|Median resident age:||33.7 years|
|Kentucky median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 42728
Casey Creek CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $64,304 (it was $45,500 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,573 (97.6%)
- Hispanic - 15 (0.9%)
- Black alone - 12 (0.7%)
- Two or more races - 7 (0.4%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.1%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.06%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.06%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 720 feet
Land area: 68.1 square miles.
Population density: 24 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Casey Creek:
- High school or higher: 53.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 18.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Casey Creek CCD:
- Never married: 18.8%
- Now married: 64.3%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 7.1%
- Divorced: 9.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Casey Creek CCD:||0.6% ($282)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fayette, KY (65.5 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (345.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Clementsville, KY (2.8 miles ), White Oak, KY (3.0 miles ), Cane Valley, KY (3.2 miles ), Dunnville, KY (3.5 miles ), Columbia, KY (3.6 miles ), Russell Springs, KY (3.6 miles ), Campbellsville, KY (3.6 miles ), Mannsville, KY (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 37.24 N, Longitude: 85.15 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 270
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (10%)
- Apparel (10%)
- Metal and metal products (8%)
- Machinery (8%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Health care (28%)
- Educational services (24%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (6%)
- Transportation equipment (5%)
- Apparel (4%)
- Construction (3%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Registered nurses (11%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (10%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Bus drivers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
Average climate in Casey Creek, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Casey Creek-area historical tornado activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 38% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1971, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.9 miles away from the Casey Creek place center killed 6 people and injured 58 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 10.0 miles away from the place center injured 56 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Casey Creek-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 94.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 171.5 miles away from Casey Creek center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 153.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 185.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 93.7 miles away from Casey Creek center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 119.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Adair County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Casey Creek:
- AMEDISYS HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- PERSONAL TOUCH HOME CARE OF KY (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- FAMILY HOME HEALTH CARE INC (Hospital, about 13 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- CASEY COUNTY HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 14 miles away; LIBERTY, KY)
- METZMEIER NH (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY)
- DAVITA - TAYLOR COUNTY DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY)
- TAYLOR REGIONAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 14 miles away; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Casey Creek:
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 13 miles; Columbia, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,552)
- Campbellsville University (about 14 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Somerset Community College (about 32 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (about 51 miles; Elizabethtown, KY; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Eastern Kentucky University (about 59 miles; Richmond, KY; FT enrollment: 13,525)
- University of the Cumberlands (about 65 miles; Williamsburg, KY; FT enrollment: 3,585)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (about 66 miles; Lexington, KY; FT enrollment: 8,560)
Notable locations in Casey Creek: Pellyton Volunteer Fire Department (A), Knifley Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Casey Creek include: Knifley Church (A), Mount Zion Church (B), Robinson Chapel (C), Barnett Creek Church (D), Union Church (E), Caldwell Church (F), Shady Grove Church (G), Christie Chapel (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Jones Cemetery (1), Callahan Cemetery (2), Heiter Cemetery (3), Parker Chapel Cemetery (4), Allen Cemetery (5), Goode Cemetery (6), Dunbar Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Barnett Creek (A), Casey Creek (B), Abells Spring Branch (C), Dry Creek (D), Bear Creek (E), Bland Branch (F), Blue Branch (G), Crooked Creek (H), Spruce Pine Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Casey Creek compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (44%)
- Wood (26%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (15%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Casey Creek CCD (based on Adair County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 47.93%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Separate Baptists in Christ||Church of the Nazarene|
|Name||Churches of Christ||Brethren in Christ Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Old Order Amish||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Adair County:||3.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Adair County:||5.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
5.92% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,488 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Russell County, KY||0.97% ($22,815 average AGI)|
|from Taylor County, KY||0.84% ($29,426)|
|from Jefferson County, KY||0.29% ($22,500)|
5.23% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($24,976 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Casey Creek:
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WIDS (570 AM; 1 kW; RUSSELL SPRINGS, KY; Owner: HAMMOND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAIN (1270 AM; 1 kW; COLUMBIA, KY)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WJKY (1060 AM; daytime; 1 kW; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WKDO (1560 AM; daytime; 1 kW; LIBERTY, KY; Owner: CARLOS WESLEY)
- WTCO (1450 AM; 1 kW; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CBC OF MARION & TAYLOR COUNTIES INC)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Casey Creek:
- WDCL-FM (89.7 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WVLC (99.9 FM; MANNSVILLE, KY; Owner: PATRICIA RODGERS)
- WCKQ (104.1 FM; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CBC OF MARION & TAYLOR COUNTIES INC)
- WXKY-FM (96.3 FM; STANFORD, KY; Owner: LINCOLN-GARRARD BROADCASTING CO.,INC)
- WJRS (104.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WHVE (92.7 FM; RUSSELL SPRINGS, KY; Owner: SHORELINE COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WAPD (91.7 FM; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WKDO-FM (98.7 FM; LIBERTY, KY; Owner: CARLOS D. WESLEY)
- WAIN-FM (93.5 FM; COLUMBIA, KY; Owner: TRI-COUNTY RADIO BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WSEK (97.1 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGRK-FM (103.1 FM; GREENSBURG, KY; Owner: GREEN COUNTY CBC, INC.)
- WMKZ (93.1 FM; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: MONTICELLO-WAYNE COUNTY MEDIA, INC.)
- WKYM (101.7 FM; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: STEPHEN W. STAPLES JR.)
- WTHL (90.5 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Casey Creek:
- WKSO-TV (Channel 29; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WBKI-TV (Channel 34; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: LOUISVILLE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WDKY-TV (Channel 56; DANVILLE, KY; Owner: WDKY LICENSEE, LLC)
- W04BP (Channel 4; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CAMPSVILLE UNIVERSITY)
Total length: 0 meters
Total average daily traffic: 828
Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic: 1,010
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KB4DIO
Grant Date: 09/18/1996, Expiration Date: 09/18/2006, Cancellation Date: 09/19/2008
Registrant: Jesse C Pullen, 8625 Knifley Rd, Casey Creek, KY 42723
Casey Creek on our top lists:
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Hardware, plumbing and heating equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Apparel"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Paper and paper product merchant wholesalers"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers"
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations:"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Water transportation"
- #32 (42728) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2004 taxes (pop 5,000+)"
- #52 (42728) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States or American first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"