Corinth: Center Road, Corinth VT After the Ice Storm
Corinth: The village of East Corinth
Corinth: North East Slopes
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||44.7 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05039.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $22,885 (it was $14,431 in 2000)
Corinth town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $179,015 (it was $90,100 in 2000)
Races in Corinth, VT (2010)
- 1,31496.1%White alone
- 282.0%Two or more races
- 50.4%Black alone
- 60.4%American Indian alone
- 20.1%Asian alone
Ancestries: English (31.8%), French (17.4%), Irish (12.9%), United States (8.9%), German (8.7%), Scottish (8.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 48.5 square miles.
Population density: 28 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Corinth:
- High school or higher: 80.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Corinth town:
- Never married: 21.1%
- Now married: 61.0%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 10.8%
33 residents are foreign born (1.4% Europe, 0.5% North America).
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Corinth, Vermont as of February 20, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Corinth to the number of sex offenders is 342 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Corinth town:||1.7% ($1,569)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (83.1 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (132.4 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (234.6 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Vershire, VT (2.4 miles ), Topsham, VT (2.7 miles ), West Fairlee, VT (2.8 miles ), Bradford, VT (2.8 miles ), Washington, VT (2.9 miles ), Chelsea, VT (3.1 miles ), Fairlee, VT (3.2 miles ), Orange, VT (3.2 miles ).
Latitude: 44.03 N, Longitude: 72.28 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Wood products (4%)
- Educational services (19%)
- Health care (12%)
- Food and beverage stores (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (7%)
- Social assistance (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Carpenters (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Cashiers (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in Corinth, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Corinth-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Vermont state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/11/1966, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 9.0 miles away from the Corinth town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/11/1973, a category F2 tornado 35.6 miles away from the town center .
Earthquake activity:Corinth-area historical earthquake activity is near Vermont state average. It is 90% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 78.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 102.9 miles away from Corinth center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 49.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 76.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 25.3 miles away from Corinth center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 47.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Orange County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 19
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 15, Storms: 14, Tropical Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Alexander Twilight - Politician, Lee Viau - Major League Baseball pitcher.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Corinth:
- Norwich University (about 21 miles; Northfield, VT; Full-time enrollment: 4,221)
- Dartmouth College (about 23 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
- Plymouth State University (about 35 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- Middlebury College (about 45 miles; Middlebury, VT; FT enrollment: 3,077)
- Castleton State College (about 54 miles; Castleton, VT; FT enrollment: 2,079)
- Saint Michael's College (about 55 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 56 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
Public elementary/middle school in Corinth:
- WAITS RIVER VALLEY USD #36 (Students: 247, Location: 6 WAITS RIVER VALLEY ROAD, Grades: PK-8)
Notable locations in Corinth: Goose Green (A), Riders Corners (B), Blake Memorial Library (C), East Corinth Volunteer Fire Department (D), East Corinth Volunteer Fire Department - Corinth Station (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Corinth: South Meadow Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: West Corinth Cemetery (1), Munn-Rowell Cemetery (2), Meadow Meeting House Cemetery (3), McCrillis Cemetery (4), East Corinth Cemetery (5), Darling Cemetery (6), Corinth Corners Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Tabor Branch (A), Pike Hill Brook (B), Meadow Brook (C), Hedgehog Brook (D), Cookville Brook (E), Center Brook (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2002 was 81.0. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2000 was 26.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 13.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 17.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 11.2. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 16.2 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.9% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Corinth town (based on Orange County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Orange County:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||1.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||7.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
6.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,737 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Washington County, VT||1.42% ($29,382 average AGI)|
|from Windsor County, VT||0.99% ($32,300)|
|from Grafton County, NH||0.70% ($32,424)|
6.57% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,548 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Corinth:
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPNH (1300 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WSNO (1450 AM; 1 kW; BARRE, VT; Owner: VOX VERMONT, L.L.C)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Corinth:
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WCMD (89.9 FM; BARRE, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WEVH (91.3 FM; HANOVER, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO INC)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Corinth:
- W15BK (Channel 15; HANOVER, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WBVT-LP (Channel 39; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: NYN, LLC)
Corinth fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 17m56ftTotal length
- $1,701,000Total costs
- 6,950Total average daily traffic
- 392Total average daily truck traffic
- 9,747Total future (year 2015) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:4
- Call Sign: W1DMU, Licensee ID: L01405204, Grant Date: 06/04/2008, Expiration Date: 06/04/2018, Registrant: T R Jackson, Rr, Corinth, VT 05039
- Call Sign: KB1FKD, Licensee ID: L00262771, Grant Date: 06/30/2010, Expiration Date: 06/30/2020, Certifier: Joseph L Hill, Registrant: Joseph L Hill, 2340 Richardson Road, Corinth, VT 05039
- Call Sign: KB1IWL, Licensee ID: L00582848, Grant Date: 10/17/2002, Expiration Date: 10/17/2012, Cancellation Date: 10/18/2014, Certifier: Timothy R Hoopes, Registrant: Timothy R Hoopes, 697 Ryder Rd, Corinth, VT 05039
- Call Sign: KB1TQT, Licensee ID: L01545755, Grant Date: 02/05/2010, Expiration Date: 02/05/2020, Certifier: Larry E Eastman Sr, Registrant: Larry E Eastman Sr, 452 Thurston Hollow, Corinth, VT 05039
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (43%)
- Wood (33%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (22%)
- Electricity (1%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Corinth compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2019.