We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||51.7 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54847.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $30,383 (it was $19,697 in 2000)
Delta town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $198,911 (it was $112,500 in 2000)
Races in Delta, WI (2010)
- 26496.7%White alone
- 72.6%Two or more races
- 20.7%American Indian alone
|Do Wisconsin taxes affect your quality of life? (320 replies)|
|don't move to wisconsin (237 replies)|
|Can Milwaukee make you prejudice? (26 replies)|
|Curious, what do people think of WI? (202 replies)|
|Milwaukee to Madison high speed rail? (103 replies)|
|Walgreens Distrubition Center - Windsor, WI (4 replies)|
Latest news from Delta, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (42.1%), Polish (15.7%), Irish (10.2%), Slovak (8.5%), English (6.8%), Norwegian (6.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1043 feet
Land area: 69.6 square miles.
Population density: 3.9 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Delta:
- High school or higher: 83.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 30.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.3%
- Unemployed: 1.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Delta town:
- Never married: 6.2%
- Now married: 80.5%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 6.2%
10 residents are foreign born (3.0% Europe, 1.3% Asia).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Delta town:||2.0% ($2,194)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (43.5 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (136.2 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (367.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Iron River, WI (2.5 miles ), Keystone, WI (2.7 miles ), Pilsen, WI (3.0 miles ), Hughes, WI (3.0 miles ), Tripp, WI (3.2 miles ), Drummond, WI (3.2 miles ), Grand View, WI (3.5 miles) , Mason, WI (3.5 miles) .
Latitude: 46.47 N, Longitude: 91.32 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (24%)
- Educational services (24%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Utilities (5%)
- Health care (30%)
- Accommodation and food services (16%)
- Finance and insurance (12%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Miscellaneous nondurable goods merchant wholesalers (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Private households (7%)
- Postsecondary teachers (11%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (11%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Carpenters (7%)
- Top executives (5%)
- Other financial specialists (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (12%)
- Registered nurses (12%)
- Social scientists and related workers (7%)
- Entertainers and performers, sports, and related workers (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (7%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
Average climate in Delta, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Delta-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 73% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/30/1968, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 15.5 miles away from the Delta town center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 8/6/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 43.0 miles away from the town center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Delta-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 233.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 244.9 miles away from Delta center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 269.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 422.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 367.0 miles away from Delta center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 204.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bayfield County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Delta:
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 41 miles; Superior, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,302)
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 44 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 10,612)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 45 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Lake Superior College (about 45 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 58 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 114 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 117 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
Cemetery: Pike River Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Phantom Lake (A), Rainbow Lake (B), Sand Lake (C), Sawmill Lake (D), Silver Lake (E), Spirit Lake (F), Square Lake (G), Steelhead Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: South Fork White River (A), Kern Creek (B), Hanson Creek (C), West Fork White River (D), East Fork White River (E), Bolen Creek (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Delta: Sajdak Springs State Natural Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.8% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Delta compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (64%)
- Wood (23%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (8%)
- Electricity (5%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Delta town (based on Bayfield County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bayfield County:||3.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bayfield County:||8.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||26.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($49,643 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ashland County, WI||0.88% ($28,127 average AGI)|
|from Douglas County, WI||0.58% ($40,111)|
|from St. Louis County, MN||0.26% ($37,500)|
4.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,601 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Delta:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- KDAL (610 AM; 5 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Delta:
- WNXR (107.3 FM; IRON RIVER, WI; Owner: GERALD J. HACKMAN)
- WHSA (89.9 FM; BRULE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WEGZ (105.9 FM; WASHBURN, WI; Owner: KEWEENAW BAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJJH (96.7 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Delta:
- WDIO-TV (Channel 10; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WDIO-TV, LLC)
- WAST-LP (Channel 25; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: RESOURCE RECOVERY OF WISCONSIN, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 6m20ftTotal length
- 385Total average daily traffic
- 385Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic