We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.0 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04563.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $28,055 (it was $20,264 in 2000)
Cushing town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $178,318 (it was $101,400 in 2000)
Races in Cushing, ME (2010)
- 1,50998.4%White alone
- 120.8%Two or more races
- 30.2%American Indian alone
- 10.07%Asian alone
|Will Need To Relocate A Little South - Your Wisdom And Advice, Please? (102 replies)|
|Gasoline prices in Maine rise 5.1 cents in last week. (105 replies)|
|Advise on Mid-Coast Move (41 replies)|
|Crude oil from the ND Bakken fields went through Maine (7 replies)|
|Photos of Maine (4193 replies)|
|Night Sky? (15 replies)|
Latest news from Cushing, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (27.7%), German (13.4%), Irish (9.9%), United States (9.9%), French (7.0%), Scotch-Irish (5.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 01/30/1789
Elevation: 41 feet
Land area: 19.4 square miles.
Population density: 79 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Cushing:
- High school or higher: 90.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.9%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cushing town:
- Never married: 18.7%
- Now married: 61.6%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 11.7%
10 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Cushing, Maine as of September 05, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Cushing to the number of sex offenders is 209 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Cushing town:||1.1% ($1,141)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (54.9 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (147.7 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (320.3 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Friendship, ME (1.9 miles ), St. George, ME (1.9 miles ), Thomaston, ME (2.7 miles ), South Thomaston, ME (2.7 miles ), Bremen, ME (2.9 miles ), Waldoboro, ME (3.0 miles ), Warren, ME (3.1 miles ), Owls Head, ME (3.3 miles ).
Latitude: 43.99 N, Longitude: 69.27 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (26%)
- Construction (12%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Transportation equipment (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (4%)
- Health care (14%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (22%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (3%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (6%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in Cushing, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Cushing-area historical earthquake activity is near Maine state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 121.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 223.1 miles away from Cushing center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 252.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 60.8 miles away from the city center
On 2/26/1999 at 03:38:43, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 2.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 35.9 miles away from Cushing center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 104.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Knox County (20) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 16
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 14, Storms: 10, Winter Storms: 3, Hurricanes: 2, Snows: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Cushing:
- FIELDCREST MANOR (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; WALDOBORO, ME)
- KNO-WAL-LIN HOMECARE AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 11 miles away; ROCKLAND, ME)
- KNOX CENTER FOR LONG TERM CARE (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; ROCKLAND, ME)
- KNOX CENTER FOR LTC (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; ROCKLAND, ME)
- SHORE VILLAGE REHAB AND NURSING (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; ROCKLAND, ME)
- COVE'S EDGE (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; DAMARISCOTTA, ME)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cushing:
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 36 miles; Augusta, ME; Full-time enrollment: 3,204)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 54 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 56 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 62 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Husson University (about 63 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 64 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of New England (about 68 miles; Biddeford, ME; FT enrollment: 4,539)
Public elementary/middle school in Cushing:
- Cushing Community School (Students: 72; Location: 54 CROSS ROAD; Grades: K-4)
Notable locations in Cushing: Wentworth Corners (A), Saltwater Farm Campground (B), Cushing Volunteer Fire Department (C), Olson House (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Kelleran Cemetery (1), Hyler Jameson Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and swamps: Fresh Pond (A), Far Meadow (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Beaverdam Brook (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 75.9. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 34.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 4.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 14.9. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 7.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 6.27. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 9.3 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Cushing and their reported violations in the past:SPRUCE HEAD PIZZA (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2012, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-04-2012), St Formal NOV issued (DEC-04-2012), St Public Notif received (DEC-11-2012), St Compliance achieved (MAY-08-2013)
- 19 routine major monitoring violations
- 4 regular monitoring violations
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
11 people in other group homes in 2000
Cushing compared to Maine state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (82%)
- Wood (10%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
- Electricity (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cushing town (based on Knox County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Knox County:||4.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Knox County:||2.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Knox County:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||19.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
5.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,636 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Waldo County, ME||0.56% ($33,391 average AGI)|
|from Lincoln County, ME||0.49% ($26,645)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.33% ($37,961)|
5.10% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,672 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cushing:
- WRKD (1450 AM; 1 kW; ROCKLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFAU (1280 AM; 5 kW; GARDINER, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WMTW (870 AM; 10 kW; GORHAM, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WGAN (560 AM; 5 kW; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cushing:
- WBQX (106.9 FM; THOMASTON, ME; Owner: MARINER BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNER)
- WMCM (103.3 FM; ROCKLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMEP (90.5 FM; CAMDEN, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WQSS (102.5 FM; CAMDEN, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCME (96.7 FM; BOOTHBAY HARBOR, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFZX (101.7 FM; SEARSPORT, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBFB (104.7 FM; BELFAST, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMME-FM (92.3 FM; AUGUSTA, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Cushing:
- W64BY (Channel 64; ROCKLAND, ME; Owner: CRAIG MINISTRIES, INC.)
Cushing fatal accident list:
Dec 22, 2008 05:20 PM, River Road, Lat: 44.02201, Lon: -69.22562, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Jul 7, 2003 11:55 AM, River Road, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Mar 4, 2001 05:45 PM, Sr-97, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jul 8, 1997 03:30 PM, Riverroad, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
May 28, 1994 07:18 PM, Cushing Rd, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 1
Jul 15, 1994 11:19 AM, Pleasantpt, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:2
- Mark L Gartley, 816 Cushing Rd (Lat: 44.059500 Lon: -69.227694), Type: 79.2, Overall height: 76.2 m
Registrant: 7733998900, Renee.Mazur@uscellular.Com, 8410 W. BRYN MAWR AVE #700
- Mark L Gartley, 816 Cushing Rd (Lat: 44.059500 Lon: -69.227694), Type: 79.2, Overall height: 76.2 m
Registrant: 2028625989, Pconnolly@hklaw.Com, 2099 PENNSYLVANIA AVE NW SUITE 100
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Cushing)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: BUCKEYE AVIATION DREAM MACHINE 2000 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: 2 Cycle
N-Number: 30120 , Serial Number: 4853
Registrant (Individual): Donald E Meklin, 886 River Rd, Cushing, ME 04563
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 11/09/2004
- Aircraft: PIPER J3C-65 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 67 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 70479 , Serial Number: 17481, Year manufactured: 1946
Registrant (Individual): Roy Vose, , Cushing, ME 00000
- Aircraft: AMERICAN LEGEND AIRCRAFT CO AL11 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-200 (100 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 797WD , Serial Number: AL-1092, Year manufactured: 2007, Airworthiness Date: 04/12/2007
Registrant (Individual): Wesley J Daggett, 583 River Rd, Cushing, ME 04563
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 5
- Hazardous Condition: 2
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2015.