Dill City, Oklahoma
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||36.6 years|
|Oklahoma median age:||36.2 years|
Zip codes: 73641.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,113 (it was $11,558 in 2000)
Dill City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $39,556 (it was $24,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $69,616; Detached houses: $82,170; Mobile homes: $27,089
Median gross rent in 2013: $663.
Races in Dill City, OK (2010)
- 46182.0%White alone
- 315.5%Two or more races
- 132.3%American Indian alone
Latest news from Dill City, OK collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (17.7%), Irish (11.6%), United States (10.9%), English (7.7%), Dutch (3.5%), French (1.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1850 feet
Land area: 0.55 square miles.
Population density: 1,011 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Dill City:
- High school or higher: 69.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 7.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dill City town:
- Never married: 19.8%
- Now married: 47.9%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 23.1%
11 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Oklahoma and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Dill City, Oklahoma as of October 01, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Dill City to the number of sex offenders is 141 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $267 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $212 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lawton, OK (61.5 miles , pop. 92,757).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Oklahoma City, OK (91.1 miles , pop. 506,132).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (217.8 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Southwest Washita, OK (2.4 miles ), Burns Flat, OK (2.4 miles ), New Cordell, OK (2.8 miles ), Northwest Washita, OK (3.0 miles ), Sentinel, OK (3.0 miles ), Central Washita, OK (3.0 miles ), Rocky, OK (3.1 miles) , Bessie, OK (3.3 miles) .
Latitude: 35.28 N, Longitude: 99.13 W
Area code: 580
Unemployment by year (%)
- Transportation and warehousing (34%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (21%)
- Construction (15%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Retail trade (2%)
- Retail trade (27%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (9%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Production occupations (38%)
- Management occupations (17%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (3%)
- Sales and related occupations (31%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Community and social service occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
Average climate in Dill City, Oklahoma
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Dill City-area historical tornado activity is near Oklahoma state average. It is 140% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/25/1962, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 3.2 miles away from the Dill City town center injured 9 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/10/1967, a category F4 tornado 26.3 miles away from the town center killed 4 people and injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Dill City-area historical earthquake activity is near Oklahoma state average. It is 67% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 181.6 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 121.6 miles away from Dill City center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 53.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 93.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 158.7 miles away from Dill City center
On 9/15/1995 at 00:31:33, a magnitude 4.1 (3.8 LG, 4.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 112.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washita County (22) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 17
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Winter Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 6, Ice Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Dill City:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dill City:
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University (about 30 miles; Weatherford, OK; Full-time enrollment: 4,126)
- Western Oklahoma State College (about 44 miles; Altus, OK; FT enrollment: 2,054)
- Cameron University (about 62 miles; Lawton, OK; FT enrollment: 4,695)
- Vernon College (about 79 miles; Vernon, TX; FT enrollment: 2,216)
- Southern Nazarene University (about 87 miles; Bethany, OK; FT enrollment: 2,064)
- Mid-America Christian University (about 88 miles; Oklahoma City, OK; FT enrollment: 2,869)
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (about 89 miles; Oklahoma City, OK; FT enrollment: 4,784)
Notable location: Dill City Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2004 was 22.0. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 18.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 8.80. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.8 miles away from the city center.
(18.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 84.6% for American Indian residents)
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dill City town (based on Washita County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washita County:||1.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||1.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washita County:||1.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||0.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washita County:||6.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.89 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Dill City, OK Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||5||$240|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||5||$240|
Dill City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Central Staff Services: $146,000 ($260.71)
Water Utilities: $66,000 ($117.86)
Solid Waste Management: $30,000 ($53.57)
Fire Protection: $1,000 ($1.79)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $67,000 ($119.64)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $20,000 ($35.71)
Dill City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $39,000 ($69.64)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Health & Hospitals: $97,000 ($173.21)
All Other: $26,000 ($46.43)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $14,000 ($25.00)
General Revenue, NEC: $12,000 ($21.43)
Rents: $1,000 ($1.79)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $86,000 ($153.57)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $24,000 ($42.86)
Highways: $5,000 ($8.93)
General Support: $4,000 ($7.14)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $15,000 ($26.79)
Public Utilities: $8,000 ($14.29)
NEC: $2,000 ($3.57)
Dill City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $325,000 ($580.36)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $321,000 ($573.21)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $4,000 ($7.14)
Dill City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $343,000 ($612.50)
8.49% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,276 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Beckham County, OK||1.63% ($35,435 average AGI)|
|from Custer County, OK||1.53% ($43,603)|
|from Kiowa County, OK||0.40% ($24,467)|
9.21% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,528 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Dill City:
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KCLI (1320 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, OK; Owner: WRIGHT BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- KTJS (1420 AM; 1 kW; HOBART, OK; Owner: FUCHS RADIO, LLC)
- KADS (1240 AM; 1 kW; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: PARAGON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KJON (850 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ANADARKO, OK; Owner: CARROLLTON BROADCASTING OF TEXAS, LP)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KCAF (990 AM; 10 kW; FARMERSVILLE, TX; Owner: RENAISSANCE RADIO, INC.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dill City:
- KRMP (103.5 FM; ANADARKO, OK; Owner: PERRY BROADCASTING OF SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA, INC.)
- KQMX (95.5 FM; CLINTON, OK; Owner: WRIGHT BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC)
- KYCU (89.1 FM; CLINTON, OK; Owner: CAMERON UNIVERSITY)
- KTIJ (98.5 FM; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: FUCHS RADIO, LLC)
- KQTZ (105.9 FM; HOBART, OK; Owner: ALTUS RADIO, INC.)
- KECO (96.5 FM; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: PARAGON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K209DI (89.7 FM; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KXOO (94.3 FM; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: PARAGON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KWEY-FM (97.3 FM; WEATHERFORD, OK; Owner: WRIGHT BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- KCDL (99.3 FM; CORDELL, OK; Owner: WRIGHT BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- K220FP (91.9 FM; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- K216FR (91.1 FM; CLINTON, OK; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Dill City:
- K29EI (Channel 29; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: NORTHFORK TV TRANSLATOR SYSTEM)
- K44AP (Channel 44; ELK CITY, ETC., OK; Owner: NORTHFORK TV TRANSLATOR SYSTEM)
- K46AN (Channel 46; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: NORTHFORK TV TRANSLATOR SYSTEM)
- K48AP (Channel 48; ELK CITY, ETC., OK; Owner: NORTHFORK TV TRANSLATOR SYSTEM)
- K50AL (Channel 50; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: NORTHFORK TV TRANSLATOR SYSTEM)
- K54CM (Channel 54; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: NORTHFORK TV TRANSLATOR SYSTEM)
- K56EY (Channel 56; ELK CITY, OK; Owner: NORTHFORK TV TRANSLATOR SYSTEM)
- KWET (Channel 12; CHEYENNE, OK; Owner: OKLAHOMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
Dill City fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KB5ZBJ, Licensee ID: L00646848, Grant Date: 03/01/2013, Expiration Date: 03/02/2023, Certifier: Matthew J Vincent, Registrant: Matthew J Vincent, 213 S Rambo, Dill City, OK 73641-9511
- Call Sign: KD5JQJ, Licensee ID: L00221840, Grant Date: 01/05/2010, Expiration Date: 03/25/2020, Certifier: Glen D Knight, Registrant: Glen D Knight, Dill City, OK 73641
- Call Sign: KD5RMV, Licensee ID: L00475463, Grant Date: 12/01/2011, Expiration Date: 02/28/2022, Certifier: Jason R Maxey, Registrant: Jason R Maxey, 101 Callaway Street, Dill City, OK 73641
- Call Sign: KF5UHP, Licensee ID: L01772898, Grant Date: 03/13/2013, Expiration Date: 03/13/2023, Certifier: Kenneth H Mikkelsen, Registrant: Kenneth H Mikkelsen, Dill City, OK 73641
- Call Sign: KG5ARH, Licensee ID: L01847919, Grant Date: 03/06/2014, Expiration Date: 03/06/2024, Certifier: Lehne Mikkelsen, Registrant: Lehne Mikkelsen, Dill City, OK 73641
Drinking water stations with addresses in Dill City that have no violations reported:
- DILL CITY (Population served: 526, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 5
|Most common first names in Dill City, OK among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Dill City, OK among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (64%)
- Electricity (29%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
Dill City compared to Oklahoma state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.