Constable, New York
Constable: Snow on Route 30 North
Constable: Constable United Methodist Church
Constable: House on Route 30 South
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||40.5 years|
|New York median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 12926.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,666 (it was $14,149 in 2000)
Constable town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $93,196 (it was $52,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $176,197; Detached houses: $186,275; Townhouses or other attached units: $172,860; In 2-unit structures: $299,049; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $99,754; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $452,014; Mobile homes: $66,362
Races in Constable, NY (2010)
- 1,51896.9%White alone
- 161.0%American Indian alone
- 80.5%Two or more races
- 60.4%Black alone
- 10.06%Asian alone
- 10.06%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
Latest news from Constable, NY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (30.3%), Irish (15.8%), English (11.2%), French Canadian (9.0%), United States (5.7%), German (5.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 32.8 square miles.
Population density: 48 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Constable:
- High school or higher: 77.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Constable town:
- Never married: 24.5%
- Now married: 56.1%
- Separated: 3.7%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 8.2%
42 residents are foreign born (2.6% North America).
According to our research of New York and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Constable, New York as of April 24, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Constable to the number of sex offenders is 1,532 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Constable town:||2.4% ($1,258)|
|New York:||1.9% ($2,847)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Utica, NY (135.9 miles , pop. 60,651).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Rochester, NY (205.7 miles , pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (284.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Westville, NY (2.1 miles ), Malone, NY (2.5 miles ), Burke, NY (2.5 miles ), Bangor, NY (3.2 miles ), Chateaugay, NY (3.2 miles ), Fort Covington, NY (3.2 miles ), Fort Covington Hamlet, NY (3.3 miles ), Brushton, NY (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $85,700
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $125,800
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $89,000
- 2000: 7 buildings, average cost: $67,400
- 2001: 10 buildings, average cost: $69,500
- 2002: 10 buildings, average cost: $158,500
- 2003: 9 buildings, average cost: $99,400
- 2004: 10 buildings, average cost: $98,900
- 2005: 7 buildings, average cost: $265,000
- 2006: 8 buildings, average cost: $129,400
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $91,700
- 2008: 15 buildings, average cost: $104,700
- 2009: 11 buildings, average cost: $104,700
- 2010: 12 buildings, average cost: $104,700
- 2011: 8 buildings, average cost: $104,700
- 2012: 7 buildings, average cost: $184,000
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2014: 3 buildings, average cost: $100,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.94 N, Longitude: 74.29 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 518
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (16%)
- Construction (13%)
- Metal and metal products (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
- Apparel (4%)
- Health care (24%)
- Public administration (14%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Social assistance (8%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (12%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (11%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (11%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (10%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (4%)
Average climate in Constable, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Constable-area historical earthquake activity is below New York state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 42.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 68.4 miles away from Constable center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 42.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 166.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2000 at 08:46:55, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 LG, 3.8 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 68.6 miles away from Constable center
On 4/8/2003 at 15:06:14, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, 3.2 ML, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 22.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Franklin County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Hurricanes: 3, Blizzard: 1, Earthquake: 1, Power Outage: 1, Tornado: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Lucy Hobbs Taylor - First female dentist.
Hospitals and medical centers near Constable:
- ALICE HYDE MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 6 miles away; MALONE, NY)
- CITIZEN ADVOCATES D/B/A NORTHSTAR INDUSTRIES, INC (Hospital, about 7 miles away; MALONE, NY)
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES CHHA (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; MALONE, NY)
- FRANKLIN COUNTY NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; MALONE, NY)
- CITIZEN ADVOCATES D/B/A NORTH STAR INDUSTRIES, INC (Hospital, about 11 miles away; CHATEAUGAY, NY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Constable:
- SUNY College at Potsdam (about 39 miles; Potsdam, NY; Full-time enrollment: 4,307)
- Clarkson University (about 40 miles; Potsdam, NY; FT enrollment: 3,472)
- SUNY College at Plattsburgh (about 44 miles; Plattsburgh, NY; FT enrollment: 5,934)
- St Lawrence University (about 50 miles; Canton, NY; FT enrollment: 2,501)
- SUNY College of Technology at Canton (about 50 miles; Canton, NY; FT enrollment: 3,411)
- Champlain College (about 63 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 2,623)
- University of Vermont (about 63 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 11,566)
Notable locations in Constable: Trout River Port of Entry (A), Constable Volunteer Firemen (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Constable: Saint Francis of Assisi Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Saint Francis of Assisi Cemetery (1), Saint Bridget's Roman Catholic Cemetery (2), United Methodist Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Flynn Brook (A), Little Trout River (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 44.4. This is significantly better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 4.00. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.0 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 1.19. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 27.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 13.0. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.0 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.5 people|
|New York:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.7% of all households
5 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
6 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New York average:||14.2|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Constable town (based on Franklin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Franklin County:||3.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||1.39 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||4.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
3.79% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,887 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.06%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from St. Lawrence County, NY||0.59% ($24,920 average AGI)|
|from Essex County, NY||0.49% ($35,940)|
|from Clinton County, NY||0.40% ($36,188)|
4.36% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,485 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.46%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Constable:
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WIRD (920 AM; 5 kW; LAKE PLACID, NY; Owner: RADIO LAKE PLACID INC)
- WEAV (960 AM; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTWK (1070 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Constable:
- WYUL (94.7 FM; CHATEAUGAY, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WSLO (90.9 FM; MALONE, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
- WCEL (91.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WVNV (96.5 FM; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WBTZ (99.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: PLATTSBURGH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXLU (88.3 FM; PERU, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Constable:
- W49BI (Channel 49; ELLENBURG, NY; Owner: PLATTSBURGH PARTNERS)
- WCFE-TV (Channel 57; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: MOUNTAIN LAKE PUBLIC TELEVISION COUNCIL)
Constable fatal accident list:
May 29, 2008 08:15 PM, Cr-20, Lat: 44.96382, Lon: -74.39115, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Sep 29, 2008 06:50 AM, Sr-30, Cr-56, Lat: 44.96113, Lon: -74.32600, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Dec 24, 2008 04:05 PM, Coveytown Rd, Lat: 44.94463, Lon: -74.24831, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 7, Fatalities: 1
Jan 21, 2005 09:00 PM, Sr-30, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jun 29, 2002 87:99 PM, Sr-30, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Dec 6, 1997 01:57 PM, 122, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $4,554,000Total costs
- 13,090Total average daily traffic
- 1,124Total average daily truck traffic
- 14,811Total future (year 2017) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KC2FHH, Licensee ID: L01456655, Grant Date: 07/21/2009, Expiration Date: 07/21/2019, Registrant: Charles L Glenn Jr, 280 Stone Rd, Constable, NY 12926
- Call Sign: KC2FHI, Licensee ID: L01485286, Grant Date: 04/24/2009, Expiration Date: 06/21/2019, Registrant: Mary Jo Glenn, 280 Stone Rd, Constable, NY 12926
- Call Sign: N2VIY, Grant Date: 06/08/1993, Expiration Date: 06/08/2003, Cancellation Date: 06/09/2005, Registrant: George W Dumas, Rt 1 Box 449, Constable, NY 12926
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: CESSNA 177RG (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 120 mph), Engine: LYCOMING IO-360-A1B6D (200 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 52493 , Serial Number: 177RG1199, Year manufactured: 1977
Registrant (Co-Owned): Matthew T Lasky, 4046 State Route 37, Constable, NY 12926, Other Owners: Fred Dunaway
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 6617H , Serial Number: 17265512, Year manufactured: 1975, Airworthiness Date: 06/23/1975
Registrant (Corporation): North Franklin County Flying Club, 4046 State Route 37, Constable, NY 12926
Drinking water stations with addresses in Constable and their reported violations in the past:ELM CIRCLE RESTAURANT (Address: 23 STATE ROUTE 122 , Population served: 200, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:FOUNTAINS PIT ROAD XPRESS (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:GILMAN DAIRY SUPPLY (Address: 3543 STATE ROUTE 37 , Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 6 routine major monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 24
- Hazardous Condition: 13
Incident types - Constable
|Most common first names in Constable, NY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Constable, NY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (85%)
- Wood (8%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Electricity (3%)
Constable compared to New York state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2017.