|Median resident age:||38.0 years|
|Nevada median age:||35.0 years|
Duckwater CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $23,863 (it was $23,400 in 2000)
- White alone - 116 (46.4%)
- American Indian alone - 112 (44.8%)
- Hispanic - 17 (6.8%)
- Two or more races - 3 (1.2%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.8%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 5480 feet
Land area: 4346.4 square miles.
Population density: 0.08 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Duckwater:
- High school or higher: 75.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 9.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 8.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Duckwater CCD:
- Never married: 43.4%
- Now married: 32.7%
- Separated: 8.0%
- Widowed: 0.0%
- Divorced: 23.9%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Duckwater CCD:||1.2% ($283)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: North Las Vegas, NV (160.1 miles , pop. 115,488).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Las Vegas, NV (161.9 miles , pop. 478,434).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (345.1 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Preston, NV (6.1 miles) , Lund, NV (6.3 miles ), Pioche, NV (7.8 miles ), Rachel, NV (7.9 miles) , Ely, NV (7.9 miles ), Mount Wilson, NV (7.9 miles) , Ruth, NV (7.9 miles ), Alamo, NV (8.0 miles ).
Latitude: 38.52 N, Longitude: 115.54 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (42%)
- Petroleum and coal products (24%)
- Construction (18%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Public administration (63%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Private households (16%)
- Carpenters (21%)
- Social scientists and related workers (12%)
- Life, physical, and social science technicians (12%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (12%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Painters and paperhangers (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (25%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (16%)
- Child care workers (16%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (9%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Media and communication equipment workers (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
Average climate in Duckwater, Nevada
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Duckwater-area historical earthquake activity is near Nevada state average. It is 679% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 172.2 miles away from the city center
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 137.7 miles away from Duckwater center
On 12/16/1954 at 11:07:12, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 140.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 309.9 miles away from the city center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi) earthquake occurred 305.1 miles away from Duckwater center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 10/16/1999 at 09:46:44, a magnitude 7.4 (6.3 MB, 7.4 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.3 ML) earthquake occurred 281.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Nye County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Snows: 2, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Airports located in Duckwater:
- Duckwater Airport (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 20)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Duckwater:
- Dixie State University (about 146 miles; Saint George, UT; Full-time enrollment: 6,485)
- Southern Utah University (about 147 miles; Cedar City, UT; FT enrollment: 6,522)
- College of Southern Nevada (about 165 miles; Las Vegas, NV; FT enrollment: 18,996)
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas (about 169 miles; Las Vegas, NV; FT enrollment: 21,153)
- Nevada State College (about 179 miles; Henderson, NV; FT enrollment: 2,346)
- Snow College (about 221 miles; Ephraim, UT; FT enrollment: 3,224)
- Western Nevada College (about 234 miles; Carson City, NV; FT enrollment: 2,338)
Public elementary/middle school in Duckwater:
- Duckwater Elementary School (Students: 16; Location: 2 Duckwater Rd.)
Notable locations in Duckwater: Bordoli Ranch (A), Angleworm Ranch (B), Indian Spring Ranch (C), Blue Eagle Ranch (D), Blue Jay Highway Maintenance Station (E), Sunnyside Whipple Ranch (F), Butterfield Salt Beds (G), Wadsworth Ranch (H), Big Creek Ranch (I), Rattlesnake Maintenance Station (J), Irwin Camp (K), Sixmile Canyon Kilns (L), Florio Outrider Cabin (M), Forest Home (N), Currant Creek Forest Service Recreation Site (O), Manzone Ranch (P), Lani Ranch (Q), Fisher Ranch (R), Riorden (S), Hicks Station (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Duckwater Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Big Well Ponds (A), Lockes Ponds (B), Blue Eagle Ponds (C), White River Reservoir (D), Logan Catch Basin (E), Needles Catch Basin (F), Manzonie Reservoir (G), Line Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Murphy Wash (A), Twin Springs Slough (B), Currant Creek (C), Scofield Wash (D), South Fork Pine Creek (E), Little Cherry Creek (F), Duckwater Creek (G), The Big Wash (H), Sherwood Wash (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Duckwater include: Wayne E Kirch Wildlife Management Area (1), Grant State Game Refuge (2), Railroad Valley Wildlife Management Area (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Duckwater compared to Nevada state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (43%)
- Electricity (28%)
- Wood (19%)
- Solar energy (6%)
- Other fuel (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Duckwater CCD (based on Nye County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 21.01%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Assemblies of God||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel|
|Name||Lutheran Church||United Methodist Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Nye County:||1.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nevada:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nye County:||0.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nevada:||1.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nye County:||4.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.14 / 10,000 pop.|
9.06% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,016 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved from foreign countries ($563 average AGI)
Nye County: 0.07% Nevada average: 0.10%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Clark County, NV||3.36% ($33,703 average AGI)|
|from Kern County, CA||0.24% ($63,278)|
|from Los Angeles County, CA||0.24% ($62,250)|
9.14% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($39,857 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved to foreign countries ($417 average AGI)
Nye County: 0.07% Nevada average: 0.09%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Duckwater:
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Duckwater:
- KLNR (91.7 FM; PANACA, NV; Owner: NEVADA PUBLIC RADIO CORPORATION)
- KBZB (98.9 FM; PIOCHE, NV; Owner: GLA-MAR BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KWPR (88.7 FM; LUND, NV; Owner: NEVADA PUBLIC RADIO CORPORATION)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Lat: 38.555278 Lon: -115.425556, Call Sign: WQFZ556
Assigned Frequencies: 451.300 MHz, 451.400 MHz, 451.450 MHz, 451.325 MHz, 451.350 MHz, 451.500 MHz
Grant Date: 11/16/2006, Expiration Date: 11/16/2016, Certifier: Gonnie Mendez
Registrant: Sierra Electronics, Sparks, NV 89432-1545, Phone: (775) 359-1121, Fax: (775) 332-0377, Email:
Duckwater on our top lists:
- #9 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election"