Crystal: Fall Mt Katahdin Crystal Maine
Crystal: From Patten entering Crystal.
Crystal: Fall Mt Katahdin Crystal Maine
Crystal: Stream Crystal Maine
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||51.8 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04747.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,071 (it was $14,338 in 2000)
Crystal town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $86,536 (it was $48,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $116,614; Detached houses: $123,203; Townhouses or other attached units: $211,922; In 2-unit structures: $83,442; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $28,261; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $183,556; Mobile homes: $54,820; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $55,511
Races in Crystal, ME (2010)
- 26698.9%White alone
- 10.4%American Indian alone
- 10.4%Two or more races
|First Snow in Maine (36 replies)|
|I have a question (19 replies)|
|This may be the cheapest house I've ever seen (21 replies)|
|Not Sure I Can Escape My Roots (13 replies)|
|LePages Turns the Tables on the Enviros (82 replies)|
|Photos of Maine (4365 replies)|
Latest news from Crystal, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (39.6%), Irish (19.3%), French (17.2%), Scotch-Irish (5.3%), United States (5.3%), French Canadian (4.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/21/1901
Elevation: 511 feet
Land area: 40.1 square miles.
Population density: 6.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Crystal:
- High school or higher: 76.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 12.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Crystal town:
- Never married: 19.4%
- Now married: 63.8%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 12.9%
2 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Crystal, Maine as of October 17, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Crystal to the number of sex offenders is 272 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Crystal town:||1.0% ($468)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (186.1 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (287.6 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (450.6 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Island Falls, ME (2.2 miles ), Patten, ME (2.2 miles ), Sherman, ME (2.6 miles ), Hersey, ME (2.6 miles) , Stacyville, ME (2.8 miles ), Mount Chase, ME (3.0 miles ), Dyer Brook, ME (3.1 miles) , Merrill, ME (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 45.99 N, Longitude: 68.36 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (20%)
- Public administration (15%)
- Wood products (10%)
- Social assistance (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Food (5%)
- Health care (28%)
- Social assistance (12%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Other direct selling establishments (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Carpenters (8%)
- Woodworkers (8%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Engineers (7%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (25%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (10%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Life, physical, and social science technicians (6%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
- Special education teachers (4%)
Average climate in Crystal, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Crystal-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 280.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 114.2 miles away from Crystal center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 66.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 324.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 234.5 miles away from Crystal center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 47.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Crystal:
- University of Maine (about 78 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 83 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 127 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 135 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 183 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 187 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 187 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Churches in Crystal include: Belvedere Church (A), Patten United Methodist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Crystal Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and swamps: Lost Pond (A), Thousand Acre Bog (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Webster Brook (A), Crystal Brook (B), Lyman Brook (C), Cold Brook (D), Bog Brook (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Crystal town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Crystal:
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WSYY (1240 AM; 1 kW; MILLINOCKET, ME; Owner: KATAHDIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Crystal:
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSYY-FM (94.9 FM; MILLINOCKET, ME; Owner: KATAHDIN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQHR (96.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOZI (101.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 31m102ftTotal length
- $216,000Total costs
- 7,076Total average daily traffic
- 720Total average daily truck traffic
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: AEROS LTD SKYRANGER II (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 912S (100 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 75561 , Serial Number: SKR 0210262, Year manufactured: 2004, Airworthiness Date: 01/05/2008
Registrant (Individual): Vernon L Jr Anderson, 244 Winding Hill Rd, Crystal, ME 04747
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (80%)
- Wood (20%)
Crystal compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.