Cook County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level less than 2 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Low Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 31.4. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 9.64. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.0 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µ/m3] level in 2008 was 0.00219. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.0 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Cecil and their reported violations in the past:
CECIL (Population served: 390, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between JUL-01-2004 and JUL-06-2004, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Intentional no-action (JUL-01-2004), St Compliance achieved (JUL-06-2004)
- CCR INADEQUATE REPORTING - Between FEB-21-2002 and FEB-25-2002, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-21-2002), St Compliance achieved (FEB-25-2002)
- One routine major monitoring violation
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 17.8%
(0.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 13.0% for Black residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This town: || 2.5 people|
|Georgia: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This town: || 67.3%|
|Whole state: || 68.5%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This town: || 7.1%|
|Whole state: || 5.9%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.9% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Cecil, GA
Cecil compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (59%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (30%)
- Utility gas (11%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cecil (based on Cook County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 47.83%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Cook County:||3.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|This county:||1.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Cook County:||10.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||7.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Georgia:||10.4%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||27.8%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Solid Waste Management
|Totals for Government
Cecil government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $15,000 ($53.96)
Sewerage: $7,000 ($25.18)
- Construction - General Public Buildings: $40,000 ($143.88)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $16,000 ($57.55)
Regular Highways: $15,000 ($53.96)
Water Utilities: $12,000 ($43.17)
Solid Waste Management: $11,000 ($39.57)
Central Staff Services: $10,000 ($35.97)
Sewerage: $8,000 ($28.78)
Fire Protection: $6,000 ($21.58)
General Public Buildings: $5,000 ($17.99)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $47,000 ($169.06)
General Support: $23,000 ($82.73)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $5,000 ($17.99)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $116,000 ($417.27)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $11,000 ($39.57)
- Tax - Other Selective Sales: $10,000 ($35.97)
Public Utilities: $9,000 ($32.37)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $8,000 ($28.78)
Property: $8,000 ($28.78)
NEC: $3,000 ($10.79)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $11,000 ($39.57)
7.89% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($33,529 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.62% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($24,947 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cecil:
- WJEM (1150 AM; 5 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: WJEM, INC.)
- WTHV (810 AM; daytime; 3 kW; HAHIRA, GA; Owner: ETERNAL LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMGA (1130 AM; 10 kW; MOULTRIE, GA; Owner: RADIO MOULTRIE, INC.)
- WSTT (730 AM; 25 kW; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: MARION R. WILLIAMS)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGOV (950 AM; 4 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: W G O V, INC.)
- WHGH (840 AM; daytime; 10 kW; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: H. G. H INVESTMENT CORP.)
- WMTM (1300 AM; 5 kW; MOULTRIE, GA; Owner: COLQUITT BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
- WJEP (1020 AM; daytime; 10 kW; OCHLOCKNEE, GA; Owner: LIFELINE MINISTRIES, INCORPORATED)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WOBS (1530 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WDMG (860 AM; 5 kW; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cecil:
- WDMG-FM (99.5 FM; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WJYF (95.3 FM; NASHVILLE, GA; Owner: TIFTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WDDQ (92.1 FM; ADEL, GA; Owner: WILLIAMS INVESTMENT COMPANY)
- WAFT (101.1 FM; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: CHRISTIAN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WVGA (105.9 FM; LAKELAND, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WYZK (96.7 FM; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: C. D. J., INC.)
- WAAC (92.9 FM; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: WGOV, INC.)
- WKVH (91.9 FM; MONTICELLO, FL; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- WOBB (100.3 FM; TIFTON, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFSU-FM (88.9 FM; TALLAHASSEE, FL; Owner: FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WMTM-FM (93.9 FM; MOULTRIE, GA; Owner: COLQUITT BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
- WQPW (95.7 FM; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WWET (91.7 FM; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WWRQ-FM (107.9 FM; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WTUF (106.3 FM; BOSTON, GA; Owner: BOSTON RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- WLPF (98.5 FM; OCILLA, GA; Owner: BARINOWSKI INVESTMENT COMPANY)
- WTIF-FM (107.5 FM; OMEGA, GA; Owner: OMEGA BROADCASTING CORP)
TV broadcast stations around Cecil:
- WVAG (Channel 44; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: HUTCHENS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- W25CP (Channel 25; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WBFL-CA (Channel 13; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: WTLH LICENSE CORP.)
- WBVJ-LP (Channel 35; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: WTLH LICENSE CORP.)
- WCTV (Channel 6; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: WCTV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WTWC-TV (Channel 40; TALLAHASSEE, FL; Owner: WTWC LICENSEE, LLC)
- WABW-TV (Channel 14; PELHAM, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WALB (Channel 10; ALBANY, GA; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WTLH (Channel 49; BAINBRIDGE, GA; Owner: WTLH LICENSE CORP.)
- WFXL (Channel 31; ALBANY, GA; Owner: WAITT LICENSE COMPANY OF GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
- W38CM (Channel 22; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- W33BX (Channel 33; TIFTON, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W12DA (Channel 12; TIFTON, GA; Owner: TIFT AREA TV, INC.)
Cecil fatal accident list:
Apr 22, 2005 10:25 PM, I-75 (Ga-Sr-401), Vehicles: 6, Persons: 12, Fatalities: 1
Oct 8, 2003 11:10 AM, William Street, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Dec 17, 1992 04:40 AM, I75, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Dec 22, 1990 04:46 AM, I75, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 6, Fatalities: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 2
Total length: 14 meters (46ft)
Total average daily traffic: 40,840
Total average daily truck traffic: 393
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Cecil
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- CR558, Cr558 Rr Crossing At Mp 134.04g (Lat: 31.048583 Lon: -83.393500), Type: Bant, Structure height: 2.5 m, Overall height: 3.1 m, Call Sign: WQBP453, Licensee ID: L00008014
Assigned Frequencies: 160.950 MHz, 161.535 MHz
Grant Date: 11/17/2004, Expiration Date: 11/17/2014, Certifier: Jerry R Celio
Registrant: Norfolk Southern Railway Company, 1200 Peachtree Street, Nw, Box 123, Atlanta, GA 30309, Phone: (404) 582-6224, Fax: (404) 582-6209, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KI4RON, Licensee ID: L01200068
Grant Date: 10/06/2006, Expiration Date: 10/06/2016, Certifier: Jesse J Jones
Registrant: Jesse J Jones, Cecil, GA 31627-0077
- Call Sign: KK4PMG, Licensee ID: L01773606
Grant Date: 03/15/2013, Expiration Date: 03/15/2023, Certifier: Johnny A Webb
Registrant: Johnny A Webb, 22 Railroad St, Cecil, GA 31627
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Cecil, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Cecil, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Cecil, GA
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Construction"
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Broadcasting and telecommunications"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Electrical and electronic goods merchant wholesalers"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Fire fighting and prevention workers including supervisors"
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most fatal accidents per 100,000 population from 1975 to 2008"
- #8 (31627) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Nigerian first ancestries"