Eastham: eastham post office
Eastham: Eastham Windmill
Eastham: Pottery Fair at the Eastham Windmill
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||56.6 years|
|Massachusetts median age:||39.2 years|
Zip codes: 02642.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $38,616 (it was $24,642 in 2000)
Eastham town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $406,716 (it was $192,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $488,729; Detached houses: $503,182; Townhouses or other attached units: $366,547; In 2-unit structures: $432,223; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $332,798; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $254,410; Mobile homes: $69,628
Races in Eastham, MA (2010)
- 4,75095.8%White alone
- 501.0%Two or more races
- 340.7%Black alone
- 280.6%Asian alone
- 120.2%American Indian alone
- 70.1%Other race alone
|would you say now is a bad time to buy? (253 replies)|
|The Best Town Commons in Massachusetts (71 replies)|
|The answer to all MA questions, lol (39 replies)|
|Thinking of moving to Eastham MA (2 replies)|
|Traditional MA or Cape Cod treats (27 replies)|
|Cape Cod real estate (21 replies)|
Latest news from Eastham, MA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Eastham, MA City Guides:
Ancestries: English (27.5%), Irish (23.8%), German (13.5%), Italian (12.5%), French (7.8%), United States (5.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1646
Elevation: 48 feet
Land area: 14.0 square miles.
Population density: 354 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Eastham:
- High school or higher: 93.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 16.2%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Eastham town:
- Never married: 20.3%
- Now married: 59.4%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 10.5%
207 residents are foreign born (2.9% Europe, 0.5% North America).
According to our research of Massachusetts and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Eastham, Massachusetts as of February 19, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Eastham to the number of sex offenders is 5,463 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Eastham town:||0.9% ($1,693)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: New Bedford, MA (50.7 miles , pop. 93,768).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (65.8 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (213.3 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: North Eastham, MA (1.1 miles ), Orleans, MA (1.9 miles ), Wellfleet, MA (2.4 miles ), Brewster, MA (2.6 miles ), East Harwich, MA (3.1 miles ), West Chatham, MA (3.3 miles ), Chatham, MA (3.3 miles ), Harwich, MA (3.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 96 buildings, average cost: $123,300
- 1998: 113 buildings, average cost: $136,000
- 1999: 140 buildings, average cost: $144,900
- 2000: 94 buildings, average cost: $182,600
- 2001: 52 buildings, average cost: $167,900
- 2002: 47 buildings, average cost: $208,300
- 2003: 40 buildings, average cost: $222,400
- 2004: 37 buildings, average cost: $219,100
- 2005: 52 buildings, average cost: $224,100
- 2006: 33 buildings, average cost: $312,100
- 2007: 52 buildings, average cost: $228,100
- 2008: 12 buildings, average cost: $316,300
- 2009: 11 buildings, average cost: $197,500
- 2010: 14 buildings, average cost: $330,100
- 2011: 14 buildings, average cost: $364,100
- 2012: 22 buildings, average cost: $230,000
- 2013: 24 buildings, average cost: $245,800
- 2014: 22 buildings, average cost: $253,600
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 41.84 N, Longitude: 69.98 W
|Crime rates in Eastham by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 264.3)||105.1||73.2||122.8||102.4||245.5||162.5||136.4||143.7||160.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Eastham detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.25|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
- Construction (28%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (5%)
- Educational services (3%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (3%)
- Health care (17%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Carpenters (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (12%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (6%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in Eastham, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Eastham-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Massachusetts state average. It is 91% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 141.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 264.7 miles away from Eastham center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 262.6 miles away from the city center
On 8/22/1992 at 12:20:32, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 3.8 MS, 4.7 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 189.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 196.6 miles away from Eastham center
On 7/22/2003 at 11:41:15, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 64.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Barnstable County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 8
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 7, Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Snows: 3, Snowstorms: 3, Blizzards: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Snowfall: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Eastham:
- PLEASANT BAY NURSING AND REHABILITATION (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; BREWSTER, MA)
- BREWSTER MANOR NURSING RET HOME (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; BREWSTER, MA)
- EPOCH SENIOR HEALTHCARE OF BREWSTER (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; BREWSTER, MA)
- BROAD REACH HOSPICE (Hospital, about 10 miles away; NORTH CHATHAM, MA)
- LIBERTY COMMONS (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; NORTH CHATHAM, MA)
- EPOCH SENIOR HEALTHCARE OF HARWICH (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; HARWICH, MA)
- HOSPICE OF VNA OF CEN AND OUTER CAPE COD (Hospital, about 14 miles away; SOUTH DENNIS, MA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Eastham:
- Cape Cod Community College (about 21 miles; West Barnstable, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,491)
- Bridgewater State University (about 52 miles; Bridgewater, MA; FT enrollment: 9,802)
- Massasoit Community College (about 55 miles; Brockton, MA; FT enrollment: 5,442)
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth (about 55 miles; North Dartmouth, MA; FT enrollment: 7,545)
- Stonehill College (about 59 miles; Easton, MA; FT enrollment: 2,563)
- Bristol Community College (about 60 miles; Fall River, MA; FT enrollment: 5,707)
- Quincy College (about 60 miles; Quincy, MA; FT enrollment: 3,184)
Public elementary/middle school in Eastham:
- EASTHAM ELEMENTARY (Students: 227, Location: 200 SCHOOLHOUSE ROAD, Grades: PK-5)
Notable locations in Eastham: Nauset Beach Lighthouse (A), The Eastham Mill (B), Salt Pond Visitor Center (C), Eastham Fire Department (D), Eastham Public Library (E), Eastham 1869 Schoolhouse Museum (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Cove Burying Ground (1), Bridge Road Cemetery (2), Soldiers Cemetery (3), Evergreen Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and swamps: Mill Pond (A), Widow Harding Pond (B), Salt Pond (C), Moll Pond (D), Minister Pond (E), Jemima Pond (F), Herring Pond (G), Great Pond (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Hatches Creek (A), Herring River (B), Herring Brook (C), Boat Meadow River (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Eastham include: Doane Rock Picnic Area (1), Windmill Park (2), Wiley Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Beaches: Wiley Park Beach (A), First Encounter Beach (B), Nauset Light Beach (C), Coast Guard Beach (D), Nauset Beach (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: History Art USA (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 2320 State Highway), United States Government - Interior Dept- National Park Service- Cape Cod National Seas (Recreation Areas; 1050 Nauset Road).
Hotels: Atlantic Breeze Motel & Cottages (5780 State Hwy), Four Points By Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod (Route 6), Hostelling INTL USA Enec-Mid-Cape (75 Goody Hallet Drive), Ocean Park Inn- Eastham- MA (3900 Route 6), Cove Bluffs Motel (25 Seaview Rd), Penny House Inn & Spa (4885 Route 6), Eagle Wing Motel (960 State Highway), Captain's Quarters (30 Captain Quarters Court), Painted Dog Guest Apartment The (2085 State Hwy).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 65.3. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2001 was 2.30. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 9.6 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 35.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.6 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.2% of all households
- Gay men: 1.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Eastham in 2000:
- 61 people in other workers' dormitories
- 7 people in other group homes
- 6 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Eastham town (based on Barnstable County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Barnstable County:||3.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||1.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Barnstable County:||3.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Barnstable County:||2.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||18.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.76 / 10,000 pop.|
4.67% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($63,162 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved from foreign countries ($666 average AGI)
Barnstable County: 0.07% Massachusetts average: 0.06%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Plymouth County, MA||0.53% ($47,137 average AGI)|
|from Middlesex County, MA||0.39% ($89,653)|
|from Norfolk County, MA||0.33% ($85,930)|
4.59% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($50,649 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($552 average AGI)
Barnstable County: 0.06% Massachusetts average: 0.11%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Eastham:
- WFPB (1170 AM; daytime; 1 kW; ORLEANS, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Eastham:
- WKPE-FM (104.7 FM; ORLEANS, MA; Owner: CRB WKPE LIC CORP.)
- WFCC-FM (107.5 FM; CHATHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER B/CING WFCC LIC. CORP.)
- WDVT (93.5 FM; HARWICH PORT, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WCOD-FM (106.1 FM; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WOCN-FM (103.9 FM; SOUTH YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: SANDAB COMMUNICATIONS LTD. PARTNERSHIP II)
- WPXC (102.9 FM; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WXTK (95.1 FM; WEST YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING LTD. PARTNERSHIP)
- WQRC (99.9 FM; BARNSTABLE, MA; Owner: SANDAB COMMUNICATION LTD. PNR/SHP II)
- WCDJ (102.3 FM; TRURO, MA; Owner: TRURO WIRELESS, INC.)
- WCCT-FM (90.3 FM; HARWICH, MA; Owner: CAPE COD REGIONAL TECH HIGH SCHOOL)
TV broadcast stations around Eastham:
- W08CH (Channel 8; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WDPX (Channel 58; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WMPX-LP (Channel 67; DENNIS, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 1m3ftTotal length
- $595,000Total costs
- 10,086Total average daily traffic
- 706Total average daily truck traffic
- 15,929Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1
- Lot 25 2470 Nauset Rd (76837) (Lat: 41.867167 Lon: -69.981083), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 59.4 m, Call Sign: KNKN705
Assigned Frequencies: 869.040 MHz, 869.040 MHz, 869.040 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 845.010 MHz, 845.010 MHz, 845.010 MHzGrant Date: 10/05/2010, Expiration Date: 10/01/2020, Certifier: Michael P GogginRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw - Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Orchard Rd (Lat: 41.849556 Lon: -69.980583), Call Sign: KNAU486
Assigned Frequencies: 45.8400 MHzGrant Date: 06/24/1996, Expiration Date: 07/16/2001, Cancellation Date: 09/16/2001Registrant: Eastham, Town Of, Orchard Rd, Eastham, MA 02642, Phone: (508) 255-0333
- Route 6 (Lat: 41.830667 Lon: -69.978639), Call Sign: KCB710
Assigned Frequencies: 155.520 MHz, 155.565 MHz, 155.640 MHz, 155.700 MHz, 158.850 MHzGrant Date: 04/30/2015, Expiration Date: 05/07/2025Registrant: Barnstable County Sheriff\'s Office, 6000 Sheriff\'s Place, Bourne, MA 02532, Phone: (508) 563-4243, Fax: (580) 563-4288, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- BS03XC321, 2740 Nasuet Rd. (Lat: 41.867056 Lon: -69.981028), Type: Mtower, Structure height: 59.4 m, Call Sign: WQPU657
Assigned Frequencies: 11665.0 MHz, 11665.0 MHz, 11665.0 MHzGrant Date: 08/20/2012, Expiration Date: 08/20/2022, Certifier: Kyle B EntzRegistrant: Sprint Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, M/S: Varesa0209, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:134 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Eastham)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: BAUDER JAMES B8-M (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: MCCULLOCH 4318A&E/0-100 (72 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 4695 , Serial Number: 1, Year manufactured: 1971, Airworthiness Date: 09/07/1973
Registrant (Individual): James L Bauder, 355 Governor Prence Rd, Eastham, MA 02642
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172N (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 4725G , Serial Number: 17273330, Airworthiness Date: 09/28/1979
Registrant (Corporation): Kimball Ventures Inc, 17 Arrowood Dr, Eastham, MA 02642
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172N (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 739UN , Serial Number: 17270818, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 05/11/1978
Registrant (Corporation): Kimball Ventures Inc, 17 Arrowood Dr, Eastham, MA 02642
- Aircraft: KELLEY JOHN W RANS S-7S (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 912ULS (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 854K , Serial Number: 0706440, Year manufactured: 2008, Airworthiness Date: 06/25/2008
Registrant (Co-Owned): Robert Strakele, Po Box 951, Eastham, MA 02642, Other Owners: Barbara Strakele
Drinking water stations with addresses in Eastham and their reported violations in the past:WILEY PARK CONSERVATION AREA (Address: 2500 STATE HIGHWAY , Population served: 250, Groundwater):
Past health violations:WELLFLEET APARTMENTS (Address: 3 MAIN STREET MERCANTILE, UNIT #7 , Population served: 48, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (NOV-21-2008), St Compliance achieved (NOV-21-2008)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In AUG-2013, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (NOV-29-2013)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In AUG-2008, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (FEB-27-2009)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In JUL-2008, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (NOV-21-2008), St Compliance achieved (NOV-21-2008)
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2007, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (NOV-14-2007), St Compliance achieved (NOV-14-2008)
- One routine major monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 28
- Hazardous Condition: 46
- Service Call: 27
- Good Intent Call: 11
Incident types - Eastham
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Eastham, Massachusetts:
- Town Crier Motel, 3620 State Hwy, Eastham, Massachusetts 2642 , Phone: (508) 255-4000, Fax: (508) 255-7491
- Four Points By Sheraton Eastham, 3800 State Hwy, Eastham, Massachusetts 2642 , Phone: (508) 255-5000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (65%)
- Utility gas (14%)
- Electricity (13%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- Wood (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Eastham, MA|
Eastham compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Eastham on our top lists:
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other workers' dormitories (population 1,000+)"
- #1 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that smoked 100+ cigarettes in their lives"
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2007-2013"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that visited a dentist within the past year"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest average weight of females"
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 31 patent applications in 2008-2017.