We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.7 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53506.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $44,792 (it was $27,920 in 2000)
Clyde town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $220,320 (it was $126,900 in 2000)
Races in Clyde, WI (2010)
- 29195.1%White alone
- 51.6%Two or more races
- 10.3%Asian alone
|Can you suggest any Madison movies, books, singer-songwriters, urban folk singers, or comedians? (11 replies)|
|Verona/Madison - Things to do (2 replies)|
Latest news from Clyde, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (34.5%), English (16.8%), Irish (14.6%), Norwegian (11.2%), United States (4.7%), Polish (3.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 34.1 square miles.
Population density: 9.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Clyde:
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.7%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Clyde town:
- Never married: 28.6%
- Now married: 56.5%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 4.4%
- Divorced: 8.1%
19 residents are foreign born (3.4% Asia, 2.5% Europe).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Clyde town:||1.0% ($1,250)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Madison, WI (42.3 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (157.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Lone Rock, WI (2.0 miles ), Avoca, WI (2.5 miles ), Wyoming, WI (2.5 miles ), Gotham, WI (2.7 miles) , Buena Vista, WI (2.9 miles ), Spring Green, WI (3.0 miles ), Highland, WI (3.1 miles ), Sextonville, WI (3.3 miles ).
Latitude: 43.13 N, Longitude: 90.23 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (25%)
- Construction (22%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (4%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Electronic shopping and mail-order houses (4%)
- Electronic shopping and mail-order houses (19%)
- Health care (13%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (6%)
- Sporting goods, camera, and hobby and toy stores (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (16%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (13%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Accountants and auditors (9%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (7%)
- Business operations specialists (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (6%)
Average climate in Clyde, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Clyde-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 56% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 16.9 miles away from the Clyde town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/3/1983, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 12.3 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Clyde-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 346.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 134.2 miles away from Clyde center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 322.3 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 105.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 378.4 miles away from Clyde center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 345.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Iowa County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 10, Floods: 9, Tornadoes: 6, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Clyde:
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 31 miles; Platteville, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,679)
- Edgewood College (about 42 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 2,455)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 42 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 42 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
- Madison Area Technical College (about 46 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 9,603)
- Herzing University-Madison (about 48 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 3,160)
- Viterbo University (about 69 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
Notable locations in Clyde: Gilbertson Farms (A), Lone Rock Boat Landing (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Clyde: Saint Malachy Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: North Otter Creek Cemetery (1), Saint Malachy Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Otter Creek (A), Penn Hollow Creek (B), Norway Hollow Creek (C), Smoky Hollow Creek (D), Pompey Pillar Creek (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.6% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Clyde town (based on Iowa County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Iowa County:||2.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa County:||6.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.36% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,434 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dane County, WI||1.53% ($45,243 average AGI)|
|from Grant County, WI||0.87% ($29,298)|
|from Lafayette County, WI||0.42% ($30,366)|
6.25% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,033 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Clyde:
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLMV (1480 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTDY (1670 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRCO (1450 AM; 1 kW; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WHA (970 AM; 5 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD REGENTS OF UNIV OF WI SYSTEM)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Clyde:
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WDMP-FM (99.3 FM; DODGEVILLE, WI; Owner: DODGE POINT BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WJTY (88.1 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: JOY PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WERN (88.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WIBA-FM (101.5 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZEE (104.1 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WORT (89.9 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: BACK PORCH RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCJZ (96.3 FM; SAUK CITY, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRCO-FM (100.9 FM; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WGLR-FM (97.7 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: QUEENB RADIO WISCONSIN, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Clyde:
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WMTV (Channel 15; MADISON, WI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 10Number of bridges
- 35m115ftTotal length
- $3,388,000Total costs
- 10,670Total average daily traffic
- 520Total average daily truck traffic
- 13,335Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (61%)
- Wood (24%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (11%)
- Electricity (4%)
Clyde compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.