|Median resident age:||44.8 years|
|Nevada median age:||35.0 years|
Zip code: 89301
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $184,990 (it was $137,500 in 2000)
- White alone - 78 (83.9%)
- Hispanic - 10 (10.8%)
- Black alone - 2 (2.2%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (1.1%)
- Asian alone - 1 (1.1%)
- Two or more races - 1 (1.1%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 6119 feet
Land area: 2436.4 square miles.
Population density: 0.04 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Cherry Creek:
- High school or higher: 100.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 0.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cherry Creek CCD:
- Never married: 0.0%
- Now married: 0.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 0.0%
- Divorced: 100.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Cherry Creek CCD:||0.7% ($900)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: West Jordan, UT (184.7 miles , pop. 68,336).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Las Vegas, NV (252.4 miles , pop. 478,434).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (432.2 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Ruth, NV (6.2 miles ), McGill, NV (6.5 miles ), Eureka, NV (6.7 miles ), Ely, NV (6.9 miles ), Lund, NV (7.4 miles ), Lamoille, NV (7.9 miles) , Spring Creek, NV (8.0 miles ), Baker, NV (8.0 miles ).
Latitude: 39.84 N, Longitude: 115.33 W
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Cherry Creek, Nevada
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Cherry Creek-area historical earthquake activity is near Nevada state average. It is 600% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 123.5 miles away from the city center
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 174.1 miles away from Cherry Creek center
On 12/16/1954 at 11:07:12, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 149.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/24/1954 at 05:51:30, a magnitude 6.8 (6.8 UK, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 160.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/6/1954 at 11:13:18, a magnitude 6.8 (6.8 UK) earthquake occurred 170.5 miles away from Cherry Creek center
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 303.2 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in White Pine County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Snows: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cherry Creek:
- Salt Lake Community College (about 188 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; Full-time enrollment: 20,797)
- Stevens-Henager College-Murray (about 190 miles; Murray, UT; FT enrollment: 6,395)
- Western Governors University (about 192 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 31,481)
- Latter-day Saints Business College (about 192 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 2,059)
- Southern Utah University (about 194 miles; Cedar City, UT; FT enrollment: 6,522)
- Westminster College (about 194 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 2,870)
- Utah Valley University (about 194 miles; Orem, UT; FT enrollment: 24,403)
Notable locations in Cherry Creek: Angelo Belli Cabin (A), San Jose Mill (B), Warm Springs Ranch (C), Social Company Mill (D), Murphy Ranch (E), Green Ranch (F), Cordano Ranch (G), Indian Ranch (H), Paris Ranch (I), Gibson Windmill (J), Snow Creek Ranch (K), Stratton Ranch (L), Foppiano Ranch (M), Salvi Ranch (N), Madellina Ranch (O), Blue Jay Ranch (P), Thirtymile Ranch (Q), Cow Camp (R), Johnson Ranch (S), Fort Ruby Ranch (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Banana Pond (A), Burro Lake (B), County Line Pond (C), Brush Pile Pond (D), Y Pond (E), Silver Tank (F), Dry Reservoir (G), Hunter Tank (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Conners Creek (A), Snow Creek (B), Sestanovich Creek (C), Telegraph Creek (D), Antone Creek (E), Long Valley Slough (F), Thirtymile Wash (G), White Sage Wash (H), Combs Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||1.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Cherry Creek compared to Nevada state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cherry Creek CCD (based on White Pine County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 55.54%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|White Pine County:||4.39 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nevada:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|White Pine County:||3.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nevada:||1.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|White Pine County:||5.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|White Pine County:||32.9%|
8.08% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,949 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Clark County, NV||1.29% ($54,273 average AGI)|
|from Washoe County, NV||0.44% ($32,667)|
|from Elko County, NV||0.38% ($31,000)|
8.00% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($41,651 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cherry Creek:
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KTKK (630 AM; 10 kW; SANDY, UT; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cherry Creek:
- KWPR (88.7 FM; LUND, NV; Owner: NEVADA PUBLIC RADIO CORPORATION)
- K220DT (91.9 FM; ELY, ETC., NV; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Cherry Creek:
- K05JU (Channel 5; ELKO, NV; Owner: ELKO TELEVISION DISTRICT)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Victoria Peak, 55 Km Ne Of (Lat: 40.322778 Lon: -114.563250), Type: Pipe, Structure height: 4.5 m, Overall height: 5.5 m, Call Sign: WQJS224
Assigned Frequencies: 159.180 MHz
Grant Date: 12/09/2008, Expiration Date: 12/09/2018, Certifier: Joe Christensen
Registrant: Region 4 Fcca, 1104 1st Street, Steilacoom, WA 98388, Phone: (253) 831-3017
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- CHERRY CREEK, 9.5 Mi Ese (Lat: 39.876278 Lon: -114.726361), Type: Tower, Structure height: 9 m, Call Sign: WMQ852
Assigned Frequencies: 6422.50 MHz
Grant Date: 07/07/2010, Expiration Date: 08/01/2020
Registrant: At&t Nevada, 2700 Watt Avenue, Room 3082, Sacramento, CA 95851-1038, Phone: (916) 972-2608, Fax: (916) 489-6305, Email:
- COLDCREEKRAN, Strawberry Road (Lat: 39.842000 Lon: -115.746917), Type: Tower, Structure height: 10.1 m, Call Sign: WQNG529
Assigned Frequencies: 11305.0 MHz
Grant Date: 01/31/2011, Expiration Date: 01/31/2021, Certifier: Amos Raddatz
Registrant: Ucs Wireless, 8755 South 300 W, Sandy, UT 84070, Phone: (801) 561-3300, Fax: (801) 561-3363
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1