|Median resident age:||36.6 years|
|Texas median age:||30.8 years|
Zip codes: 75438.
Dodd City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $61,572 (it was $34,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $768.
- White alone - 338 (91.6%)
- Two or more races - 13 (3.5%)
- Black alone - 10 (2.7%)
- Hispanic - 7 (1.9%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.3%)
|Horse friendly towns E of Dallas (21 replies)|
|move to Bonham? (13 replies)|
|I want to move to a small town in Texas....help (7 replies)|
|Tell me about Bonham, Texas (5 replies)|
|Bonham and Paris Texas? (7 replies)|
|Calling ALL recommended towns!!! (12 replies)|
Latest news from Dodd City, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (30.6%), German (14.7%), United States (6.5%), English (5.9%), Polish (2.3%), Italian (1.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 666 feet
Land area: 1.69 square miles.
Population density: 217 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Dodd City:
- High school or higher: 81.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.7%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dodd City town:
- Never married: 15.9%
- Now married: 58.2%
- Separated: 4.7%
- Widowed: 3.7%
- Divorced: 17.5%
1 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Dodd City, Texas as of May 27, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Dodd City to the number of sex offenders is 185 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $858 (1.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $786 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: East Grayson, TX (27.7 miles , pop. 81,381).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Plano, TX (53.2 miles , pop. 222,030).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (67.7 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Windom, TX (2.1 miles ), Bonham, TX (2.5 miles ), Honey Grove, TX (3.1 miles ), Ravenna-Telephone, TX (3.2 miles ), Ivanhoe, TX (3.2 miles ), Bailey, TX (3.3 miles ), Ector, TX (3.4 miles ), Ravenna, TX (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 33.58 N, Longitude: 96.07 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 903
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (29%)
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Wholesale trade (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Utilities (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Construction (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (12%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (9%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (7%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters (5%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (21%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (10%)
- Business operations specialists (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (4%)
Average climate in Dodd City, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Dodd City-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 128% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/13/1981, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 25.4 miles away from the Dodd City town center injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/6/1955, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.4 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 27 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Dodd City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Texas state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 77.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 273.8 miles away from Dodd City center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 120.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 246.7 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 248.5 miles away from Dodd City center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 157.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Fannin County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 4, Hurricanes: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Fires: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Clayton Sean Horton - Artist.
Hospitals and medical centers near Dodd City:
- CLYDE W COSPER TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- RED RIVER REGIONAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 6 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- NORTHEAST MEDICAL CENT (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- SEVEN OAKS NURSING AND REHABILITATION LP (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- NORTHEAST MEDICAL CENTER HOMEHEALTH (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- BONHAM DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
- FAIRVIEW NURSING AND REHABILITATION LP (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; BONHAM, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dodd City:
- Texas A & M University-Commerce (about 25 miles; Commerce, TX; Full-time enrollment: 8,890)
- Paris Junior College (about 32 miles; Paris, TX; FT enrollment: 3,875)
- Grayson College (about 34 miles; Denison, TX; FT enrollment: 2,496)
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University (about 35 miles; Durant, OK; FT enrollment: 3,365)
- Collin County Community College District (about 44 miles; McKinney, TX; FT enrollment: 18,044)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (about 57 miles; Richardson, TX; FT enrollment: 16,777)
- Richland College (about 60 miles; Dallas, TX; FT enrollment: 11,617)
Public high school in Dodd City:
- Dodd City School (Students: 318; Location: 602 N MAIN ST; Grades: PK-12; Our rating: 71)
Notable location: Dodd City Fire Department - First Responders (A). Display/hide its location on the map
(5.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Dodd City compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (51%)
- Electricity (44%)
- Wood (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dodd City town (based on Fannin County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 74.66%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)|
|Name||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Presbyterian Church (USA)||LDS (Mormon) Church||Church of the Nazarene||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Fannin County:||1.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fannin County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fannin County:||4.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||7||$3,257|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||9||$4,840|
7.16% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,399 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Grayson County, TX||1.26% ($29,392 average AGI)|
|from Collin County, TX||1.08% ($39,420)|
|from Dallas County, TX||0.67% ($28,058)|
7.35% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,673 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Dodd City:
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KYNG (950 AM; 10 kW; DENISON-SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- KTBK (1700 AM; 10 kW; SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KFYN (1420 AM; 0 kW; BONHAM, TX; Owner: BONHAM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KMKI (620 AM; 5 kW; PLANO, TX; Owner: ABC, INC)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KAAM (770 AM; 10 kW; GARLAND, TX; Owner: DONTRON, INC.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dodd City:
- KFYZ-FM (98.3 FM; BONHAM, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS RADIO GROUP, L.P.)
- KESN (103.3 FM; ALLEN, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KSOC (94.5 FM; GAINESVILLE, TX; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KLAK (97.5 FM; DURANT, OK; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- KMKT (93.1 FM; BELLS, TX; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- KTCY (104.9 FM; PILOT POINT, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTPW (89.7 FM; SANGER, TX; Owner: RESEARCH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC)
- KTDK (104.1 FM; SANGER, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- KXEZ (92.1 FM; FARMERSVILLE, TX; Owner: METRO BROADCASTERS-TEXAS, INC.)
- KHYI (95.3 FM; HOWE, TX; Owner: METRO BROADCASTERS - TEXAS, INC.)
- KETR (88.9 FM; COMMERCE, TX; Owner: TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-COMMERCE)
- KIKT (93.5 FM; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Dodd City:
- KTAQ (Channel 47; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: MIKE SIMONS)
- KXII (Channel 12; SHERMAN, TX; Owner: KXII LICENSEE CORP.)
- K42DA (Channel 42; PARIS, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KNOK-LP (Channel 43; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: IGLESIA JESU CHRISTO ES MI REFUGIO, INC.)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KB5PMD, Licensee ID: L00553058
Grant Date: 07/30/2012, Expiration Date: 10/27/2022, Certifier: Paul D Kirkpatrick
Registrant: Paul D Kirkpatrick, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KB5PME, Licensee ID: L00370579
Grant Date: 04/29/2011, Expiration Date: 07/23/2021, Certifier: Rita K Kirkpatrick
Registrant: Rita K Kirkpatrick, Box 187, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KB5PPE
Grant Date: 04/30/1991, Expiration Date: 04/30/2001, Cancellation Date: 05/01/2003
Registrant: James L Carpenter, Rt 1, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KB5PPJ
Grant Date: 06/09/1992, Expiration Date: 06/09/2002, Cancellation Date: 06/11/2004
Registrant: James E Brown, Box 114, Dodd City, TX 75438
- Call Sign: KE5WDJ, Licensee ID: L01425880
Grant Date: 08/22/2008, Expiration Date: 08/22/2018, Certifier: Mary E Hackney
Registrant: Mary E Hackney, 501 E 5th St, Dodd City, TX 75438
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
|Most common first names in Dodd City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Dodd City, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|