We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||32.9 years|
|Mississippi median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 38645.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $15,584 (it was $12,611 in 2000)
Clarksdale city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $66,918 (it was $51,600 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $591.
Races in Clarksdale, MS (2010)
- 14,14078.7%Black alone
- 3,46019.3%White alone
- 980.5%Asian alone
- 710.4%Two or more races
- 180.1%American Indian alone
- 70.04%Other race alone
|Clarksdale Commons, Clarksdale, Mississippi (38 replies)|
|Flag trouble stirs again. (396 replies)|
|MS's new motto, "At least we're not WV (or LA)!" (70 replies)|
|Public Policies that could enable Mississippi to grow in population (139 replies)|
|Key report confirms Mississippi losing millennials faster than any other state (34 replies)|
|Official Rhythm and Blues Museum in Clarksdale (5 replies)|
Latest news from Clarksdale, MS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (3.3%), American (2.5%), Irish (1.5%), Italian (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 180 feet
Land area: 13.8 square miles.
Population density: 1,229 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Clarksdale:
- High school or higher: 79.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 10.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Clarksdale city:
- Never married: 43.1%
- Now married: 33.8%
- Separated: 6.2%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 8.0%
165 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Mississippi and other state lists there were 49 registered sex offenders living in Clarksdale, Mississippi as of January 20, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Clarksdale to the number of sex offenders is 347 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,006 (1.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $693 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Memphis, TN (72.2 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (371.2 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Lyon, MS (1.5 miles ), Farrell, MS (2.7 miles ), Jonestown, MS (3.3 miles ), Alligator, MS (3.4 miles ), Coahoma, MS (3.5 miles ), Friars Point, MS (3.5 miles ), Duncan, MS (3.8 miles ), Tutwiler, MS (3.9 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $70,800
- 1999: 11 buildings, average cost: $97,200
- 2000: 6 buildings, average cost: $88,800
- 2001: 13 buildings, average cost: $111,300
- 2002: 11 buildings, average cost: $137,800
- 2005: 13 buildings, average cost: $152,400
- 2007: 12 buildings, average cost: $148,100
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $134,100
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $47,100
- 2011: 7 buildings, average cost: $78,100
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $70,900
- 2013: 3 buildings, average cost: $118,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.20 N, Longitude: 90.57 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +829 (+4.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,779 (66.8%)
Area code: 662
|Crime rates in Clarksdale by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 281.7)||498.5||601.3||617.8||593.4||663.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Clarksdale detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.06|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -1,078 (-5.0%).
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (7%)
- Construction (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (10%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (17%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
Average climate in Clarksdale, Mississippi
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Clarksdale-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Mississippi state average. It is 71% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/24/2001, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 24.2 miles away from the Clarksdale city center injured 48 people and caused $4 million in damages.
On 2/21/1971, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 41.3 miles away from the city center killed 47 people and injured 510 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Clarksdale-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Mississippi state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 100.5 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 169.0 miles away from Clarksdale center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 114.8 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 115.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 133.1 miles away from Clarksdale center
On 3/25/1976 at 01:00:11, a magnitude 4.5 (4.1 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 97.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Coahoma County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 7, Winds: 2, Freeze: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Sam Cooke - Singer-songwriter, Alfonso Ratliff - Boxer, Blac Elvis - Hip hop record producer, Charlie Conerly - Football player, Earl Barron - NBA player (Miami Heat, born: Aug 14, 1981), Ike Turner, Johnny B. Moore - Chicago blues and electric blues guitarist, Junior Parker - Memphis blues singer and musician, Larry A. Thompson - Film producer, Mario Haggan - 2005 NFL player (Buffalo Bills, born: Mar 3, 1980).
Hospitals and medical centers in Clarksdale:
- DELTA MANOR (701 US HIGHWAY 322 WEST)
- HEALING HANDS HOSPICE (1742 NORTH STATE STREET)
- HOSPICE OF NORTH MS CLARKSDALE (223 SHARKEY AVENUE)
- MEMORIAL HOSPICE, INC (600 OHIO STREET)
- MID SOUTH HOSPICE (160 ANDERSON BLVD)
- NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Proprietary, 1970 HOSPITAL DRIVE)
- CLARKSDALE NURSING CENTER (1120 RITCHIE AVE/PO BOX 1304)
- GREENBOUGH NURSING CENTER (340 DESOTO AVE EXTENDED)
- RCG CLARKSDALE (2010 N. STATE ST.)
- MID DELTA HH OF CHARLESTON INC (222 ISSAQUENA AVENUE)
Airports and heliports located in Clarksdale:
- Fletcher Field Airport (CKM) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 16,664, Local Ops: 19,465, Military Ops: 74)
- Shannon Field Airport (02CD) (Runways: 1)
- Nwmrmc Heliport (MS94)
College/University in Clarksdale:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Clarksdale:
- Delta State University (about 33 miles; Cleveland, MS; Full-time enrollment: 3,304)
- Northwest Mississippi Community College (about 46 miles; Senatobia, MS; FT enrollment: 6,607)
- Mississippi Valley State University (about 50 miles; Itta Bena, MS; FT enrollment: 2,233)
- Mississippi Delta Community College (about 53 miles; Moorhead, MS; FT enrollment: 2,100)
- University of Mississippi (about 61 miles; University, MS; FT enrollment: 17,642)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (about 72 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 8,043)
- University of Memphis (about 72 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 17,427)
Public high schools in Clarksdale:
- CLARKSDALE HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 1101 WILDCAT DRIVE, Grades: 10-12)
- JEROME W. STAMPLEY 9TH GRADE ACADEM (Location: 301 WASHINGTON AVENUE, Grades: 9)
- CARL KEEN VOC (Location: WALNUT STREET, Grades: 7-12)
- COAHOMA AGRICULTURAL HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 3240 FRIARS POINT ROAD, Grades: 9-12)
- COAHOMA COUNTY JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 1535 LEE DRIVE, Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Clarksdale:
- W.A. HIGGINS MIDDLE SCHOOL ACADEMY (Location: 1749 CHESTNUT STREET, Grades: 7-8)
- MYRTLE HALL IV LANG. IMMERSION (Location: 700 5TH STREET, Grades: PK-4)
- HEIDELBERG SCHOOL MATH & SCIENCE (Location: 801 MAPLE AVE., Grades: PK-4)
- KIRKPATRICK HEALTH /WELLNESS (Location: 1101 SMITH STREET, Grades: PK-4)
- OAKHURST INTERMEDIATE ACADEMY (Location: 120 WEST SECOND STREET, Grades: 5-6)
- GEO H OLIVER VISUAL/PERF. ARTS (Location: 871 RITCHIE AVENUE, Grades: KG-4)
- BOOKER T WASHINGTON INTERN. STUDIES (Location: 1806 SUNFLOWER AVE. EXTENSION, Grades: PK-4)
- SHERARD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 3105 BOBO-SHERARD ROAD, Grades: PK-6)
Private elementary/middle schools in Clarksdale:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Birthplace of singer Muddy Waters
- Morgan FREEMON the oscar winning actor is also a resident of clarksdale . added by Roosevelt
- Birthplace of singer Ike Turner
- Birthplace of singer Sam Cooke
Notable locations in Clarksdale: Clarksdale Country Club (A), Coahoma County Courthouse (B), Carnegie Library (C), Clarksdale City Hall (D), Delta Blues Museum (E), Clarksdale Fire Department Central Station (F), Clarksdale Fire Department Station 3 (G), Clarksdale Fire Department Station 4 (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Westgate Shopping Center (1), Oakhurst Village Shopping Center (2), Anderson Shopping Plaza Shopping Center (3), Clarksdale Shopping Center (4), Commerce Plaza Shopping Center (5), Desoto Shopping Center (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Clarksdale include: New Hope Church (A), Rayford Chapel Baptist Church (B), Friendship African Methodist Episcopal Church (C), Union Grove Baptist Church (D), Silent Grove Baptist Church (E), Saint Pauls United Methodist Church (F), Saint James Temple Church of God in Christ (G), Saint Georges Episcopal Church (H), Saint Elizabeth Catholic Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oakridge Cemetery (1), Pawpaw Cemetery (2), Beth Israel Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Mill Creek (A), Little Sunflower River (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Clarksdale include: Dixie Youth Park (1), Anderson Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Hopson Preservation CO (8141 Old Highway 49).
Hotels: Budget Inn (420 South State Street), Best Western (710 South State Street), Comfort Inn Clarksdale (818 South State Street), Hicks Motel (730 Lincoln Place), Clarksdale-Days Inn (1910 N State St), Riverside Hotel (615 Sunflower Avenue), Econo Lodge (350 South State Street), Fax Hampton Inn (710 South State Street), Best Western Executive Inn (710 South State Street).
Courts: Coahoma County - Circuit Court Judge (115 1st Street), Coahoma County - Justice Court Clerk (71 Sunflower Avenue), Coahoma County - Passports (Court House), Coahoma County - Youth Court Temporary Housing Facility (310 Anderson Boulevard), Coahoma County - Circuit Court Clerk (115 1st Street), Clarksdale City - Court Clerk's Office (121 Sunflower Avenue), Coahoma County Circuit Court (115 1st Street), Court Square Rural Health Clinic (406 Court Street), Coahoma County - Youth Court- Dhs Counselor (63 Sunflower Avenue).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2011 was 52.2. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2011 was 10.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.0 miles away from the city center.
(7.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 41.4% for Black residents, 13.2% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Clarksdale in 2010:
- 148 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 138 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 82 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 5 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Clarksdale in 2000:
- 173 people in nursing homes
- 145 people in schools, hospitals, or wards for the mentally retarded
- 129 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 121 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 7 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
Banks with branches in Clarksdale (2011 data):
- First National Bank of Clarksdale: Nortside Branch, Westgate Branch, First National Bank Of Clarksdale. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $320.7 mil, Deposits: $265.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: First Valley National Corp.
- CB&S Bank, Inc.: Clarksdale Main Branch at 301 John Hooker Lane, branch established on 1931/03/10; Clarksdale Branch at 720 Desoto Avenue, branch established on 2007/01/29. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $1,276.1 mil, Deposits: $1,018.1 mil, headquarters in Russellville, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 42 total offices, Holding Company: Cbs Banc-Corp.
- Regions Bank: 205 East 2nd Street Branch at 211 East 2nd Street, branch established on 1900/09/15; Westside Branch at 109 Anderson Boulevard, branch established on 1975/03/05. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Covenant Bank: 61 Branch at 622 South State Street, branch established on 2009/06/01; at 206 Sharkey Avenue, branch established on 2000/10/25. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $230.7 mil, Deposits: $183.6 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Covenant Financial Corporation
- Woodforest National Bank: Ms Clarksdale at 1000 S State Street, branch established on 2009/08/15. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
- Southern Bancorp Bank: Clarksdale Branch at 875 South State Street, branch established on 2001/01/15. Info updated 2010/06/01: Bank assets: $1,146.8 mil, Deposits: $966.8 mil, headquarters in Arkadelphia, AR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 40 total offices, Holding Company: Southern Bancorp, Inc
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Clarksdale city (based on Coahoma County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Coahoma County:||3.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mississippi:||2.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coahoma County:||1.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mississippi:||0.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coahoma County:||6.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.03 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Clarksdale, MS Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$17,774||$35,548||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||10||$31,020||$37,224||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||36||$106,710||$35,570||0||$0|
|Police - Other||7||$19,406||$33,267||1||$323|
|Streets and Highways||10||$26,045||$31,254||2||$5,110|
|Solid Waste Management||7||$16,218||$27,802||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,156||$25,872||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||6||$9,427||$18,854||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||209||$695,603||$39,939||5||$7,251|
Clarksdale government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - General - Other: $1,834,000 ($107.81)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $18,627,000 ($1095.00)
Sewerage: $3,027,000 ($177.94)
Police Protection: $2,587,000 ($152.08)
Local Fire Protection: $2,099,000 ($123.39)
Water Utilities: $1,630,000 ($95.82)
Solid Waste Management: $1,301,000 ($76.48)
Regular Highways: $990,000 ($58.20)
General - Other: $656,000 ($38.56)
Central Staff Services: $441,000 ($25.92)
Judicial and Legal Services: $381,000 ($22.40)
Health - Other: $212,000 ($12.46)
Parks and Recreation: $119,000 ($7.00)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $105,000 ($6.17)
Financial Administration: $101,000 ($5.94)
General Public Buildings: $73,000 ($4.29)
- General - Interest on Debt: $5,672,000 ($333.43)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $391,000 ($22.99)
Local Fire Protection: $332,000 ($19.52)
Solid Waste Management: $201,000 ($11.82)
General Public Building: $43,000 ($2.53)
Police Protection: $21,000 ($1.23)
Central Staff Services: $14,000 ($0.82)
Regular Highways: $9,000 ($0.53)
Judicial and Legal Services: $3,000 ($0.18)
Parks and Recreation: $3,000 ($0.18)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $2,000 ($0.12)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $5,702,000 ($335.19)
Clarksdale government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $4,310,000 ($253.37)
Solid Waste Management: $1,450,000 ($85.24)
Parks and Recreation: $24,000 ($1.41)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $38,000 ($2.23)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $491,000 ($28.86)
Highways: $147,000 ($8.64)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $764,000 ($44.91)
Fines and Forfeits: $485,000 ($28.51)
General Revenue, NEC: $425,000 ($24.98)
Special Assessments: $30,000 ($1.76)
Rents: $23,000 ($1.35)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $26,250,000 ($1543.12)
Water Utilities: $2,321,000 ($136.44)
- State Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $2,861,000 ($168.19)
All Other: $1,574,000 ($92.53)
- Tax - Property: $3,620,000 ($212.80)
Public Utilities Sales: $337,000 ($19.81)
Other License: $113,000 ($6.64)
Alcoholic Beverage License: $13,000 ($0.76)
Clarksdale government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $128,997,000 ($7583.15)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $126,730,000 ($7449.89)
Beginning Outstanding - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $7,600,000 ($446.77)
Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $7,200,000 ($423.26)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $3,242,000 ($190.58)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $975,000 ($57.32)
Retired Nonguaranteed - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $400,000 ($23.51)
Clarksdale government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Bond Funds - Cash and Securities: $2,708,000 ($159.19)
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $11,537,000 ($678.21)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $7,588,000 ($446.06)
4.48% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($23,147 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Bolivar County, MS||0.38% ($23,375 average AGI)|
|from Tunica County, MS||0.38% ($24,250)|
|from Shelby County, TN||0.38% ($20,688)|
5.50% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,667 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Clarksdale:
- WROX (1450 AM; 1 kW; CLARKSDALE, MS; Owner: DELTA RADIO, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WSAO (1140 AM; daytime; 5 kW; SENATOBIA, MS; Owner: JESSE C. ROSS AND ERNESTINE A. ROSS)
- KWAM (990 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Clarksdale:
- WWUN-FM (101.5 FM; CLARKSDALE, MS; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WKXY (92.1 FM; CLARKSDALE, MS; Owner: CLARKSDALE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WAID (106.5 FM; CLARKSDALE, MS; Owner: RADIO CLEVELAND, INC.)
- WKDJ-FM (96.5 FM; CLARKSDALE, MS; Owner: RADIO CLEVELAND, INC.)
- KFFA-FM (103.1 FM; HELENA, AR; Owner: DELTA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMAV-FM (90.3 FM; OXFORD, MS; Owner: MISSISSIPPI AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- KJIW-FM (94.5 FM; HELENA, AR; Owner: ELIJAH MONDY,JR.)
- WDFX (98.3 FM; CLEVELAND, MS; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WMJW (107.5 FM; ROSEDALE, MS; Owner: RADIO CLEVELAND, INC.)
- KCLT (104.9 FM; WEST HELENA, AR; Owner: WEST HELENA B/CASTERS)
TV broadcast stations around Clarksdale:
- WPRQ-LP (Channel 12; CLARKSDALE, MS; Owner: DAVID ELLINGTON)
- WABG-TV (Channel 6; GREENWOOD, MS; Owner: MISSISSIPPI BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WMAV-TV (Channel 18; OXFORD, MS; Owner: MISSISSIPPI AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION)
- WXVT (Channel 15; GREENVILLE, MS; Owner: SAGA BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W41BV (Channel 41; GRENADA, MS; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 21Number of bridges
- 185m607ftTotal length
- $1,982,000Total costs
- 112,350Total average daily traffic
- 14,575Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 92 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Clarksdale, MS)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Clarksdale)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 44 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Clarksdale)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Clarksdale and their reported violations in the past:CLARKSDALE PUBLIC UTILITIES (Population served: 20,615, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 189 regular monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Clarksdale that have no violations reported:
- COAHOMA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Population served: 2,000, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
- COAHOMA UTILITY DIST #2 (Population served: 264, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 210
- Hazardous Condition: 30
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Clarksdale
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Clarksdale, Mississippi:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, 350 S State St, Clarksdale, Mississippi 38614 , Phone: (662) 621-1110, Fax: (662) 621-9838
- Hampton Inn, 15000 New Africa Rd, Clarksdale, Mississippi 38614 , Phone: (662) 621-1717
|Most common first names in Clarksdale, MS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Clarksdale, MS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (68%)
- Electricity (32%)
|Businesses in Clarksdale, MS|
|Domino's Pizza||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
|Firestone Complete Auto Care||1||Subway||2|
|Jones New York||2||Taco Bell||1|
Clarksdale compared to Mississippi state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
Clarksdale on our top lists:
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of burglaries per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of murders per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of arson incidents per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of single-parent households, population 5,000+"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest positive percentage difference between never married females and males (15+ years) (with at least 1,000 females never married)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Arts, entertainment, and recreation (population 5,000+)"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage population decrease from 2000 (population 5,000+)"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in schools, hospitals, or wards for the mentally retarded (population 1,000+)"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest household incomes disparities (population 5,000+)"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Arts, entertainment, and recreation (population 5,000+)"
- #90 on the list of "Top 100 cities with declining populations from 2000 to 2014 (pop. 5,000+)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Obama (Democrat) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2019.