miles; Raymond, MS; FT enrollment: 9,115)
Public high schools in Carthage:
Public elementary/middle schools in Carthage:
- LEAKE CENTRAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 603 HWY. 16 WEST, Grades: PK-5)
- LEAKE CENTRAL JUNIOR HIGH (Location: 801 MARTIN LUTHER KING DRIVE, Grades: 6-8)
- STANDING PINE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 538 HWY 487 EAST, Grades: KG-6)
- RED WATER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 555 RED WATER ROAD, Grades: KG-8)
Notable location: Carthage Fire Depaerment (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Carthage include: Trinity Baptist Church (A), Carthage United Methodist Church (B), Saint Ann Catholic Church (C), First Baptist Church (D), Carthage Presbyterian Church (E), Mount Zion Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Mount Zion Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Carthage: McMillian Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Scott Motel (Highway 80 East), Carthage Inn Motel (711 Highway 16 East), Economy Inn (211 Highway 25 N).
Courts: Leake County - Justice Court Clerk (Court House), Carthage City - Court Clerk Office (West Main Street).
(11.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 62.7% for Black residents, 52.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 53.7% for American Indian residents)
|This city:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
140 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Carthage in 2000:
- 316 people in state prisons
- 251 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 158 people in nursing homes
- 6 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
Banks with branches in Carthage (2011 data):
- Trustmark National Bank: Drive-In Branch, Heritage Banking Group Branch, Operations Center Branch, Marketplace Branch. Info updated 2012/03/26: Bank assets: $9,612.1 mil, Deposits: $7,410.1 mil, headquarters in Jackson, MS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 186 total offices, Holding Company: Trustmark Corporation
- First Financial Bank: Carthage Bank Branch at 510 Hwy 35 S, branch established on 2006/07/10. Info updated 2006/05/23: Bank assets: $791.3 mil, Deposits: $601.4 mil, headquarters in El Dorado, AR, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: First Financial Banc Corporation
- The Citizens National Bank of Meridian: Carthage Branch at 305 South Van Buren Street, branch established on 1986/06/23. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $1,115.7 mil, Deposits: $932.3 mil, headquarters in Meridian, MS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 29 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens National Banc Corp.
- The Citizens Bank of Philadelphia, Mississippi: Carthage Branch at 301 West Main Street, branch established on 2008/11/24. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $853.7 mil, Deposits: $573.8 mil, headquarters in Philadelphia, MS, positive income, 23 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens Holding Company
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Carthage city (based on Leake County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Leake County:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mississippi:||2.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Leake County:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.03 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Carthage, MS Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||7||$10,406|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$3,206||$38,472||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||15||$49,817||$39,854||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$16,751||$33,502||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||7||$14,825||$25,414||1||$385|
|Totals for Government||54||$160,788||$35,731||9||$11,420|
Carthage government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $212,000 ($42.78)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $702,000 ($141.65)
Water Utilities: $412,000 ($83.13)
Financial Administration: $351,000 ($70.82)
Fire Protection: $309,000 ($62.35)
Regular Highways: $308,000 ($62.15)
Sewerage: $278,000 ($56.09)
Parks & Recreation: $229,000 ($46.21)
Libraries: $88,000 ($17.76)
General - Other: $38,000 ($7.67)
Welfare - Other: $11,000 ($2.22)
Health Services - Other: $11,000 ($2.22)
- General - Interest on Debt: $63,000 ($12.71)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $658,000 ($132.77)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $997,000 ($201.17)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $45,000 ($9.08)
Carthage government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $308,000 ($62.15)
All Other: $269,000 ($54.28)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Water Utilities: $185,000 ($37.33)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $146,000 ($29.46)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $258,000 ($52.06)
Interest Earnings: $178,000 ($35.92)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $368,000 ($74.25)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,362,000 ($274.82)
All Other: $39,000 ($7.87)
- Tax - Property: $474,000 ($95.64)
NEC: $23,000 ($4.64)
Carthage government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $570,000 ($115.01)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,055,000 ($212.87)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $614,000 ($123.89)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $746,000 ($150.52)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $747,000 ($150.73)
Water Utilities: $525,000 ($105.93)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $176,000 ($35.51)
Water Utilities: $45,000 ($9.08)
Carthage government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $179,000 ($36.12)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,251,000 ($454.20)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $35,000 ($7.06)
4.65% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,019 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Neshoba County, MS||0.68% ($26,872 average AGI)|
|from Scott County, MS||0.54% ($20,919)|
|from Madison County, MS||0.39% ($32,889)|
6.16% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,014 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Carthage:
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WQST (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FOREST, MS; Owner: ACE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WJDX (620 AM; 5 kW; JACKSON, MS; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWDF (720 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RICHLAND, MS; Owner: WILLIS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTN (1000 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, MS; Owner: BRAD MAURICE COTHRAN)
- WIIN (780 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RIDGELAND, MS; Owner: NEW SOUTH RADIO, INC)
- WMOX (1010 AM; 10 kW; MERIDIAN, MS; Owner: MAGNOLIA STATE B/C CO., INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WSLI (930 AM; 5 kW; JACKSON, MS; Owner: SPORTSRAD, INC.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTWZ (1120 AM; daytime; 8 kW; CLINTON, MS; Owner: WOOD BROADCASTING CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Carthage:
- WCKK (98.3 FM; CARTHAGE, MS; Owner: JOHNNY BOSWELL RADIO LLC)
- WQST-FM (92.5 FM; FOREST, MS; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- WQJQ (105.1 FM; KOSCIUSKO, MS; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZKR (103.3 FM; DECATUR, MS; Owner: PONYTAIL BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WDBT (95.5 FM; JACKSON, MS; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKXI-FM (107.5 FM; MAGEE, MS; Owner: URBAN RADIO OF MISSISSIPPI, L.L.C.)
- WMBU (89.1 FM; FOREST, MS; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WYJS (105.9 FM; PICKENS, MS; Owner: URBAN RADIO OF MISSISSIPPI, LLC)
- WLIN-FM (101.1 FM; DURANT, MS; Owner: BOSWELL RADIO, LLC)
- WZKS (104.1 FM; UNION, MS; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWSL (102.3 FM; PHILADELPHIA, MS; Owner: H & G C, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Carthage:
- WLBT (Channel 3; JACKSON, MS; Owner: CIVCO, INC.)
- WDBD (Channel 40; JACKSON, MS; Owner: WDBD LICENSE CORP.)
- WJTV (Channel 12; JACKSON, MS; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 17Number of bridges
- 75m246ftTotal length
- $503,000Total costs
- 36,840Total average daily traffic
- 3,313Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 205 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Carthage, MS)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Carthage)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 8 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Carthage)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Carthage and their reported violations in the past:CITY OF CARTHAGE (Population served: 5,075, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:FREENY W/A #1 (Population served: 3,156, Groundwater):
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2010 and MAR-2010, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (APR-05-2010), St Formal NOV issued (APR-05-2010), St Public Notif received (JUN-24-2010), St Compliance achieved (JUN-30-2010)
- One minor monitoring violation
- 259 regular monitoring violations
Past health violations:FREENY W/A #2-ROSEBUD SYSTEM (Population served: 2,820, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In FEB-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Boil Water Order (FEB-28-2008), St Public Notif requested (MAR-19-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-19-2008), St Public Notif received (MAR-24-2008)
- 176 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:EDINBURG WATER ASSOCIATION (Population served: 1,716, Groundwater):
- 235 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:GOSHEN WATER ASSOCIATION (Population served: 338, Purch groundwater):
- 174 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- 3 minor monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 248
- Hazardous Condition: 20
- Good Intent Call: 6
Incident types - Carthage
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (59%)
- Utility gas (35%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Carthage, MS|
Carthage compared to Mississippi state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Carthage on our top lists:
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest house values disparities (population 5,000+)"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest cost per building permit(population 5,000+)"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below 50% of the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Other services, except public administration (population 5,000+)"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) (population 1,000+)"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of single-parent households, population 5,000+"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2016.