|Median resident age:||43.7 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59218
East Roosevelt CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $54,027 (it was $39,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,439 (91.2%)
- American Indian alone - 68 (4.3%)
- Two or more races - 47 (3.0%)
- Hispanic - 16 (1.0%)
- Other race alone - 4 (0.3%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 608.8 square miles.
Population density: 2.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in East Roosevelt:
- High school or higher: 82.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in East Roosevelt CCD:
- Never married: 19.9%
- Now married: 62.6%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 11.4%
- Divorced: 6.1%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|East Roosevelt CCD:||1.3% ($518)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Bismarck, ND (195.2 miles , pop. 55,532).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Minneapolis, MN (574.4 miles , pop. 382,618).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (926.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Culbertson, MT (2.7 miles ), Froid, MT (3.0 miles) , Bainville, MT (3.2 miles) , Medicine Lake, MT (4.4 miles ), Brockton, MT (4.9 miles ), Reserve, MT (5.2 miles) , Fairview, MT (5.5 miles ), East Fairview, ND (5.5 miles) .
Latitude: 48.22 N, Longitude: 104.40 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (30%)
- Construction (12%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Food (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Health care (24%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (24%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (10%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
Average climate in East Roosevelt, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:East Roosevelt-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Montana state average. It is 46% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 390.9 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 533.5 miles away from East Roosevelt center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 389.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/29/1998 at 03:31:58, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 MB, 3.7 LG, 3.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 17.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/8/1984 at 00:59:31, a magnitude 5.1 (5.1 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 285.7 miles away from East Roosevelt center
On 5/29/1984 at 20:18:32, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 286.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Roosevelt County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Storm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to East Roosevelt:
- Minot State University (about 143 miles; Minot, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,887)
- Bismarck State College (about 194 miles; Bismarck, ND; FT enrollment: 3,015)
- University of Mary (about 200 miles; Bismarck, ND; FT enrollment: 2,854)
- Montana State University-Billings (about 257 miles; Billings, MT; FT enrollment: 4,319)
- Black Hills State University (about 260 miles; Spearfish, SD; FT enrollment: 3,166)
- Sheridan College (about 269 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology (about 293 miles; Rapid City, SD; FT enrollment: 2,102)
Notable locations in East Roosevelt: Farmers Elevator Company Elevator (A), Farmers Elevator Company of Froid - Elevator Number One (B), Bainville Rest Area (C), Froid Elevator Company of Froid - Elevator Number Two (D), Custom Built Feeds Elevator (E), McCabe (F), Lakeside (G), Froid (H), Culbertson (I), Bainville (J), Roosevelt County Sheriff's Department Substation (K), Culbertson Police Department (L), Culbertson Volunteer Fire Department (M), Culbertson Museum (N), Froid Volunteer Fire Department (O), Froid Public Library (P), Culbertson Public Library (Q), Bainville Public Library (R), Bainville Rural Fire District (S). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in East Roosevelt include: Ebenezer Church (A), Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (B), Everson-Clayton Mortuary Chapel (C), Bethel Free Lutheran Church (D), Trinity Lutheran Church (E), Saint Anthonys Catholic Church (F), First Baptist Church (G), Freidens Church (H), Froid Lutheran Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Mondak Cemetery (1), Freidens Cemetery (2), South Cemetery (3), Kvile Cemetery (4), Bainville Cemetery (5), Bauer Cemetery (6), Hillside Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Johnson Lake (A), Duck Lake (B), Homestead Lake (C), Harmon Reservoir (D), Picard Reservoir (E), Shotgun Reservoir (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Cedar Creek (A), Deer Creek (B), Horse Tied Creek (C), Little Muddy Creek (D), Lost Creek (E), Red Bank Creek (F), Sand Creek (G), Sheep Creek (H), Shotgun Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in East Roosevelt include: Fjeseth Field (1), Bruegger Centennial Park (2), Swimming Pool Park (3), C C Recreation Complex (4), Town Park (5), Snowden Bridge Historical Marker (6), Fort Union Historical Marker (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
32 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere in 2000
East Roosevelt compared to Montana state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (44%)
- Utility gas (31%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (10%)
- Electricity (7%)
- Wood (3%)
- Coal or coke (2%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for East Roosevelt CCD (based on Roosevelt County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 82.51%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||LDS (Mormon) Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Assemblies of God|
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Association of Free Lutheran Congregations||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Roosevelt County:||5.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Roosevelt County:||8.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
6.13% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,941 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Yellowstone County, MT||0.54% ($23,556 average AGI)|
6.27% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,101 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in East Roosevelt:
- KEYZ (660 AM; 5 kW; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KATQ (1070 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PLENTYWOOD, MT; Owner: RADIO INTERNAT'L-KATQ B/CAST ASSOC.)
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KATL (770 AM; 10 kW; MILES CITY, MT; Owner: STAR PRINTING COMPANY)
- KMTA (1050 AM; 10 kW; MILES CITY, MT; Owner: SENGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KBHB (810 AM; 25 kW; STURGIS, SD; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WWNL (1080 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: STEEL CITY RADIO, INC.)
- KHRT (1320 AM; 10 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KFLN (960 AM; 5 kW; BAKER, MT; Owner: NEWELL BROADCASTING INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCJB (910 AM; 5 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KGLE (590 AM; 1 kW; GLENDIVE, MT; Owner: FRIENDS OF CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in East Roosevelt:
- K201FG (88.1 FM; CULBERTSON, MT; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KTHC (95.1 FM; SIDNEY, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KYYZ (96.1 FM; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KDSR (101.1 FM; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: WILLISTON COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP. D/B/A KDSR(FM))
- KPPR (89.5 FM; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: PRAIRIE PUBLIC B/CNG, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around East Roosevelt:
- KXMD-TV (Channel 11; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: REITEN TELEVISION, INC.)
- KWSE (Channel 4; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: PRAIRIE PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K34GY (Channel 34; CULBERTSON, MT; Owner: TOWN OF CULBERTSON)
- KUMV-TV (Channel 8; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: NORTH DAKOTA TELEVISION LICENSE SUB, L.L.C.)