|Median resident age:||38.8 years|
|Iowa median age:||44.4 years|
Zip codes: 50801.
Creston city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $88,718 (it was $57,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $622.
- White alone - 7,429 (94.8%)
- Hispanic - 183 (2.3%)
- Black alone - 81 (1.0%)
- Two or more races - 74 (0.9%)
- Asian alone - 48 (0.6%)
- American Indian alone - 15 (0.2%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.03%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.03%)
|A major dose of Spring for Iowa! (24 replies)|
|What would you consider Northern/Central/Southern/Western/Eastern Iowa? (9 replies)|
|Possibly moving to South Des Moines - Info PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (28 replies)|
|Looking for the perfect small town in Iowa ! (101 replies)|
|Moving to southern Iowa? (1 reply)|
|How Are Your Local Police Doing (3 replies)|
Latest news from Creston, IA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (25.3%), Irish (14.4%), United States (11.7%), English (10.5%), Dutch (4.6%), French (2.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 04/22/1871
Land area: 5.08 square miles.
Population density: 1,553 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Creston:
- High school or higher: 90.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.6%
- Unemployed: 3.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 10.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Creston city:
- Never married: 29.4%
- Now married: 48.9%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 12.4%
103 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Iowa and other state lists there were 17 registered sex offenders living in Creston, Iowa as of May 23, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Creston to the number of sex offenders is 463 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,414 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,391 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Des Moines, IA (53.3 miles , pop. 198,682).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Omaha, NE (87.0 miles , pop. 390,007).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (350.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Cromwell, IA (2.3 miles) , Kent, IA (3.0 miles) , Afton, IA (3.0 miles ), Orient, IA (3.2 miles ), Arispe, IA (3.3 miles) , Shannon City, IA (3.5 miles) , Prescott, IA (3.6 miles ), Macksburg, IA (3.8 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 1998: 10 buildings, average cost: $62,700
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $90,400
- 2000: 15 buildings, average cost: $113,700
- 2001: 9 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $127,500
- 2003: 10 buildings, average cost: $115,900
- 2004: 10 buildings, average cost: $121,800
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $199,900
- 2006: 10 buildings, average cost: $188,400
- 2007: 11 buildings, average cost: $166,600
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $185,000
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $172,500
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $235,000
- 2011: 6 buildings, average cost: $258,300
- 2012: 16 buildings, average cost: $130,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 41.06 N, Longitude: 94.36 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,825 (+23.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,190 (82.9%)
Area code: 641
|Crime rates in Creston by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 297.6)||151.1||185.7||218.6||214.4||201.8||229.8||174.4||148.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Creston detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.40|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -355 (-4.5%).
- Manufacturing (26%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Construction (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Manufacturing (23%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Public administration (3%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Registered nurses (4%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (4%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in Creston, Iowa
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Creston-area historical tornado activity is near Iowa state average. It is 94% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/27/1995, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 3.0 miles away from the Creston city center injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/8/1999, a category F4 tornado 3.1 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused $2 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Creston-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Iowa state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 388.7 miles away from the city center
On 7/16/2004 at 12:17:30, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 MW, 3.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 68.6 miles away from Creston center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 376.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 373.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 261.4 miles away from Creston center
On 2/11/1995 at 05:54:10, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 49.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Union County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Julee Cruise - Pop singer, Marcia Wallace - Actress, John Robinson (drummer) - Drummer, Don Corbitt - Football player, Hal Smith (pitcher) - Baseball player, Walter Cunningham - (b. 1932), astronaut.
Hospitals and medical centers in Creston:
- BURLINGTON HOUSE (605 GRAND AVENUE)
- GREATER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Local, provides emergency services, 1700 WEST TOWNLINE ROAD)
- SUNCREST GROUP HOME (607 GRAND AVENUE)
- CRESTON DIALYSIS (1700 W TOWNLINE ST #2B)
- GREATER REGIONAL HOME CARE (1715 WEST PRAIRIE, SUITE A)
- NURSES ON CALL (500 EAST TAYLOR)
- CREST HAVEN CARE CENTRE (1000 EAST HOWARD)
- CRESTON MANOR (1001 COTTONWOOD DRIVE)
- CRESTON NURSING AND REHAB CENTER (1001 COTTONWOOD DRIVE)
Airports, heliports and other landing facilities located in Creston:
- Creston Municipal Airport (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 2,180, Local Ops: 2,320)
- Mercer Field Airport (Runways: 1)
- Greater Community Hospital Heliport
- Wallace Field Ultralight
College/University in Creston:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Creston:
- Drake University (about 53 miles; Des Moines, IA; Full-time enrollment: 3,768)
- Northwest Missouri State University (about 56 miles; Maryville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,946)
- Des Moines Area Community College (about 60 miles; Ankeny, IA; FT enrollment: 15,337)
- Iowa Western Community College (about 77 miles; Council Bluffs, IA; FT enrollment: 5,344)
- Iowa State University (about 77 miles; Ames, IA; FT enrollment: 28,662)
- Bellevue University (about 82 miles; Bellevue, NE; FT enrollment: 7,139)
- Creighton University (about 84 miles; Omaha, NE; FT enrollment: 5,370)
Public high schools in Creston:
Public elementary/middle schools in Creston:
- Creston Elementary School (Students: 513; Location: 805 Academic Ave; Grades: 1-5)
- Creston Middle School (Students: 301; Location: 805 Academic Ave.; Grades: 6-8)
- Creston Early Childhood Center School (Students: 154; Location: 901 N Elm St; Grades: PK-1)
- St Malachy School (Students: 120; Location: 403 West Clark Street; Grades: PK-8)
- Mayflower Heritage Christian School (Students: 28; Location: PO Box 304; Grades: K-8)
Private elementary/middle schools in Creston:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- You might also add the actress Marcia Wallace of the Bob Newhart Show and the Simpsons to famous people born in Creston, Iowa.
Notable locations in Creston: Sears Sports Complex (A), Union County Historical Village and Museum (B), Creston (C), Cozy Camper Campgrounds (D), Matilda Gibson Memorial Library (E), Creston Fire Department (F), Union County Sheriff Office (G), Union County Courthouse (H), Frank Phillips Visitors Information Center (I), Creston City Hall (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Creston include: Saint Pauls Episcopal Church (A), Holy Spirit Church (B), Fairview Congregational Church (C), United Church of Christ (D), Presbyterian Church (E), First Christian Church of Christ (F), Assembly of God Church (G), Abundant Life Church (H), Solid Rock Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Lake McKinley (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Creston include: Veterans of Foreign Wars Ballfield (1), Rainbow Park (2), McKinley Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Super 8 Creston IA (804 West Taylor), Creston Super 8 Motel (900 South Sumner Avenue), Berning Motor Inn (1009 West Adams Street), Holiday Motel (800 South Walnut Street), Super 8 (804 West Taylor Street).
Court: Union County - Juvenile Court Ofc (211 South Elm Street).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Creston and their reported violations in the past:CRESTON WATER SUPPLY (Population served: 7,834, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - In JUN-2013, Contaminant: Chlorite. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUL-16-2013), St Public Notif requested (JUL-19-2013), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-19-2013), St Public Notif received (JUN-20-2014)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2011 and DEC-2011, Contaminant: CARBON, TOTAL. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (NOV-10-2011), St Formal NOV issued (MAR-09-2012), St Public Notif requested (MAR-09-2012), St Public Notif received (APR-13-2012)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - In SEP-2011, Contaminant: Chlorite. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (OCT-20-2011), St Formal NOV issued (OCT-25-2011), St Public Notif requested (OCT-25-2011), St Public Notif received (JAN-18-2012)
- Monthly Turbidity Exceed (Enhanced SWTR) - In JAN-2009, Contaminant: IESWTR. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (FEB-19-2009), St Compliance achieved (JUN-07-2010)
- Single Turbidity Exceed (Enhanced SWTR) - In DEC-2008, Contaminant: IESWTR. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (DEC-29-2008), St Public Notif requested (DEC-29-2008), St Boil Water Order (DEC-29-2008), St Public Notif received (FEB-05-2009), St Compliance achieved (JUN-07-2010)
- 2 other older monitoring violations
(20.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 89.8% for Black residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 33.8% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Creston in 2010:
- 112 people in college/university student housing
- 82 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 64 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 22 people in group homes intended for adults
- 9 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Creston in 2000:
- 124 people in nursing homes
- 60 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 38 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 9 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Creston compared to Iowa state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Creston (2011 data):
- Iowa State Savings Bank: Detached Tellers Facility, - Southern B, at 401 West Adams Street. Info updated 2008/07/17: Bank assets: $189.5 mil, Deposits: $162.6 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Iowa Community Bancorp, Inc.
- The First National Bank in Creston: Consumer Office at 801 West Taylor Street, branch established on 1988/07/05; The First National Bank In Creston at 101 West Adams Street, branch established on 1871/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $205.0 mil, Deposits: $176.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Northwest Financial Corp.
- First Federal Savings Bank of Creston, F.S.B.: First Federal Savings Bank Of Creston, F.S.b. at 501 W. Taylor St., branch established on 1991/11/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $72.0 mil, Deposits: $64.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Whitmore Company, Inc.
- Great Western Bank: Creston Branch at 103 West Taylor, branch established on 2002/04/08. Info updated 2010/06/08: Bank assets: $8,458.0 mil, Deposits: $6,362.5 mil, headquarters in Watertown, SD, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 187 total offices, Holding Company: National Australia Bank Limited
- State Savings Bank: at 602 Sheldon, branch established on 1915/01/01. Info updated 2011/10/07: Bank assets: $85.8 mil, Deposits: $77.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Bedford Bancorp, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Creston, Iowa:
- Super 8 Motel Creston, 804 W Taylor St, Creston, IA 50801 , Phone: (641) 782-6541, Fax: (641) 782-6541
- Supertel Inn & Convention Center, 800 Laurel St, Creston, IA 50801 , Phone: (641) 782-7873, Fax: (641) 782-7876
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (68%)
- Electricity (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- Wood (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Creston city (based on Union County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 58.35%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||United Methodist Church||United Church of Christ||General Association of Regular Baptist Churches|
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Lutheran Church||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Union County:||1.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Union County:||8.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||10||$15,418||$18,502||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$43,940||$47,935||0||$0|
|Police - Other||4||$13,698||$41,094||2||$2,940|
|Streets and Highways||8||$25,243||$37,865||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||0||$0||2||$584|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$4,225||$50,700||3||$910|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$10,292||$41,168||1||$89|
|Totals for Government||50||$158,114||$37,947||18||$11,291|
Creston government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - General - Other: $95,000 ($12.05)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $2,009,000 ($254.72)
General - Other: $1,086,000 ($137.69)
Police Protection: $885,000 ($112.21)
Financial Administration: $740,000 ($93.83)
Regular Highways: $658,000 ($83.43)
Solid Waste Management: $391,000 ($49.58)
Sewerage: $370,000 ($46.91)
Local Fire Protection: $349,000 ($44.25)
Parks and Recreation: $264,000 ($33.47)
Libraries: $110,000 ($13.95)
Air Transportation: $99,000 ($12.55)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $78,000 ($9.89)
Correctional Institutions: $55,000 ($6.97)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $35,000 ($4.44)
General Public Buildings: $30,000 ($3.80)
Judicial and Legal Services: $19,000 ($2.41)
Central Staff Services: $12,000 ($1.52)
Health - Other: $7,000 ($0.89)
- General - Interest on Debt: $172,000 ($21.81)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Police Protection: $198,000 ($25.10)
General - Other: $58,000 ($7.35)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $1,259,000 ($159.63)
Regular Highways: $94,000 ($11.92)
Sewerage: $80,000 ($10.14)
Police Protection: $48,000 ($6.09)
Libraries: $22,000 ($2.79)
Financial Administration: $9,000 ($1.14)
Parks and Recreation: $3,000 ($0.38)
Local Fire Protection: $3,000 ($0.38)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $2,480,000 ($314.44)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $39,000 ($4.94)
Creston government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $974,000 ($123.49)
Solid Waste Management: $478,000 ($60.61)
Air Transportation: $63,000 ($7.99)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $43,000 ($5.45)
Parks and Recreation: $40,000 ($5.07)
All Other: $27,000 ($3.42)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $1,107,000 ($140.36)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $397,000 ($50.34)
Water Utilities: $253,000 ($32.08)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $563,000 ($71.38)
Interest Earnings: $266,000 ($33.73)
Rents: $38,000 ($4.82)
Sale of Property: $19,000 ($2.41)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,911,000 ($242.30)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $636,000 ($80.64)
All Other: $164,000 ($20.79)
General Local Government Support: $7,000 ($0.89)
- Tax - Property: $2,472,000 ($313.43)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $564,000 ($71.51)
Other License: $83,000 ($10.52)
Other Selective Sales: $79,000 ($10.02)
Creston government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $5,245,000 ($665.02)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $3,685,000 ($467.22)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $2,127,000 ($269.68)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $567,000 ($71.89)
Creston government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $8,154,000 ($1033.85)
6.18% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,307 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Polk County, IA||0.78% ($33,622 average AGI)|
|from Adair County, IA||0.48% ($23,391)|
|from Ringgold County, IA||0.36% ($17,824)|
6.35% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($46,119 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Creston:
- KSIB (1520 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CRESTON, IA; Owner: G. O. RADIO, LTD.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KPSZ (940 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KBGG (1700 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KYFR (920 AM; 5 kW; SHENANDOAH, IA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KMA (960 AM; 5 kW; SHENANDOAH, IA; Owner: KMA BROADCASTING L.P.)
- WOI (640 AM; 5 kW; AMES, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIV., OF SCIENCE & TECH.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Creston:
- KSIB-FM (101.3 FM; CRESTON, IA; Owner: G. O. RADIO, LIMITED)
- K203DB (88.5 FM; CRESTON, IA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- W215AR (90.9 FM; CRESTON, IA; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KJJC (107.1 FM; OSCEOLA, IA; Owner: THOMAS H. BURKE, RECEIVER FOR LIFESTYLE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KKRF (107.9 FM; STUART, IA; Owner: COON VALLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Creston:
- KHIN (Channel 36; RED OAK, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 15
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 24
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 7
- Fatalities: 19
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 48
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 80
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 123
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 25
- Fatalities: 86
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 199
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 8
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 53 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Creston, IA)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Creston)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 2 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Creston)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 17 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
|Most common first names in Creston, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Creston, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Creston, IA|
|H&R Block||1||Super 8||1|
|Jones New York||1||U-Haul||1|
Creston on our top lists:
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers (population 5,000+)"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (population 5,000+)"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of workers with very short commute times (9 minutes or less) (population 5,000+)"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Alcoholic beverage merchant wholesalers (population 5,000+)"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally retarded (population 5,000+)"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Rail transportation (population 5,000+)"
- #46 on the list of "Top 100 high-educated but low-earning cities (pop. 5,000+)"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest temperature differences during a year (population 5,000+)"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers (population 5,000+)"
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2015.