|Median resident age:||36.8 years|
|Georgia median age:||39.7 years|
Zip codes: 31023.
Eastman city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $75,790 (it was $48,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $408.
- White alone - 2,748 (51.0%)
- Black alone - 2,052 (38.1%)
- Hispanic - 476 (8.8%)
- Two or more races - 87 (1.6%)
- Other race alone - 14 (0.3%)
- American Indian alone - 7 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 5 (0.09%)
|anyones thoughts on macon? (139 replies)|
|Why hasn't the West End gentrified yet? (156 replies)|
|How Doraville's GM Site could Become a Walker's Utopia (11 replies)|
|South Georgia is Breaking Bad (33 replies)|
|Thinking about moving to Dublin GA (10 replies)|
|A Green Light for GM plant project (15 replies)|
Latest news from Eastman, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (18.8%), United States (13.1%), Irish (4.4%), German (4.0%), Polish (2.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 362 feet
Land area: 5.10 square miles.
Population density: 1,063 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Eastman:
- High school or higher: 76.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 7.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Eastman city:
- Never married: 34.7%
- Now married: 36.4%
- Separated: 5.9%
- Widowed: 13.3%
- Divorced: 9.7%
283 residents are foreign born (0.9% Asia, 0.8% Europe, 0.6% Latin America).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 78 registered sex offenders living in Eastman, Georgia as of July 04, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Eastman to the number of sex offenders is 68 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $757 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $576 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Macon, GA (52.0 miles , pop. 97,255).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (129.3 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (701.3 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Chauncey, GA (3.0 miles ), Empire, GA (3.5 miles ), Cadwell, GA (3.6 miles ), Hartford, GA (3.6 miles ), Chester, GA (3.7 miles ), Milan, GA (3.7 miles ), Rhine, GA (3.8 miles ), Abbeville, GA (4.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $62,500
- 1998: 11 buildings, average cost: $98,700
- 1999: 11 buildings, average cost: $85,400
- 2000: 9 buildings, average cost: $55,200
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $58,600
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $85,000
- 2004: 8 buildings, average cost: $107,600
- 2005: 8 buildings, average cost: $85,400
- 2006: 15 buildings, average cost: $89,100
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $58,600
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $53,600
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $94,100
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $68,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 32.20 N, Longitude: 83.18 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,113 (+39.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 985 (55.3%)
Area code: 478
|Crime rates in Eastman by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 292.1)||569.3||552.2||544.8||650.1||639.9||712.9||661.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Eastman detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.78|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +178 (+3.4%).
- Manufacturing (35%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (16%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Construction (11%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Retail trade (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (4%)
- Educational services (24%)
- Health care and social assistance (21%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Registered nurses (4%)
Average climate in Eastman, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Eastman-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 22% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/30/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.1 miles away from the Eastman city center killed 18 people and injured 300 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/8/1957, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 24.7 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 3 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Eastman-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 122.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 212.7 miles away from Eastman center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 183.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 252.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 251.2 miles away from Eastman center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 187.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Dodge County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Storms: 2, Tropical Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Edward Columbus Hosford - Architect, Hugh Royer, Jr. - Professional golfer, Hank Mobley - (1930-1986), tenor, W. S. Stuckey, Jr. - Chief executive, W. S. Stuckey, Sr. - Chief executive.
Hospitals and medical centers in Eastman:
- DODGE COUNTY HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 901 GRIFFIN AVE)
- FMC OF EASTMAN INC (115 PROFESIONAL CENTER DR)
- THREE RIVERS HOME HEALTH SERVICES, INC (205 FOSTER ST)
- EASTMAN HEALTHCARE AND REHAB (556 CHESTER HIGHWAY)
- HEART OF GA NH (PO BOX 4216)
- HEART OF GEORGIA (8I5 LEGION DR)
- MIDDLE GA NH (CHESTER RD)
Airports located in Eastman:
- Heart Of Georgia Regional Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 18,500, Local Ops: 39,500)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Eastman:
- Central Georgia Technical College (about 38 miles; Warner Robins, GA; Full-time enrollment: 6,829)
- Fort Valley State University (about 49 miles; Fort Valley, GA; FT enrollment: 3,200)
- Mercer University (about 52 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 6,297)
- South Georgia State College (about 53 miles; Douglas, GA; FT enrollment: 2,507)
- Middle Georgia State College (about 54 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 7,091)
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (about 54 miles; Tifton, GA; FT enrollment: 2,564)
- East Georgia State College (about 58 miles; Swainsboro, GA; FT enrollment: 2,345)
Public high school in Eastman:
- Dodge County High School (Students: 934; Location: 350 Pearl Bates Road; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Eastman:
Notable locations in Eastman: Eastman Fire Department Station 2 (A), Eastman Fire Department Station 1 (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Dodge Plaza Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Eastman include: First Baptist Church of Eastman (A), Eastman Methodist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Orphans Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Eastman-dodge County Recreation Department (Arcades & Amusements; 1027 Dublin Highway).
Hotels: Eastman-Days Inn (1126 College St), Eastman Motel (1234 College Street), Dodge Hill Inn - Reservations (5021 9th Avenue).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Eastman and their reported violations in the past:EASTMAN (Population served: 6,700, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One minor monitoring violation
(14.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 36.0% for Black residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 32.5% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Eastman in 2010:
- 99 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 76 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 71 people in college/university student housing
- 29 people in correctional facilities intended for juveniles
- 7 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Eastman in 2000:
- 300 people in unknown juvenile institutions
- 109 people in nursing homes
- 42 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 41 people in short-term care, detention or diagnostic centers for delinquent children
- 23 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 6 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 6 people in other group homes
Eastman compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Eastman (2011 data):
- Citizens Bank & Trust Company: Limited Service Facility at 100 Fifth Avenue, branch established on 1987/07/06; at 5101 Fifth Avenue, branch established on 1934/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $145.5 mil, Deposits: $128.1 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens Corporation
- Colony Bank: Of Dodge County Branch at 5510 Oak Street, branch established on 1934/01/01. Info updated 2011/04/20: Bank assets: $1,192.8 mil, Deposits: $1,001.0 mil, headquarters in Fitzgerald, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 29 total offices, Holding Company: Colony Bankcorp, Inc.
- Bank of Eastman: Bank Of Eastman at 130 Oak Street, branch established on 1919/01/02. Info updated 2009/02/04: Bank assets: $220.9 mil, Deposits: $197.3 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Magnolia Bankshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (76%)
- Utility gas (24%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Eastman city (based on Dodge County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 66.77%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||National Association of Free Will Baptists||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||International Pentecostal Holiness Church|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Church of the Nazarene||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Catholic Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Dodge County:||5.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dodge County:||3.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dodge County:||7.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$16,663||$33,326||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||14||$36,441||$31,235||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$3,906||$23,436||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$11,488||$22,976||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||47||$121,046||$30,905||0||$0|
Eastman government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $609,000 ($112.36)
Police Protection: $419,000 ($77.31)
Sewerage: $406,000 ($74.91)
Solid Waste Management: $350,000 ($64.58)
Central Staff Services: $349,000 ($64.39)
Fire Protection: $301,000 ($55.54)
Regular Highways: $270,000 ($49.82)
General - Other: $218,000 ($40.22)
Housing & Community Development: $62,000 ($11.44)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $18,000 ($3.32)
Judicial and Legal Services: $13,000 ($2.40)
Health Services - Other: $6,000 ($1.11)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($0.18)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $62,000 ($11.44)
Health: $3,000 ($0.55)
Welfare: $2,000 ($0.37)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($0.18)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $63,000 ($11.62)
Water Utilities: $30,000 ($5.54)
Sewerage: $20,000 ($3.69)
Solid Waste Management: $19,000 ($3.51)
Central Staff: $17,000 ($3.14)
General - Other: $5,000 ($0.92)
Fire Protection: $5,000 ($0.92)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $937,000 ($172.88)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $136,000 ($25.09)
Eastman government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $495,000 ($91.33)
Solid Waste Management: $384,000 ($70.85)
All Other: $68,000 ($12.55)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $120,000 ($22.14)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $498,000 ($91.88)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $71,000 ($13.10)
Interest Earnings: $24,000 ($4.43)
Rents: $3,000 ($0.55)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $743,000 ($137.08)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $92,000 ($16.97)
- Tax - Property: $415,000 ($76.57)
Public Utilities: $313,000 ($57.75)
Other Selective Sales: $245,000 ($45.20)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $144,000 ($26.57)
NEC: $122,000 ($22.51)
Eastman government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $2,918,000 ($538.38)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $221,000 ($40.77)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $2,966,000 ($547.23)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $173,000 ($31.92)
Eastman government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $894,000 ($164.94)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $807,000 ($148.89)
5.40% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($25,070 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Telfair County, GA||0.64% ($21,769 average AGI)|
|from Laurens County, GA||0.56% ($26,912)|
|from Bleckley County, GA||0.33% ($23,550)|
5.99% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,207 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Eastman:
- WUFF (710 AM; daytime; 3 kW; EASTMAN, GA; Owner: FARNELL O'QUINN)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNNG (1350 AM; 15 kW; WARNER ROBINS, GA; Owner: CHASE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKTF (1550 AM; 10 kW; VIENNA, GA; Owner: SANTILLANA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMLT (1330 AM; 5 kW; DUBLIN, GA; Owner: STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXJO (1120 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GORDON, GA; Owner: ROBERTS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WPGA (980 AM; 5 kW; PERRY, GA; Owner: RADIO PERRY, INC.)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Eastman:
- WQIL (101.3 FM; CHAUNCEY, GA; Owner: GSW, INC.)
- WUFF-FM (97.5 FM; EASTMAN, GA; Owner: FARNELL O'QUINN)
- WMCG (104.9 FM; MILAN, GA; Owner: TEL-DODGE BROADCASTING CO.)
- WDCO-FM (89.7 FM; COCHRAN, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WOKA-FM (106.7 FM; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: COFFEE COUNTY BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WVMG-FM (96.7 FM; COCHRAN, GA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQSY (103.9 FM; HAWKINSVILLE, GA; Owner: TRI-COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYSC (102.7 FM; MCRAE, GA; Owner: CINECOM BROASCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WKKZ (92.7 FM; DUBLIN, GA; Owner: KIRBY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Eastman:
- WDCO-TV (Channel 29; COCHRAN, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 18
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 28
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 4
- Fatalities: 20
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 46
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 3
- Fatal accident count: 100
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 155
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 27
- Fatalities: 109
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 258
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 14
Total length: 0 meters
Total average daily traffic: 3,150
Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic: 4,725
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 70 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Eastman, GA)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 37 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Eastman)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 49 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Eastman)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 76
- Hazardous Condition: 29
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Eastman
|Most common first names in Eastman, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Eastman, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Eastman, GA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|
Eastman on our top lists:
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Paper (population 5,000+)"
- #15 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in short-term care, detention or diagnostic centers for delinquent children"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Lumber and other construction materials merchant wholesalers (population 5,000+)"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Construction, extraction, maintenance, and repair occupations: (population 5,000+)"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (population 5,000+)"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations: (population 5,000+)"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2015.