Crescent Lake, Oregon
Crescent Lake: Crescent....
Crescent Lake: Sunrise on Odell Lake
Crescent Lake: Crescent Creek...
Crescent Lake: Hwy 97 looking south...
Crescent Lake: Hwy 58...
Submit your own pictures of this place and show them to the World
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||45.4 years|
|Oregon median age:||36.3 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $21,699 (it was $15,438 in 2000)
Crescent Lake CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $122,281 (it was $70,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $203,085; Detached houses: $225,164; Townhouses or other attached units: $234,231; In 2-unit structures: $135,861; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $222,625; Mobile homes: $105,938; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $38,278
Races in Crescent Lake, OR (2000)
- 2,62993.4%White alone
- 541.9%Two or more races
- 481.7%American Indian alone
- 90.3%Black alone
- 50.2%Other race alone
- 40.1%Asian alone
- 30.1%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Professional services jobs are soaring, making it the fastest-growing industry Aug 21
- Internetification today Aug 19
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Land area: 1658.3 square miles.
Population density: 1.8 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Crescent Lake:
- High school or higher: 74.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 13.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Crescent Lake CCD:
- Never married: 13.6%
- Now married: 65.3%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 14.1%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Crescent Lake CCD:||1.0% ($715)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Bend, OR (47.9 miles , pop. 52,029).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northwest Clackamas, OR (145.6 miles , pop. 224,220).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (668.5 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: La Pine, OR (4.7 miles ), Three Rivers, OR (5.5 miles ), Sunriver, OR (5.9 miles ), Sisters-Millican, OR (6.0 miles ), Silver Lake, OR (6.0 miles) , Silver Lake-Fort Rock, OR (6.5 miles ), Deschutes River Woods, OR (6.5 miles ), Seventh Mountain, OR (6.6 miles) .
Latitude: 43.41 N, Longitude: 121.65 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Wood products (19%)
- Construction (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (4%)
- Educational services (3%)
- Accommodation and food services (24%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Data processing, libraries, and other information services (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (14%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Construction laborers (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Waiters and waitresses (10%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (7%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Crescent Lake, Oregon
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Crescent Lake-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Oregon state average. It is 421% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 274.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 293.3 miles away from Crescent Lake center
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 209.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK) earthquake occurred 380.8 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 4/25/1992 at 18:06:04, a magnitude 7.2 (6.3 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.4 mi) earthquake occurred 245.5 miles away from Crescent Lake center, causing $75,000,000 total damage
On 8/17/1991 at 22:17:14, a magnitude 7.1 (6.2 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.1 MW, 6.8 ML, Depth: 8.4 mi) earthquake occurred 231.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Klamath County (6) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Drought: 1, Earthquake: 1, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Airports and heliports located in Crescent Lake:
- Crescent Lake State Airport (5S2) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 300)
- Central Cascades Fire And Ems Heliport (OR33)
Amtrak stations near Crescent Lake:
- 15 miles: CHEMULT (2ND ST. OFF US HWY. 97) . Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 20 miles: LA PINE (CHEVERON GAS STA., 16515 REED RD. AT 97) - Bus Station . Services: public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Crescent Lake:
- Central Oregon Community College (about 49 miles; Bend, OR; Full-time enrollment: 5,217)
- Oregon Institute of Technology (about 81 miles; Klamath Falls, OR; FT enrollment: 2,900)
- Lane Community College (about 81 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 6,373)
- University of Oregon (about 84 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 23,329)
- Southern Oregon University (about 100 miles; Ashland, OR; FT enrollment: 4,650)
- Linn-Benton Community College (about 110 miles; Albany, OR; FT enrollment: 4,511)
- Rogue Community College (about 113 miles; Grants Pass, OR; FT enrollment: 3,600)
Notable locations in Crescent Lake: Princess Creek Campground Boat Ramp (A), Trapper Creek Boat Ramp (B), Shelter Cove Boat Ramp (C), Beaver Marsh Guard Station (D), Mazama Junction (E), Johnson Meadow Guard Station (F), Crescent Lake Resort Boat Ramp (G), Sunset Cove Campground Boat Ramp (H), Jamison Ranch (I), Jack Creek Corral (J), Scott Creek Recreation Site (K), Sand Creek Junction (L), Halfway House (M), JC Collins Ranch (N), Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Substation (O), Boundary Springs Recreation Site (P), Crescent Lake Guard Station (Q), Crescent Lake Resort (R), Summit Lake Recreation Site (S), Spring Butte Well Camp (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: North Rosary Lake (A), Suzanne Lake (B), Darlene Lake (C), Yoran Lake (D), Lils Lake (E), Arrowhead Lake (F), Hidden Lake (G), Bonnie Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Johnston Creek (A), Middle Fork Copeland Creek (B), Munson Creek (C), North Fork Copeland Creek (D), South Fork Copeland Creek (E), Howlock Creek (F), Goodbye Creek (G), Hemlock Creek (H), Gideon Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Crescent Lake include: Jackson F Kimball State Park (1), Sinnott Memorial (2), Crater Lake National Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.9% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Crescent Lake CCD (based on Klamath County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Klamath County:||2.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Klamath County:||1.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Klamath County:||2.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.93 / 10,000 pop.|
5.92% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,397 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($283 average AGI)
Klamath County: 0.04% Oregon average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Jackson County, OR||0.41% ($25,044 average AGI)|
|from Siskiyou County, CA||0.24% ($27,833)|
|from Lane County, OR||0.24% ($22,302)|
5.97% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,916 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($383 average AGI)
Klamath County: 0.06% Oregon average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Crescent Lake:
- KPNW (1120 AM; 50 kW; EUGENE, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KICE (940 AM; 10 kW; BEND, OR; Owner: GCC BEND, LLC)
- KBND (1110 AM; 13 kW; BEND, OR; Owner: COMBINED COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KGRV (700 AM; 25 kW; WINSTON, OR; Owner: PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDUN (1030 AM; 50 kW; REEDSPORT, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KXL (750 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KPAM (860 AM; 50 kW; TROUTDALE, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KEX (1190 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOTK (1080 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - PORTLAND RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KAPL (1300 AM; 20 kW; PHOENIX, OR; Owner: APPLEGATE MEDIA, INC.)
- KZTU (660 AM; 10 kW; JUNCTION CITY, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KTMT (580 AM; 10 kW; ASHLAND, OR; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Crescent Lake:
- KKRB (106.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: WYNNE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- K261BF (100.1 FM; BLACK BUTTE, ETC., OR; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KQAK (105.7 FM; BEND, OR; Owner: HORIZON BROADCASTING GROUP, LLC)
- K281AF (104.1 FM; OAKRIDGE, OR; Owner: MCKENZIE RIVER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KXIX (94.1 FM; BEND, OR; Owner: GCC BEND, LLC)
- K220IG (91.9 FM; CHEMULT, OR; Owner: PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- K206AF (89.1 FM; BEAVER MARSH, ETC., OR; Owner: SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Crescent Lake:
- K07PS (Channel 7; CHEMULT, ETC., OR; Owner: CALIFORNIA OREGON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K06LI (Channel 6; CHEMULT, OR; Owner: NPG OF OREGON, INC.)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1
- 6 Miles Se Of Crescent Lake (Lat: 43.470694 Lon: -121.863889), Type: Mast, Structure height: 15.2 m, Overall height: 18.3 m, Call Sign: KNKQ393
Assigned Frequencies: 869.040 MHz, 869.040 MHz, 869.040 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 845.010 MHz, 845.010 MHz, 845.010 MHzGrant Date: 09/04/2013, Expiration Date: 10/01/2023, Certifier: John T Scott IiiRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- CRESCENT LAKE OR, Lat: 43.516667 Lon: -121.971389, Call Sign: WPUQ803
Assigned Frequencies: 159.195 MHz, 159.195 MHzGrant Date: 04/11/2012, Expiration Date: 04/16/2022, Certifier: Milo F DavidsonRegistrant: Central Cascades Fire & Ems, 20400 Crescent Lake Hwy, Crescent Lake, OR 97733, Phone: (541) 433-2800
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- CRESCENT LAKE, 21960 Crescent Lake Highway (Lat: 43.509278 Lon: -121.969472), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 9.2 m, Call Sign: WQQY590
Assigned Frequencies: 11245.0 MHzGrant Date: 03/26/2013, Expiration Date: 03/26/2023, Certifier: Thomas J McgovernRegistrant: Prokarma, 222 S 15th St Suite 505n, Omaha, NE 68102, Phone: (402) 522-5068, Fax: (402) 233-3179, Email:
- Willamette Pass, Willamette Pass Peak 1 (Lat: 43.606611 Lon: -122.019944), Type: Pipe, Structure height: 10 m, Call Sign: KE9810Grant Date: 10/03/1977, Expiration Date: 02/01/2023Registrant: Kezi, Inc., Eugene, OR 97401, Phone: (541) 225-1110, Fax: (541) 342-1568, Email:
- STATION, Sp Depot (Lat: 43.509278 Lon: -121.969472), Overall height: 7.6 m, Call Sign: KNQ86
Assigned Frequencies: 2198.40 MHzGrant Date: 07/13/2010, Expiration Date: 09/27/2020, Cancellation Date: 12/01/2011Registrant: Union Pacific Railroad, 1400 Douglas St. Stop 0650, Omaha, NE 68179, Phone: (402) 544-1777, Fax: (402) 280-6565, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:4
- Call Sign: WB7DIP, Licensee ID: L00563273, Grant Date: 08/28/2012, Expiration Date: 11/24/2022, Certifier: Milo F Davidson Sr, Registrant: Milo F Davidson Sr, 21950 Cresent Lake Hwy, Crescent Lake, OR 97733
- Call Sign: KD7NXW, Licensee ID: L00380839, Grant Date: 07/08/2011, Expiration Date: 07/20/2021, Certifier: Zane M Kenney, Registrant: Camp Makualla Staff Assn., Fr 60, Crescent Lake, OR 97425
- Call Sign: KE7GHN, Licensee ID: L01111351, Grant Date: 01/27/2006, Expiration Date: 01/27/2016, Cancellation Date: 03/31/2006, Certifier: Nicholas L Goevelinger, Registrant: Nicholas L Goevelinger, Crescent Lake, OR 97425
- Call Sign: W7NLG, Previous Call Sign: KE7GHN, Licensee ID: L01111351, Grant Date: 03/31/2006, Expiration Date: 03/31/2016, Certifier: Nickolas L Goevelinger, Registrant: Nickolas L Goevelinger, Crescent Lake, OR 97425
Drinking water stations with addresses in Crescent Lake and their reported violations in the past:SHELTER COVE RESORT/MARINA (Population served: 250, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:ODELL LAKE RESORT (Population served: 82, Groundwater):
- 4 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Crescent Lake that have no violations reported:
- ODELL SPORTSMEN CENTER (Population served: 150, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (44%)
- Electricity (28%)
- Utility gas (15%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Crescent Lake compared to Oregon state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Crescent Lake on our top lists:
- #70 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest surface withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2012 Presidential Election (pop. 50,000+)"