Comanche: Water Tower
Comanche: Carving in the City Park
Comanche: Alamo Construction from Kingsville, TX restored the historic Old Cora Courthouse.
Comanche: Confederate Veterans Memorial, in front of the Comanche County Courthouse, Comanche, Texas
Comanche: While in Comanche, visit Old Cora, Texas' oldest existing log cabin courthouse!
Comanche: Alamo Construction from Kingsville, TX restored the historic Old Cora Courthouse.
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||40.5 years|
|Texas median age:||34.5 years|
Zip codes: 76442.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $16,199 (it was $12,155 in 2000)
Comanche city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $74,356 (it was $38,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $97,856; Detached houses: $101,570; Mobile homes: $58,154
Median gross rent in 2016: $513.
Races in Comanche, TX (2010)
- 2,72562.9%White alone
- 310.7%Two or more races
- 150.3%Asian alone
- 90.2%American Indian alone
- 30.07%Other race alone
- 10.02%Black alone
|Saw "burn ban" signs on Comanche Trail (13 replies)|
|Comanche Trail Relocation- need help! (13 replies)|
|The "Hispanic" ethnic group in San Antonio (96 replies)|
|Steiner Ranch... would you do it again? (71 replies)|
|real estate in Kerrville..Comanche Trace vs The Meridian? (2 replies)|
|What do you think of Austin's Placement in this Map? (27 replies)|
Latest news from Comanche, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (16.4%), Irish (9.7%), English (5.4%), German (2.9%), European (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1382 feet
Land area: 4.49 square miles.
Population density: 945 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Comanche:
- High school or higher: 67.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.3%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Comanche city:
- Never married: 26.7%
- Now married: 46.1%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 11.4%
- Divorced: 13.7%
426 residents are foreign born (9.8% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 18 registered sex offenders living in Comanche, Texas as of May 20, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Comanche to the number of sex offenders is 241 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,624 (2.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,233 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Killeen, TX (75.5 miles , pop. 86,911).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fort Worth, TX (94.3 miles , pop. 534,694).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (123.1 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Blanket, TX (3.5 miles ), Gustine, TX (3.5 miles ), De Leon, TX (3.9 miles ), Dublin, TX (4.5 miles ), Gorman, TX (4.7 miles ), Early, TX (4.7 miles ), Mullin, TX (4.9 miles) , Mullin-Priddy, TX (4.9 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $47,200
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $53,000
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $34,000
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $46,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $20,000
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $83,500
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $43,000
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $37,000
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $85,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $172,000
- 2008: 4 buildings, average cost: $59,800
- 2009: 3 buildings, average cost: $102,300
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $159,000
- 2014: 3 buildings, average cost: $141,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 31.90 N, Longitude: 98.60 W
Area code: 325
|Crime rates in Comanche by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||206.1||223.5||201.6||144.8||270.6||250.7||136.9||325.7||340.5||322.4||244.7||254.8||314.5||286.9||352.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Comanche detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.64|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +289 (+6.9%).
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (13%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Construction (8%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Retail trade (24%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (2%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (13%)
- Management occupations (11%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (31%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
Average climate in Comanche, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Comanche-area historical tornado activity is near Texas state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1976, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 19.9 miles away from the Comanche city center injured 11 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/28/1958, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.3 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Comanche-area historical earthquake activity is near Texas state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 148.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 303.5 miles away from Comanche center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 265.1 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 228.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 215.6 miles away from Comanche center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 199.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Comanche County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Fires: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Wind: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: A. T. Powers - Soilder, Kerry Harvick - Country singer, Bob Masters - Football player, Bruce Hitt - Major League Baseball pitcher, Tex Carleton - Baseball player, Weldon Edwards - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Comanche:
Airports and heliports located in Comanche:
- Comanche County-City Airport (MKN) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 2,300, Local Ops: 6,900)
- Comanche County Consolidated Hospital Dist Heliport (3XS9)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Comanche:
- Tarleton State University (about 32 miles; Stephenville, TX; Full-time enrollment: 8,882)
- Cisco College (about 42 miles; Cisco, TX; FT enrollment: 2,687)
- Central Texas College (about 72 miles; Killeen, TX; FT enrollment: 15,911)
- Weatherford College (about 76 miles; Weatherford, TX; FT enrollment: 4,080)
- Abilene Christian University (about 76 miles; Abilene, TX; FT enrollment: 4,025)
- McLennan Community College (about 87 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 6,673)
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (about 89 miles; Belton, TX; FT enrollment: 2,885)
Public high school in Comanche:
- COMANCHE H S (Students: 329, Location: 1600 N AUSTIN, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Comanche:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- As of July 2005, Comanche County has one hospital system. There is no longer Comanche County Hospital or DeLeon Hospital, the new name of the hospital is Comanche County Consolidated Hospital District. This is a brand new facility which opened it's doors July 2005. It is located half-way between Comanche and DeLeon on Hwy 16 (the eastern side of Hwy 16).
Notable location: Comanche Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Comanche include: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (A), Hope Lutheran Church (B), Saint Matthew Episcopal Church (C), Church of Christ (D), Grace Baptist Church (E), Good Shepherd Baptist Church (F), First Baptist Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Oakwood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Horse Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Comanche include: Comanche Stadium (1), Comanche City Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: American Motel (1301 East Central Avenue), Comanche Inn (508 West Central Avenue).
Court: Comanche City - Municipal Court Judge (114 West Central Avenue).
(16.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 16.4% for Black residents, 42.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 23.7% for other race residents)
|This city:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
People in group quarters in Comanche in 2010:
- 94 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 23 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 4 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Comanche in 2000:
- 139 people in nursing homes
- 105 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 5 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Banks with branches in Comanche (2011 data):
- The Comanche National Bank: at 100 East Central Street, branch established on 1889/01/01. Info updated 2008/03/12: Bank assets: $281.7 mil, Deposits: $241.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Comanche National Corporation
- Citibank, National Association: 200 North Austin Branch at 200 North Austin, branch established on 1985/06/30. Info updated 2012/01/10: Bank assets: $1,288,658.0 mil, Deposits: $882,541.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, International Specialization, 1048 total offices, Holding Company: Citigroup Inc.
- American State Bank: Comanche Branch at 101 North Pearl Street, branch established on 1993/08/16. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $3,079.1 mil, Deposits: $2,459.5 mil, headquarters in Lubbock, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 46 total offices, Holding Company: American State Financial Corporation
- Texas Bank: Comanche Banking Center Branch at 400 West Central, branch established on 2007/07/13. Info updated 2006/12/18: Bank assets: $292.9 mil, Deposits: $250.2 mil, headquarters in Brownwood, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Comanche city (based on Comanche County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Comanche County:||2.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Comanche County:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Comanche County:||5.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Comanche, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||6||$375|
|Judicial and Legal||2||$3,569||$21,414||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||10||$25,362||$30,434||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$2,081||$24,972||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||3||$7,635||$30,540||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$1,683||$20,196||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||1||$5,500||$66,000||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$2,391||$28,692||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||30||$75,775||$30,310||6||$375|
Comanche government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $12,000 ($2.83)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $564,000 ($132.96)
Police Protection: $350,000 ($82.51)
Solid Waste Management: $298,000 ($70.25)
Regular Highways: $284,000 ($66.95)
Financial Administration: $238,000 ($56.11)
Sewerage: $157,000 ($37.01)
General - Other: $89,000 ($20.98)
Fire Protection: $86,000 ($20.27)
Parks & Recreation: $82,000 ($19.33)
Libraries: $44,000 ($10.37)
Health Services - Other: $35,000 ($8.25)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $58,000 ($13.67)
Libraries: $44,000 ($10.37)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $481,000 ($113.39)
Comanche government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $358,000 ($84.39)
Sewerage: $203,000 ($47.85)
- Local Intergovernmental - Water Utilities: $5,000 ($1.18)
All Other: $3,000 ($0.71)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $60,000 ($14.14)
General Revenue, NEC: $42,000 ($9.90)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $620,000 ($146.16)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $56,000 ($13.20)
- Tax - Property: $557,000 ($131.31)
Total General Sales: $270,000 ($63.65)
Public Utilities: $243,000 ($57.28)
Other Selective Sales: $19,000 ($4.48)
Comanche government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $677,000 ($159.59)
7.09% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,385 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Erath County, TX||1.35% ($26,017 average AGI)|
|from Brown County, TX||0.57% ($44,160)|
|from Tarrant County, TX||0.34% ($23,200)|
7.13% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,826 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Comanche:
- KCOM (1550 AM; 0 kW; COMANCHE, TX; Owner: ARROWHEAD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KKYX (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- WOAI (1200 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBWD (1380 AM; 1 kW; BROWNWOOD, TX; Owner: BROWN COUNTY BROADCASTING CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Comanche:
- KYOX (94.3 FM; COMANCHE, TX; Owner: 377 BROADCASTING, INC)
- KTFW-FM (92.1 FM; GLEN ROSE, TX; Owner: M&M BROADCASTERS, LTD.)
- KPBE (89.3 FM; BROWNWOOD, TX; Owner: PAULINO BERNAL EVANGELISM)
- KOXE (101.3 FM; BROWNWOOD, TX; Owner: BROWN COUNTY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KHPU (91.7 FM; BROWNWOOD, TX; Owner: HOWARD PAYNE UNIVERSITY)
- KPSM (99.3 FM; BROWNWOOD, TX; Owner: LIVING WORD CHURCH OF BROWNWOOD, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Comanche:
- K61CV (Channel 61; MULLIN, TX; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K65BC (Channel 65; MULLIN, TX; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 19m62ftTotal length
- 11,800Total average daily traffic
- 1,285Total average daily truck traffic
- 16,550Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 79 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Comanche, TX)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 37 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Comanche)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 8 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Comanche)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 8
|Most common first names in Comanche, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Comanche, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (55%)
- Electricity (42%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Comanche, TX|
|Best Western||1||Lane Furniture||1|
Comanche compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2018.