|Median resident age:||50.5 years|
|Nevada median age:||35.0 years|
Zip code: 89406
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $39,473 (it was $33,200 in 2000)
- White alone - 121 (89.6%)
- American Indian alone - 5 (3.7%)
- Hispanic - 4 (3.0%)
- Two or more races - 3 (2.2%)
- Asian alone - 2 (1.5%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 3428 feet
Land area: 2800.3 square miles.
Population density: 0.05 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Dixie Valley:
- High school or higher: 86.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dixie Valley CCD:
- Never married: 10.2%
- Now married: 59.4%
- Separated: 4.7%
- Widowed: 0.0%
- Divorced: 30.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Dixie Valley CCD:||0.0% ($0)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Sparks, NV (81.1 miles , pop. 66,346).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Sacramento, CA (186.9 miles , pop. 407,018).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (375.5 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Fallon Station, NV (5.3 miles ), Fallon, NV (5.5 miles ), Carson Sink, NV (6.4 miles) , Walker River, NV (6.7 miles ), Gabbs, NV (6.9 miles ), Lovelock, NV (6.9 miles ), Schurz, NV (7.1 miles ), Fernley, NV (7.3 miles ).
Latitude: 39.51 N, Longitude: 118.22 W
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Dixie Valley, Nevada
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Dixie Valley-area historical earthquake activity is near Nevada state average. It is 719% greater than the overall U.S. average.
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Churchill County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Snows: 2, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dixie Valley:
- Truckee Meadows Community College (about 85 miles; Reno, NV; Full-time enrollment: 6,919)
- University of Nevada-Reno (about 86 miles; Reno, NV; FT enrollment: 15,092)
- Western Nevada College (about 88 miles; Carson City, NV; FT enrollment: 2,338)
- Folsom Lake College (about 167 miles; Folsom, CA; FT enrollment: 5,308)
- Sierra College (about 169 miles; Rocklin, CA; FT enrollment: 11,488)
- American River College (about 179 miles; Sacramento, CA; FT enrollment: 20,452)
- Yuba College (about 180 miles; Marysville, CA; FT enrollment: 4,737)
Notable locations in Dixie Valley: Overland Stage Station (A), Cold Springs Highway Maintenance Station (B), Cripple Creek (C), Anderson Ranch (D), West Gate (E), Alpine Ranch (F), Byers Ranch (G), Bar A-3 Ranch (H), Mountain Well Station (I), Derring Ranch (J), Kent Ranch (K), Freeman Ranch (L), Cold Spring Ranch (M), Rock Springs (N), Canvasback Gun Club (O), Grimes Point Recreation Site (P), Overland Stage Station (Q), Silver Hill (R), La Plata (S), Dromedary Mill (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Fairview Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Ward Pond (A), Chappelle Pond (B), Spragia Pond (C), Little Freeman Pond (D), Kirkley Pond (E), Kerman Pond (F), Sullivan Pond (G), Sans Pond (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Rock Creek (A), Eagle Canyon Creek (B), Big Den Creek (C), Bernice Creek (D), Stillwater Slough (E), North Ford Big Dew Creek (F), Salt Creek (G), Sagehen Creek (H), Road Canyon Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Dixie Valley include: Project Shoal Monument (1), Sand Springs Pony Express Station Historical Marker (2), Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Dixie Valley compared to Nevada state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (48%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (21%)
- Wood (14%)
- No fuel used (11%)
- Other fuel (6%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dixie Valley CCD (based on Churchill County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 29.61%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Catholic Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Assemblies of God||United Methodist Church|
|Name||Lutheran Church||Church of the Nazarene||Seventh-Day Adventist Church||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Churchill County:||0.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nevada:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Churchill County:||2.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nevada:||1.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|Churchill County:||3.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.14 / 10,000 pop.|
9.19% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,905 average adjusted gross income)
0.52% of residents moved from foreign countries ($2,134 average AGI)
Churchill County: 0.52% Nevada average: 0.10%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Washoe County, NV||0.94% ($35,595 average AGI)|
|from Lyon County, NV||0.88% ($29,937)|
|from San Diego County, CA||0.33% ($37,200)|
9.97% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,394 average adjusted gross income)
0.38% of residents moved to foreign countries ($1,666 average AGI)
Churchill County: 0.38% Nevada average: 0.09%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Dixie Valley:
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KVLV (980 AM; daytime; 5 kW; FALLON, NV; Owner: LAHONTAN VALLEY BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KBZZ (1270 AM; 13 kW; SPARKS, NV; Owner: AMERICOM LAS VEGAS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KFBK (1530 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KPTT (630 AM; 5 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: LOTUS RADIO CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dixie Valley:
- KSVL (92.3 FM; SMITH, NV; Owner: DONEGAL ENTERPRISES)
- KRNG (101.3 FM; FALLON, NV; Owner: SIERRA NV CHRISTIAN MUSIC ASSOC, INC)
- KNHK (92.9 FM; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KRNG-FM1 (101.3 FM; RENO, NV; Owner: SIERRA NV CHRISTIAN MUSIC ASSN INC)