Dallas City, Illinois
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||42.9 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.7 years|
Zip codes: 62330.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,005 (it was $16,188 in 2000)
Dallas City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $76,768 (it was $50,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $114,231; Detached houses: $116,744; Townhouses or other attached units: $62,154; In 2-unit structures: $58,467; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $98,662; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $548,290; Mobile homes: $49,487
Median gross rent in 2015: $557.
Races in Dallas City, IL (2010)
- 90896.1%White alone
- 131.4%Two or more races
- 30.3%Black alone
- 30.3%American Indian alone
- 30.3%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Professional services jobs are soaring, making it the fastest-growing industry Aug 21
- Internetification today Aug 19
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
|This is a new thread in the DALLAS forum on Dallas could go BANKRUPT if frced to pay over BILLION $'s in Pension debt. (56 replies)|
|Moving to Chicago, IL from Dallas. Tx (12 replies)|
Latest news from Dallas City, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (36.8%), German (28.7%), English (5.8%), Irish (2.0%), Swedish (2.0%), Scotch-Irish (1.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 05/09/1905
Elevation: 537 feet
Land area: 2.38 square miles.
Population density: 383 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Dallas City:
- High school or higher: 90.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.0%
- Unemployed: 8.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dallas City city:
- Never married: 23.9%
- Now married: 48.8%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 9.2%
- Divorced: 14.6%
33 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Dallas City, Illinois as of August 22, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Dallas City to the number of sex offenders is 928 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,494 (2.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,391 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Davenport, IA (69.5 miles , pop. 98,359).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (147.4 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (199.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Pontoosuc, IL (1.5 miles) , Lomax, IL (2.4 miles ), Fort Madison, IA (3.0 miles ), La Harpe, IL (3.3 miles ), Denmark, IA (3.4 miles ), Ferris, IL (3.4 miles) , Burlington, IA (3.5 miles ), Gulf Port, IL (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 40.64 N, Longitude: 91.17 W
Area code: 217
|Crime rates in Dallas City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 311.5)||113.1||188.0||192.6||331.3||265.6||235.4||307.2||0.0||0.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Dallas City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.07|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (41%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (12%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Construction (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Wholesale trade (4%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Health care and social assistance (16%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (15%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Production occupations (37%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (16%)
- Production occupations (16%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
Average climate in Dallas City, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Dallas City-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 56% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/24/1967, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.5 miles away from the Dallas City city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/8/1999, a category F3 tornado 17.3 miles away from the city center caused $15 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Dallas City-area historical earthquake activity is near Illinois state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 231.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 215.0 miles away from Dallas City center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 255.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 257.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 231.6 miles away from Dallas City center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 216.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hancock County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 11, Snows: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Dallas City:
- MOBILE NURSING SERVICES (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; FORT MADISON, IA)
- LEE COUNTY HEALTH DEPT COMM NU (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; FORT MADISON, IA)
- GREAT RIVER MEDICAL CENTER-NF (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; BURLINGTON, IA)
- ELM VIEW CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; BURLINGTON, IA)
- FORT MADISON HEALTH CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; FORT MADISON, IA)
- LAHARPE HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; LA HARPE, IL)
- SOUTHEASTERN RENAL DIALYSIS, LC - FT MADISON (Dialysis Facility, about 11 miles away; FORT MADISON, IA)
Amtrak stations near Dallas City:
- 9 miles: FORT MADISON (1601 20TH ST.) . Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service.
- 13 miles: BURLINGTON (300 S. MAIN ST.) . Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: ALDERSHOT (BURLINGTON, 1199 WATERDOWN RD.) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dallas City:
- Southeastern Community College (about 13 miles; West Burlington, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,251)
- Western Illinois University (about 28 miles; Macomb, IL; FT enrollment: 10,755)
- Augustana College (about 68 miles; Rock Island, IL; FT enrollment: 2,555)
- Eastern Iowa Community College District (about 69 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 5,507)
- Black Hawk College (about 70 miles; Moline, IL; FT enrollment: 5,086)
- Saint Ambrose University (about 70 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 3,053)
- Indian Hills Community College (about 71 miles; Ottumwa, IA; FT enrollment: 4,034)
Public elementary/middle school in Dallas City:
- DALLAS CITY ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 239, Location: 921 CREAMERY HILL RD, Grades: PK-8)
Notable location: Dallas City Rural Fire Protection District Central Station (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: High School GradTrips (Recreational Trips & Guides; 320 West 1st).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 52.1. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2000 was 0.840. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 6.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2006 was 22.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 10.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.2 miles away from the city center.
(11.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 25.0% for Black residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
8 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Dallas City (2011 data):
- Bank of Stronghurst: Dallas City Branch at 605 West Third Street, branch established on 2004/11/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $76.8 mil, Deposits: $63.9 mil, headquarters in Stronghurst, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices
- Fort Madison Bank & Trust Co.: Dallas City Branch at 290 Oak Street, branch established on 1960/04/29. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $143.1 mil, Deposits: $118.0 mil, headquarters in Fort Madison, IA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Fort Madison Financial Company
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dallas City city (based on Hancock County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hancock County:||3.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hancock County:||0.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hancock County:||7.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Dallas City, IL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$1,166||$13,992||2||$1,752|
|Streets and Highways||1||$4,346||$52,152||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$166|
|Totals for Government||3||$7,682||$30,728||3||$1,918|
Dallas City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $21,000 ($23.08)
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $155,000 ($170.33)
Water Utilities: $99,000 ($108.79)
Sewerage: $77,000 ($84.62)
Regular Highways: $21,000 ($23.08)
Police Protection: $11,000 ($12.09)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $106,000 ($116.48)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $14,000 ($15.38)
Dallas City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $85,000 ($93.41)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $12,000 ($13.19)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $39,000 ($42.86)
General Revenue, NEC: $39,000 ($42.86)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $108,000 ($118.68)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $121,000 ($132.97)
Highways: $29,000 ($31.87)
- Tax - Property: $35,000 ($38.46)
NEC: $8,000 ($8.79)
Dallas City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $227,000 ($249.45)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $197,000 ($216.48)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $30,000 ($32.97)
Dallas City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $858,000 ($942.86)
4.53% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,046 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Lee County, IA||0.80% ($36,230 average AGI)|
|from McDonough County, IL||0.52% ($32,875)|
|from Adams County, IL||0.39% ($33,500)|
5.27% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,010 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Dallas City:
- KBKB (1360 AM; 1 kW; FORT MADISON, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCAZ (990 AM; 1 kW; CARTHAGE, IL; Owner: RALLA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KBUR (1490 AM; 1 kW; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KCPS (1150 AM; 1 kW; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: JOHN M. GIANNETTINO)
- KOKX (1310 AM; 1 kW; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WTAD (930 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dallas City:
- KBKB-FM (101.7 FM; FORT MADISON, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDMG (103.1 FM; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: PRITCHARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KRNQ (96.3 FM; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: DAVID M. LISTER)
- KGRS (107.3 FM; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOKX-FM (95.3 FM; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- KKMI (93.5 FM; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: PRITCHARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCEZ (93.9 FM; CARTHAGE, IL; Owner: DANA R. WITHERS)
- WMQZ (104.1 FM; COLCHESTER, IL; Owner: COLCHESTER RADIO, INC.)
- KAYP (89.9 FM; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WIUW (89.5 FM; WARSAW, IL; Owner: WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WKAI-FM (100.1 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKNL (97.3 FM; NEW LONDON, IA; Owner: PRITCHARD BROADCASTING CO.)
- KMDY (90.9 FM; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WIUM (91.3 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WQKQ (92.1 FM; CARTHAGE, IL; Owner: PRITCHARD BROADCASTING CO.)
TV broadcast stations around Dallas City:
- KGWB-TV (Channel 26; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: BURLINGTON TELEVISION ACQUISITION CORP.)
- K38AB (Channel 38; FORT MADISON, ETC., IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KTVO (Channel 3; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: KTVO LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- W49BS (Channel 49; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W53BP (Channel 53; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WMEC (Channel 22; MACOMB, IL; Owner: W. CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUC. TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- K60CL (Channel 60; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: CHRIST VISION, INC.)
Dallas City fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 13m43ftTotal length
- 6,475Total average daily traffic
- 391Total average daily truck traffic
Drinking water stations with addresses in Dallas City that have no violations reported:
- DALLAS CITY (Population served: 945, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
|Most common first names in Dallas City, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Dallas City, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (75%)
- Electricity (20%)
- Wood (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Businesses in Dallas City, IL
- Circle K: 1
- Lane Furniture: 1
Dallas City compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.