Dodd City, Texas
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||34.9 years|
|Texas median age:||34.5 years|
Zip codes: 75438.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $25,156 (it was $21,873 in 2000)
Dodd City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $74,129 (it was $34,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $94,514; Detached houses: $109,998; Mobile homes: $54,806
Median gross rent in 2016: $756.
Races in Dodd City, TX (2010)
- 33891.6%White alone
- 133.5%Two or more races
- 102.7%Black alone
- 10.3%American Indian alone
|Horse friendly towns E of Dallas (21 replies)|
|move to Bonham? (13 replies)|
|I want to move to a small town in Texas....help (7 replies)|
|Tell me about Bonham, Texas (5 replies)|
|Bonham and Paris Texas? (7 replies)|
|Calling ALL recommended towns!!! (12 replies)|
Latest news from Dodd City, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (30.5%), Irish (14.9%), English (6.5%), German (4.5%), Italian (3.2%), European (1.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 666 feet
Land area: 1.69 square miles.
Population density: 216 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Dodd City:
- High school or higher: 87.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.4%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dodd City town:
- Never married: 14.1%
- Now married: 63.8%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 2.5%
- Divorced: 19.3%
3 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,183 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $571 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: East Grayson, TX (27.7 miles , pop. 81,381).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Plano, TX (53.2 miles , pop. 222,030).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (67.7 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Windom, TX (2.1 miles ), Bonham, TX (2.5 miles ), Honey Grove, TX (3.1 miles ), Ravenna-Telephone, TX (3.2 miles ), Ivanhoe, TX (3.2 miles ), Bailey, TX (3.3 miles ), Ector, TX (3.4 miles ), Ravenna, TX (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 33.58 N, Longitude: 96.07 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 903
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Construction (17%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (37%)
- Educational services (30%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Public administration (2%)
- Construction (1%)
- Production occupations (15%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (20%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (20%)
- Healthcare support occupations (19%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
Average climate in Dodd City, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Dodd City-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 128% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/13/1981, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 25.4 miles away from the Dodd City town center injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/6/1955, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.4 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 27 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Dodd City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Texas state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 77.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 273.8 miles away from Dodd City center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 120.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 246.7 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 248.5 miles away from Dodd City center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 157.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Fannin County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Hurricanes: 3, Fires: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Clayton Sean Horton - Artist.
Hospitals and medical centers near Dodd City:
- CLYDE W COSPER TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- RED RIVER REGIONAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 6 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- NORTHEAST MEDICAL CENT (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- SEVEN OAKS NURSING AND REHABILITATION LP (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- NORTHEAST MEDICAL CENTER HOMEHEALTH (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- BONHAM DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- FAIRVIEW NURSING AND REHABILITATION LP (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dodd City:
- Texas A & M University-Commerce (about 25 miles; Commerce, TX; Full-time enrollment: 8,890)
- Paris Junior College (about 32 miles; Paris, TX; FT enrollment: 3,875)
- Grayson College (about 34 miles; Denison, TX; FT enrollment: 2,496)
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University (about 35 miles; Durant, OK; FT enrollment: 3,365)
- Collin County Community College District (about 44 miles; McKinney, TX; FT enrollment: 18,044)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (about 57 miles; Richardson, TX; FT enrollment: 16,777)
- Richland College (about 60 miles; Dallas, TX; FT enrollment: 11,617)
Public high school in Dodd City:
- DODD CITY SCHOOL (Students: 318, Location: 602 N MAIN ST, Grades: PK-12)
Notable location: Dodd City Fire Department - First Responders (A). Display/hide its location on the map
(6.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 2.6% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dodd City town (based on Fannin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Fannin County:||1.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fannin County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fannin County:||4.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Dodd City, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||7||$3,257|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||9||$4,840|
7.16% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,399 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Grayson County, TX||1.26% ($29,392 average AGI)|
|from Collin County, TX||1.08% ($39,420)|
|from Dallas County, TX||0.67% ($28,058)|
7.35% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,673 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Dodd City:
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KYNG (950 AM; 10 kW; DENISON-SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- KTBK (1700 AM; 10 kW; SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KFYN (1420 AM; 0 kW; BONHAM, TX; Owner: BONHAM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KMKI (620 AM; 5 kW; PLANO, TX; Owner: ABC, INC)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KAAM (770 AM; 10 kW; GARLAND, TX; Owner: DONTRON, INC.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dodd City:
- KFYZ-FM (98.3 FM; BONHAM, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS RADIO GROUP, L.P.)
- KESN (103.3 FM; ALLEN, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KSOC (94.5 FM; GAINESVILLE, TX; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KLAK (97.5 FM; DURANT, OK; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- KMKT (93.1 FM; BELLS, TX; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- KTCY (104.9 FM; PILOT POINT, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTPW (89.7 FM; SANGER, TX; Owner: RESEARCH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC)
- KTDK (104.1 FM; SANGER, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- KXEZ (92.1 FM; FARMERSVILLE, TX; Owner: METRO BROADCASTERS-TEXAS, INC.)
- KHYI (95.3 FM; HOWE, TX; Owner: METRO BROADCASTERS - TEXAS, INC.)
- KETR (88.9 FM; COMMERCE, TX; Owner: TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-COMMERCE)
- KIKT (93.5 FM; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Dodd City:
- KTAQ (Channel 47; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: MIKE SIMONS)
- KXII (Channel 12; SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KXII LICENSEE CORP.)
- K42DA (Channel 42; PARIS, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KNOK-LP (Channel 43; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: IGLESIA JESU CHRISTO ES MI REFUGIO, INC.)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KB5PMD, Licensee ID: L00553058, Grant Date: 07/30/2012, Expiration Date: 10/27/2022, Certifier: Paul D Kirkpatrick, Registrant: Paul D Kirkpatrick, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KB5PME, Licensee ID: L00370579, Grant Date: 04/29/2011, Expiration Date: 07/23/2021, Certifier: Rita K Kirkpatrick, Registrant: Rita K Kirkpatrick, Box 187, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KB5PPE, Grant Date: 04/30/1991, Expiration Date: 04/30/2001, Cancellation Date: 05/01/2003, Registrant: James L Carpenter, Rt 1, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KB5PPJ, Grant Date: 06/09/1992, Expiration Date: 06/09/2002, Cancellation Date: 06/11/2004, Registrant: James E Brown, Box 114, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KG5KKE, Licensee ID: L01985428, Grant Date: 11/23/2015, Expiration Date: 11/23/2025, Certifier: Robert L Yakel Jr, Registrant: Robert L Yakel Jr, 604 County Road 2907, Dodd City, TX 75438
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
|Most common first names in Dodd City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Dodd City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (51%)
- Electricity (44%)
- Wood (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Dodd City compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.