|Median resident age:||42.0 years|
|Kentucky median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 42211
Cerulean Springs CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $121,304 (it was $75,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,312 (88.7%)
- Black alone - 239 (9.2%)
- Two or more races - 28 (1.1%)
- Hispanic - 16 (0.6%)
- American Indian alone - 6 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 5 (0.2%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.08%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 82.6 square miles.
Population density: 33 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Cerulean Springs:
- High school or higher: 73.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.9%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cerulean Springs CCD:
- Never married: 15.3%
- Now married: 67.0%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 8.7%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Cerulean Springs CCD:||0.6% ($437)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Clarksville, TN (38.3 miles , pop. 103,455).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Metropolitan Government, TN (81.4 miles , pop. 569,891).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (340.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Cadiz, KY (2.2 miles ), Southeast Lyon, KY (3.0 miles ), Cerulean, KY (3.2 miles ), Gracey, KY (3.6 miles) , Princeton, KY (3.6 miles ), Southwest Lyon, KY (3.8 miles) , Eddyville, KY (3.9 miles ), Kuttawa, KY (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 36.92 N, Longitude: 87.89 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 270
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (20%)
- Construction (18%)
- Transportation equipment (8%)
- Machinery (8%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Plastics and rubber products (3%)
- Health care (15%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Apparel (8%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (14%)
- Farmers and farm managers (13%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Waiters and waitresses (5%)
Average climate in Cerulean Springs, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cerulean Springs-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 58% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/4/1964, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.5 miles away from the Cerulean Springs place center killed 3 people and injured 24 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1968, a category F4 tornado 20.0 miles away from the place center killed 2 people and injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Cerulean Springs-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 106.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 74.4 miles away from Cerulean Springs center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 92.7 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 110.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 131.8 miles away from Cerulean Springs center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 108.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Trigg County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 5, Winter Storms: 3, Mudslides: 2, Snows: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Cerulean Springs:
- TRIGG COUNTY HOME HEALTH, INC (Home Health Center, about 5 miles away; CADIZ, KY)
- TRIGG CO HOSP (Hospital, about 5 miles away; CADIZ, KY)
- TRIGG COUNTY HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 5 miles away; CADIZ, KY)
- SHADY LAWN NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; CADIZ, KY)
- FMC - TRIGG COUNTY (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; CADIZ, KY)
- CALDWELL COUNTY DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; PRINCETON, KY)
- FMC - KUTTAWA DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; KUTTAWA, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cerulean Springs:
- Hopkinsville Community College (about 22 miles; Hopkinsville, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,269)
- Murray State University (about 33 miles; Murray, KY; FT enrollment: 8,930)
- Madisonville Community College (about 38 miles; Madisonville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,082)
- Austin Peay State University (about 40 miles; Clarksville, TN; FT enrollment: 8,621)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 44 miles; Paducah, KY; FT enrollment: 4,107)
- Bethel University (about 65 miles; McKenzie, TN; FT enrollment: 5,878)
- The University of Tennessee-Martin (about 68 miles; Martin, TN; FT enrollment: 7,013)
Notable locations in Cerulean Springs: Twin Trees (A), Trigg - Lyon Volunteer Fire Department (B), Cerulean Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Cerulean Springs include: Hurricane Church (A), Mount Zion Methodist Church (B), Peals Chapel (C), Rocky Ridge Baptist Church (D), Bethesda Church (E), Siloam Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Wynn Cemetery (1), Thomas Cemetery (2), Hall Cemetery (3), Boyd Cemetery (4), Turner Cemetery (5), Hanberry Cemetery (6), Bush Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Dry Creek (A), Blue Spring Branch (B), Brushy Grove Creek (C), Long Pond Branch (D), Kenady Creek (E), Hurricane Creek (F), Horse Creek (G), Goose Creek (H), Shelly Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Cerulean Springs: Prizer Point Public Use Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2011 was 79.4. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 1.91. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 9.3 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 1.97. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2011 was 37.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.1 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Cerulean Springs compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (53%)
- Electricity (39%)
- Wood (4%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cerulean Springs CCD (based on Trigg County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 71.71%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Catholic Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Trigg County:||3.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Trigg County:||3.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
6.44% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,608 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Christian County, KY||1.83% ($31,169 average AGI)|
|from Montgomery County, TN||0.35% ($32,235)|
|from Calloway County, KY||0.23% ($43,545)|
6.55% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,953 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cerulean Springs:
- WKDZ (1110 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CADIZ, KY; Owner: HAM BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WCBL (1290 AM; 5 kW; BENTON, KY; Owner: JIM W. FREELAND)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWLK (900 AM; 1 kW; EDDYVILLE, KY; Owner: TILENT, INC.)
- WPAD (1560 AM; 10 kW; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WRKY (1130 AM; 3 kW; MURRAY, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WMUF (1000 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PARIS, TN; Owner: BENTON-WEATHERFORD B/CTING OF TN,INC)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cerulean Springs:
- WVVR (100.3 FM; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WKDZ-FM (106.5 FM; CADIZ, KY; Owner: HAM BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WCVQ (107.9 FM; FORT CAMPBELL, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WCCK (95.7 FM; CALVERT CITY, KY; Owner: JIM W. FREELAND DBA FREELAND BROADCASTING)
- WVHM (90.5 FM; BENTON, KY; Owner: HEARTLAND MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WKYQ (93.3 FM; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKMS-FM (91.3 FM; MURRAY, KY; Owner: MURRAY STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WFGE (103.7 FM; MURRAY, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WAAJ (89.7 FM; BENTON, KY; Owner: HEARTLAND MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WHOP-FM (98.7 FM; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: HOP BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAVJ (104.9 FM; PRINCETON, KY; Owner: CALDWELL COUNTY CBC, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Cerulean Springs:
- WKMA-TV (Channel 35; MADISONVILLE, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WAZE-TV (Channel 19; MADISONVILLE, KY; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WCKV-LP (Channel 49; CLARKSVILLE, ETC., TN; Owner: TN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
Cerulean Springs on our top lists:
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Office supplies and stationery stores"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Petroleum and coal products"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers"