Crescent City, Illinois
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.2 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 60928.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $25,537 (it was $17,308 in 2000)
Crescent City village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $86,056 (it was $83,600 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $525.
Races in Crescent City, IL (2010)
- 60197.7%White alone
- 20.3%American Indian alone
- 20.3%Asian alone
- 20.3%Two or more races
- 10.2%Black alone
Latest news from Crescent City, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (38.4%), United States (14.8%), Irish (13.0%), English (5.7%), French (4.8%), Dutch (1.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 01/24/1888
Elevation: 636 feet
Land area: 0.50 square miles.
Population density: 1,204 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Crescent City:
- High school or higher: 93.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Crescent City village:
- Never married: 20.6%
- Now married: 62.5%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 10.9%
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Crescent City, Illinois as of September 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Crescent City to the number of sex offenders is 305 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $2,213 (2.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $2,343 (2.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Champaign, IL (50.2 miles , pop. 67,518).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Chicago, IL (74.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Watseka, IL (2.5 miles ), Gilman, IL (2.7 miles ), Danforth, IL (2.7 miles ), Woodland, IL (2.8 miles ), Onarga, IL (2.9 miles ), Ashkum, IL (3.0 miles ), Clifton, IL (3.5 miles ), Martinton, IL (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $73,300
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $135,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.77 N, Longitude: 87.86 W
Area code: 815
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (27%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Wholesale trade (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (35%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Finance and insurance (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Retail trade (4%)
- Transportation and warehousing (3%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (26%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (32%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
Average climate in Crescent City, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Crescent City-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 83% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/6/1956, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 2.9 miles away from the Crescent City village center injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/17/1963, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 31.0 miles away from the village center killed one person and injured 70 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Crescent City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Illinois state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 160.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 134.8 miles away from Crescent City center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 192.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 158.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 151.2 miles away from Crescent City center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 72.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Iroquois County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Floods: 3, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Crescent City:
- SUGAR CREEK CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; WATSEKA, IL)
- FORD IROQUOIS PUBLIC HEALTH DE (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; WATSEKA, IL)
- IROQUOIS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 7 miles away; WATSEKA, IL)
- IROQUOIS RESIDENT HOME, THE (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; WATSEKA, IL)
- WATSEKA REHAB AND HLTH CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; WATSEKA, IL)
- GILMAN HEALTHCARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; GILMAN, IL)
- CENTRAL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 12 miles away; CLIFTON, IL)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Crescent City:
- Kankakee Community College (about 23 miles; Kankakee, IL; Full-time enrollment: 2,969)
- Olivet Nazarene University (about 27 miles; Bourbonnais, IL; FT enrollment: 4,731)
- Danville Area Community College (about 47 miles; Danville, IL; FT enrollment: 2,229)
- Governors State University (about 48 miles; University Park, IL; FT enrollment: 4,043)
- Parkland College (about 50 miles; Champaign, IL; FT enrollment: 7,326)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (about 50 miles; Champaign, IL; FT enrollment: 47,528)
- Joliet Junior College (about 54 miles; Joliet, IL; FT enrollment: 11,401)
Public high school in Crescent City:
- Crescent-Iroquois High School (Location: PO Box 10; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Crescent City:
- Crescent City Grade School (Location: PO Box 190; Grades: K-8)
Notable locations in Crescent City: Crescent City Station (A), Crescent - Iroquois Fire Protection District (B), Crescent - Iroquois Emergency Medical Services and Ambulance Services (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Crescent City and their reported violations in the past:CRESCENT CITY (Population served: 630, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between APR-2008 and JUN-2008, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-17-2008), St Compliance achieved (JUN-27-2008)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2007 and DEC-2007, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-17-2007), St Compliance achieved (DEC-20-2007)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Crescent City that have no violations reported:
- IROQUOIS COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS (Population served: 57, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SPRINGCREEK REC PROP SW WELL (Population served: 55, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SPRINGCREEK REC PROP SE WELL (Population served: 55, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SPRINGCREEK REC PROP NORTH WELL (Population served: 55, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(8.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This village:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Crescent City compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
Banks with branches in Crescent City (2011 data):
- Citizens State Bank of Milford: Crescent City Branch at 307 East Main Street, branch established on 2004/01/20. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $50.7 mil, Deposits: $45.6 mil, headquarters in Milford, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Arthur R. Murray, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (79%)
- Electricity (20%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Crescent City village (based on Iroquois County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Iroquois County:||2.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iroquois County:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iroquois County:||3.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||9||$1,215|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$3,270||$39,240||1||$150|
|Totals for Government||1||$3,270||$39,240||10||$1,365|
Crescent City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Parks & Recreation: $438,000 ($722.77)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $51,000 ($84.16)
Financial Administration: $45,000 ($74.26)
Water Utilities: $24,000 ($39.60)
Welfare - Other: $15,000 ($24.75)
General - Other: $10,000 ($16.50)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($4.95)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $42,000 ($69.31)
Crescent City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $32,000 ($52.81)
Interest Earnings: $18,000 ($29.70)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $51,000 ($84.16)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $128,000 ($211.22)
General Support: $78,000 ($128.71)
Highways: $17,000 ($28.05)
- Tax - Property: $46,000 ($75.91)
NEC: $1,000 ($1.65)
Crescent City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $200,000 ($330.03)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $200,000 ($330.03)
Crescent City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $391,000 ($645.21)
4.37% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,271 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Kankakee County, IL||1.45% ($31,977 average AGI)|
|from Ford County, IL||0.34% ($31,025)|
|from Champaign County, IL||0.29% ($17,114)|
4.92% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,956 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Crescent City:
- WGFA (1360 AM; daytime; 1 kW; WATSEKA, IL; Owner: IROQUOIS COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WVIV (1200 AM; 20 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLXX-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WILL (580 AM; 5 kW; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Crescent City:
- WGFA-FM (94.1 FM; WATSEKA, IL; Owner: IROQUOIS COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIVR (101.7 FM; KENTLAND, IN; Owner: MILNER BROADCASTING ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- WVLI (95.1 FM; KANKAKEE, IL; Owner: MILNER BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WONU (89.7 FM; KANKAKEE, IL; Owner: OLIVET NAZARENE UNIVERSITY)
- WHPO (100.9 FM; HOOPESTON, IL; Owner: MARKET STREET BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WKIF (92.7 FM; KANKAKEE, IL; Owner: SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WIBN (98.1 FM; EARL PARK, IN; Owner: BROTHERS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Crescent City:
- W34CD (Channel 34; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WCIA (Channel 3; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF CHAMPAIGN, L.L.C.)
- WYIN (Channel 56; GARY, IN; Owner: NORTHWEST INDIANA PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WICD (Channel 15; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: WICD LICENSEE, LLC)
- W52BR (Channel 52; CHAMPAIGN-URBANA, IL; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- $205,000Total costs
- 5,675Total average daily traffic
- 877Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,920Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: W9QCD, Licensee ID: L00086230
Grant Date: 05/18/2006, Expiration Date: 08/05/2016
Registrant: Richard W Harwood, Crescent City, IL 60928
- Call Sign: WB9Z, Licensee ID: L01404365
Grant Date: 05/30/2008, Expiration Date: 07/13/2018, Certifier: Jerry W Rosalius
Registrant: Jerry W Rosalius, Crescent City, IL 60928
|Most common first names in Crescent City, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Crescent City, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Crescent City on our top lists:
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Management of companies and enterprises"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Personal and laundry services"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Physicians and surgeons"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Paper"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.