|Median resident age:||45.6 years|
|Florida median age:||40.3 years|
Zip codes: 32112.
Crescent City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $81,745 (it was $66,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $536.
- White alone - 768 (48.7%)
- Black alone - 481 (30.5%)
- Hispanic - 279 (17.7%)
- Two or more races - 26 (1.6%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 11 (0.7%)
- Asian alone - 6 (0.4%)
- American Indian alone - 5 (0.3%)
- Other race alone - 1 (0.06%)
|Could This Be a Solution to Homelessness in Orlando? (58 replies)|
|Apartment/Condo rentals near WMT DC Arcadia, Crescent City....we don't mind a 20-30 commute (2 replies)|
|Crescent City area info needed (3 replies)|
|Ultimate Florida Small Town Road Trip (11 replies)|
|Moved to WALDO, FLORIDA SPEED TRAP (155 replies)|
|Move to Sarasota or Gainesville? (29 replies)|
Latest news from Crescent City, FL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (8.6%), United States (8.5%), English (8.4%), German (7.0%), French (3.2%), Scottish (1.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 53 feet
Land area: 1.83 square miles.
Population density: 850 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Crescent City:
- High school or higher: 74.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Crescent City city:
- Never married: 37.5%
- Now married: 35.8%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 11.9%
- Divorced: 13.9%
99 residents are foreign born (1.7% Asia).
According to our research of Florida and other state lists there were 22 registered sex offenders living in Crescent City, Florida as of May 28, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Crescent City to the number of sex offenders is 71 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $821 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $754 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Daytona Beach, FL (32.8 miles , pop. 64,112).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Jacksonville, FL (61.7 miles , pop. 735,617).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (814.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Pomona Park, FL (2.6 miles ), Seville, FL (2.9 miles ), Welaka, FL (3.2 miles ), Pierson, FL (3.7 miles ), Flagler Estates, FL (3.9 miles ), Pierson-Seville, FL (3.9 miles ), Bunnell, FL (4.0 miles ), East Palatka, FL (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 29.44 N, Longitude: 81.51 W
Area code: 386
|Crime rates in Crescent City by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 298.9)||1297.4||795.4||699.1||895.0||910.4||881.5||638.7||307.6||333.4||557.6||454.0||587.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Crescent City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.40|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (20%)
- Public administration (16%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (37%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Public administration (2%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (9%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in Crescent City, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Crescent City-area historical tornado activity is near Florida state average. It is 13% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/7/1971, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 32.2 miles away from the Crescent City city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/15/1958, a category F3 tornado 32.6 miles away from the city center injured 9 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Crescent City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Florida state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 382.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 252.9 miles away from Crescent City center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 312.1 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 225.6 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 263.3 miles away from Crescent City center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 363.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Putnam County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 5, Fires: 4, Tropical Storms: 4, Floods: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Storms: 2, Winds: 2, Freeze: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: A. Philip Randolph - Labor leader, Glen P. Robinson - Founder of Scientific Atlanta, Walter Curry - Player of and football.
Hospitals and medical centers in Crescent City:
Airports and heliports located in Crescent City:
- Eagles Nest Aerodrome Airport (Runways: 2)
- Skinners Wholesale Nursery Airport (Runways: 1)
- Thunderbird Air Park Airport (Runways: 1)
- Inhome Medical Landing Heliport
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Crescent City:
- Saint Johns River State College (about 18 miles; Palatka, FL; Full-time enrollment: 4,698)
- Wyotech-Daytona (about 24 miles; Ormond Beach, FL; FT enrollment: 2,295)
- Stetson University (about 31 miles; DeLand, FL; FT enrollment: 2,956)
- Daytona State College (about 33 miles; Daytona Beach, FL; FT enrollment: 11,389)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide (about 33 miles; Daytona Beach, FL; FT enrollment: 9,244)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach (about 33 miles; Daytona Beach, FL; FT enrollment: 4,932)
- Bethune-Cookman University (about 34 miles; Daytona Beach, FL; FT enrollment: 3,733)
Private high school in Crescent City:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Crescent City also has open city hall meetings. Also, there are several PBS stations that broadcast in this area off antennae, WJCT, Jacksonville, WEFM Orlando and DBCC Daytona Community College. Add to that simlar radio reception. A big plus for us and those who are intellectually and open spirited. CC is a quiet, rural area with both very poor and very wealthy. If you like people, volunteering, water recreation, sunshine, a low key life style this is the place for you. CC can be only as good as you make it! Oh, and it is only an hour from pursuits like the opera, concerts, major shopping or "bike fests." added by Lani
Notable locations in Crescent City: Crescent City Police Department (A), Crescent City Substation (B), Crescent City Community Resource Center (C), Crescent City Fire Department (D), Crescent City City Hall (E), Crescent City Library (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Crescent City include: Jethro First Baptist Church (A), Howe Memorial United Methodist Church (B), First Presbyterian Church (C), First Baptist Church (D), Iglesia Alianza Cristiana (E), Union Bethel American Methodist Episcopal Church (F), Episcopal Church of the Holy Comforter (G), Pentecostal Full Gospel Crusade Church (H), Church of God by Faith (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Greenwood Cemetery (1), Eden Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Argenta Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Crescent City: North Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Court: Putnam County - Clerk Of Circuit & County Court- Clerk Of Circuit C (19 North Summit Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 77.8. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 19.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.8 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Crescent City and their reported violations in the past:CRESCENT CITY WTP (Population served: 1,800, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:SOUTH PUTNAM CHURCH (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
- Failure Submit IDSE/Subpart V Plan Rpt - In JUL-02-2010, Contaminant: DBP STAGE 2. Follow-up actions: Fed FAO issued (APR-01-2010), Fed Compliance achieved (APR-12-2011)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2010 and SEP-2010, Contaminant: TTHM
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2010 and SEP-2010, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5)
- Monitoring, Routine (IDSE) - Between JAN-2010 and MAR-2010, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: Fed FAO issued (APR-01-2010), Fed Compliance achieved (APR-12-2011)
- Monitoring, Routine (IDSE) - Between JAN-2010 and MAR-2010, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: Fed FAO issued (APR-01-2010), Fed Compliance achieved (APR-12-2011)
- One minor monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
- 12 other older monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:LIL HILL TOP MOBILE HOME ; RV PARK (Population served: 68, Groundwater):
- Failure to Conduct Assessment Monitoring - Between JUL-2012 and SEP-2012, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (2 times from DEC-10-2012 to JAN-22-2013)
- Failure to Conduct Assessment Monitoring - Between APR-2012 and JUN-2012, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (2 times from DEC-10-2012 to JAN-22-2013)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Failure to Conduct Assessment Monitoring - Between OCT-2011 and DEC-2011, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-17-2012), St Public Notif received (FEB-23-2012)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between JUL-2006 and SEP-2006, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-24-2007), St Intentional no-action (NOV-25-2008)
- 10 routine major monitoring violations
- 5 regular monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Crescent City that have no violations reported:
- RIVER PUB (Population served: 500, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(29.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 38.8% for Black residents, 68.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 39.7% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 33.7% for other race residents, 43.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
77 people in nursing homes in 2000
11 people in other noninstitutional group quarters in 2000
Crescent City compared to Florida state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Crescent City (2011 data):
- CenterState Bank of Florida, National Association: Crescent City Branch at 500 North Summit Street, branch established on 1983/04/15. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $2,082.6 mil, Deposits: $1,779.8 mil, headquarters in Winter Haven, FL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 65 total offices, Holding Company: Centerstate Banks, Inc.
- Bank of America, National Association: Lake Grove Branch at 913 North Summit Street, branch established on 1922/01/01. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- TD Bank, National Association: 350 N Summitt Street Branch at 350 N. Summit Street, branch established on 1934/04/01. Info updated 2010/10/04: Bank assets: $188,912.6 mil, Deposits: $153,149.8 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, 1314 total offices, Holding Company: Toronto-Dominion Bank, The
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (78%)
- Utility gas (18%)
- No fuel used (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Crescent City city (based on Putnam County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 38.16%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||International Pentecostal Holiness Church||LDS (Mormon) Church|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Assemblies of God||Episcopal Church||Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Putnam County:||2.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florida:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Putnam County:||1.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florida:||1.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Putnam County:||5.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$6,811||$81,732||5||$3,741|
|Police Protection - Officers||6||$21,290||$42,580||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$1,864||$22,368||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||4||$8,370||$25,110||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$1,506||$18,072||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||26||$73,701||$34,016||10||$7,656|
Crescent City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $724,000 ($464.40)
Police Protection: $340,000 ($218.09)
Water Utilities: $295,000 ($189.22)
Financial Administration: $203,000 ($130.21)
Regular Highways: $145,000 ($93.01)
General - Other: $121,000 ($77.61)
Sewerage: $114,000 ($73.12)
Fire Protection: $43,000 ($27.58)
Parks & Recreation: $22,000 ($14.11)
- Employee Retirement - Benefit Payments: $1,000 ($0.64)
Withdrawals: $1,000 ($0.64)
Total Cash & Deposits: $1,000 ($0.64)
- Gas Utilities - Interest on Debt: $60,000 ($38.49)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $85,000 ($54.52)
Fire Protection: $32,000 ($20.53)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($0.64)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $875,000 ($561.26)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $97,000 ($62.22)
Crescent City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $223,000 ($143.04)
- Employee Retirement - From Other Government: $7,000 ($4.49)
Local Employee Contribution: $2,000 ($1.28)
Interest Revenue: $-10,000 ($-6.41)
- Federal Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,976,000 ($1267.48)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $5,000 ($3.21)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $808,000 ($518.28)
Water Utilities: $487,000 ($312.38)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $61,000 ($39.13)
Highways: $13,000 ($8.34)
- Tax - Property: $384,000 ($246.31)
Public Utilities: $224,000 ($143.68)
Total General Sales: $63,000 ($40.41)
Crescent City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,625,000 ($1042.33)
Gas Utilities: $995,000 ($638.23)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $1,625,000 ($1042.33)
Gas Utilities: $941,000 ($603.59)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Gas Utilities: $54,000 ($34.64)
Crescent City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Employee Retirement - Total Other Securities: $234,000 ($150.10)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $698,000 ($447.72)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $11,000 ($7.06)
6.45% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,389 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($286 average AGI)
Putnam County: 0.06% Florida average: 0.11%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from St. Johns County, FL||0.64% ($28,099 average AGI)|
|from Alachua County, FL||0.57% ($28,519)|
|from Duval County, FL||0.47% ($33,164)|
6.85% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,493 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved to foreign countries ($324 average AGI)
Putnam County: 0.08% Florida average: 0.12%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Crescent City:
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDYZ (990 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WONQ (1030 AM; 45 kW; OVIEDO, FL; Owner: FLORIDA BROADCASTERS)
- WIXC (1060 AM; 50 kW; TITUSVILLE, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS I, INC.)
- WGSR (1570 AM; 50 kW; FERNANDINA BEACH, FL; Owner: RJM COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WOBS (1530 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WYND (1310 AM; 9 kW; DELAND, FL; Owner: BUDDY TUCKER ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHOO (1080 AM; daytime; 35 kW; KISSIMMEE, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS I, INC.)
- WPLK (800 AM; 1 kW; PALATKA, FL; Owner: RADIO PALATKA, INC.)
- WELE (1380 AM; 5 kW; ORMOND BEACH, FL; Owner: WINGS COMMUNICATIONS, INCORPORATED)
Strongest FM radio stations in Crescent City:
- WGNE-FM (99.9 FM; PALATKA, FL; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- WJHM (101.9 FM; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WCFB (94.5 FM; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WOCL (105.9 FM; DELAND, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMGF (107.7 FM; MOUNT DORA, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOGK (93.7 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: OCALA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WHIF (91.3 FM; PALATKA, FL; Owner: PUTNAM RADIO MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Crescent City:
- WCEU (Channel 15; NEW SMYRNA BEACH, FL; Owner: DAYTONA BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WESH (Channel 2; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: ORLANDO HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WXXU-LP (Channel 12; ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS)
- WVEN-TV (Channel 26; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WJGV-LP (Channel 48; PALATKA, FL; Owner: PENTECOSTAL REVIVAL ASSOC., INC.)
- WJWB (Channel 17; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- Fatal accident count: 15
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 22
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 8
- Fatalities: 15
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 46
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
- Fatal accident count: 166
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 255
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 54
- Fatalities: 180
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 442
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 31
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 49
- Hazardous Condition: 35
- Service Call: 25
- Good Intent Call: 10
Incident types - Crescent City
|Most common first names in Crescent City, FL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Crescent City, FL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Crescent City, FL|
|Ace Hardware||2||H&R Block||1|
Crescent City on our top lists:
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of murders in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest 2006 city-data.com crime index per resident, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Miscellaneous nondurable goods merchant wholesalers"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of infant deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"