|Median resident age:||43.0 years|
|Oregon median age:||36.3 years|
Crooked River CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $176,553 (it was $94,700 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,946 (94.1%)
- Hispanic - 68 (2.2%)
- Two or more races - 61 (1.9%)
- American Indian alone - 50 (1.6%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.1%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.03%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Land area: 2136.2 square miles.
Population density: 1.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Crooked River:
- High school or higher: 77.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.5%
- Unemployed: 12.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Crooked River CCD:
- Never married: 12.4%
- Now married: 67.6%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 6.5%
- Divorced: 13.6%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Crooked River CCD:||1.1% ($1,018)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Bend, OR (50.3 miles , pop. 52,029).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northwest Clackamas, OR (146.8 miles , pop. 224,220).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (697.6 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Ochoco, OR (5.3 miles ), Prineville, OR (5.7 miles ), Mitchell, OR (6.0 miles) , Powell Butte, OR (6.2 miles ), Pronghorn, OR (6.7 miles) , Ashwood, OR (6.8 miles ), Redmond, OR (6.8 miles ), Dayville, OR (6.9 miles) .
Latitude: 44.06 N, Longitude: 120.30 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Wood products (22%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (22%)
- Construction (13%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (3%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Health care (12%)
- Wood products (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- U. S. Postal service (5%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (15%)
- Farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Woodworkers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Bus drivers (4%)
Average climate in Crooked River, Oregon
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Crooked River-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Oregon state average. It is 390% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 284.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 355.1 miles away from Crooked River center
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 244.9 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 288.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 322.6 miles away from Crooked River center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK) earthquake occurred 442.3 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Crook County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Landslides: 2, Mudslides: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Crooked River:
- Central Oregon Community College (about 53 miles; Bend, OR; Full-time enrollment: 5,217)
- Lane Community College (about 137 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 6,373)
- University of Oregon (about 139 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 23,329)
- Eastern Oregon University (about 139 miles; La Grande, OR; FT enrollment: 3,127)
- Clackamas Community College (about 142 miles; Oregon City, OR; FT enrollment: 4,261)
- Mt Hood Community College (about 144 miles; Gresham, OR; FT enrollment: 11,847)
- Linn-Benton Community College (about 145 miles; Albany, OR; FT enrollment: 4,511)
Notable locations in Crooked River: Kizer Ranch (A), Prineville Reservoir County Boat Ramp (B), Mayfield Ranch (C), Stearns Ranch (D), Bonnieview Ranch (E), Prinville Reservoir State Park Boat Ramp (F), Klaus Ranch (G), Chimney Rock Campground (H), Mills Upper Ranch (I), McCormack Ranch (J), Rickman Ranch (K), Miller Ranch (L), Sugar Creek Recreation Site (M), Powell Ranch (N), Cow Camp (O), Severance Ranch (P), Glenn Ranch (Q), Robertson Ranch (R), Bernard Ranch (S), Big Springs Recreation Site (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Maury Mountain Cemetery (1), Barnes Cemetery (2), Knox Cemetery (3), Beaver Creek Cemetery (4), Roberts Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Miller Lake (A), Jacks Camp Reservoir (B), Pats Reservoir (C), Spencer Reservoir (D), Hillside Reservoir (E), Meadow Reservoir (F), Pickett Lake (G), Double Cabin Pond (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Wolf Creek (A), Klootchman Creek (B), Keys Creek (C), Keeney Creek (D), Cemetery Creek (E), Jackson Creek (F), Indian Trail Creek (G), Committee Creek (H), Poison Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Crooked River include: Antelope Reservoir Recreation Site (1), Bottero Park (2), Prineville Reservoir State Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Crooked River compared to Oregon state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (47%)
- Wood (33%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (6%)
- Other fuel (4%)
- Utility gas (3%)
Religion statistics for Crooked River CCD (based on Crook County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 27.39%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Southern Baptist Convention|
|Name||Conservative Baptist Association of America||Assemblies of God||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||Church of the Nazarene||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Crook County:||2.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Crook County:||1.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Crook County:||3.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.93 / 10,000 pop.|
7.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,981 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Deschutes County, OR||2.00% ($35,906 average AGI)|
|from Multnomah County, OR||0.39% ($37,222)|
|from Clackamas County, OR||0.37% ($38,962)|
7.92% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($40,404 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Crooked River:
- KBND (1110 AM; 13 kW; BEND, OR; Owner: COMBINED COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KICE (940 AM; 10 kW; BEND, OR; Owner: GCC BEND, LLC)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXL (750 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KPNW (1120 AM; 50 kW; EUGENE, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KPAM (860 AM; 50 kW; TROUTDALE, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KOTK (1080 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - PORTLAND RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KEX (1190 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KKSN (1520 AM; 50 kW; OREGON CITY, OR; Owner: ENTERCOM PORTLAND LICENSE, LLC)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KKAD (1550 AM; 50 kW; VANCOUVER, WA; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-WASHINGTON, INC)
- KDUN (1030 AM; 50 kW; REEDSPORT, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Crooked River:
- KWRX (88.5 FM; REDMOND, OR; Owner: ST BD OF HIGHER ED FOR THE UN OF OR)
TV broadcast stations around Crooked River:
- K06JN (Channel 6; SEVERANCE RANCH, ETC, OR; Owner: NPG OF OREGON, INC.)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: N7MQL, Licensee ID: L00605712
Grant Date: 12/10/2002, Expiration Date: 03/09/2013, Certifier: Jack C Peasley
Registrant: Jack C Peasley, 14818 Sw Chickadee, Crooked River, OR 97760
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: BEECH V35 (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 150 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR I0-470 SERIES (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9548R , Serial Number: D-6110, Year manufactured: 1959
Registrant (Corporation): Rowan Inc, C/O Mary Thompson / Po Box 1363, Crooked River, OR 97760
Crooked River on our top lists:
- #45 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"