|Median resident age:||43.2 years|
|Tennessee median age:||39.3 years|
Zip codes: 37050.
Cumberland City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $85,343 (it was $52,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $653.
- White alone - 270 (86.8%)
- Black alone - 32 (10.3%)
- Two or more races - 4 (1.3%)
- Asian alone - 3 (1.0%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.3%)
- Hispanic - 1 (0.3%)
|Looking for a small safe town in Tennessee to raise our kids (10 replies)|
|Relocating (1 reply)|
Latest news from Cumberland City, TN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (18.3%), Irish (17.7%), United States (7.1%), English (6.6%), Subsaharan African (3.7%), Arab (3.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1903
Elevation: 390 feet
Land area: 4.81 square miles.
|Population density: 64 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in Cumberland City:
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.3%
- Unemployed: 12.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 35.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cumberland City town:
- Never married: 34.0%
- Now married: 39.0%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 6.4%
- Divorced: 17.9%
8 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Cumberland City, Tennessee as of January 29, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Cumberland City to the number of sex offenders is 154 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,139 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $724 (0.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Clarksville, TN (19.6 miles , pop. 103,455).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Metropolitan Government, TN (51.4 miles , pop. 569,891).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (377.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Cumberland City-Carlisle, TN (2.2 miles ), Erin, TN (2.4 miles ), Palmyra-Shiloh, TN (2.8 miles ), Tennessee Ridge, TN (2.9 miles ), Woodlawn-Dotsonville, TN (3.0 miles ), Slayden, TN (3.4 miles) , Indian Mound-Bumpus Mills, TN (3.5 miles ), Dover, TN (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $150,000
Latitude: 36.39 N, Longitude: 87.64 W
Area code: 931
|Crime rates in Cumberland City by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 298.9)||118.8||12.7||79.8||145.9||385.0||163.9||271.3||974.4||374.8||787.8||238.2||803.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Cumberland City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||12.90|
- Manufacturing (30%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Health care and social assistance (15%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Wholesale trade (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (26%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Information (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (20%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (14%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (10%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (8%)
- Electricians (7%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (23%)
- Cashiers (16%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (9%)
- Child care workers (9%)
- Bus drivers (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
Average climate in Cumberland City, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cumberland City-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Tennessee state average. It is 62% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1970, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 28.7 miles away from the Cumberland City town center killed 3 people and injured 85 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/27/2000, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.1 miles away from the town center caused $1 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Cumberland City-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 143.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 110.7 miles away from Cumberland City center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 117.9 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 122.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 168.6 miles away from Cumberland City center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 159.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Stewart County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 6, Winds: 3, Winter Storms: 2, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Cumberland City:
- PATIENTS' CHOICE MEDICAL CENTER OF ERIN Critical Access Hospitals (about 6 miles away; ERIN, TN)
- (CLOSED) TRINITY HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 7 miles away; ERIN, TN)
- SIGNATURE HEALTHCARE OF ERIN (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; ERIN, TN)
- PALMYRA HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; PALMYRA, TN)
- MANOR HOUSE OF DOVER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; DOVER, TN)
- GENERAL CARE CONVALESCENT CENTER ICF (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; CLARKSVILLE, TN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cumberland City:
- Austin Peay State University (about 19 miles; Clarksville, TN; Full-time enrollment: 8,621)
- Hopkinsville Community College (about 36 miles; Hopkinsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,269)
- Murray State University (about 41 miles; Murray, KY; FT enrollment: 8,930)
- Nashville State Community College (about 48 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 6,436)
- Tennessee State University (about 48 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 7,341)
- Vanderbilt University (about 50 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 10,518)
- Belmont University (about 51 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 5,795)
Notable locations in Cumberland City: McCartys Landing (A), Stewart County Volunteer Fire Service Station 6 Cumberland City (B), Cumberland City Steam Plant (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Graveyard Hill Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Lickskillet Branch (A), Guices Creek (B), Booster Branch (C), Wells Creek (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 52.6. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 1.76. This is about average. Closest monitor was 0.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 16.5. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 16.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.48. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.4 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Cumberland City and their reported violations in the past:CUMBERLAND CITY WATER DEPT. (Population served: 682, Purch_surface_water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up and Routine Tap Sampling - Between JAN-1994 and DEC-1994, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-21-1994), St Compliance achieved (2 times from DEC-08-1994 to DEC-31-1994)
(19.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 46.6% for Black residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 37.8% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Cumberland City compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
Banks with branches in Cumberland City (2011 data):
- Regions Bank: Cumberland City Branch at 107 Main Street, branch established on 1934/03/06. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (76%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Utility gas (4%)
- Wood (4%)
Religion statistics for Cumberland City town (based on Stewart County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 57.57%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||National Association of Free Will Baptists||Churches of Christ||Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)|
|Name||Catholic Church||Church of the Nazarene||Pentecostal Church of God||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Stewart County:||0.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Stewart County:||0.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Stewart County:||5.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$4,576||$27,456||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$51|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$7,676||$30,704||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$2,338||$28,056||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||7||$16,928||$29,019||1||$51|
8.18% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200533,692 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.89% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200629,077 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cumberland City:
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDKN (1260 AM; 5 kW; DICKSON, TN; Owner: EDMISSON & EUBANK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCTZ (1550 AM; 3 kW; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: WINSTON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJQI (540 AM; 1 kW; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WPLN (1430 AM; 15 kW; MADISON, TN)
- WMUF (1000 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PARIS, TN; Owner: BENTON-WEATHERFORD B/CTING OF TN,INC)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WJZM (1400 AM; 1 kW; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: COMBERLAND RADIO PARTNERS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cumberland City:
- WCVQ (107.9 FM; FORT CAMPBELL, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WQZQ-FM (102.5 FM; DICKSON, TN; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTPR-FM (101.5 FM; MCKINNON, TN; Owner: WENK BROADCAST GROUP)
- WVVR (100.3 FM; HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF TUCKESSEE, LLC)
- WVRY (105.1 FM; WAVERLY, TN; Owner: REACH SATELLITE NETWORK, INC.)
- WMAK (96.3 FM; MURFREESBORO, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WSM-FM (95.5 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGFX (104.5 FM; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJXA (92.9 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WRVW (107.5 FM; LEBANON, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKDZ-FM (106.5 FM; CADIZ, KY; Owner: HAM BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WAPX-FM (91.7 FM; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Owner: AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Cumberland City:
- WCKV-LP (Channel 49; CLARKSVILLE, ETC., TN; Owner: TN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WSMV-TV (Channel 4; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
- WZTV (Channel 17; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WZTV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNPX (Channel 28; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WUXP-TV (Channel 30; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WUXP LICENSEE, LLC)
Cumberland City fatal accident list:
Apr 25, 1985 04:55 PM, M000000130, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Apr 23, 1979 11:50 AM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Aug 9, 1979 11:55 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Total length: 6 meters (20ft)
Total costs: $350,000
Total average daily traffic: 2,870
Total average daily truck traffic: 114
Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic: 4,592
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KG4DNM, Licensee ID: L01526541
Grant Date: 10/27/2009, Expiration Date: 06/02/2019, Certifier: Jason M Henthorne
Registrant: Jason M Henthorne, 134 Rolling Hills Dr, Cumberland City, TN 37050
- Call Sign: N4DVJ, Licensee ID: L01012812
Grant Date: 05/04/2005, Expiration Date: 07/25/2015, Certifier: William J Bayer
Registrant: William J Bayer, 212 Gunson Ridge Rd, Cumberland City, TN 37050-4300
- Call Sign: N4PU, Previous Call Sign: AD4QK, Licensee ID: L01193686
Grant Date: 09/21/2006, Expiration Date: 12/18/2016, Cancellation Date: 02/09/2009
Registrant: James N Burns, 134 Rolling Hills Dr, Cumberland City, TN 37050
- Call Sign: W4KWL, Licensee ID: L01356149
Grant Date: 01/05/2008, Expiration Date: 01/07/2018
Registrant: Kenneth W Ledford, 138 Rolling Hills Dr, Cumberland City, TN 37050
- Call Sign: KG4HNM, Licensee ID: L00235003
Grant Date: 11/05/2011, Expiration Date: 11/05/2021, Certifier: Ira C Mercer Jr
Registrant: Ira C Mercer Jr, 1260 Elkcreek Rd, Cumberland City, TN 37050
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
- Hazardous Condition: 2
|Most common first names in Cumberland City, TN among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Cumberland City, TN among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Cumberland City, TN
- FedEx: 1
- U-Haul: 1