Commerce: Atlanta Dragway In Commerce, Ga
Commerce: road side commerce ga
Commerce: road side commerce ga
Commerce: my house in commerce ga
Commerce: my house in commerce ga
Commerce: my house in commerce ga
Commerce: my house in commerce ga
Commerce: Weeping Mulberry after the Christmas day snow
Commerce: shoal creek park commerce ga
Commerce: shoal creek park commerce ga
Commerce: shoal creek park commerce ga
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||35.9 years|
|Georgia median age:||35.9 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $16,153 (it was $19,270 in 2000)
Commerce city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $101,544 (it was $74,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $126,635; Detached houses: $135,490; Mobile homes: $58,536
Median gross rent in 2013: $767.
Races in Commerce, GA (2013)
- 5,05875.9%White alone
- 88913.3%Black alone
- 1091.6%Two or more races
- 250.4%Asian alone
- 190.3%Other race alone
- 140.2%American Indian alone
|Anyone familiar with Commerce Georgia and the surrounding areas? (6 replies)|
|What they're saying about Savannah (278 replies)|
|Why are Cobb/Gwinnett still averse to MARTA rail? (267 replies)|
|Hankook eyes West Point, Commerce for plant (1 reply)|
|Atlanta traffic (93 replies)|
|The Braves Entertainment Village: Will You Visit? (244 replies)|
Latest news from Commerce, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (18.4%), Irish (7.0%), English (5.9%), German (5.4%), French (2.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 931 feet
Land area: 8.30 square miles.
Population density: 789 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Commerce:
- High school or higher: 75.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Commerce city:
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 49.8%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 8.8%
- Divorced: 15.7%
319 residents are foreign born (4.6% Latin America).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 48 registered sex offenders living in Commerce, Georgia as of November 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Commerce to the number of sex offenders is 135 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,128 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $764 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Athens-Clarke County, GA (17.9 miles , pop. 100,266).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (62.2 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (575.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Davis Academy, GA (2.3 miles ), Maysville, GA (2.5 miles ), Nicholson, GA (2.6 miles ), Homer, GA (3.0 miles ), Jefferson, GA (3.0 miles ), Ila, GA (3.1 miles ), Arcade, GA (3.2 miles ), Sandy Cross, GA (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2001: 65 buildings, average cost: $84,100
- 2002: 54 buildings, average cost: $84,100
- 2003: 61 buildings, average cost: $84,100
- 2004: 70 buildings, average cost: $84,100
- 2005: 78 buildings, average cost: $84,100
- 2006: 75 buildings, average cost: $84,100
- 2007: 24 buildings, average cost: $131,400
- 2008: 8 buildings, average cost: $98,800
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $37,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $65,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.21 N, Longitude: 83.46 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +981 (+14.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 695 (26.7%)
Area code: 706
|Crime rates in Commerce by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 288.2)||406.9||375.1||420.7||353.8||384.5||267.0||221.9||191.5||139.0||172.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Commerce detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.09|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +422 (+8.7%).
- Retail trade (17%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (12%)
- Wholesale trade (10%)
- Construction (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Health care and social assistance (14%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Transportation occupations (14%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (10%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (20%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (6%)
Average climate in Commerce, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Commerce-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 29% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/13/1973, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.1 miles away from the Commerce city center injured 21 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/28/1973, a category F3 tornado 18.0 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 65 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Commerce-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Georgia state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 60.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 125.4 miles away from Commerce center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 113.7 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 277.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 225.0 miles away from Commerce center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 211.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Jackson County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Lamartine Griffin Hardman - Politician, Mike Bowers - Lawyer, Spud Chandler - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Commerce:
- NORTHRIDGE MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 70 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE)
- COMMERCE KIDNEY CENTER (592 RIDGE WAY RD STE A.)
- BANKS-JACKSON-COMMERCE NC (100 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE)
- CRYSTLE SPRINGS NSG HOME, INC (880 RIDGEWAY ROAD BOX 396)
- HILL HAVEN NURSING HOME (880 RIDGEWAY ROAD)
- RESTORATION HEALTHCARE OF COMMERCE (100 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE)
Airports located in Commerce:
- Doug Bolton Field Airport (Runways: 2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Commerce:
- Athens Technical College (about 17 miles; Athens, GA; Full-time enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Georgia (about 19 miles; Athens, GA; FT enrollment: 32,679)
- Brenau University (about 22 miles; Gainesville, GA; FT enrollment: 2,341)
- Lanier Technical College (about 24 miles; Oakwood, GA; FT enrollment: 2,435)
- Piedmont College (about 26 miles; Demorest, GA; FT enrollment: 2,251)
- Georgia Gwinnett College (about 35 miles; Lawrenceville, GA; FT enrollment: 7,993)
- University of North Georgia (about 38 miles; Dahlonega, GA; FT enrollment: 12,445)
Public high schools in Commerce:
Private high schools in Commerce:
Public elementary/middle schools in Commerce:
- East Jackson Elementary School (Students: 468; Location: 1531 Hoods Mill Road; Grades: PK-5)
- Commerce Primary School (Students: 443; Location: 395 Minish Drive; Grades: PK-2)
- Commerce Middle School (Students: 440; Location: 7690 Jefferson Road; Grades: 5-8)
- East Jackson Middle School (Students: 406; Location: 1880 Hoods Mill Road; Grades: 6-8)
- Commerce Elementary School (Students: 213; Location: 825 Lakeview Dr; Grades: 3-4)
Notable locations in Commerce: Commerce Country Club (A), Commerce Volunteer Fire Department (B), Commerce City Hall (C), Commerce Public Library (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Commerce: Calvary Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Gray Hill Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Commerce include: Commerce City Park (1), Commerce Commercial Historic District (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Madison County Career Opportuni Athns Tchncl Cllge (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 282 Spring Street).
Hotels: Comfort Inn (165 Eisenhower Drive), Commerce-Days Inn (441 Highway 441 S), Days Inn (30976 Highway 441 South), Guesthouse Inn - Banks Crossing (30934 Us 441 & I-85), Hampton Inn Commerce- Ga (153 Hampton Ct).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 73.8. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 30.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.29. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.7 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 0.00285. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 18.7 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Commerce and their reported violations in the past:COMMERCE (Population served: 6,819, Surface water):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUN-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUN-28-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-28-2011), St Public Notif received (JUL-27-2011)
(24.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 63.1% for Black residents, 6.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 15.2% for American Indian residents, 27.7% for other race residents, 34.2% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
163 people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped in 2000
84 people in nursing homes in 2000
Commerce compared to Georgia state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Commerce (2011 data):
- SCBT National Association: Main Office Commerce, Ingles Commerce Banking Center, Drive-In Facility, Wal-Mart Banking Center Branch. Info updated 2011/08/01: Bank assets: $3,893.8 mil, Deposits: $3,257.7 mil, headquarters in Orangeburg, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 79 total offices, Holding Company: Scbt Financial Corporation
- Northeast Georgia Bank: Freedom Bank Of Georgia Branch at 3165 Maysville Road, branch established on 2004/02/17; Commerce Branch at 30990 Highway 441 South, branch established on 2003/12/10. Info updated 2009/03/09: Bank assets: $417.3 mil, Deposits: $375.1 mil, headquarters in Lavonia, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: First Security Bankshares, Inc.
- CertusBank, National Association: Homer Branch at 1989 Historic Homer Highway, branch established on 2006/05/22. Info updated 2011/05/23: Bank assets: $1,817.6 mil, Deposits: $1,457.3 mil, headquarters in Easley, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 36 total offices, Holding Company: Certusholdings, Inc.
- Pinnacle Bank: North Elm Street Branch at 1871 North Elm Street, branch established on 1929/01/01. Info updated 2008/11/07: Bank assets: $576.6 mil, Deposits: $509.5 mil, headquarters in Elberton, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Pinnacle Financial Corporation
- United Community Bank: Jackson County Branch at 2055 Homer Road, branch established on 2006/12/21. Info updated 2009/06/23: Bank assets: $6,977.4 mil, Deposits: $6,170.1 mil, headquarters in Blairsville, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 106 total offices, Holding Company: United Community Banks, Inc.
- First Covenant Bank: at 1731 N Elm St, branch established on 2006/09/18. Info updated 2012/02/28: Bank assets: $151.5 mil, Deposits: $142.4 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1 total offices
- Regions Bank: Commerce Branch at 2123 North Elm Street, branch established on 1979/08/20. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- First Citizens Bank and Trust Company, Inc.: Ila Branch at 5440 Commerce Street, branch established on 2005/06/30. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $8,104.0 mil, Deposits: $6,880.8 mil, headquarters in Columbia, SC, positive income, 197 total offices, Holding Company: First Citizens Bancorporation, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Commerce, Georgia:
- Howard Johnson Commerce, 148 Eishhower Dr, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 335-5581, Fax: (706) 335-7889
- Comfort Inn Commerce, I-85 & US 441, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 335-9001
- Travelodge Commerce, 267 Steven B Tanger Blvd, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 335-3738, Fax: (706) 335-2569
- Hampton Inn, 153 Hampton CT, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 335-6161, Fax: (706) 335-6555
- Holiday Inn Express, 30747 Hwy 441 S, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 335-5183, Fax: (706) 335-6588
- Super 8, 158 Eisenhower Dr, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 336-8008, Fax: (706) 335-8068
- Best Western Commerce Inn, 157 Eisenhower Dr, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 335-3640, Fax: (706) 335-6470
- Americas Best Inn &suites, 30537 Hwy 441 & I85, Commerce, GA 30529 , Phone: (706) 335-5191, Fax: (706) 335-5191
- 5 other hotels and motels
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (57%)
- Utility gas (37%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Commerce city (based on Jackson County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Jackson County:||1.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jackson County:||0.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jackson County:||5.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$24,912||$59,789||7||$1,349|
|Police Protection - Officers||19||$65,481||$41,356||1||$1,767|
|Police - Other||5||$9,598||$23,035||1||$1,477|
|Streets and Highways||10||$27,070||$32,484||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$13,467||$32,321||4||$2,019|
|Other and Unallocable||4||$12,996||$38,988||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||85||$266,890||$37,679||54||$27,294|
Commerce government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $4,621,000 ($704.96)
Electric Utilities: $3,919,000 ($597.86)
Police Protection: $1,143,000 ($174.37)
Water Utilities: $1,084,000 ($165.37)
Sewerage: $723,000 ($110.30)
Regular Highways: $589,000 ($89.86)
Central Staff Services: $347,000 ($52.94)
Parks & Recreation: $317,000 ($48.36)
Solid Waste Management: $251,000 ($38.29)
Financial Administration: $219,000 ($33.41)
Libraries: $131,000 ($19.98)
Fire Protection: $104,000 ($15.87)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $97,000 ($14.80)
Judicial and Legal Services: $38,000 ($5.80)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Libraries: $142,000 ($21.66)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $872,000 ($133.03)
Sewerage: $581,000 ($88.63)
Electric Utilities: $324,000 ($49.43)
Gas Utilities: $192,000 ($29.29)
Regular Highways: $140,000 ($21.36)
General - Other: $114,000 ($17.39)
Police Protection: $92,000 ($14.04)
Parks & Recreation: $69,000 ($10.53)
Fire Protection: $63,000 ($9.61)
Central Staff: $20,000 ($3.05)
Libraries: $11,000 ($1.68)
Financial Administration: $4,000 ($0.61)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,480,000 ($378.34)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $430,000 ($65.60)
Commerce government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,097,000 ($167.35)
Solid Waste Management: $308,000 ($46.99)
Parks & Recreation: $35,000 ($5.34)
All Other: $35,000 ($5.34)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $774,000 ($118.08)
All Other: $770,000 ($117.47)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $1,093,000 ($166.74)
General Revenue, NEC: $256,000 ($39.05)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $5,856,000 ($893.36)
Electric Utilities: $4,447,000 ($678.41)
Water Utilities: $1,646,000 ($251.11)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $489,000 ($74.60)
Housing & Community Development: $0 ($0.00)
- Tax - Property: $2,032,000 ($309.99)
Other Selective Sales: $192,000 ($29.29)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $139,000 ($21.21)
NEC: $81,000 ($12.36)
Public Utilities: $22,000 ($3.36)
Commerce government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $7,307,000 ($1114.72)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $4,230,000 ($645.31)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $7,338,000 ($1119.45)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $4,198,000 ($640.43)
Commerce government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $11,256,000 ($1717.16)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $469,000 ($71.55)
8.26% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,798 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Gwinnett County, GA||1.13% ($43,635 average AGI)|
|from Hall County, GA||1.07% ($37,138)|
|from Clarke County, GA||0.87% ($34,881)|
8.21% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,556 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Commerce:
- WJJC (1270 AM; 5 kW; COMMERCE, GA; Owner: BANKS-JACKSON BROADCASTING)
- WDUN (550 AM; 10 kW; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: JWJ PROPERTIRS, INC.)
- WBKZ (880 AM; daytime; 5 kW; JEFFERSON, GA; Owner: BROWN BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLBA (1130 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GAINESVILLE, GA)
- WRFC (960 AM; 5 kW; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING OF ATHENS, INC)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Commerce:
- WBTS (95.5 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WNGC (106.1 FM; TOCCOA, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING OF PENSACOLA, INC)
- WFOX (97.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WYAY (106.7 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WFSH-FM (104.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPUP (103.7 FM; ROYSTON, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING OF ATHENS, INC.)
- WCON-FM (99.3 FM; CORNELIA, GA; Owner: HABERSHAM BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBCX (89.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: BRENAU COLLEGE)
- WPPR (88.3 FM; DEMOREST, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WFQS (91.3 FM; FRANKLIN, NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
- WRBN (104.1 FM; CLAYTON, GA; Owner: SUTTON RADIOCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWEV-FM (91.5 FM; CUMMING, GA; Owner: CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION)
- WRAF (90.9 FM; TOCCOA FALLS, GA; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WHZT (98.1 FM; SENECA, SC; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGMG (102.1 FM; CRAWFORD, GA; Owner: NEW BROADCAST INVESTMENT PROPERTIES, INC)
- WMSL (88.9 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: PRINCE AVENUE BAPTIST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL)
- WAZX-FM (101.9 FM; CLEVELAND, GA; Owner: WAZX-FM, INC)
- WMJE (102.9 FM; CLARKESVILLE, GA; Owner: JWJ PROPERTIES, INC.)
- WUGA (91.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WUOG (90.5 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA)
TV broadcast stations around Commerce:
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- W22AC (Channel 22; HARTWELL & ROYSTON, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- W42AO (Channel 42; ATHENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA REGIONAL COMMUNITY TV)
- WNEG-TV (Channel 32; TOCCOA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 24m79ftTotal length
- 106,986Total average daily traffic
- 4,609Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 148 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Commerce, GA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 52 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Commerce)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 14 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Commerce)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Most common first names in Commerce, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Commerce, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Commerce, GA|
|Ace Hardware||1||Jones New York||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Journeys||1|
|American Eagle Outfitters||1||KFC||1|
|Arby's||1||Levi Strauss & Co.||1|
|Bath & Body Works||1||Motel 6||1|
|Best Western||1||Motherhood Maternity||1|
|Casual Male XL||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
|Cracker Barrel||1||Ruby Tuesday||1|
|Dairy Queen||2||Ryan's Grill||1|
|Days Inn||1||SAS Shoes||2|
Commerce on our top lists:
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped"
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Book stores and news dealers (population 5,000+)"
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Clothing and clothing accessories, including shoe, stores (population 5,000+)"
- #20 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Other direct selling establishments (population 5,000+)"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (population 5,000+)"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Hardware, plumbing and heating equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers (population 5,000+)"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most fire safe hotels and motels per 100,000 population (pop 5,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of police officers in 2006 per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"
Total of 26 patent applications in 2008-2015.