Dexter City, Ohio
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||26.1 years|
|Ohio median age:||39.3 years|
Zip code: 45727
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $13,900 (it was $11,881 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $87,153 (it was $35,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $103,717; Detached houses: $111,389; Townhouses or other attached units: $79,613; Mobile homes: $45,163
Median gross rent in 2015: $679.
Races in Dexter City, OH (2010)
- 12395.3%White alone
- 53.9%Two or more races
- 10.8%Black alone
Latest news from Dexter City, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (32.0%), Dutch (24.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 740 feet
Land area: 0.18 square miles.
Population density: 720 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Dexter City:
- High school or higher: 78.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 10.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dexter City village:
- Never married: 50.7%
- Now married: 32.4%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 10.1%
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Dexter City, Ohio as of September 21, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Dexter City to the number of sex offenders is 129 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Dexter City village:||1.1% ($383)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Canton, OH (79.4 miles , pop. 80,806).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Columbus, OH (83.9 miles , pop. 711,470).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (336.9 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Macksburg, OH (1.4 miles ), Caldwell, OH (2.6 miles ), Lower Salem, OH (2.8 miles) , Lowell, OH (3.0 miles ), Belle Valley, OH (3.2 miles ), Sarahsville, OH (3.2 miles) , Stafford, OH (3.3 miles) , Beverly, OH (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 39.66 N, Longitude: 81.47 W
Area code: 740
Unemployment by year (%)
- Retail trade (45%)
- Transportation and warehousing (27%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (9%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Construction (3%)
- Wholesale trade (3%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Accommodation and food services (43%)
- Health care and social assistance (38%)
- Manufacturing (5%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (36%)
- Material moving occupations (27%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (3%)
- Production occupations (3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (48%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (29%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
- Management occupations (0%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (0%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (0%)
Average climate in Dexter City, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Dexter City-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Ohio state average. It is 47% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/27/1998, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 10.9 miles away from the Dexter City village center killed one person and injured one person and caused $70,000 in damages.
On 7/24/1971, a category F2 tornado 12.1 miles away from the village center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Dexter City-area historical earthquake activity is near Ohio state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 138.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 166.7 miles away from Dexter City center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 135.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 166.6 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 164.9 miles away from Dexter City center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 161.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Noble County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Mudslides: 2, Snowstorms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Tornado: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Dexter City:
- SUMMIT ACRES NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; CALDWELL, OH)
- NOBLE COUNTY HOME HEALTH AGENCY (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; CALDWELL, OH)
- TLC COMPLETE HOME CARE INC (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; CALDWELL, OH)
- SUMMIT ACRES HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; CALDWELL, OH)
- MUSKINGUM VALLEY NRSG AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; BEVERLY, OH)
- SELBY GENERAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 16 miles away; MARIETTA, OH)
- MARIETTA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 16 miles away; MARIETTA, OH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dexter City:
- Muskingum University (about 28 miles; New Concord, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,073)
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg (about 31 miles; Parkersburg, WV; FT enrollment: 2,619)
- Zane State College (about 37 miles; Zanesville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,200)
- Ohio University-Main Campus (about 41 miles; Athens, OH; FT enrollment: 26,181)
- Hocking College (about 43 miles; Nelsonville, OH; FT enrollment: 4,146)
- West Liberty University (about 58 miles; West Liberty, WV; FT enrollment: 2,728)
- Ohio State University-Newark Campus (about 60 miles; Newark, OH; FT enrollment: 2,028)
Cemetery: Dexter City Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 70.5. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 3.53. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 6.5 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 29.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 19.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.40. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.6 miles away from the city center.
|This village:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dexter City village (based on Noble County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Noble County:||3.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Noble County:||3.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||9||$1,311|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||9||$1,311|
4.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,369 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Guernsey County, OH||0.82% ($24,342 average AGI)|
|from Washington County, OH||0.63% ($22,586)|
|from Franklin County, OH||0.30% ($39,286)|
4.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,344 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Dexter City:
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WBRJ (910 AM; 5 kW; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WADC (1050 AM; 5 kW; PARKERSBURG, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJAW (630 AM; 1 kW; ST. MARYS, WV; Owner: JAWCO, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMOA (1490 AM; 1 kW; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: QUIET RADIO, INC.)
- WVLY (1370 AM; 5 kW; MOUNDSVILLE, WV; Owner: SCOTT RADIO GROUP, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dexter City:
- WWKC (104.9 FM; CALDWELL, OH; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- WJAW-FM (100.9 FM; MCCONNELSVILLE, OH; Owner: QUIET RADIO INC. D/B/A WJAW RADIO)
- WHBR-FM (103.1 FM; PARKERSBURG, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- WMBP (91.9 FM; BELPRE, OH; Owner: LOWER OHIO VALLEY EDUCATIONAL CORP.)
- WDMX (100.1 FM; VIENNA, WV; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRVB (102.1 FM; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVVV (96.9 FM; WILLIAMSTOWN, WV; Owner: BENNCO, INC.)
- WBNV (93.5 FM; BARNESVILLE, OH; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- WGGE (99.1 FM; PARKERSBURG, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- WRRR-FM (93.9 FM; ST. MARYS, WV; Owner: SEVEN RANGES RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- WXIL (95.1 FM; PARKERSBURG, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- WCVV (89.5 FM; BELPRE, OH; Owner: BELPRE EDUC. B/CNG FOUNDATION)
- WOUC-FM (89.1 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WETZ-FM (103.9 FM; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV; Owner: DAILEY CORPORATION)
- WILE-FM (97.7 FM; BYESVILLE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNUS (107.1 FM; BELPRE, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMRT (88.3 FM; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: MARIETTA COLLEGE)
- W201BD (88.1 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Dexter City:
- WOUC-TV (Channel 44; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WTAP-TV (Channel 15; PARKERSBURG, WV; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- W45BW (Channel 45; PARKERSBURG, WV; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- 1,520Total average daily traffic
- 152Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,110Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KB8FYL, Grant Date: 12/27/1988, Expiration Date: 12/27/1998, Cancellation Date: 12/28/2000, Registrant: James P Stack, 16486 St Rt 339, Dexter City, OH 45727
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (79%)
- Wood (9%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
- Electricity (4%)
Businesses in Dexter City, OH
- U-Haul: 1
Dexter City compared to Ohio state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.