Dummer, New Hampshire
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||48.3 years|
|New Hampshire median age:||43.9 years|
Zip codes: 03588.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,807 (it was $16,754 in 2000)
Dummer town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $145,702 (it was $80,800 in 2000)
Races in Dummer, NH (2010)
- 29797.7%White alone
- 62.0%Two or more races
|Relocating to New Hampshire (25 replies)|
|What town in New Hampshire most closely represents or reminds you of small town America? (857 replies)|
|New Hampshire's Most Affordable Towns (11 replies)|
|moving to the great north woods (8 replies)|
|Just wondering.... any towns strongly Republican or Democrat? (90 replies)|
|New Hampshire Conservative cities & towns? (23 replies)|
Latest news from Dummer, NH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (38.2%), English (28.2%), French Canadian (20.7%), Irish (17.8%), Norwegian (8.1%), Italian (4.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1848
Elevation: 1197 feet
Land area: 47.7 square miles.
Population density: 6.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Dummer:
- High school or higher: 81.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dummer town:
- Never married: 13.5%
- Now married: 70.3%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 7.5%
8 residents are foreign born (1.6% North America, 1.0% Asia).
According to our research of New Hampshire and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Dummer, New Hampshire as of July 31, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Dummer to the number of sex offenders is 296 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Dummer town:||1.2% ($942)|
|New Hampshire:||2.3% ($2,946)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (84.3 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (161.3 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (294.4 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Milan, NH (2.5 miles ), Stark, NH (2.6 miles ), Errol, NH (3.3 miles ), Groveton, NH (3.5 miles ), Berlin, NH (3.5 miles ), Northumberland, NH (3.6 miles ), Stratford, NH (3.8 miles ), Upton, ME (3.9 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $36,000
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $165,900
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $165,900
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $165,900
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.65 N, Longitude: 71.27 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 603
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (18%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Repair and maintenance (9%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Paper (5%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Health care (18%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (6%)
- Chemicals (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (14%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (13%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (5%)
- Electricians (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Business operations specialists (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (16%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
Average climate in Dummer, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Dummer-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below New Hampshire state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 121.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 159.5 miles away from Dummer center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 81.2 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 32.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 40.6 miles away from Dummer center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 155.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Coos County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Snows: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Dummer:
- COOS COUNTY NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; BERLIN, NH)
- SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL REHABILITATION AND NURSING CTR (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; BERLIN, NH)
- ANDROSCOGGIN VLY HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; BERLIN, NH)
- ANDROSCOGGIN VALLEY HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 13 miles away; BERLIN, NH)
located in Dummer:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dummer:
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 56 miles; Farmington, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,036)
- Plymouth State University (about 66 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 70 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 76 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Norwich University (about 78 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- Dartmouth College (about 83 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
- University of Southern Maine (about 85 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Church in Dummer: Dummer United Methodist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Dummer Ponds (A), Mud Pond (B), Sessions Pond (C), Pontook Reservoir (D), Goose Pond (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Sessions Brook (A), Robbins Brook (B), Pond Brook (C), Newell Brook (D), Lord Brook (E), Jodrie Brook (F), Island Brook (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2006 was 52.5. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2002 was 1.47. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 10.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 18.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2006 was 8.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.4 people|
|New Hampshire:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Dummer compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New Hampshire average:||10.9|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (68%)
- Wood (21%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (10%)
- Electricity (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Dummer town (based on Coos County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Coos County:||4.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coos County:||0.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||1.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coos County:||9.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.70 / 10,000 pop.|
4.89% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,190 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.07%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Grafton County, NH||0.73% ($26,768 average AGI)|
|from Merrimack County, NH||0.31% ($28,659)|
|from Hillsborough County, NH||0.30% ($41,718)|
5.60% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,437 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.45%|
0.10% of residents moved to foreign countries ($427 average AGI)
Coos County: 0.10% New Hampshire average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Dummer:
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMOU (1230 AM; 1 kW; BERLIN, NH; Owner: JERICHO BROADCASTING COMPANY, L.L.C.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMTW (870 AM; 10 kW; GORHAM, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dummer:
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WLOB-FM (96.3 FM; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WTBM (100.7 FM; MEXICO, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
- WTOS-FM (105.1 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WMEA (90.1 FM; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCKJ (90.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WEVC (107.1 FM; GORHAM, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 2m7ftTotal length
- $5,000,000Total costs
- 1,360Total average daily traffic
- 54Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,013Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: N1WAZ, Licensee ID: L00688067
Grant Date: 04/12/2007, Expiration Date: 04/12/2017, Certifier: Roger O Meserve
Registrant: Roger O Meserve, 151 Blake Road, Dummer, NH 03588