Cornelia: A banner day in Cornelia
Cornelia: chenocetah tower
Cornelia: snowy apple
Cornelia: Park area with donor bricks, end of train depot and Big Red apple
Cornelia: Red Red and More Red ...Barrels and The Aple
Cornelia: Lake Russell picnic area
Cornelia: The Big Red Apple and the Blue Blue Sky
Cornelia: cornelia big red apple
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||30.1 years|
|Georgia median age:||36.5 years|
Zip codes: 30531.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $13,167 (it was $21,701 in 2000)
Cornelia city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $130,572 (it was $83,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $146,006; Detached houses: $165,601; Mobile homes: $11,011
Median gross rent in 2016: $693.
Races in Cornelia, GA (2010)
- 2,17152.2%White alone
- 2335.6%Black alone
- 1724.1%Asian alone
- 982.4%Two or more races
- 220.5%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 80.2%American Indian alone
- 100.2%Other race alone
|Dekalb Ave. overhaul planned (243 replies)|
|Favorite Limited Access Highway? (54 replies)|
|Looking for information on Cornelia/Toccoa (1 reply)|
|Residents push back against widening of Hwy 20 to six lanes in Cherokee and Forsyth counties (112 replies)|
|Atlanta-Athens-Clarke County-Sandy Springs CSA now includes Rome (31 replies)|
|your favourite Georgian food (37 replies)|
Latest news from Cornelia, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (10.5%), English (4.1%), Irish (3.9%), German (2.9%), Slavic (2.7%), Scotch-Irish (2.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1500 feet
Land area: 3.43 square miles.
Population density: 1,228 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Cornelia:
- High school or higher: 73.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cornelia city:
- Never married: 25.7%
- Now married: 45.0%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 13.2%
- Divorced: 14.6%
676 residents are foreign born (15.0% Latin America, 4.1% Asia).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 29 registered sex offenders living in Cornelia, Georgia as of March 24, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Cornelia to the number of sex offenders is 148 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,555 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $811 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Athens-Clarke County, GA (39.5 miles , pop. 100,266).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (72.2 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (554.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Mount Airy, GA (1.2 miles ), Baldwin, GA (1.4 miles ), Demorest, GA (1.9 miles ), Alto, GA (2.0 miles ), Raoul, GA (2.5 miles ), Clarkesville, GA (2.6 miles ), Mossy Creek, GA (3.1 miles ), Lula, GA (3.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 8 buildings, average cost: $72,300
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $72,300
- 1999: 15 buildings, average cost: $89,300
- 2000: 13 buildings, average cost: $115,400
- 2001: 7 buildings, average cost: $88,600
- 2002: 5 buildings, average cost: $104,400
- 2003: 6 buildings, average cost: $120,800
- 2004: 13 buildings, average cost: $123,100
- 2005: 10 buildings, average cost: $104,000
- 2006: 33 buildings, average cost: $127,700
- 2007: 5 buildings, average cost: $105,000
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2009: 8 buildings, average cost: $95,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $90,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $90,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.51 N, Longitude: 83.53 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,424 (+103.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 641 (49.8%)
Area code: 706
|Crime rates in Cornelia by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 274.2)||269.4||487.0||326.8||350.1||359.2||285.4||239.8||380.9||268.8||319.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Cornelia detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.79|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +382 (+11.6%).
- Construction (23%)
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (13%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (29%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Other services, except public administration (12%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Information (3%)
- Production occupations (20%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (19%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Community and social service occupations (6%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (3%)
- Sales and related occupations (20%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (14%)
- Personal care and service occupations (12%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
Average climate in Cornelia, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cornelia-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 27% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/15/1989, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 8.3 miles away from the Cornelia city center injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/20/1998, a category F3 tornado 9.7 miles away from the city center killed 12 people and injured 171 people and caused $20 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Cornelia-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Georgia state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 74.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 119.6 miles away from Cornelia center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 92.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 256.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 227.0 miles away from Cornelia center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 224.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Habersham County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 5, Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Hurricanes: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Hilliard A. Wilbanks - Air Force Medal of Honor recipient, Seth Delay - Professional wrestler.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Cornelia: Hilliard A. Wilbanks.
Hospitals and medical centers near Cornelia:
- OAKS AT SCENIC VIEW, THE (Nursing Home, about 2 miles away; BALDWIN, GA)
- FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE TOCCOA (Dialysis Facility, about 12 miles away; TOCCOA, GA)
- HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF TOCCOA (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; TOCCOA, GA)
- GATEWAY HEALTH AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; CLEVELAND, GA)
airports located in Cornelia:
- Habersham County Airport (AJR) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 8,000, Local Ops: 12,000)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cornelia:
- Piedmont College (about 4 miles; Demorest, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,251)
- Brenau University (about 23 miles; Gainesville, GA; FT enrollment: 2,341)
- University of North Georgia (about 26 miles; Dahlonega, GA; FT enrollment: 12,445)
- Lanier Technical College (about 28 miles; Oakwood, GA; FT enrollment: 2,435)
- Athens Technical College (about 38 miles; Athens, GA; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Georgia (about 40 miles; Athens, GA; FT enrollment: 32,679)
- Clemson University (about 42 miles; Clemson, SC; FT enrollment: 20,131)
Public elementary/middle schools in Cornelia:
Notable locations in Cornelia: Chenochetah Fire Tower (A), Cornelia Fire Department (B), Habersham County Emergency Medical Services South (C), Cornelia Public Library (D), Cornelia City Hall (E), Cornelia Community House (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Cornelia: COMMUNITY BANKSHARES INC /GA/ (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Cornelia include: Shady Grove Baptist Church (A), Level Grove Church (B), First Presbyterian Church (C), First Baptist Church of Cornelia (D), Cornelia United Methodist Church (E), Cornelia Christian Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Level Grove Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Cornelia: Cornelia City Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Bowa Trails Inc (Tours & Charters; 304 Myrl Dr).
Hotels: Comfort Inn Cornelia (2965 J Warren Road), Appletree Inn (Hwy 441 S), Comfort Inn (2965 J Warren Road), Cornelia-Days Inn (1477 Level Grove Rd), Hampton Inn Cornelia- GA (161 Market Corners Drive).
Court: Habersham County - Solicitor State Court (156 Level Grove Road).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 37.9. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.31. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.8 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 0.00285. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 21.8 miles away from the city center.
(26.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 14.1% for Black residents, 79.2% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 93.3% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Banks with branches in Cornelia (2011 data):
- SCBT National Association: The Cornelia Branch, Community Bank And Trust Branch, Ingles Supermarket Branch Cornelia. Info updated 2011/08/01: Bank assets: $3,893.8 mil, Deposits: $3,257.7 mil, headquarters in Orangeburg, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 79 total offices, Holding Company: Scbt Financial Corporation
- CertusBank, National Association: Cornelia Courier at 920 Level Grove Road, branch established on 2007/08/13; Cornelia Branch at 920 Level Grove Road, branch established on 2006/04/05. Info updated 2011/05/23: Bank assets: $1,817.6 mil, Deposits: $1,457.3 mil, headquarters in Easley, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 36 total offices, Holding Company: Certusholdings, Inc.
- United Community Bank: New Community Branch at 1472 441 By-Pass, branch established on 2003/01/06; Habersham Branch at 255 North Main Street, branch established on 1989/06/22. Info updated 2009/06/23: Bank assets: $6,977.4 mil, Deposits: $6,170.1 mil, headquarters in Blairsville, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 106 total offices, Holding Company: United Community Banks, Inc.
- Regions Bank: Cornelia Main Branch at 241 Larkin Street, branch established on 1909/12/09. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Rabun County Bank: Traditions Bank at 210 Cannon Bridge Rd, branch established on 1999/06/07. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $230.4 mil, Deposits: $198.3 mil, headquarters in Clayton, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Liberty Bancorp Of Georgia, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cornelia city (based on Habersham County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Habersham County:||1.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Habersham County:||0.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Habersham County:||7.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Cornelia, GA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||8||$25,035||$37,553||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$2,343||$28,116||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||17||$47,924||$33,829||0||$0|
|Police - Other||3||$6,946||$27,784||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||4||$12,925||$38,775||1||$1,010|
|Solid Waste Management||4||$7,489||$22,467||1||$708|
|Parks and Recreation||6||$12,619||$25,238||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||1||$3,813||$45,756||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||7||$21,251||$36,430||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||82||$232,138||$33,971||9||$5,942|
Cornelia government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $2,213,000 ($525.65)
Sewerage: $1,476,000 ($350.59)
Police Protection: $956,000 ($227.08)
Fire Protection: $438,000 ($104.04)
Regular Highways: $348,000 ($82.66)
Central Staff Services: $248,000 ($58.91)
Solid Waste Management: $226,000 ($53.68)
Parks & Recreation: $75,000 ($17.81)
Libraries: $34,000 ($8.08)
Housing & Community Development: $32,000 ($7.60)
Judicial and Legal Services: $23,000 ($5.46)
General Public Buildings: $21,000 ($4.99)
Corrections - Other: $14,000 ($3.33)
Health Services - Other: $8,000 ($1.90)
Financial Administration: $6,000 ($1.43)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $32,000 ($7.60)
Corrections: $14,000 ($3.33)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $41,000 ($9.74)
Sewerage: $27,000 ($6.41)
Police Protection: $19,000 ($4.51)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,025,000 ($481.00)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $271,000 ($64.37)
Cornelia government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,507,000 ($357.96)
Solid Waste Management: $119,000 ($28.27)
All Other: $84,000 ($19.95)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($0.71)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $11,000 ($2.61)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $171,000 ($40.62)
Property Sale Other: $125,000 ($29.69)
Rents: $35,000 ($8.31)
Interest Earnings: $19,000 ($4.51)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $2,260,000 ($536.82)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $3,000 ($0.71)
- Tax - Property: $1,136,000 ($269.83)
Public Utilities: $346,000 ($82.19)
NEC: $312,000 ($74.11)
Other Selective Sales: $214,000 ($50.83)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $157,000 ($37.29)
Cornelia government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $7,103,000 ($1687.17)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $6,834,000 ($1623.28)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $269,000 ($63.90)
Cornelia government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $3,306,000 ($785.27)
6.46% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,702 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Banks County, GA||0.81% ($28,018 average AGI)|
|from Hall County, GA||0.71% ($30,232)|
|from White County, GA||0.69% ($22,198)|
6.51% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,062 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cornelia:
- WCON (1450 AM; 1 kW; CORNELIA, GA; Owner: HABERSHAM BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WDUN (550 AM; 10 kW; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: JWJ PROPERTIRS, INC.)
- WLET (1420 AM; 5 kW; TOCCOA, GA; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLBA (1130 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GAINESVILLE, GA)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCHM (1490 AM; 1 kW; CLARKESVILLE, GA; Owner: BRIAN ROTHELL)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDGR (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DAHLONEGA, GA; Owner: SMALL TOWN RADIO OF GEORGIA, INC.)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WJJC (1270 AM; 5 kW; COMMERCE, GA; Owner: BANKS-JACKSON BROADCASTING)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cornelia:
- WCON-FM (99.3 FM; CORNELIA, GA; Owner: HABERSHAM BROADCASTING CO.)
- WNGC (106.1 FM; TOCCOA, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING OF PENSACOLA, INC)
- WPPR (88.3 FM; DEMOREST, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WAZX-FM (101.9 FM; CLEVELAND, GA; Owner: WAZX-FM, INC)
- WMJE (102.9 FM; CLARKESVILLE, GA; Owner: JWJ PROPERTIES, INC.)
- WRAF (90.9 FM; TOCCOA FALLS, GA; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WBTS (95.5 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WRBN (104.1 FM; CLAYTON, GA; Owner: SUTTON RADIOCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFOX (97.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WHEL (105.1 FM; HELEN, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WFQS (91.3 FM; FRANKLIN, NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
- WYAY (106.7 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTFH (89.9 FM; HELEN, GA; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WCVP-FM (95.9 FM; ROBBINSVILLE, NC; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WFSH-FM (104.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHZT (98.1 FM; SENECA, SC; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBCX (89.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: BRENAU COLLEGE)
- W269AY (101.7 FM; HIGHLANDS, NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
- WHLC (104.5 FM; HIGHLANDS, NC; Owner: CHARISMA RADIO CORP.)
- W277AL (103.3 FM; HIGHLANDS, NC; Owner: CHARISMA RADIO CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Cornelia:
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WNEG-TV (Channel 32; TOCCOA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W22AC (Channel 22; HARTWELL & ROYSTON, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 13Number of bridges
- 71m233ftTotal length
- $9,211,000Total costs
- 111,070Total average daily traffic
- 1,101Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Cornelia, GA)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 41 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Cornelia)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 14 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Cornelia)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Cornelia and their reported violations in the past:CORNELIA (Population served: 6,130, Surface water):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - In JUN-2006, Contaminant: Turbidity. Follow-up actions: St AO (w/penalty) issued (OCT-30-2006), St Admin Penalty assessed (NOV-17-2006), St Public Notif received (NOV-17-2006)
- One minor monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Cornelia, Georgia:
- Baymont Inn Cornelia, 1105 Hwy 441 Business, Cornelia, Georgia 30531 , Phone: (706) 778-3600, Fax: (706) 778-1299
- Super 8 Cornelia, 2965 J Warren Rd, Cornelia, Georgia 30531 , Phone: (706) 778-9573, Fax: (706) 776-3329
|Most common first names in Cornelia, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Cornelia, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (63%)
- Utility gas (29%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Cornelia, GA|
|AT&T||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|AutoZone||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
|Bath & Body Works||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||Rite Aid||1|
|Days Inn||1||SAS Shoes||1|
|Little Caesars Pizza||1|
Cornelia compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Cornelia on our top lists:
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Guatemala (population 500+)"
Total of 39 patent applications in 2008-2019.