Dell City, Texas
Dell City: Welcoming Sign
Dell City: Sun-Set @ dell city -Golden Hills States
Dell City: Dell city Limits- Catholic Church
Dell City: Dell City's Lagoon
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||55.7 years|
|Texas median age:||34.4 years|
Zip codes: 79837.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,636 (it was $9,580 in 2000)
Dell City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $33,194 (it was $24,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $36,751; Detached houses: $45,751; Mobile homes: $22,700
Median gross rent in 2015: $548.
Races in Dell City, TX (2010)
- 10629.0%White alone
- 82.2%Two or more races
- 61.6%Black alone
- 30.8%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Small businesses are especially popular in Florida Mar 28
- Early delinquencies are more likely for higher income borrowers Mar 26
- Selecting an airline for a trip Mar 24
- People with mortgaged homes are the least risky borrowers Mar 22
- Food services is among the worst-performing sectors in the Midwest Mar 20
|Is El Paso Pretty? (349 replies)|
|Sunset Ranches Off Grid Living (44 replies)|
|Sunland Estates (70 replies)|
|Where does El Paso get their water? (12 replies)|
|Foreign Landowners in Hudspeth County Texas (49 replies)|
|What Texas City do you think of when you hear these words? (59 replies)|
Latest news from Dell City, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (2.4%), Scottish (2.4%), American (1.9%), Russian (1.4%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 3698 feet
Land area: 1.65 square miles.
Population density: 203 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Dell City:
- High school or higher: 51.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 6.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 9.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dell City city:
- Never married: 20.2%
- Now married: 52.8%
- Separated: 9.2%
- Widowed: 8.4%
- Divorced: 9.4%
78 residents are foreign born (23.5% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Dell City, Texas as of March 28, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Dell City to the number of sex offenders is 175 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $616 (1.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $412 (1.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: El Paso, TX (72.5 miles , pop. 563,662).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (414.9 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Pinon, NM (7.0 miles) , Southeast Otero, NM (7.1 miles ), Whites City, NM (7.1 miles) , Sierra Blanca, TX (7.3 miles ), Butterfield, TX (7.3 miles) , Timberon, NM (7.5 miles ), Homestead Meadows North, TX (7.6 miles ), Homestead Meadows South, TX (7.6 miles ).
Latitude: 31.94 N, Longitude: 105.20 W
Area code: 915
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (37%)
- Information (19%)
- Construction (17%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Manufacturing (3%)
- Utilities (3%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Educational services (50%)
- Public administration (21%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (14%)
- Information (4%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (24%)
- Management occupations (19%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (17%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (14%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (25%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (25%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (14%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Management occupations (4%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (0%)
Average climate in Dell City, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Dell City-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Texas state average. It is 52% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 157.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 126.0 miles away from Dell City center
On 1/4/2006 at 08:32:32, a magnitude 6.7 (6.1 MB, 6.7 MS, 6.6 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 489.2 miles away from the city center
On 12/19/2005 at 20:27:40, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.1 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 56.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 269.6 miles away from Dell City center
On 3/12/2003 at 23:41:32, a magnitude 6.5 (5.5 MB, 6.5 MS, 6.4 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 493.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hudspeth County (6) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 3, Fires: 2, Flood: 1, Heavy Rain: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Laura Lynch - Musician.
Airports and heliports located in Dell City:
- Dell City Municipal Airport (2E5) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 500, Local Ops: 2,000)
- Dell City Heliport (4TE5)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dell City:
- El Paso Community College (about 70 miles; El Paso, TX; Full-time enrollment: 19,576)
- Vista College (about 72 miles; El Paso, TX; FT enrollment: 3,453)
- The University of Texas at El Paso (about 78 miles; El Paso, TX; FT enrollment: 18,008)
- New Mexico State University-Dona Ana (about 94 miles; Las Cruces, NM; FT enrollment: 5,640)
- New Mexico State University-Main Campus (about 94 miles; Las Cruces, NM; FT enrollment: 14,497)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus (about 104 miles; Roswell, NM; FT enrollment: 2,212)
- Sul Ross State University (about 143 miles; Alpine, TX; FT enrollment: 2,101)
Public high school in Dell City:
- DELL CITY SCHOOL (Students: 100, Location: 110 N MAIN, Grades: KG-12)
(66.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 35.2% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 12.1% for other race residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.7% of all households
- Gay men: 1.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dell City city (based on Hudspeth County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hudspeth County:||6.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hudspeth County:||6.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hudspeth County:||9.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Dell City, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||2||$215|
|Totals for Government||3||$9,812||$39,248||3||$788|
Dell City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $156,000 ($464.29)
General - Other: $32,000 ($95.24)
Sewerage: $20,000 ($59.52)
Elementary & Secondary Education: $6,000 ($17.86)
Parks & Recreation: $6,000 ($17.86)
Welfare - Other: $5,000 ($14.88)
Financial Administration: $4,000 ($11.90)
Health Services - Other: $1,000 ($2.98)
Libraries: $1,000 ($2.98)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $69,000 ($205.36)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $8,000 ($23.81)
Dell City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $25,000 ($74.40)
All Other: $3,000 ($8.93)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $145,000 ($431.55)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $50,000 ($148.81)
- Tax - Property: $30,000 ($89.29)
Total General Sales: $13,000 ($38.69)
Public Utilities: $10,000 ($29.76)
Other Selective Sales: $1,000 ($2.98)
Dell City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $133,000 ($395.83)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $50,000 ($148.81)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $156,000 ($464.29)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $27,000 ($80.36)
Dell City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $19,000 ($56.55)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $2,000 ($5.95)
7.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,813 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from El Paso County, TX||1.90% ($26,450 average AGI)|
8.84% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,947 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
|to El Paso County, TX||2.23% ($33,292 average AGI)|
Strongest AM radio stations in Dell City:
- KELP (1590 AM; 50 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: MCCLATCHEY BROADCASTING)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KAMA (750 AM; 10 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION ("TLC"))
- KTSM (690 AM; 10 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBNA (920 AM; 10 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION ("TLC"))
- KSVE (1150 AM; 10 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KROD (600 AM; 5 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF EL PASO, INC.)
- KXPL (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: K-FINA RESULTS, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KSNM (570 AM; 5 kW; LAS CRUCES, NM; Owner: SUNRISE BROADCASTING INC.)
- KHEY (1380 AM; 5 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
Dell City fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:4
- Call Sign: KB5ZJW, Licensee ID: L00359922, Grant Date: 02/22/2013, Expiration Date: 03/23/2023, Certifier: Chancy E Harbolt, Registrant: Chancy E Harbolt, Dell City, TX 79837-0222
- Call Sign: KD5EUA, Licensee ID: L00359921, Grant Date: 07/17/2008, Expiration Date: 07/15/2018, Certifier: Kathleen H Harbolt, Registrant: Kathleen H Harbolt, Dell City, TX 79837
- Call Sign: KG5AEA, Licensee ID: L01839724, Grant Date: 02/07/2014, Expiration Date: 02/07/2024, Cancellation Date: 03/11/2014, Certifier: Waverly A Duggar, Registrant: Waverly A Duggar, Dell City, TX 79837
- Call Sign: WA5WAV, Previous Call Sign: KG5AEA, Licensee ID: L01839724, Grant Date: 03/11/2014, Expiration Date: 03/11/2024, Certifier: Waverly A Duggar, Registrant: Waverly A Duggar, Dell City, TX 79837
|Most common first names in Dell City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Dell City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (67%)
- Electricity (26%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
Dell City compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.