We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||57.7 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54844.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,685 (it was $15,355 in 2000)
Clover town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $167,085 (it was $94,500 in 2000)
Races in Clover, WI (2010)
- 21395.5%White alone
- 41.8%Two or more races
- 20.9%American Indian alone
- 10.4%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- How Does the Presence of a Major Employer Affect Crime Rates? Feb 10
- Prosper default rate decreased in 2014 Feb 8
- How important is peer-to-peer loan diversification? Feb 6
- Where Do the Young and Old People Live, and How Has That Changed Over the Years? Feb 4
- Reasons for getting a Lending Club loan Feb 2
Latest news from Clover, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (27.5%), Swedish (11.8%), Irish (10.9%), English (8.5%), Norwegian (7.1%), Polish (6.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 671 feet
Land area: 59.6 square miles.
Population density: 3.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Clover:
- High school or higher: 85.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.8%
- Unemployed: 12.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Clover town:
- Never married: 15.5%
- Now married: 49.4%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 25.0%
3 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Clover town:||1.8% ($1,688)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (41.6 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (155.6 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (384.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Herbster, WI (1.9 miles) , Bell, WI (2.5 miles ), Port Wing, WI (2.6 miles ), Cornucopia, WI (2.8 miles) , Orienta, WI (3.4 miles) , Tripp, WI (3.6 miles ), Bayview, WI (3.7 miles ), Pilsen, WI (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 46.79 N, Longitude: 91.24 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (22%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (16%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Lumber and other construction materials merchant wholesalers (8%)
- Paper (6%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Educational services (24%)
- Health care (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (8%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (12%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (12%)
- Carpenters (12%)
- Woodworkers (10%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Secondary school teachers (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
- Registered nurses (13%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (13%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (13%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (8%)
- Operations specialties managers except financial managers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Other health diagnosing and treating practitioners and technical occupations (5%)
Average climate in Clover, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Clover-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 242.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 253.7 miles away from Clover center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 277.5 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 433.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 386.2 miles away from Clover center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 219.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bayfield County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Clover:
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 41 miles; Duluth, MN; Full-time enrollment: 10,612)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 41 miles; Superior, WI; FT enrollment: 2,302)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 42 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Lake Superior College (about 43 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 79 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- Michigan Technological University (about 130 miles; Houghton, MI; FT enrollment: 6,078)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 136 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
Notable locations in Clover: Cranberry River State Fishery Area (A), South Shore Area Ambulance Service (B), Herbster Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Herbster Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lake: Lake Lenawee (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Rivers and creeks: Lenawee Creek (A), Cranberry River (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Clover include: Bark Bay Slough State Natural Area (1), Flag River State Wildlife Area (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||1.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.9% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Clover compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (59%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (18%)
- Wood (15%)
- Electricity (8%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Clover town (based on Bayfield County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bayfield County:||3.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bayfield County:||8.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||26.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($49,643 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ashland County, WI||0.88% ($28,127 average AGI)|
|from Douglas County, WI||0.58% ($40,111)|
|from St. Louis County, MN||0.26% ($37,500)|
4.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,601 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Clover:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- KDAL (610 AM; 5 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WNMT (650 AM; 10 kW; NASHWAUK, MN; Owner: MIDWEST RADIO NETWORK, L.L.C.)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Clover:
- WEGZ (105.9 FM; WASHBURN, WI; Owner: KEWEENAW BAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNXR (107.3 FM; IRON RIVER, WI; Owner: GERALD J. HACKMAN)
- WHSA (89.9 FM; BRULE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KBMX (107.7 FM; PROCTOR, MN; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF DULUTH, INC.)
- WWAX (92.1 FM; HERMANTOWN, MN; Owner: RED ROCK RADIO CORP.)
- WJJH (96.7 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSCN (100.5 FM; CLOQUET, MN; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Clover:
- WDIO-TV (Channel 10; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WDIO-TV, LLC)
- WAST-LP (Channel 25; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: RESOURCE RECOVERY OF WISCONSIN, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 8m26ftTotal length
- $167,000Total costs
- 2,372Total average daily traffic
- 287Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,738Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:2
- Wayne S Reese, 3722 Carstens Lake Road (Lat: 44.026111 Lon: -87.692889), Type: 106.1, Overall height: 105.2 m
Registrant: 7158421437, Tim.Laes@mwcradio.Com, 904 GRAND AVENUE
- John S Neely, 3722 Carstens Lake Road (Lat: 44.026111 Lon: -87.692889), Type: 106.1, Structure height: 55071 m, Overall height: 105.2 m
Registrant: 7158421437, Tim.Laes@mwcradio.Com, 904 GRAND AVENUE