Denver City, Texas
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||34.8 years|
|Texas median age:||34.0 years|
Zip codes: 79323.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,414 (it was $13,921 in 2000)
Denver City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $65,334 (it was $32,400 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $85,452; Detached houses: $103,440; Mobile homes: $27,197
Median gross rent in 2013: $544.
Races in Denver City, TX (2010)
- 1,52134.0%White alone
- 451.0%Black alone
- 280.6%Two or more races
- 210.5%American Indian alone
- 220.5%Asian alone
- 50.1%Other race alone
- 10.02%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Borger, Big Spring or Odessa? - Potential Film Locations (40 replies)|
|Texas Trivia (1626 replies)|
|Oil Field Companies near Lubbock (6 replies)|
|Daily Joke Thread (1412 replies)|
|Oil boom moving up to the Lubbock area. (51 replies)|
|Denver City, TX-worth the drive from Hobbs, NM (or at all??) (5 replies)|
Latest news from Denver City, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (7.4%), Irish (3.8%), German (3.1%), English (3.0%), Dutch (1.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 2.50 square miles.
Population density: 1,859 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Denver City:
- High school or higher: 67.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 9.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Denver City town:
- Never married: 27.1%
- Now married: 59.0%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 8.3%
1,200 residents are foreign born (25.0% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Denver City, Texas as of February 06, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Denver City to the number of sex offenders is 655 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,243 (1.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $450 (0.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lubbock, TX (68.9 miles , pop. 199,564).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: El Paso, TX (225.1 miles , pop. 563,662).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (351.2 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Plains, TX (3.9 miles ), Seagraves, TX (3.9 miles ), Seminole, TX (4.5 miles ), North Hobbs, NM (4.7 miles ), Wellman, TX (4.9 miles ), Loop, TX (4.9 miles ), Hobbs, NM (5.0 miles ), Nadine, NM (5.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $250,000
- 2001: 6 buildings, average cost: $37,200
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $97,500
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $185,500
- 2008: 7 buildings, average cost: $255,700
- 2009: 5 buildings, average cost: $255,700
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $126,700
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $126,700
- 2012: 3 buildings, average cost: $126,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 32.97 N, Longitude: 102.83 W
Area code: 806
|Crime rates in Denver City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||167.6||155.1||107.3||121.6||76.2||43.6||105.6||170.0||174.3||162.2||104.2||162.1||185.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Denver City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.30|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -1,267 (-24.1%).
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (53%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Construction (6%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Educational services (23%)
- Health care and social assistance (16%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (39%)
- Transportation occupations (12%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (19%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Healthcare support occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Community and social service occupations (5%)
Average climate in Denver City, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Denver City-area historical tornado activity is below Texas state average. It is 9% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.8 miles away from the Denver City town center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 4/17/1970, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 45.2 miles away from the town center injured 24 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Denver City-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Texas state average. It is 8% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 188.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 46.6 miles away from Denver City center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 119.9 miles away from the city center
On 12/19/2005 at 20:27:40, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.1 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 104.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/29/1990 at 13:16:10, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 LG, Depth: 7.5 mi) earthquake occurred 254.8 miles away from Denver City center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 294.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Yoakum County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 3, Fires: 2 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Denver City:
Airports located in Denver City:
- Denver City Airport (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 1,100, Local Ops: 2,200)
- Two Leggs Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Denver City:
- South Plains College (about 50 miles; Levelland, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,007)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (about 70 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 3,269)
- Texas Tech University (about 70 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 29,251)
- Midland College (about 78 miles; Midland, TX; FT enrollment: 3,650)
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin (about 81 miles; Odessa, TX; FT enrollment: 2,982)
- Odessa College (about 81 miles; Odessa, TX; FT enrollment: 3,107)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Main Campus (about 89 miles; Portales, NM; FT enrollment: 4,263)
Public high school in Denver City:
- Denver City High School (Students: 385; Location: 601 MUSTANG AVE; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 51)
Public elementary/middle schools in Denver City:
Notable locations in Denver City: Denver City Historical Museum (A), Denver City Volunteer Fire Department (B), Denver City Fire Marshal's Office (C), Denver City Emergency Medical Service (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Denver City include: Church of the Nazarene (A), Saint Williams Catholic Church (B), Trinity Baptist Church (C), Faith Baptist Church (D), Bethel Baptist Church (E), El Calvario Assembly of God Church (F), Abundant Life Fellowship (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Denver City: Mustang Stadium (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Denver City Museum (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 505 North Avenue Centre).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 50.0. This is significantly better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 6.28. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.8 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 28.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 17.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 7.81. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.8 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Denver City and their reported violations in the past:YOAKUM COUNTY PARK & GOLF COURSE (Population served: 35, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUN-01-2009)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- 2 minor monitoring violations
(18.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 5.3% for Black residents, 7.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 12.2% for other race residents, 38.6% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||3.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.7% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
44 people in nursing homes in 2000
Denver City compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
Banks with branches in Denver City (2011 data):
- Sundown State Bank: Denver City Branch at 202 West Broadway, branch established on 1997/03/17. Info updated 2008/04/17: Bank assets: $133.9 mil, Deposits: $124.0 mil, headquarters in Sundown, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Sundown Bankshares, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Denver City Branch at 221 North Avenue B, branch established on 1950/11/25. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- West Texas National Bank: Denver City Branch at 810 East Broadway, branch established on 1998/01/02. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $708.6 mil, Deposits: $630.4 mil, headquarters in Midland, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 11 total offices, Holding Company: First-West Texas Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (53%)
- Utility gas (45%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Denver City town (based on Yoakum County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Yoakum County:||4.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Yoakum County:||5.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$7,058||$84,696||7||$500|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$1,500|
|Police Protection - Officers||8||$29,389||$44,084||0||$0|
|Police - Other||6||$14,006||$28,012||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$4,087||$49,044||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$6,093||$36,558||1||$589|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,446||$29,352||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$737|
|Totals for Government||30||$96,876||$38,750||13||$6,065|
Denver City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Financial Administration: $514,000 ($110.63)
Regular Highways: $40,000 ($8.61)
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $1,101,000 ($236.98)
Police Protection: $555,000 ($119.46)
Water Utilities: $553,000 ($119.03)
Solid Waste Management: $282,000 ($60.70)
Financial Administration: $264,000 ($56.82)
Sewerage: $263,000 ($56.61)
Health Services - Other: $216,000 ($46.49)
Fire Protection: $102,000 ($21.95)
Regular Highways: $86,000 ($18.51)
Parks & Recreation: $62,000 ($13.34)
General - Other: $51,000 ($10.98)
- General - Interest on Debt: $60,000 ($12.91)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $66,000 ($14.21)
Fire Protection: $27,000 ($5.81)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($0.43)
General - Other: $1,000 ($0.22)
Health - Other: $1,000 ($0.22)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $964,000 ($207.49)
Denver City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $368,000 ($79.21)
Sewerage: $225,000 ($48.43)
All Other: $79,000 ($17.00)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $7,000 ($1.51)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $285,000 ($61.34)
General Revenue, NEC: $185,000 ($39.82)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $960,000 ($206.63)
Water Utilities: $566,000 ($121.83)
- State Intergovernmental - Water Utilities: $237,000 ($51.01)
- Tax - Property: $880,000 ($189.41)
Total General Sales: $320,000 ($68.88)
Public Utilities: $139,000 ($29.92)
Other Selective Sales: $19,000 ($4.09)
NEC: $7,000 ($1.51)
Denver City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $995,000 ($214.16)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $915,000 ($196.94)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $80,000 ($17.22)
Denver City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,524,000 ($543.26)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $331,000 ($71.24)
6.46% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,982 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Lea County, NM||0.57% ($31,600 average AGI)|
|from Lubbock County, TX||0.49% ($25,462)|
|from Gaines County, TX||0.42% ($32,727)|
6.28% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($43,800 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Denver City:
- KYKK (1110 AM; daytime; 5 kW; HUMBLE CITY, NM; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KHOB (1390 AM; 5 kW; HOBBS, NM; Owner: AMERICAN ASSET MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KIKZ (1250 AM; 1 kW; SEMINOLE, TX; Owner: GAINES COUNTY ROADCASTING, LTD.)
- KFYO (790 AM; 5 kW; LUBBOCK, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCRS (550 AM; 5 kW; MIDLAND, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KJTV (950 AM; 5 kW; LUBBOCK, TX; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- KIJN (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FARWELL, TX; Owner: METROPOLITIAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLEA (630 AM; 1 kW; LOVINGTON, NM; Owner: LEA COUNTY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KELP (1590 AM; 50 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: MCCLATCHEY BROADCASTING)
Strongest FM radio stations in Denver City:
- KBIM-FM (94.9 FM; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: KING BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLMA (96.5 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: OJEDA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLEA-FM (101.7 FM; LOVINGTON, NM; Owner: LEA COUNTY BROADCASTING CO.)
- K211CW (90.1 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: CONNECTION COMMUNICATIONS ASSOC., INC.)
- KPER (95.7 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KZOR (94.1 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: NOALMARK B/CNG CORP. HOBBS)
TV broadcast stations around Denver City:
- KLBK-TV (Channel 13; LUBBOCK, TX; Owner: QUORUM OF TEXAS LICENSE, LLC)
- K55IF (Channel 55; SEMINOLE, TX; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- K27GL (Channel 27; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- K50GM (Channel 50; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- KJTV-TV (Channel 34; LUBBOCK, TX; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- KHFT (Channel 29; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- K47CF (Channel 47; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- KHLC-LP (Channel 52; HOBBS, NM; Owner: PRIME TIME CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K53GA (Channel 53; SEMINOLE, TX; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- K58EJ (Channel 58; HOBBS, NM; Owner: KOAT HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- KSGD-LP (Channel 49; SEMINOLE, TX; Owner: PRIME TIME CHRISTIAN B/CASTING, INC.)
- K12NH (Channel 12; HOBBS, NM; Owner: KOAT HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Denver City fatal accident list:
Feb 20, 1992 11:15 AM, Northmain, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Aug 24, 1992 04:09 PM, 83, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 1
Oct 28, 1992 06:25 PM, 83, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Mar 23, 1985 06:36 PM, 83, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Jun 24, 1985 10:52 AM, Fm2055, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: K5RPZ
Grant Date: 01/19/1988, Expiration Date: 01/19/1998, Cancellation Date: 01/20/2000
Registrant: Norman A Carr, 901 N Avenue C, Denver City, TX 79323
- Call Sign: KA5KOO, Licensee ID: L01367270
Grant Date: 02/07/2008, Expiration Date: 04/22/2018, Certifier: Elmer E Butler
Registrant: Elmer E Butler, Hcr4 Box 5880, Denver City, TX 79323
- Call Sign: N5GLK, Licensee ID: L01038424
Grant Date: 07/07/2005, Expiration Date: 10/03/2015, Certifier: Mildred A Butler
Registrant: Mildred A Butler, Hcr 4 Box 5880, Denver City, TX 79323
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 63
- Hazardous Condition: 10
- Good Intent Call: 4
Incident types - Denver City
|Most common first names in Denver City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Denver City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Denver City, TX|
|Ace Hardware||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|