|Median resident age:||51.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54521.
Cloverland town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $213,966 (it was $135,600 in 2000)
- White alone - 989 (96.1%)
- Two or more races - 15 (1.5%)
- Hispanic - 14 (1.4%)
- Asian alone - 8 (0.8%)
- American Indian alone - 3 (0.3%)
Latest news from Cloverland, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (54.3%), Polish (22.7%), English (10.4%), Irish (9.2%), Swedish (6.0%), Norwegian (4.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 804 feet
Land area: 31.4 square miles.
Population density: 33 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Cloverland:
- High school or higher: 88.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.6%
- Unemployed: 5.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cloverland town:
- Never married: 13.6%
- Now married: 70.4%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 9.2%
10 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Cloverland town:||1.1% ($1,434)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Green Bay, WI (118.9 miles , pop. 102,313).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (193.8 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (295.9 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: St. Germain, WI (2.3 miles ), Eagle River, WI (2.5 miles ), Lincoln, WI (2.6 miles ), Sugar Camp, WI (2.8 miles ), Conover, WI (2.9 miles ), Sayner, WI (2.9 miles ), Plum Lake, WI (3.1 miles ), Newbold, WI (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 45.94 N, Longitude: 89.37 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Publishing, and motion picture and sound recording industries (5%)
- Personal and laundry services (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Carpenters (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
Average climate in Cloverland, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cloverland-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 56% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/25/1950, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.9 miles away from the Cloverland town center killed 2 people and injured 12 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.8 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 8 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Cloverland-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 97% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 321.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 310.8 miles away from Cloverland center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 334.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 507.9 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 291.9 miles away from Cloverland center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 543.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Vilas County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Cloverland:
- EAGLE RIVER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 6 miles away; EAGLE RIVER, WI)
- EAGLE RIVER HLTH CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; EAGLE RIVER, WI)
- DR KATE'S WOODLAND MANOR (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; WOODRUFF, WI)
- DAVITA - NORTHERN STAR DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; WOODRUFF, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cloverland:
- Northcentral Technical College (about 68 miles; Wausau, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,356)
- Michigan Technological University (about 91 miles; Houghton, MI; FT enrollment: 6,078)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 99 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Northern Michigan University (about 104 miles; Marquette, MI; FT enrollment: 8,258)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 110 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 116 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 6,069)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (about 121 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 5,415)
Notable locations in Cloverland: Otter Rapids Golf Course (A), Highway G Landfill and Waste Processing Facility (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Muskellunge Lake (A), Nelson Lake (B), Perch Lake (C), Pickerel Lake (D), Pincherry Lake (E), Range Line Lake (F), Rice Lake (G), Seneca Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Boot Creek (A), Pine Creek (B), Brazell Creek (C), Pickerel Creek (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 53.0. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2003 was 1.94. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 33.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 11.0. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 5.19. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 0.00227. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Cloverland compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (47%)
- Utility gas (32%)
- Wood (9%)
- Electricity (7%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cloverland town (based on Vilas County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 54.94%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Church of Christ||Lutheran Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Evangelical Free Church of America||The Evangelical Covenant Church||New Testament Association Independent Baptist Churches/Other Fundamental Baptists||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Vilas County:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vilas County:||0.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vilas County:||11.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||38.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
6.02% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($48,375 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Oneida County, WI||1.04% ($27,250 average AGI)|
|from Waukesha County, WI||0.38% ($106,343)|
|from Milwaukee County, WI||0.30% ($40,143)|
5.57% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($44,043 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cloverland:
- WERL (950 AM; 1 kW; EAGLE RIVER, WI)
- WLKD (1570 AM; 5 kW; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WOBT (1240 AM; 1 kW; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cloverland:
- WXPR (91.7 FM; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: WHITE PINE COMMUNITY B/CASTING, INC.)
- WRJO (94.5 FM; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: BERNER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLSL (93.7 FM; THREE LAKES, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF RHINELANDER, INC.)
- WMQA-FM (95.9 FM; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRLO-FM (105.3 FM; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WRHN (100.1 FM; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Cloverland:
- WYOW (Channel 34; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WJFW-TV (Channel 12; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NORTHLAND TELEVISION, INC.)
- W57AR (Channel 57; SAYNER/VILAS COUNTY, WI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WLEF-TV (Channel 36; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- W04CS (Channel 4; CRANDON, WI; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W31BA (Channel 31; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WTPX (Channel 46; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: PAXSON WAUSAU LICENSE, INC.)
Total length: 7 meters (23ft)
Total average daily traffic: 6,500
Total average daily truck traffic: 325
Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic: 9,470